AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-05, 00:57   Link #221
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elehayym View Post
As much as I think AltoXRanka woudn't really make sense at this point, I'm still skeptic about the whole kiss thing... if they really did kiss why not show it? They did before so it's not like it's a taboo or something D:

That said, dunno if it's only me but I did have the impression that the main reason why Alto didn't go with SMS was to be with Sheryl. Besides he had just finished telling Sheryl that he would be with her till the end and running away with Ozma right after would've been a bit ridiculous ^^;

The last part of the episode felt weird though cause Ozma & co are clearly depicted as the "good guys" (quite obviously since we know what Leon has been scheming), but then what's the role of Alto, Sheryl and Luca right now? Allies of the bad guy without knowing that he's a bad guy maybe? I wish they showed what was that Ozma sent to everyone in SMS D:
Looking at the HD Raw, they clearly kissed... why they didnīt show it in a close-up is anyones guess.

As for the message from SMS, Alto didnīt even look at it when it came in, he immediately switched off his phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg9990 View Post
Im beginning to think that it will be a "Macross 7"-esque ending(Still rooting for Sheryl though )
We are so much further along in the romance than Macross 7 ever was...
Old 2008-09-05, 01:07   Link #222
Haninozuka

Just had a thought...after Sheryl fainted, was Alto the one who then helped undress her and put her in the kimono?

Cause I'm pretty sure there was no one else, no female servants to help change her out of her clothes. Luckily Alto's a gentleman.

Last edited by Haninozuka; 2008-09-05 at 01:21.
Old 2008-09-05, 01:12   Link #223
aneeshadc

I know, I was thinking the exact same thing ! It had to be alto !
Old 2008-09-05, 01:15   Link #224
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You know what, Ozma's line during the dogfight is the only thing I am pondering on. But if Alto is a man to take back his words, then this show can burn in hell.

- Tak
Been thinking about that. When I first saw it, I thought to myself that bastard wants Alto to be his brother-in-law in Vajra land. But Ozma is suppose to be the wise one, so may be he meant something else. Then I remembered he asked Alto what he was killing for, and in the hospital he asked Alto what he was fighting to protect. So I believe that Alto's path is still to protect his beloved sky and the people he loves who lives under it, but killing the Vajra in it is perhaps not the best method. I think it was more to facilitate the peaceful ending with the Vajra than trying to hint at the love triangle.

On the topic of Alto x Sheryl, the scene with them left me wanting more. I believe Alto's feelings for Sheryl are real, and they are more of love than of pity. He would have probably confessed had Sheryl not told him that singing is her only reason to continue. Hearing her decision, he decided to support it, even though he didn't like it. He knows that she loves him, but singing until she dies is more important to her than he is to her. So he clamped down on his confession. And Sheryl would have confessed, if she didn't think Alto is only with her out of pity. They are still misunderstanding each other, which is pretty bitter sweet (and annoying k-drama like). But that will make the finale all the better when the finally shed off their skin and takes each other in their arms.

A Ranka x Alto ending at this stage seems impossible. I disagree with the whole "surprise" argument. First off, it wasn't Kawamori who said it but Alto's VA. Second, Kawamori will not resolve the triangle just for the sake of a surprise. His is the brilliant work that comes with a message and I cannot fanthom what kind of message a Ranka x Alto ending would be right. Sure, he'll spin us around and ping pongs us back and forth, but will always end up in the right place.
Old 2008-09-05, 01:19   Link #225
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

ugh... next ep is about ranka. Skip to ma loo.. my darling... ugh seriously.. after this ep.. just ugh... lol
Old 2008-09-05, 01:31   Link #226
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
So I believe that Alto's path is still to protect his beloved sky and the people he loves who lives under it, but killing the Vajra in it is perhaps not the best method. I think it was more to facilitate the peaceful ending with the Vajra than trying to hint at the love triangle.
Peaceful ending? I might have missed something because of language barriers, but what did Ozma tell the Macross Quarter crew for all to defect except the fact that Leon murdered President Glass? What does it have to do with the Vajra?

Quote:
On the topic of Alto x Sheryl, the scene with them left me wanting more. I believe Alto's feelings for Sheryl are real, and they are more of love than of pity. He would have probably confessed had Sheryl not told him that singing is her only reason to continue. Hearing her decision, he decided to support it, even though he didn't like it. He knows that she loves him, but singing until she dies is more important to her than he is to her. So he clamped down on his confession. And Sheryl would have confessed, if she didn't think Alto is only with her out of pity. They are still misunderstanding each other, which is pretty bitter sweet (and annoying k-drama like). But that will make the finale all the better when the finally shed off their skin and takes each other in their arms.
If there was an episode where everything should have been solved on love issues to seal everything (and throw the key), it should have been this one. I don't think there could be a more perfect moment than this one to confess everything and all out. I am saying that because the most important matter is coming ahead: battling Grace, Leon's dictatorship or vicious Vajra. It would have been better to finish with one issue before focusing to the biggest one.

That's why I hate when things go down to the wire.

Quote:
A Ranka x Alto ending at this stage seems impossible. I disagree with the whole "surprise" argument. First off, it wasn't Kawamori who said it but Alto's VA. Second, Kawamori will not resolve the triangle just for the sake of a surprise. His is the brilliant work that comes with a message and I cannot fanthom what kind of message a Ranka x Alto ending would be right. Sure, he'll spin us around and ping pongs us back and forth, but will always end up in the right place.
Even thinking of a Ranka x Alto ending would be illogical and not fitting into any mood. As you said, what kind of message would it give? Whatever it is, it would be a shallow message.

Kawamori already played with my mind too often in the past when things got back and forth between Van and Allen about Hitomi's feelings in Escaflowne. But at least we could already feel it was already over (on the love issue) with 2-3 episodes left back then, which is not quite the case here because there's still the possibility of Sheryl dying.
Old 2008-09-05, 01:39   Link #227
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Peaceful ending? I might have missed something because of language barriers, but what did Ozma tell the Macross Quarter crew for all to defect except the fact that Leon murdered President Glass? What does it have to do with the Vajra?
We'll have to find out what is in the message. It's pure speculation at this point, but I believe Ranka's letter to Ozma leads him to want a peaceful ending with the Vajra and what's why SMS is heading to Vajra-land.

Quote:
Kawamori already played with my mind too often in the past when things got back and forth between Van and Allen about Hitomi's feelings in Escaflowne. But at least we could already feel it was already over (on the love issue) with 2-3 episodes left back then, which is not quite the case here because there's still the possibility of Sheryl dying.
Hikaru x Misa wasn't confirmed until the last 40 seconds of the series.
Old 2008-09-05, 01:42   Link #228
Minari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Alto kissed Sheryl at the end of the scene yes.

And seen how the camera was showing what was looking Alto during their conversation, I will not be surprise if they did something else after the kiss Ž_Ž

...Am I the only one who saw this strange moment ? With Alto who is sweating just after have seen what is near of the place where her tears are ending up ?

Ranka took the bad route. I don't see her and Alto hooking at the end, Sheryl should be his only one (or he dies :P )
haha your not the only one.. I had the same exact thought too!!!! I was like.. wow it looks like they had...
Old 2008-09-05, 01:51   Link #229
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

This is how I see it... IF Sheryl dies, Alto better end up with NO ONE. Yes I'm that damn selfish. >_>; There is nothing bulding up to his relationship with Ai-Kun's girlfriend (whom Ai-Kun deflowered in ep 21 mind you...).

I just really hope Sheryl doesn't die and that she ends up with Alto.... and even if it isn't 100% confirmed, just imply that they got together lol..

Edit: Oh ya, who jumped out of their chair

Spoiler for when...:
Old 2008-09-05, 02:08   Link #230
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuniiChan View Post
This is how I see it... IF Sheryl dies, Alto better end up with NO ONE. Yes I'm that damn selfish. >_>; There is nothing bulding up to his relationship with Ai-Kun's girlfriend (whom Ai-Kun deflowered in ep 21 mind you...).

I just really hope Sheryl doesn't die and that she ends up with Alto.... and even if it isn't 100% confirmed, just imply that they got together lol..

Edit: Oh ya, who jumped out of their chair

Spoiler for when...:
Yeah well I think Elmo had his Oh Sh*t moment when Mr. Secret Service said the President wanted to talk with Sheryl.

I'm guessing he'll be fighting the dictator Leon.

Elmo:" You government B*stards wrecked my websites, took away my Ranka-chan, destroyed Folmo Mall , now you want to use and ruin Sheryl? Enough is enough! The time has come to stand up for our culture, our song, our love! Let the revolution begin!"
Old 2008-09-05, 02:22   Link #231
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Ram Hoa

The Redhead from the SMS Macross Quarter bridge is hot. Just noticed her again while watching the moment when everyone received that message..

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-05, 02:23   Link #232
MaiHikari

After a 2nd watch at the raw, I edited my translation. I thought Sheryl said something she wasn't.
Spoiler for edit:
Old 2008-09-05, 02:25   Link #233
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Quote:
Originally Posted by solothurn View Post
"Macross 7"-esque ending means "no resolution end"? Quite possible, too. Kawamori can be a bit of a troll at times.
Yeah, even with the OVA on M7, I thought they are going to settle the pair, but no, Kawamori played with it
Old 2008-09-05, 02:59   Link #234
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg9990 View Post
Yeah, even with the OVA on M7, I thought they are going to settle the pair, but no, Kawamori played with it

Sometimes an open ending is the best bet for director-san's personal safety.
Old 2008-09-05, 03:09   Link #235
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

I personally think M7's ending was Gamlin x Mylene. Basara never utterly showed complete interest in Mylene and is more absorbed with his music as to even bother about a relationship with her.
Old 2008-09-05, 03:25   Link #236
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
I personally think M7's ending was Gamlin x Mylene. Basara never utterly showed complete interest in Mylene and is more absorbed with his music as to even bother about a relationship with her.
If we believe the Frontier manga adaption she didn't end up with anybody.

She's still named Mylene Jenius.

The singer who inspired Sheryl was most definitely Mylene. I don't think she was Enika (Macross 7 Trash) or Passero (Macross Generation) or one of the Milky Dolls (Macross VF-X).
Old 2008-09-05, 03:38   Link #237
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
I think the Macross 7 ending (with OVA) indicated more of a Basara x Gamlin ending.

I remember cleary how of them flew past a very surprised Mylene. Gamlin chasing after Basara (And both only said: "Hi Mylene!" "Hello Mylene-san." while doing so).
Old 2008-09-05, 03:39   Link #238
glyph

Quote:
If Gamlin had a shred of dignity left by the end when she wanted to drag him along in her ambition of joining the Flower Girl Society of Intergalactic Basara Stalkers because, as she openly admitted, she didn't want to "choose" between the two of them, he'd have made the decision for her.
Old 2008-09-05, 04:00   Link #239
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Ram Hoa

The Redhead from the SMS Macross Quarter bridge is hot. Just noticed her again while watching the moment when everyone received that message..
She reminded me of Sammy, my favorite bridge bunny in SDFM, so that scene you mentioned was merely a confirmation for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
It is pretty obvious that AltoxRanka will be a shocker and AltoxSheryl is the predictable path.
Now we have to see if they kill Sheryl or not. There has to be more casualties in this show.

Main candidates as casualties...

Klan
Luca
Sheryl
Osma
Leon
Brara
Grace
When I'm thinking of a shocker, AltoxRanka isn't one. I propose to include Alto in that death list.

I'm seriously getting Macross Plus vibes here:
- renegade soldiers who will resolve the conflict
- cyborg in a VF
- Alto and Brera, perhaps Luca is the hacker guy that helps Alto

Which means
- one VF taking on Battle Frontier to kill Leon and rescue a hostaged Ranka (my bet is Alto)
- another VF taking on Grace (Brera in here)
But I have a feeling both will die.

One last thing, the one thing to justify boob-grabbing was that Grace was just checking to see if her replacement body is up to task.
Old 2008-09-05, 04:10   Link #240
magnuskn

Quote:
He was all over Emilia anyway, in their one encounter. I guess finding out that she is Mylenes sister scared him off. ^^