AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2012-11-27, 13:32   Link #441
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Yes, it does. Because it matters to them.
Old 2012-12-01, 21:47   Link #442
1337_haxor

Cool Well...

Spoiler for The End...:
1337_haxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 22:15   Link #443
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It's a surprising happy ending. But then you remember that this ends under the old, pre-Madoka system. It's still as happy as the situation allows though but it does make you wonder, if this even can work out post-Homura. I mean, it all begins with the original Kazumi dying after all...
Old 2012-12-01, 22:52   Link #444
1337_haxor

Cool Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It's a surprising happy ending. But then you remember that this ends under the old, pre-Madoka system. It's still as happy as the situation allows though but it does make you wonder, if this even can work out post-Homura. I mean, it all begins with the original Kazumi dying after all...
Maybe it's not so much about changing the laws of the universe instead of knowing how to make a happy life out of your current exhistence.

The witch system does allow for a proper happy and long life, it's just that the vast majority of Puella Magi screw up due to to overtly imbalanced wishes they can't bear the burden of.

Kazumi only wished to be human, she is only interested in accomplishing a normal and enjoyable life so the brutal causality of the universe has no dellusional dreams to crush and turn into despair.

The message of the series would be that to achieve happiness in the most difficult of settings, one needs to find the love of herself before considering the love for others. In other words, do what makes you happy intead of expecting happiness to come from helping the fortune of others.
Old 2012-12-01, 23:16   Link #445
Jimmy C

Well, come April 15, 2011, that life ends.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 23:38   Link #446
Diveman

well that's cool, I'm actually happy for the girls who made it, they went through so much stuff so they deserve it.

But I can't think of this as a 100% happy ending, more like a bittersweet one. Yes, they did it, but Nico, Saki, Mirai, False Nico and big boobed girl died in the process.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 23:42   Link #447
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I don't think anyone other than Madoka herself is concerned with changing the world. Even for Homura, she would be happy as long as one life (Madoka's) is saved.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 23:49   Link #448
Witched

So... Wait... What?

A happy ending?

So if it was Post-Madoka, then Kanna Hijiri would find out about demons, go rage-mode over them (though to a lesser extent since Kazumi hadn't been created), so fuse the demons all together..

This is confusing..
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 23:59   Link #449
Diveman

This is obviously pre-madoka, if it wasn't they would be fighting demons instead. Oh well, at least Gen wants to continue the Madoka series after the movies so we might know where does this actually take place.
Old 2012-12-02, 00:01   Link #450
Witched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
This is obviously pre-madoka, if it wasn't they would be fighting demons instead. Oh well, at least Gen wants to continue the Madoka series after the movies so we might know where does this actually take place.
I know, but that's a what if situation.. Once it's Post-Madoka. o3o
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 03:53   Link #451
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

You know, this ending is highly fitting.

Being human is exactly what Kazumi wished for. That's pretty much the one wish the karmic flow of the universe wouldn't fuck over. Oh my god.
Old 2012-12-02, 05:53   Link #452
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
You know, this ending is highly fitting.

Being human is exactly what Kazumi wished for. That's pretty much the one wish the karmic flow of the universe wouldn't fuck over. Oh my god.
Actually, I think that the Incubators might start taking the results of these experiments, and work on reviving Witches and Fallen Puella Magis from the dead to make up for Production Shortfalls.

Kazumi is the first of her kind: An artificial Puella Magi, and a Resurrected Puella Magi from a Witch. This is a glorious breakthrough for the Incubators.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 07:41   Link #453
1337_haxor

Cool Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
actually, i think that the incubators might start taking the results of these experiments, and work on reviving witches and fallen puella magis from the dead to make up for production shortfalls.

Kazumi is the first of her kind: An artificial puella magi, and a resurrected puella magi from a witch. This is a glorious breakthrough for the incubators.
Old 2012-12-02, 07:50   Link #454
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Actually, I think that the Incubators might start taking the results of these experiments, and work on reviving Witches and Fallen Puella Magis from the dead to make up for Production Shortfalls.

Kazumi is the first of her kind: An artificial Puella Magi, and a Resurrected Puella Magi from a Witch. This is a glorious breakthrough for the Incubators.
but will this all matter once Madoka makes her wish? This really sounds promising for incubators, as an unlimited source of energy though.
Old 2012-12-02, 12:33   Link #455
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

It does matter; remember from the perspective of the universe, things keep going in the original universe until Madoka modifies it. It's not a linear progression where the world stops existing that day; Madoka also has to extend to the far, far future to collect Puella Magi souls before she rewrites the cosmos.
Old 2012-12-02, 14:28   Link #456
GDB

But Madoka quote modify it, so how can it matter in the long run? And it's not even that things change "that day", as you can see at the end of the anime where even the past is changed. It's not like the universe needed this to happen in order to continue, so what relevance does it have?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 15:02   Link #457
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Because Kazumi are her friends are the protagonists of the story, so it matters to them. It's relevant because they are people and what they go through matters. That's why Kyubey's callous disregard of human suffering is so monstrous.

Once you start disregarding the struggles of the Pleiades because it doesn't matter on a cosmic scale, you become Kyubey.

A sociopath.
Old 2012-12-02, 15:49   Link #458
GDB

It's not even on a cosmic scale. It's on the story's scale. Once Madoka does her thing, this story doesn't happen. And whether this story happens or not does not in any way affect Madoka's story, so you can't even say that everything Homura did was meaningless as a counter argument.

And please, let's not start acting like fictional characters are real, and that disregarding them makes one a sociopath.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:43   Link #459
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

I'm just saying that disregarding the story's merits on the basis that it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of the fictional universe they exist in is wrong. They're our protagonists, so we need to measure the worth of their accomplishments in their own context. Their story will 'exist' within their own timeline. Madoka's ascension doesn't really effect them, temporally. And even when Madoka does overwrite their universe, she'll probably uplift Kazumi to her Magical Girl Valhalla, so that's still +1 soul reaped.
Old 2012-12-13, 06:52   Link #460
shanazumi01

I notice the changed of Kaori's magica form.I thought it look like a white catsuit with hood but now it looks more like a robe
shanazumi01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, spin-off