AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-02, 03:43   Link #41
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
That's a good question... There were some parts of those screenshots that didn't seem familiar to me. So I re-read the manga... And yeah, I can't even find a single one of those shots, exactly. And
Spoiler for Possible "anime original" content? ._.:

The Japanese text on that page seems to just be describing some of the events in chapter 1, like a typical plot description.

To add to that, Keita seems to be wearing a School Uniform even though he doesn't in Manga and suppose to be in college. This actually makes him look younger than he is in the Manga.

Still, I'm looking foward to show, and I hope it will keep to the Manga overall, the screens certainly look quite nice.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-11-04 at 16:20.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 02:31   Link #42
CodeKyuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
To add to that, Keita seems to be wearing a School Uniform even through he doesn't in Manga and suppose to be in college. This actually makes him look younger than he is in the Manga.

Still, I'm looking foward to show, and I hope it will keep to the Manga overall, the screens certainly look quite nice.
I was thinking the SAME thoughts as I looked through the screencaps on the site. I hope the same thing, and also hope that the anime invokes the same feelings as I had in the manga (KILL THAT NEGATIVE!) :P Hopefully the anime doesn't get slaughtered by going on a different direction and not succeeding.
CodeKyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 18:02   Link #43
kyouray
2D > 3D

Info from Otaku News Notes : a promo video is available on niconico.
Old 2008-11-08, 19:25   Link #44
myopius

Wow, thanks for the heads up. My impressions:

Spoiler for If you haven't watched it yet, I wouldn't want to influence your impression:
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 06:00   Link #45
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Wow, thanks for the heads up. My impressions:

Spoiler for If you haven't watched it yet, I wouldn't want to influence your impression:
Not going with the Keita route being in High-schools, too repitive man they should not gone that route anyway! I still a good worth to watch anyway!
Old 2008-11-16, 18:05   Link #46
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Site's been updated with a new character.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 06:23   Link #47
einhorn303

Wouldn't it make more sense for the thread title to be "Black God" instead of "Kurokami?" I mean, we already have the official English title from the manga release. Putting it in a foreign language just makes it more confusing and harder to search for.

I just got vol 4 of the manga this weekend...for some reason Kuro really hits all of my moe points. I think it's the poor, homeless, scrounging for food thing...there's nothing cuter than that. And I believe "Kuro" is a common dog's name in Japanese. The fact that she wears a collar and Keita treats her like she does...ww. There's a real perverted fanservicey dynamic there.

Well, let's hope the animated version doesn't screw things up.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 21:01   Link #48
iceyfw

oh? its been a while since i last checked any new info on this. i am liking how they're changing some ideas around. this can be either bad or awesome depending on how they deal with these changes.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 21:22   Link #49
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
It's an interesting move on Sunrise's part. I really am looking forward to this, but it looks like it won't be that much like the manga.
QBnoYouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 23:32   Link #50
ZODDGUTS

I fear they have turn this into something generic. I have an even more fear if they ever adapt UnbalanceXUnbalance into an anime and end up making the main character into a pussy, wears glasses and is afraid to admit he's feelings.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 14:27   Link #51
evangelic04

can somebody explain to me how this isn't a DIRECT knock-off of Shakugan no Shana?
evangelic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 15:20   Link #52
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelic04 View Post
can somebody explain to me how this isn't a DIRECT knock-off of Shakugan no Shana?
Uh...the characters are completely different, for one?
Old 2008-12-12, 15:40   Link #53
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Uh...the characters are completely different, for one?
That's an interesting point actually. I wonder if the changes are to make it more like Shakugan no Shana and other shows like it (for marketing purposes or something). Go with what's worked before, and all that.

Last edited by Clarste; 2008-12-12 at 17:47.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 16:16   Link #54
Westlo
Lets be reality

Aside from this being nothing like SnS when exactly did the premise for Shakugan no Shana become something that was considered original?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 08:34   Link #55
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

About volume 3 onward, it's quite a great read. Just hope they won't butcher this one with this adaption.
Funny how he doesn't consider anyone with less than C-cup a woman, surround him are all A-cup XD. The manga is quite brutal on fighting part, though. Seriously, sometimes I found it's frustrating to see they way those bad guys beating the girl like that.
Old 2008-12-14, 16:16   Link #56
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
This might be old news, but have you heard that they will turn the protagonist into a high school student ?!?!? Here is the "not-so-reliable" source.

Despite, commercial tricks, this along with maria to holic are the shows I anticipate the most.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 19:13   Link #57
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Wow...

That's... all I can say.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 19:15   Link #58
ershin

^um sorry if this is a stupid question but does that^ mean this series is already licensed?
ershin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 19:22   Link #59
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by ershin View Post
^um sorry if this is a stupid question but does that^ mean this series is already licensed?
Oh yeah!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...kurokami-anime

And it's ready to have an English dub!

Of course now the question is there any online options out there? I mean, not many people do get iaTV.
Old 2008-12-14, 19:27   Link #60
einhorn303

Great news, I was actually really looking forward to this show since I'm a fan of the comic already.

It's not the world's first ever simultaneous broadcast (that'd be Druaga, Strike Witches, Blassreiter, etc)

Though it is the world's first ever simultaneous TV broadcast, and first simultaneous dubbed broadcast.

I hope they also have it on something like CrunchyRoll, Hulu, etc, some sort of legal online service, pay or not. I don't think my dorm gets this mysterious "iATV."

Tags
action, fantasy, seinen, sunrise