AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-07-27, 16:42   Link #21
Xagzan

I thought The Dark Knight Rises was supposed to be the one influenced by Returns? With Bruce coming back after being retired for some years?

Well, I really don't know a thing about the comics anyway
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 17:01   Link #22
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Rises is the last part of the The Dark Knight Trilogy: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises which have nothing to do with these past incarnations:

Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and that abomination Batman & Robin.

Mr. Freeze: "Alright everyone, chill!"

*projectile vomits on monitor*

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-07-27 at 17:11.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 17:39   Link #23
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I thought The Dark Knight Rises was supposed to be the one influenced by Returns? With Bruce coming back after being retired for some years?

Well, I really don't know a thing about the comics anyway
It's much closer to Knightfall than Dark Knight Returns
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 17:49   Link #24
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Mr. Freeze: "Alright everyone, chill!"

*projectile vomits on monitor*
As much as I hate Batman and Robin, I can’t help but smile and laugh at all its cheesiness, Bat-gadgets, over-the-top fight scenes, colourful settings, and Arnold spouting cheesy puns. It’s good entertainment I tell you . Hell, I would even go so far as saying the fight-choreography (except for some scenes which look obviously wired) in Batman & Robin is better than TDK movies coz we can actually see the super-agile Batman in this George Clooney version. It really is better compared to the bland and slow fight-choreography in TDK & TDKR (IIRC Clooney's Batman can even do a graceful somersault kick in his costumes. That's something Bale's Batman can only dream of). Nolan doesn’t know how to execute an awesome fist-fight/martial-arts (or how to choose a good fight-choreographer at least). That is one thing he can improve as a movie director with time and experience.
Old 2013-07-27, 18:12   Link #25
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Perhaps Nolan wanted to make his batman a more human rather than the peak human comic book version. Even the fight- and trainingscenes in Batman Begins didn't look that good and that movie probably had Bruce at his peak (out of the 3 movies) after his run with the League of Shadows
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 01:08   Link #26
HasuMasu
*Artist

I actually like the way Batman fights in the Nolan movies.
Old 2013-07-29, 14:56   Link #27
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I want to know who's gonna be Batman.

There's a couple actors that want it like Liam McIntyre (Spartacus) and that guy from teen wolf.

This is all rumor though.
Old 2013-07-30, 17:07   Link #28
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This thread is getting a little far afield of the actual discussion topic (the eventual Justice League catastrophe). Let's try and reorient the discussion back toward the actual end result and focus a little less on the interim features (Man 'o Steel 2, Flash and whatever else they may throw at us).
Why would people focus more on the much farther-off and rumored Justice League movie, when we know that a Man of Steel 2 (featuring Batman!) is coming soon? It's only natural that Superman/Batman is what DC comics fans would most want to focus on right now.
Old 2013-08-22, 22:33   Link #29
saya_leviathan

I don't know where I'm going to put this since there's no Superman/Batman movie thread yet.

We got a new Batman.

Quote:
Ben Affleck is Batman.

The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Batman-Superman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

Affleck becomes the eighth actor to play the Caped Crusader, following Bale, George Clooney and Michael Keaton.

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some,” WB president Greg Silverman said in a statement.

Directed by “Man of Steel” filmmaker Zack Snyder, the Batman-Superman feature will open worldwide on July 17, 2015, with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Diane Lane reprising their roles.

“Man of Steel,” released this past June, has earned over $650 million at the global box office.

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne,” Snyder said in a statement. “I can’t wait to work with him.”

The announcement of a Batman-Superman film was revealed last month at Comic-Con to much excitement of fanboys, who will surely be watching as the studio begins to assemble its Justice League.

The irony of Thursday’s news is that at one point Warner Bros. was interested in having Affleck direct the “Justice League” movie and his participation in this film will now spur interest if whether his casting means a possibility of directing that film.

The Boston native recently upped his Hollywood power when he won the Best Picture Oscar for “Argo.”

Affleck, repped by WME, can be seen next in Fox and New Regency’s thriller “Runner Runner.”
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 22:52   Link #30
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I... Have no words.

Ben better act like like his life depends on it. Seriously.
Old 2013-08-22, 23:13   Link #31
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?

No offense but were they smoking something?

I thought Affleck was doing directing with a little acting on the side....
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 23:31   Link #32
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Please tell me this is a joke

Please
Old 2013-08-22, 23:57   Link #33
HasuMasu
*Artist

I'm only really familiar with his name.

He looks old though.
Old 2013-08-23, 02:57   Link #34
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Since it's a knee-jerk reaction for most, I'm gonna wait for photos or a trailer before I make my final judgement.
I know there's one thing that Zack Snyder is consistent with and that's good casting.

There must have been something he saw in Ben that we don't see yet.
Old 2013-08-23, 03:01   Link #35
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Bat nipples all over again?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 03:14   Link #36
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Michael Keaton surprised us all those years ago. Though Batman movies are usually defined by the actor playing the villain.
Old 2013-08-23, 03:28   Link #37
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

What the hell, next thing you're gonna tell me Jim Carrey is going to play the Riddler or that Arnold is Mr Freeze.
Old 2013-08-23, 03:30   Link #38
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Micheal Keaton's performance was surprising yeah, but it isn't like this is Affleck's first superhero casting. I guess everyone's forgotten about Daredevil?

I loved him in Good Will Hunting, Sum of all Fears and The Town (along with Jeremy Renner), though. I'm just not sure how Affleck's going to handle being Batman, considering Daredevil.

EDIT: Forgot Changing Lanes. He was pretty good in that one, along with Samuel L Jackson.
Old 2013-08-23, 05:12   Link #39
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I see nothing wrong with this.
Unless pictures or trailers are out, we will have to withhold judgement for now.
Old 2013-08-23, 05:41   Link #40
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Someone brought up Chris Evans as an example of an actor who fits a second superhero role better than the first one, and that was an interesting thought. Ben Affleck sucked at being Daredevil, but who knows? Maybe he might just surprise us as Batman, just like how Evans surprised people when he took on the role of Captain America.

Or maybe they just don't like them apples.