AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-28, 13:03   Link #1
Zimok

Why even hide?

Why do these ninja even try hiding when everyone can "sense" you just like in DBZ??
Zimok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 13:17   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimok
Why do these ninja even try hiding when everyone can "sense" you just like in DBZ??
Because they cannot "sense" everyone?
If person A's skill level of hiding is better than person B's skill of "sensing" then A won't be found unless he is supposed to plot wise (works vice versa, too)

Example:

When the Sand Ninja invaded Konoha they did not get noticed by the ANBU.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 16:02   Link #3
FireBorn

Uh - what's more likely is that the other Ninja can hear them..?
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 16:49   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Aren't ninja's suppose to be stealth killers rather than fight out in the open? In Naruto alot of the fighting is won through subterfuge and stealthy tactics rather than simple power. And more experienced ninja's should be able to judge from their surroundings if something is amiss or not.
Besides if you add the whole chakra thing into the equation, then it isn't unlikely that more powerfull shinobi can sense big chakra's (kinda like feeling heat when you approach it)
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 16:58   Link #5
EbonySeraphim
Phat Poster/Thread Killer

Send a message via AIM to EbonySeraphim
I think this is one of the flawed aspects of the series(later parts). In general, they do sense each other but only if they are giving off some sort of aura. Normally in fighting anime, this is done though elements like shouki, jyaki, or saki - intent to kill, demonic aura, blah blah. A stealthy ninja can hide such feelings and he wouldn't be detected if he isn't directly seen. Someone who isn't as stealthy would let this aura/feeling leak out and someone would know they are at least there even if they aren't seen. I guess you can think of it as a rule - do not directly think something like "I wanna kill that guy NOW!!!!" while you hide behind the bush, or else the person would know you're there quite obviously. Other aspects of hiding do include sound, movement of air, and miniscule changes in the environment detected by the normal senses. They had a bit of this element seen in water country when Haku got in range of Kakashi without him knowing, Gaara got close to Sasuke before the Chuunin exam started without him knowing, and Kakashi picking up on the two ninja's in the pool of water during the water country arc. This element is probably how upper level ninja's can see through clones of lower level ninjas. They lack some of the aura's that a normal person would give off and even if the clone looks perfect, it feels empty. They really have toned down on this aspect of the show though and some other interesting elements of anime fights.

Oh yeah - to answer the question more simply. Why hide? If you can hide both your appearance and your aura, then you won't be detected. But for someone like Naruto, who can't hide his aura if it were needed to save his life, might as well yell as he sneaks up on an enemy.
Old 2004-12-28, 18:55   Link #6
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:

The entire "Sensing" thing is basically observations of their surroundings and logic with intuition. Best examples for this are from the survival training they did. Sasuke said he doesn't sense Kakashi anywhere even though Kakashi was just standing behind a tree.

Furthermore, when they all take off right at the beginning... Kakashi says they hav ALL hidden themselves well... only to turn and be proved wrong by Naruto.. who was just standing there.

This "sensing" is no where near perfect.... and it can be wrong.

Another great example is Orochimaru disguising himself as Kazekage... not even Sandaime could "sense" his deception, nor his attack when he first took the kunai to Sandaime's throat.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 20:09   Link #7
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Well ... they rarely hide in the first place. That's probably due to the fact they are in fact brawlers, not ninjas. I'm not quite sure why they are called ninjas in the manga. Well, they sometimes hide, but it rarely matters, in the end, it usually comes down to using the biggest jutsu and punching as hard as possible.
Quote:
In Naruto alot of the fighting is won through subterfuge and stealthy tactics rather than simple power.
Huh? As far as I can remember, most fights in Naruto were won due to power, at the very least, most of the important ones. There are exceptions (Sasuke & Naruto vs Zabuza, the Shikamaru fights), but they are few and far in between.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 20:09   Link #8
Anthriel
天使

Double post. Please delete.

Last edited by Anthriel; 2004-12-30 at 07:08.
Old 2004-12-29, 01:30   Link #9
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Most of the main characters in the show are kids, they really aren't pros at being a ninja to begin with.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 02:17   Link #10
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

Quote:

Kakashi couldn't sense Zaubza during his fight on the bridge.... Kakashi didn't 'sense' Haku observing the fight. ... Sasuke didnt 'sense' Gaara hanging upside down the tree when he met the sand trio... im pretty sure there's more i just cant remember. Anyways, it's not that just anyone can sense people. It seems only elite or strong nins can sense other ninjas when they are hidden really well, like Kakashi, Itachi, etc. Hell, the only time i saw nins 'sensing' other nins were before attacks or some sign of danger. I think that has to do with the sakki or spelling, thirst for blood. That tension that there was between Kakashi and Zabuza and the feeling Orochimaru gave Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi. Also, the amount of chakra that is released. Something like that. Ninjas are not Goku that can sesnse everybody in the universe just by putting two fingers on their forehead.
ooh-zoo-mah-kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 07:48   Link #11
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
Well ... they rarely hide in the first place. That's probably due to the fact they are in fact brawlers, not ninjas. I'm not quite sure why they are called ninjas in the manga. Well, they sometimes hide, but it rarely matters, in the end, it usually comes down to using the biggest jutsu and punching as hard as possible.
Huh? As far as I can remember, most fights in Naruto were won due to power, at the very least, most of the important ones. There are exceptions (Sasuke & Naruto vs Zabuza, the Shikamaru fights), but they are few and far in between.

Yeah.... Naruto beat Neji because of pure strength.. and not fooling him with the kage bunshin... then tunnelling to punch him when he wasn't aware.... just like shino won both times because he out powered his opponents... and not because he used nifty tactics to get his bugs to the enemy...
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 08:11   Link #12
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayess
Yeah.... Naruto beat Neji because of pure strength.. and not fooling him with the kage bunshin... then tunnelling to punch him when he wasn't aware.... just like shino won both times because he out powered his opponents... and not because he used nifty tactics to get his bugs to the enemy...
Naruto beat Neji because of his Kyuubi-powered straight charge. There is no strategy or sneakiness involved in that at all.
After that charge, Neji didn't even have enough Chakra to activate his Byakugan, if he would have, he would have seen Naruto. At that point, the fight was already over. Naruto probably could have beat Neji by blowing hard at him.
While it is true that Shino's fights involve trickiness, they don't involve sneakiness. He never really hides, most of the time, his opponents know perfectly well where he is located, they just don't know where is bugs are located. Besides ... his fights are not important anyway.

The fact remains: Important Fights in Naruto are not won by sneakiness or trickiness, they are won by sheer power.
Don't get me wrong, I wish they would be won by trickiness and sneakiness, but they are not. The latest arc is the perfect example.

Last edited by Anthriel; 2004-12-29 at 08:42.
Old 2004-12-29, 09:27   Link #13
callowmallow
Freshman Member

Send a message via AIM to callowmallow
Quote:
to remind the audience how badass the enemy is, haha
callowmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 22:14   Link #14
unwill

I miss those multiplie-bunshin fights when Kakashi fought Zabusa the firsst time.

And most of the fights is just about power

Well, remember, these are young genins. Hopefully the Jounin fights will be better.

Kakashi VS Kabuto at hospital was not about power (but very short).

Kurenai VS "Sharky" used genjutsus.

Kakashi VS Itachi
unwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 22:50   Link #15
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwill
I miss those multiplie-bunshin fights when Kakashi fought Zabusa the firsst time.

And most of the fights is just about power

Well, remember, these are young genins. Hopefully the Jounin fights will be better.

Kakashi VS Kabuto at hospital was not about power (but very short).

Kurenai VS "Sharky" used genjutsus.

Kakashi VS Itachi
Except power can also be seen as having a high level jutsu, with Itachi using a genjutsu that has you stuck in practically a dream world for what is perceived as days of constant torture. Kurenai and Itachi using genjutsu wouldn't exactly be considered sneaky.

Also, is it so hard to remember the name Kisame.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote