AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-06-27, 15:46   Link #1281
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Asuki polls are never good barometers in representing how good a series is. A series can be horribly directed and written and still gain 10s (Code Geass R2 comes to mind), while a good series can get 5s (Natsume Yuujincho).

And yes, I'm one of those that found Angel Beats entertaining, but very flawed in terms of execution. One would have to be blind not to see the issues inherent in the series. Well, either that or a diehard Key/Maeda fan.
And i rarely vote if it's not 10 also. I expected more people like me around here
Old 2010-06-27, 16:53   Link #1282
Aaerul

I'm just going to copy and paste because I think this comment at the Star Crossed Anime Blog really nailed it.

"It’s true that the action in Angel Beats is all over the place and that is somewhat of a liability, but each of those episodes tells us about the world works. The varied nature helps keep it from being repetitive while it does the explaining.

On an unrelated note, I find that most criticisms of this anime out there stem from those critics’ desire to see every single detail explained LOTR-style - the story behind every character, thorough explanation for every plot point, even the story behind the creation of the world. This is an unrealistic expectation. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having dozens of characters and focusing on two or three, or not explaining every little detail about the plot and the world. For a 13-episode series, the story is remarkably complete.

The enjoyment of this series also depends on the realistic expectation on the viewer’s part. This anime is really one of the most excellent animes out there."
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 20:57   Link #1283
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Such a sad ending
Old 2010-06-30, 05:39   Link #1284
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ota-kun View Post
AniDragon has headlines on a rumor thread on 2ch about an Angel Beats! 2 prequel anime based on the novel and

Spoiler:
can anybody confirm this
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 23:18   Link #1285
Larvayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
I'm just going to copy and paste because I think this comment at the Star Crossed Anime Blog really nailed it.

"It’s true that the action in Angel Beats is all over the place and that is somewhat of a liability, but each of those episodes tells us about the world works. The varied nature helps keep it from being repetitive while it does the explaining.

On an unrelated note, I find that most criticisms of this anime out there stem from those critics’ desire to see every single detail explained LOTR-style - the story behind every character, thorough explanation for every plot point, even the story behind the creation of the world. This is an unrealistic expectation. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having dozens of characters and focusing on two or three, or not explaining every little detail about the plot and the world. For a 13-episode series, the story is remarkably complete.

The enjoyment of this series also depends on the realistic expectation on the viewer’s part. This anime is really one of the most excellent animes out there."
This! Though I like more details, especially on the minor characters, I think Angel Beats! is good at it is. Thank you for posting this.
Larvayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 23:42   Link #1286
NODA7

Exclamation

hey, voz-subs is doing a poll to see which BD will be subbed.

the choices r:

WORKING!!

Angel Beats!

maid-sama

right now WORKING!! is leading the poll by 5 votes ahead of angel beats!.

what im saying is for u to vote 4 Angel Beats! cause i want 2 QC this really bad and i want u the fans 2 be happy and satified.

here is the link 2 the site:

http://voz-fansubs.org/
Old 2010-07-01, 02:13   Link #1287
Ota-kun
v イイエイイエイイエ!!!v

Meh, I'll just wait for THORA to sub the blu-ray
Ota-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:12   Link #1288
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
can anybody confirm this
Hm, so I guess no one has posted this yet:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri
Look out for the Angel Beats! Second Season where I’ll return as the heroine!
source: http://worldomonation.wordpress.com/...second-season/

It most likely was a joke, but if it isn't, then it'll probably be about Track Zero (prequel) since Yuri is the main heroine there.
Old 2010-07-13, 06:09   Link #1289
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NODA7 View Post
hey, voz-subs is doing a poll to see which BD will be subbed.

the choices r:

WORKING!!
Isn't working DVD-only?

By the way, would you plan to fansub the commentary tracks of Angel Beats?
Old 2010-07-14, 11:01   Link #1290
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Just finished this short and sweet tearjerker, and a thought came to me:

Nobody in the Anime industry can make you cry better than Maeda "Air-Kanon-Clannad-Angel Beats" Jun.

Nobody in the Video-Game industry can make you cry better than Kojima "Metal-Gear-Solid 3" Hideo.

If the two of them ever worked together on a heartwarming-tearjerker game/anime....

My GOD the universe would implode on itself!!
Old 2010-07-14, 11:49   Link #1291
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Just finished this short and sweet tearjerker, and a thought came to me:

Nobody in the Anime industry can make you cry better than Maeda "Air-Kanon-Clannad-Angel Beats" Jun.

Nobody in the Video-Game industry can make you cry better than Kojima "Metal-Gear-Solid 3" Hideo.

If the two of them ever worked together on a heartwarming-tearjerker game/anime....

My GOD the universe would implode on itself!!
Well they both have the tendency to come up with major brainf**k moments in their stories but I would say that's were the similarities end...

On a slightly related note though I would love to see something in the Metal Gear "canon" in anime form...
Old 2010-07-14, 19:05   Link #1292
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Well they both have the tendency to come up with major brainf**k moments in their stories but I would say that's were the similarities end...
Well, that and the fact they both can tell stories that can drive grown men into fits of sentimental tears.

Quote:
On a slightly related note though I would love to see something in the Metal Gear "canon" in anime form...
Ah, the perfect combination.

The powerful-yet-sentimental stories of Kojima Hideo,

The beautiful and endearing designs of Key Studios,

The stunning animation of Kyo-Ani

And the Heart-Tugging Music of Maeda Jun (Harry Gregson Williams is too busy these days wasting his time on Arthouse "Ridley-pretentious-Scott" films to care about Japanes Video Games any more)

Basically, Metal Gear Solid meets Clannad and Angel Beats.

U~waii!! Can't Wait!!
Old 2010-07-14, 19:42   Link #1293
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

If they made a Visual Novel/stealth action game IT WOULD BE THE BEST THING OF ALL TIME.

Unless they decided to make Angel Beats into a 100+ episode long anime with sagas and everything.

<3
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 19:48   Link #1294
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Ah, the perfect combination.

The powerful-yet-sentimental stories of Kojima Hideo,

The beautiful and endearing designs of Key Studios,

The stunning animation of Kyo-Ani

And the Heart-Tugging Music of Maeda Jun (Harry Gregson Williams is too busy these days wasting his time on Arthouse "Ridley-pretentious-Scott" films to care about Japanes Video Games any more)

Basically, Metal Gear Solid meets Clannad and Angel Beats.

U~waii!! Can't Wait!!
Nah, sorry to say that the perfect pick would probably be Madhouse for this, not Key and Kyo-ani :P
Old 2010-07-15, 03:06   Link #1295
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
If they made a Visual Novel/stealth action game IT WOULD BE THE BEST THING OF ALL TIME.

Unless they decided to make Angel Beats into a 100+ episode long anime with sagas and everything.

<3
Yes on that anime. Unless they screwed it up and started making up filler.
Super Yes on that game, but I think Maeda's done with visual novels, period.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 07:15   Link #1296
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Nah, sorry to say that the perfect pick would probably be Madhouse for this, not Key and Kyo-ani :P
Seconded, definitely believe they're better than KyoAni.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 07:31   Link #1297
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Though its a relief that Maeda-sensei is not finished with Game and Anime-Music just yet, because he is still so very very good at jerking tears with but a piano, as shown with Angel Beats.
Old 2010-07-15, 08:47   Link #1298
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Seconded, definitely believe they're better than KyoAni.
Just to be clear I believe KyoAni is a great animation studio and I still think Clannad and Kanon are great works but I just don't see KyoAni going back to making a good action show (sniff fmp sniff)...
Old 2010-07-15, 09:34   Link #1299
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Just to be clear I believe KyoAni is a great animation studio and I still think Clannad and Kanon are great works but I just don't see KyoAni going back to making a good action show (sniff fmp sniff)...
Kanon, Air, Clannad (ONLY first season), FMP were good. After those, their quality dropped.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 09:36   Link #1300
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Kanon, Air, Clannad (ONLY first season), FMP were good. After those, their quality dropped.
Haruhi 1st season too, no?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
key