AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-24, 13:00   Link #21
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Yes, but it's even scarier to think he can afford all these games... after all, he has already captured 10.000+ heroines.
I'm not sure how many heroines are in a game in average but if you divide that amount by 10 girls each game it's still around 1k games.

And since his PFP already once broke in the first episode, it's safe to say that he has several PFPs with him.
Apparently Austin Powers earns pretty well, so that his son can not only buy 1k+ games, but also several handhelds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Spoiler for manga spoiler reply:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-24, 17:37   Link #22
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Apparently Austin Powers earns pretty well, so that his son can not only buy 1k+ games, but also several handhelds

Spoiler:
Spoiler for reply for spoiler:

But all these are only speculations. I don't recall the anime or even manga mention how Keima can buy all these games.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
Old 2010-10-24, 18:27   Link #23
Fandal

Minor spoiler but has anyone noticed that
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-24, 18:49   Link #24
Kaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Spoiler for reply for spoiler:

But all these are only speculations. I don't recall the anime or even manga mention how Keima can buy all these games.

Spoiler for Spoiler on Keima's Rep:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-24, 23:23   Link #25
pampz21
ShipCore

Let me teach you something good!
Ch.30 page 4! is the answer to all your doubts!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-10-25, 00:29   Link #26
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I think we have discussed too much on manga materials of Keima so far. Hope everyone can restraint to do so...
Old 2010-10-27, 01:26   Link #27
Dr. Casey

Keima's more than a little hypocritical and she's a bit pompous at times, but I like her anyway.
Old 2010-10-27, 02:56   Link #28
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Keima's more than a little hypocritical and she's a bit pompous at times, but I like her anyway.
She?

Anyways, what's so hypocritical about him? The fact that he doesn't want anything to do with the 3D world?
Well, he still has to function in it of course, that can't help that

Or is it the blushing and mingling with these girls that you're talking about?
Well thankfully he's not some unfeeling robot, so getting used to the company of young ladies like this will make him uncomfortable.
Old 2010-10-27, 03:08   Link #29
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Despite being a god and having the ability to make any girls wet, he sure has trouble figuring out how girls feel about him. I mean in this current arc he is literally trying to piss girls off intentionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Spoiler:
It's not like he wants to have friends anyways.

Last edited by omimon; 2010-10-27 at 03:50.
Old 2010-10-27, 04:45   Link #30
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Despite being a god and having the ability to make any girls wet, he sure has trouble figuring out how girls feel about him. I mean in this current arc he is literally trying to piss girls off intentionally.

In fact, if his head is not on the line, then he will not bother to react with the "real" anyway...

It's a real surprise that he still can hold a normal conversation before he met Elsie
Old 2010-10-27, 09:24   Link #31
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
And if I remember correctly, Maijima High used to be a girls only school so the chances are even less for him to interact with males.
I hope I'm not mixing the girls only fact up with another anime though. lol
Old 2010-10-27, 11:10   Link #32
Clarste
Human

No, you're not. The anime omitted that description, though it's not really important in the end. I think Keima just doesn't enjoy talking to people.
Old 2010-10-27, 12:03   Link #33
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Despite being a god and having the ability to make any girls wet, he sure has trouble figuring out how girls feel about him.
Of course he has trouble to understand real girls - his "Capturing God" abilities refer exclusively to *2D* girls! Until Elsie came, he didn't have any contact with real girls whatsoever.
When he's to capture real girls, he applies his 2D girl abilities to them, which can go wrong badly - like when he was attacked by Mio's driver that one time
Old 2010-10-27, 15:31   Link #34
pampz21
ShipCore

Let me tell you guys something good!
Read Ch. 94

Spoiler for Something Good:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-10-27, 16:05   Link #35
Seihai
スマイリウム

Well, I doubt non manga readers will look up a chapter just for that, especially that far into the story. And manga readers get the point without your mention.

Anyway, episode 4 gave a good insight on Keima's being, though I would have personally preferred the adapation of the chapter right after Mio's capture, nonetheless this was nice.
Old 2010-10-28, 09:44   Link #36
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Of course he has trouble to understand real girls - his "Capturing God" abilities refer exclusively to *2D* girls! Until Elsie came, he didn't have any contact with real girls whatsoever.
When he's to capture real girls, he applies his 2D girl abilities to them, which can go wrong badly - like when he was attacked by Mio's driver that one time
He had trouble understanding anyone in the real world. Just like his recent capture attempt with Akari, people don't react the way Keima expects them to react. He can't save and reload in the real world, and if there's a bad flag or a "route" sealed off, he has to run with it. People don't respond the way Keima wants them to. It'd be fine if Keima knows that there would be a happy ending for him to see, but it's too difficult for him to predict most of the time. Thus, he writes the real world as a bad game and doesn't even bother.

However, with the contract on his neck, he had to apply his 2D knowledge to a 3D world, and it still worked most of the time. When it didn't work the way Keima wanted it to, he adapted accordingly and didn't give up. He's doing a lot better in the real world than he ever expected to before.
Old 2010-10-28, 16:32   Link #37
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
He had trouble understanding anyone in the real world. Just like his recent capture attempt with Akari, people don't react the way Keima expects them to react. He can't save and reload in the real world, and if there's a bad flag or a "route" sealed off, he has to run with it. People don't respond the way Keima wants them to. It'd be fine if Keima knows that there would be a happy ending for him to see, but it's too difficult for him to predict most of the time. Thus, he writes the real world as a bad game and doesn't even bother.
Well with playing the capturing game, he will eventually come to understand that nothing goes the way he wants it to, or like how the girls react in the games that he plays. Like in Episode 4 where he said that the Heroines are not bad, but the games are, like you said here Shadow5YA. But since hes forced to play this "bad game" or else get his head chopped off.

Quote:
However, with the contract on his neck, he had to apply his 2D knowledge to a 3D world, and it still worked most of the time. When it didn't work the way Keima wanted it to, he adapted accordingly and didn't give up. He's doing a lot better in the real world than he ever expected to before.
Just getting that feeling that his knowledge in the 2D world will eventually not work on 1 girl in the 3D world... Just a feeling.
Old 2010-10-29, 19:58   Link #38
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well with playing the capturing game, he will eventually come to understand that nothing goes the way he wants it to, or like how the girls react in the games that he plays. Like in Episode 4 where he said that the Heroines are not bad, but the games are, like you said here Shadow5YA. But since hes forced to play this "bad game" or else get his head chopped off.

Just getting that feeling that his knowledge in the 2D world will eventually not work on 1 girl in the 3D world... Just a feeling.
Well it's possible. But Keima's an intelligent guy himself. So for example when he confessed to Mio and it turned out unlike what he expected, he immediately can pick up something wrong with the way Mio react, rather than doubt his ability...

In another words, he is born to be a womanizer.... But simply not interested in 3D world where he can apply and refine his gifted ability
Old 2010-10-29, 21:51   Link #39
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Well it's possible. But Keima's an intelligent guy himself. So for example when he confessed to Mio and it turned out unlike what he expected, he immediately can pick up something wrong with the way Mio react, rather than doubt his ability...

In another words, he is born to be a womanizer.... But simply not interested in 3D world where he can apply and refine his gifted ability
Was it explained why he eventually turned to the 2D world yet? I think that his abilities as a womanizer instantly failed the first time he tried the 3D world, which lead him to the 2D world of game heroines. But this is a positive thing in a way, he wasnt exactly born as a womanizer (he does have the appearance though ) but he gets his ideas generally from the 2D world, which he played so much, theres bound to be so many hints to "capture" the heroines for the almighty Capturing God

Sorry if this was already discussed...
Old 2010-10-30, 03:29   Link #40
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Was it explained why he eventually turned to the 2D world yet? I think that his abilities as a womanizer instantly failed the first time he tried the 3D world, which lead him to the 2D world of game heroines. But this is a positive thing in a way, he wasnt exactly born as a womanizer (he does have the appearance though ) but he gets his ideas generally from the 2D world, which he played so much, theres bound to be so many hints to "capture" the heroines for the almighty Capturing God

Sorry if this was already discussed...
Actually I believed he was born a gamer and was disinterested in the real world since the beginning. Like you said, it might be a good thing since if he was interested in real girls AND he was the gamer that he is, he would certainly end up being like Makoto. <--Womanizer among womanizer among womanizer
Closed Thread

Tags
characters