AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-09-21, 10:55   Link #41
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
Wait...where does "Vivio" come out of all that?
Olivie...

Vivio...

Well...

I'd say Vivio's memories were a little swiss cheesed when she first woke up... Maybe the people closest to her called her "Vi", but she knew that there was an "O" in her name, so she just went "ViViO."

*Scratches chin* Actually, when she first introduced herself, she went "Vi Vi O."

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 10:58   Link #42
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
Wait...where does "Vivio" come out of all that?
Vivio is a clone of Sankt Kaiser Olivie. How Vivio came out of that, I have no clue. Probably like Nanya said, her memories were a little messed up when she woke and she added a V and an O to her name. Actually... did Vivio even know back then that she was a clone of the Sankt Kaiser? She didn't seem to know until later.
Old 2009-09-21, 11:03   Link #43
Tormenk

A closet nickname that survived through her cloned memories perhaps? Whereby only those closest to the Kaiser were privy to it.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 11:03   Link #44
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Wow, and how do genetic clones inherit the memories of their originals if I may ask?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 11:05   Link #45
Tormenk

The 'how' I do not know, but didn't Fate carry over Alicia's memories as well?

Old 2009-09-21, 11:09   Link #46
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Wow, and how do genetic clones inherit the memories of their originals if I may ask?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
The 'how' I do not know, but didn't Fate carry over Alicia's memories as well?
I thought that Vivio was brought to life through Project F like Erio and Fate were.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 11:28   Link #47
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
... magic?
prescience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 12:01   Link #48
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescience View Post
... magic?
Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we have a winner!

Well, it seems to be that there is a technique for replicating memories: Jail can do it, Precia can do it, hell, I wouldn't faceflip if the Kaiser's retainers could do it too.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 12:15   Link #49
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Yeah, Precia's research was actually based on Jail's earlier work, so Vivio was probably cloned using the same tech as Fate and Erio. Not sure if it's canonically stated anywhere, but it would make sense.
Old 2009-09-21, 12:21   Link #50
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
The answers to these questions and more are buried deep in the darkest recesses of Quantum Mechanics, where an electron making a left turn in the sidewalk in Albequerqui, New Mexico spontaniously causes a supernova half way across the visible universe.

"Magic? Fool, this is Quantum Mechanics! The most intimidating subject known to man! "
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 12:25   Link #51
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Oh dear... I just had a mental image of Richard Feynman doing an impression of Leonidas...

*head asplodes*
Old 2009-09-21, 12:36   Link #52
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescience View Post
Yeah, Precia's research was actually based on Jail's earlier work, so Vivio was probably cloned using the same tech as Fate and Erio. Not sure if it's canonically stated anywhere, but it would make sense.
But they didn't have any memories of the original Kaiser when they cloned her. All they took was a DNA sample that took Due to go in and seduce the dirty old guy. But then again... A hot nun making eyes at me? I'd give in faster than Fate in Sonic Form in need of a toilet.

I once watched this show(can't remember the title now), where memories were subtly woven into every DNA strain as a person grows. Load of bull, in my opinion. Aeon Flux had something like this too.

Of course, there's always the option of fabricated memories, but don't hold my word on that.
Old 2009-09-21, 12:47   Link #53
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Of course, there's always the option of fabricated memories, but don't hold my word on that.
I think taking you to task for linking Vivio with Weapon X is light enough a slap on the wrist?

And hold on a minute; who said Vivio had memories of being the Kaiser conveniently copy-pasta'd over in the first place? Either I'm missing something somewhere, or...
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 12:51   Link #54
Tormenk

Just a possibility. Erio noted her abilities were beyond that of any child for her age and linked her as a product of artificial mage projects. Vivio herself had some inkling about it as noted on the Cradle showdown.

Though the breaking point is that she was copied off dried blood on a piece of centuries old cloth..

Old 2009-09-21, 14:23   Link #55
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
<.< shroud? Heh, cute then

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 16:12   Link #56
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Well...I guess Vivio was confused after all...

Hmm...now that everyone brought up basically the history of our dear Sankt Kaiser, when was she cloned? I wonder if it was explained in the manga.

Quote:
But they didn't have any memories of the original Kaiser when they cloned her. All they took was a DNA sample that took Due to go in and seduce the dirty old guy. But then again... A hot nun making eyes at me? I'd give in faster than Fate in Sonic Form in need of a toilet.
If I was drinking something when I read the last part, I would've spat the whole thing out due to laughter.
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 16:14   Link #57
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
What else do you think would happen if you spiked Fate's drink with Ex Lax?

<_<

*Moves bottle with part of label saying "-Lax" out of webcam view...*

Not that I would know from experience... mind you.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 20:58   Link #58
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

ATC raised a good point. A few years back, I read a journal article about how a certain mathematical formula drawing on quantum mechanics could recreate the memories and consciousness of a person from anywhere in time and space, just that it needed tremendous computing power and intimate knowledge of the variables involved.

Maybe the scientists of Project F have worked that formula out, and I believe they have the muscle to make it happen. All they need then is the DNA to make the body, and then download whatever the program has simulated into her.

However, as with all cases of "ghost-dubbing", memories are usually disjointed from the person, as in, the "proprioceptive" information attached to the memories are missing, hence why the person with the memories may see himself/herself in them, but not feel that it is her. This could account for the lack of attachment we see across the board from Fate to Erio to Vivio.

(Fate's a unique psychological case where she convinced herself that even when the memories said "Alicia" it was refering to herself. Once that myth was dispelled however, she appears more detached, along with the other examples of Project F we know)

This is just theory-crafting. For the facts, it's best to ask Aozaki Tohko who headed Project F.
Old 2009-09-21, 21:23   Link #59
Lord Pertinax
Word Bearers Kommandant

No idea when num 5 will came out?

"For each hero's song thousands die alone, unsung and unremembered." Anonymous.
Lord Pertinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 21:24   Link #60
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
I'm not sure vivio is as advanced ghost dubbing wise as fate was. did she escape early? Hmmm

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vivid