Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-25, 17:19   Link #1681
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
So are you guys in love with Teemo, or do you really, really hate him?
(only those two options exist, obviously)
I'm more on the side of wanting to grind his cute little face into powder.
(SHROOOOOOMS!!)
Old 2011-12-25, 17:54   Link #1682
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I just see him as another champion, on the aggro support side. Unfortunately, most people will either try to burst with him or right click to win, for both of which there are better champions, thus inducing the rage of many summoners.
I really used to like him, until Vayne. Now she's one of my favourites and Teemo's just been cast into oblivion. Didn't see any Teemos this week in dominion, actually, which is rare, considering his map control.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 20:41   Link #1683
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I HATE him period , though I use to really really really really HATE him at first; somewhat less now having learned to deal with him.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 20:57   Link #1684
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I hate a good Teemo on the enemy team. They made me feel like every freaking step I make, there is a mushroom under my feet.

The good Teemo on my team gives me a fog of war cheat.
Old 2011-12-29, 05:44   Link #1685
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Viktor: 396k dmg in 30'. Nuff said.
Old 2011-12-29, 12:35   Link #1686
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Viktor: 396k dmg in 30'. Nuff said.
396000? umm what?

Edit: First game against Viktor... brb.
EditReply: Oh I just realized. I read 396k in 30 seconds while it was suppose to be 396k damage in a game of match.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2011-12-29 at 17:33.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 13:15   Link #1687
Kafriel
Senior Guest

IKR!? A certain Malza screamed OP the second I picked Viktor, I was like, he's balanced, 5 items...but his death ray has a long range and deceptive angle, power transfer's got a good ratio, his ult is AoE with decent duration, and gravity field makes R easy to land. Still dunno how I dealt THAT much, gonna play him more tomorrow.

EDIT: Apparently power transfer registers the shield dmg to his total damage, kinda explains why my next match had 437k dmg and barely 150k from phys+mag dmg.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-12-29 at 16:24.
Old 2011-12-29, 20:51   Link #1688
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
A friend of mine just introduced me to this game. Only two matches played using that Fox Girl Ahri. Any suggestions on how to play with her?
Old 2011-12-30, 00:12   Link #1689
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
A friend of mine just introduced me to this game. Only two matches played using that Fox Girl Ahri. Any suggestions on how to play with her?
If you're new to LoL, I do not recommend starting with Ahri as she is heavily based on landing skillshots for her burst combo. Well, most AP mages in general actually, as they have low survivability and the biggest problem facing most new players is staying alive as they need to devote attention to learning the game as well.

If you really, really want to train with Ahri though, some beginner tips first.

1) Unlock your camera view so that it does not stay locked onto your Champion. Awareness plays a huge role in LoL, and if you pigeonhole your perspective, you will get blindsided a lot.

2) Change your keybindings so that you smartcast your spells. This will greatly speed up your ability to chain spells, and it is far better to adapt to smartcasting NOW, rather then later when you need to break the habit of point and click.

What smartcasting does is that when you use a spell, it will automatically cast at where your mouse cursor is.

~~~~ ~~~~

Ahri's main source of damage is from her Q, and you will need to learn how to control its direction (especially on its return path, it always heads towards you). Her E is a CC and is used to bind a target for your spell barrage. W is a spammable nuke when close to a target, and R does double duty either as a skill for chasing or running away.

Level up Q -> E -> W -> Q -> Q -> R for your first six levels, then max Q, then max W, with E maxed last. Level R at Level-6, Level-11 and Level-16.

Your Q hurts the most, so you really need to learn how to land it properly. If you cannot land your Q, your damage burst will be horrible as her AP ratios for her other skills are abysmal (and W has a damage cap...).

~~~~ ~~~~

Items wise, as you need to be close to your targets frequently in order to unleash your spell bursts, you will need some survivability. In the beginning of the game, you will be mainly poking the enemy with your Q from a safe distance, and I recommend getting a Doran's ring for the added health and the mana regeneration. Your passive will help with your sustain by leeching health every fourth spell or so (if you get your three hits per cast).

Remember, Ahri is about being a playful vixen. You run in to cast Q at their faces, then quickly turn tail and run away as the ball reverses and slams into their backs for True Damage. Hit and run, her spells strongly reflect this philosophy. If you want to bang your face onto the enemy's face, Ahri is decidedly NOT the Champion for you.

Upon your first return, you will want to get your basic boots, then start building up to a Catalyst. The Catalyst serves as an excellent tool for sustain as it gives you HP/Mana regeneration each time you level up, and buffers your HP and Mana pools.

If you are doing well and earning gold, rush for a Rod of Ages. If you are not and getting hammered, build up a Philosopher's Stone first.

What you get next from thereon depends on how well you are doing. Items that increase your survivability, or items that increase your damage output.

Your first core item would be Rod of Ages, followed by Rylai's Scepter. You will want the Ionian Boots for the Cooldown Reduction(CDR), and if you ever get enough gold, a Shurelian's Reverie as well (built up from the Philosopher's Stone). That is a total of -30% CDR. The other -10% will eventually come from your Masteries and Runes as you level up your Summoner.

Runes-wise, Flat Magic Peneration for the Red Marks, Flat Health for your Yellow Seals, enough CDR/Level Glyphs for -6% with the rest of your Blue Glyphs being Flat Ability Power, and Flat Ability Power for your Quints (or Flat Health if you want more survivability at the start of the game).

Masteries wise, I am running a full 21/0/9 which you can only get at maxed Summoner level.

~~~~ ~~~~

Whenever possible, cast E at a target of opportunity to force them to wander in your direction, then cast Q and W. Especially deadly when you are near your own Tower or with teammates.

Remember to use E to save your teammates as well! As it forces them to disengage and stagger towards you in a trance.

Don't be afraid to use R to escape. It has a very low cooldown. Losing mana is better than losing your life.

Cheers.
Old 2011-12-30, 00:41   Link #1690
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Beginner tip: Using Annie.
Old 2011-12-30, 02:28   Link #1691
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Actually I wouldn't recommend smartcast for new players. Knowing your champ's range on auto attacks and your skills is more important than being able to chain cast your skills.

Positioning is EVERYTHING in the Moba genre, which knowing a character's ranges is a very big part of, and its much harder to learn positioning than it is chain casting. My brother and I easily got used to full on smartcast within a day, while it took us FOREVER to get a feel on ranges and such (lvl 1 to lvl 30 isn't enough).

As for champions, try these champs this week to get a feel on what kind of role you like playing.

Annie - "AP caster": uses primarily skills to kill enemies. Get items like Rod of Ages and Rabadon's Deathcap unde the 'magic' section of the store

Miss Fortune - "AD carry": uses primarily auto attacks (right clicking on enemies) to kill them. Uses items under the 'attack section of the shop, like Bloodthirster and Phantom Dancer to improve their auto attacks. (Infinity Edge is the alternative to Bloodthirster, but I feel Miss Fortune uses Bloodthirster better)

Cho Gath - "Tank": it's your job to take damage and 'peel' the enemy away from your teams AP casters/AD carries. Primarily uses defense items. Normally you would tailor your build according to the enemy team, but for new players learning Cho Gath, I guess Philosopher's Stone (upgrade it later) --> Frozen Heart + Wit's End is a good starting point.

My biggest advice for new players? Buy boots of speed as your first or second item (you can upgrade it to better boots later on). Again, positioning is EVERYTHING in LoL, and movement speed helps you get out of a bad position, or get you to a good position faster than you otherwise would have.

Second, summoner spells. Lvl 1 summoners should get Ghost + Heal, while using their lone mastery point to get improve Heal. Heal isn't the noob trap it used to be, and having more time in lane (which heal helps you) on new players means more time learning. Ghost is there so that it helps you position better. A lot of new players forget to use them, but as long as you keep them in mind and try to use them every game, you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Third, learn to last hit enemy minions so you can get gold easily. It takes about 17 minion kills (abbreviated often as CS) to equal 1 enemy champion kill, and its easier to kill 17 minions than it is to kill 1 enemy champion. And by last hit, I literally mean do NOT damage enemy minions in any way until you can kill them in one hit. You'll learn why later why this is a good thing for the first 15 mins or so of the game.

Apart from those, have fun!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 02:31   Link #1692
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Hit and run, her spells strongly reflect this philosophy. If you want to bang your face onto the enemy's face, Ahri is decidedly NOT the Champion for you.
Just saying, if there are 2 or 3 enemy champions at very low HP just running around and juking your team, you can flash+R to unleash fox fire, the homing should pick up a kill, and you'll have 2 skillshots and another 2 dashes for the remaining two. Very aggressive and not Ahri's style, but works.
About Ahri's items, I find Rylai's to be a must have; fox fire applies a triple single target slow, making sure that nobody will be able to chase you, even with dashes, since you can charm their face, run away and activate W to do the rest.
Quote:
Beginner tip: Using Annie.
I second this tip Also, since you're a beginner, try a few AI matches first unless you've had previous experience with MOBA.
Old 2011-12-30, 09:25   Link #1693
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

@Skane

Thanks for the helpful tips. The reason I picked Ahri is because I like range / hit and run characters. So far, I have only used her recommended items which include many of the items you have named.

Usually buy Basic Boots > Sorcerer's Boots but, it seems the Ionian Boots are better plus -50G. Everything else has been noted, thanks again!

@DragoonKain

Yes, I have only played a few matches and I’m having some trouble positioning Ahri just in the right range for her attacks. Practice is everything!

For the moment I’ll stick with Ahri so I can get used to the game itself before I try diferent playstyles! Those champions has been noted down for future reference as well, thanks!

Also, I must ask, what does AP and AD stand for?

Regarding Summoner’s Spells, for the past few matches I have been using Teleport and Surge for faster movement around the map and some extra power. Since I plan to use Ahri for the time being, should I use these or change them?

Everything else has been noted down, as well. I’ll try some AI matches for the time being.

Last edited by johnishida; 2011-12-30 at 09:48.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 09:40   Link #1694
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

That was a loooooooooong game. They got baron thrice and lost the team fight every time which in return got us a tower or two.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 09:49   Link #1695
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Note that once the current free champion rotation ends you won't be able to play Ahri for a long time unless you buy her with 6300 ingame currency, which is a lot for a beginner, or real money. So unless you want to spend some hard cash I wouldn't try to get used to her too much.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 10:05   Link #1696
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Also, I must ask, what does AP and AD stand for?
AP = Ability power, AD = attack damage. All characters have an AP scaling of 0, with the sole exception of Viktor. AD increase per level varies, highest being Cho'gath's 135 AD at LV18.
After the rotation, if you want a champion like Ahri, check out Lux, Morgana and Sona if they appear...technically they are support champions, but can change style based on the needs of the team.
Old 2011-12-30, 10:52   Link #1697
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Note that once the current free champion rotation ends you won't be able to play Ahri for a long time unless you buy her with 6300 ingame currency, which is a lot for a beginner, or real money. So unless you want to spend some hard cash I wouldn't try to get used to her too much.
Yes, I noticed this while reading the LoL HP. Once she's gone I just may buy her. So far, I really like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
AP = Ability power, AD = attack damage. All characters have an AP scaling of 0, with the sole exception of Viktor. AD increase per level varies, highest being Cho'gath's 135 AD at LV18.
After the rotation, if you want a champion like Ahri, check out Lux, Morgana and Sona if they appear...technically they are support champions, but can change style based on the needs of the team.
Thanks for the explanation!
Taking note of those champions, just in case!
Old 2011-12-30, 14:53   Link #1698
Kafriel
Senior Guest

http://imageshack.us/f/688/bughb.png
So, any ideas as to what's causing this?
Old 2011-12-30, 15:22   Link #1699
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

It's obviously a bug with Victor.
Might be, his DOT does never stop on dead minions, or something like that. Riot bugs work in mysterious ways.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 17:40   Link #1700
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Sona will always be support. If you want a more versatile champion you might want to take a look at Janna.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol