AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-04, 02:29   Link #3121
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
I personally felt that she only gained knowledge of it all recently. That is, when Grace started talking about using Ranka parts.
Yeah, i can agree with that.
Old 2011-11-04, 02:56   Link #3122
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Kawamori also worked in Eureka Seven, so Wilder's stunt was quite a tip of the hat.
Yeah, I remember that.

@Shiroth: I love your icon! That picture of Minmei is so beautiful!
Old 2011-11-04, 04:14   Link #3123
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Music:
I really love Niji-iro Kuma Kuma, the entire proformance is stuck in my head, I know like Kindan no Elixir more than I did when I listened to it on the ost. Also Sayoanara no Tsubasa that song.. that sequence... my body wasn't ready. I only mourn the fact that we never got to see Sheryl sing Diamond Crevasse Thank You Frontier in the movie.
It's there in the background, though, isn't it? Or was that the regular version?

Anyway, you bring up something that I kinda didn't want to say back in March, when quite a number of people were expressing disappointment in the soundtrack...I think you rally have to SEE the movie in order to truly appreciate the soundtrack.

To me, "Universal Bunny" was a better music album, but "The end of triangle" is a better soundtrack...and it really only comes alive when you've got the visuals to go with it, even if you're just remembering them in your head.
Old 2011-11-04, 06:30   Link #3124
j0wjow
Jack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
but "The end of triangle" is a better soundtrack...and it really only comes alive when you've got the visuals to go with it, even if you're just remembering them in your head.
Best.Music.Video.Ever runs through my head
Old 2011-11-04, 09:03   Link #3125
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The soundtrack really didn't do anything for me, this time around. Again, maybe I'm just weird that way...

Old 2011-11-04, 09:14   Link #3126
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
The soundtrack really didn't do anything for me, this time around. Again, maybe I'm just weird that way...
Have you listened to it since watching the movie?
Old 2011-11-04, 09:59   Link #3127
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I wouldn't call it unlikely. Only say this because Sheryl didn't seem surprised at all at the turn of events after Grace was captured.
Nor did she attempt to deny anything. The guilt she was feeling was palpable. Not totally explanatory mind, but... Well she never tried to deny anything, not even to Alto and Ranka, and she did seem to expect it. Still, it is hard to say how much she knew. I don't think she knew all the details, but she might have had some idea of what was going to happen. Maybe, I'd have to watch it again for this.

I personally very much loved the soundtrack, even before I saw the movie. Not as well as Universal Bunny mind, but I did very much enjoy it, and I still love The Wings of Goodbye ridiculously much. I had the soundtrack since it came out, but I only saw the movie last week. I just tried to imagine how the scenes would look. And well, Universal Bunny I still don't consider much of a soundtrack given half the songs aren't even IN the movie. I always just considered Universal Bunny to be one of Sheryl's actual albums.

I admit my inclination toward Universal Bunny may involve the fact that Sheryl/May'n sings throughout the entire thing.
Old 2011-11-04, 10:10   Link #3128
Zenithlea

Seems like quite a few people think Brera didn't make much of an impact. Well, I was kinda sad he died. In fact I sort of wondered, what the heck he stuck around waiting for the weird crazy pod trio to explode after he stabbed through it rather than blasting out of there.

The only deaths I actually cheered were all those jerks who got shot by Brera in the Battle Frontier command center. (as in Mishima and Prez Glass)
In the series, I felt bad for Glass after Mishima had him killed, but in the movie when I saw his dead corpse head I merely shrugged with a "Meh."

I think my only disappointment would probably have to be lack of any kiss scene. (I do believe I had myself saying "damn" quite a few times when I realized the lack.)
Old 2011-11-04, 10:49   Link #3129
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Have you listened to it since watching the movie?
Yes, I did. Still not feeling it. Only "Diamond Crevasse ~ Thank You, Frontier" saves it, for me... Maybe I need to watch the movie again, to get a better feel for the music.

Old 2011-11-04, 11:04   Link #3130
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenithlea View Post
Seems like quite a few people think Brera didn't make much of an impact. Well, I was kinda sad he died. In fact I sort of wondered, what the heck he stuck around waiting for the weird crazy pod trio to explode after he stabbed through it rather than blasting out of there.

The only deaths I actually cheered were all those jerks who got shot by Brera in the Battle Frontier command center. (as in Mishima and Prez Glass)
In the series, I felt bad for Glass after Mishima had him killed, but in the movie when I saw his dead corpse head I merely shrugged with a "Meh."
Leon getting a bullet to the head was satisfying. Glass, yeah, he was even more of a puppet fool this time around than he was in the series. I was only sad to see Battle Frontier's Bridge Bunny get killed.

Quote:
I think my only disappointment would probably have to be lack of any kiss scene. (I do believe I had myself saying "damn" quite a few times when I realized the lack.)
You noticed that, too!
Old 2011-11-04, 11:13   Link #3131
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
You noticed that, too!
Funnily enough, so did I.
But I was already prepared for there not being one with the main leads, so the lack of any schmoozing was less heavily felt.

Old 2011-11-04, 11:17   Link #3132
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
You noticed that, too!
I thought it was more important in the movie to have Princess & Strawberry social/conversing moments than to have Strawberry eating Princess then bitch about how Princess couldn't get it right.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-11-04, 11:55   Link #3133
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I thought it was more important in the movie to have Princess & Strawberry social/conversing moments than to have Strawberry eating Princess then bitch about how Princess couldn't get it right.

- Tak
But that made all the scenes have complexity and depth instead of shallow gossip material like how Strawberry knows a thing or two about shmoozing~
Old 2011-11-04, 12:40   Link #3134
Tak

Quote:
But that made all the scenes have complexity and depth instead of shallow gossip material like how Strawberry knows a thing or two about shmoozing~
We have the shmoozing covered in the TV series and the novel. I wanted more conversation and social interaction between the two. Thats what builds relationships, after all.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-11-04, 12:57   Link #3135
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Well, some of us want "closure" in our conversation and social interaction (looks at CLANNAD as another example of non-closure).
Old 2011-11-04, 13:17   Link #3136
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
(looks at CLANNAD as another example of non-closure).
Dood, they had a kid... how much of a closure do you want after that?

Nagisa: I... I WAS HAVING SEX WITH TOMOYA-KUN!

- Tak

Old 2011-11-04, 15:05   Link #3137
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Regarding the "The end of triangle" soundtrack release, i have a huge track record of falling in love with a Yoko Kanno piece from one of her works, and it doesn't appear on the soundtrack. Yes, it's happened again . It's the piece that's played during the flashback showing Alto and Sheryl's meeting. It's a different version to Prologue F from the second TV series.

Damn you Yoko Kanno.
Old 2011-11-04, 15:39   Link #3138
Lancel

Quote:
Regarding the "The end of triangle" soundtrack release, i have a huge track record of falling in love with a Yoko Kanno piece from one of her works, and it doesn't appear on the soundtrack. Yes, it's happened again . It's the piece that's played during the flashback showing Alto and Sheryl's meeting. It's a different version to Prologue F from the second TV series.

Damn you Yoko Kanno.
You, too, huh? I've noticed she has a strange tendency to do that to us.
Old 2011-11-04, 16:38   Link #3139
magnuskn

Quote:
It's the piece that's played during the flashback showing Alto and Sheryl's meeting. It's a different version to Prologue F from the second TV series.
Otherwise known as "Sheryl and Altos music".
Old 2011-11-04, 17:33   Link #3140
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Otherwise known as "Sheryl and Altos music".
Kanno would probably go with something a little bit more romantic, though i've got nothing against your title.

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song