AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-28, 09:41   Link #17981
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Objection. She's more likely to be older than at least Mikoto, given that assuming Maika's lace cuffs indicates an advanced level, it's likely that someone of Maria's skills and supposedly same level as Maika would indicate she's 14~15.
Well, Seria's a year older than Touma. 14-15 would be plausible, but I suppose that she would be younger because Kihara Kagun was (somewhat) her teacher in primary school (3 years ago). 15 at most. And btw, remember that Mikoto's 14. (Should we actually be discussing about girls' ages here...? Maybe I'm just too innocent here...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I swear she was 16.

...No really, I was under the impression that she was a highschooler, I mean Seria should be 17-18 since she's Touma's sempai, so give or take 2-3 years difference.

And for the record, I wasn't swooning.
No way is she going to to be of the same age as Touma. 1 year younger, at most.

And for that last bit, I never said everyone was swooning, right? Hm...
Old 2012-03-28, 09:44   Link #17982
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
(Should we actually be discussing about girls' ages here...? Maybe I'm just too innocent here...)
There are a lot worse things we could be doing right now... I still got one last post to make for the remaining chapters of NT4...

Quote:
No way is she going to to be of the same age as Touma. 1 year younger, at most.
I can live with that.

Quote:
And for that last bit, I never said everyone was swooning, right? Hm...
Swooning is... Bad...
Old 2012-03-28, 09:51   Link #17983
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Well, Seria's a year older than Touma. 14-15 would be plausible, but I suppose that she would be younger because Kihara Kagun was (somewhat) her teacher in primary school (3 years ago). 15 at most. And btw, remember that Mikoto's 14.
It's never written that the elementary students Kagun protected were his students. Remember, "the lesson time for ordinary students overlapped each other, and there were a lot of students gathered outside the school", meaning that the students who were around the school at the time were most likely from different schools. Byouri probably said elementary because they were the main target of the attacker, not specificaly Kagun's students.

Quote:
(Should we actually be discussing about girls' ages here...? Maybe I'm just too innocent here...)
Yes, since knowledge is power.
Old 2012-03-28, 10:29   Link #17984
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It's never written that the elementary students Kagun protected were his students. Remember, "the lesson time for ordinary students overlapped each other, and there were a lot of students gathered outside the school", meaning that the students who were around the school at the time were most likely from different schools. Byouri probably said elementary because they were the main target of the attacker, not specificaly Kagun's students.

Yes, since knowledge is power.
In an education system (don't know how Index works though), the teachers who are assigned a certain group of students would normally handle students of the educational level they are assigned to. In other words, the attacker was aiming at elementary school kids, and Kagun wouldn't be dealing with the elementary school students if they weren't at the education level he is teaching. When you teach people, you need everyone on the same level at least. You can't have a mixed group of primary school students and college students and teach them complex numbers. Now, I don't know what kind of lesson it may be, but I don't think it's something that's going to be appropriate for all ages because everyone would have different mental abilities at different ages. It doesn't work that way. (Given the extremely advanced setting of Academy City, and how urban education works, I'm going to assume that this is the case. Of course, I can be wrong, but the reason why I put it as that is because Touma himself seemed to have the luck of getting most of his harem as younger than him--and he's a first year. The only ones who can be considered of the same age or older are Itsuwa, Kanzaki, Fukiyose and Seria)

Bottom line: I just want to highlight the chances of Touma becoming a lolicon.

As for that last statement, time to label me a MADAO, isn't it...
Old 2012-03-28, 10:39   Link #17985
tsunade666

Quote:
Is Touma not a lolicon yet

(>.> busy again with the start of ojt )
Old 2012-03-28, 11:29   Link #17986
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Didn't Lessar already point the change of taste of Touma... to lolicon.

Anyways I finally finish reading the volume, for the way that Ottinus phrase her "specimen" couldn't it be Gunha... I mean Olleruos (or however you spell it) point he is important and that academy city didn't value him enough, also he fits the descripcion and he is a macroscopic case anyways so probably tune it a bit more.
Old 2012-03-28, 11:59   Link #17987
whitecloud

gunha already undergone AC curriculum so it's not him...

Anyway the only way to defeat othinus that i can think of is to make idolization to god of fortune (greek fortuna, japan seven lucky gods, china cai shen) amplify your luck to max and just beat her since her skill is 50/50 which highly dependent on luck...
Old 2012-03-28, 15:58   Link #17988
Ashaman

Vol 19 reread - I'd forgotten how the bitter and ultimately pointless clash of protaganists tasted so delicious.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:12   Link #17989
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
gunha already undergone AC curriculum so it's not him...
They are Gemstones, so I wouldn't count on it. We still know little about them in that department.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:32   Link #17990
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
They are Gemstones, so I wouldn't count on it. We still know little about them in that department.
Aisa is taking the power curriculum, so that's not an argument.... It's likely that being a level 5 Gunha is taking some sort of special curriculum exclusive to him, different than simply going to school and planned by Academy City (didn't he hated the Kiharas or the Dark Side something?); so he has been "tainted" by Academy City.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:57   Link #17991
Phibrizzo
Honos628

You can pretty much be a Kihara test subject and not know anything about them or the darkside of AC.
Old 2012-03-28, 18:10   Link #17992
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

^true, they barely know they´re test subjects.
Old 2012-03-28, 18:20   Link #17993
tsunade666

Nope, they should be aware of it though they probably neglect it because they think it's safe. Remember the conversation of Mikoto and ... I forget the name of the scientist who tried to create a network to save the children in railgun.

From Mikoto's pov everything is alright and fine even though they should know it's dangerous but they didn't care much but from the scientist pov. They know the danger of the drugs implemented on the students to activate and cultivate the esper abilities and they knew students die from it and that's why the black garbage truck roams the city to pick up "trash" to dispose of it so no one will see it.

The students should be aware but they just treat it as it's alright.
Old 2012-03-28, 18:28   Link #17994
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

true, that why i said barely.
Old 2012-03-28, 18:46   Link #17995
Twi

I think she's going for Aleister...
Old 2012-03-28, 19:27   Link #17996
leukrota

Quote:
In an education system (don't know how Index works though), the teachers who are assigned a certain group of students would normally handle students of the educational level they are assigned to. In other words, the attacker was aiming at elementary school kids, and Kagun wouldn't be dealing with the elementary school students if they weren't at the education level he is teaching. When you teach people, you need everyone on the same level at least. You can't have a mixed group of primary school students and college students and teach them complex numbers. Now, I don't know what kind of lesson it may be, but I don't think it's something that's going to be appropriate for all ages because everyone would have different mental abilities at different ages. It doesn't work that way. (Given the extremely advanced setting of Academy City, and how urban education works, I'm going to assume that this is the case. Of course, I can be wrong, but the reason why I put it as that is because Touma himself seemed to have the luck of getting most of his harem as younger than him--and he's a first year. The only ones who can be considered of the same age or older are Itsuwa, Kanzaki, Fukiyose and Seria
It may be just an impression, but I can't picture the Student Keeper program to which Kagun belonged to being for elementary students... I mean, wouldn't those be more closely watched, perhaps herded between school and residency? Otherwise the kids missing class would be abnormally high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I think she's going for Aleister...
Dunno, forcibly turning Aleister into a holistic esper sounds against the plot build-up... My bet would be someone else he keeps around.
Old 2012-03-28, 19:39   Link #17997
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

full tuning?
Old 2012-03-28, 20:04   Link #17998
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quick question, who beat Sigyn? I am kinda confused in that regard (The Kouga or Kihara-chan?)
Old 2012-03-28, 20:09   Link #17999
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
In an education system (don't know how Index works though), the teachers who are assigned a certain group of students would normally handle students of the educational level they are assigned to. In other words, the attacker was aiming at elementary school kids, and Kagun wouldn't be dealing with the elementary school students if they weren't at the education level he is teaching. When you teach people, you need everyone on the same level at least. You can't have a mixed group of primary school students and college students and teach them complex numbers. Now, I don't know what kind of lesson it may be, but I don't think it's something that's going to be appropriate for all ages because everyone would have different mental abilities at different ages. It doesn't work that way. (Given the extremely advanced setting of Academy City, and how urban education works, I'm going to assume that this is the case. Of course, I can be wrong, but the reason why I put it as that is because Touma himself seemed to have the luck of getting most of his harem as younger than him--and he's a first year. The only ones who can be considered of the same age or older are Itsuwa, Kanzaki, Fukiyose and Seria)
You missed the point: Lesson times overlapping means that the various schools end at different times, and thus there is the possibility that elementary school kids whose classes were over were passing by Kagun's school when the attack attempted happened.

Quote:
You lolicon you.
Old 2012-03-28, 20:16   Link #18000
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Quick question, who beat Sigyn? I am kinda confused in that regard (The Kouga or Kihara-chan?)
You're not the only one confused.

Still, it couldn't have been Kihara as she would just have killed her without getting info form her... But I thought the Kouga had been exterminated save for Oumi... so... who knows?... Maybe the Kouga has techniques to fake death...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen