Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-02-14, 05:22   Link #16521
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
It'd be nice if they released the HG 1/144 versions with designer's colors and markings Somehow I find the 00 HG kit much, much better than the 1/100 No Grades. Even with the stickers. I like the size. Does not take much space.
Yeah,I'm in agreement there personally,the HGs at this point are pretty good than a long time ago,although some may still not like it due to the size,but its really the articulation of some of the 1/00 that bothers me,I was really frustated with my 1/100 Exia and Astraea with their legs.

Especially if your comparing AD HG and S2 AD 1/100,which does not even have torso movement.I think they did it so that they can have Raiser on 00,but I still wondered on why they had to do it for Cherudim and Arios.Its probably for uniformity purposes but I dont think that's a good reason.
Old 2010-02-14, 05:27   Link #16522
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Somehow Nebula reminds me of a giant lobster. But Vent is pretty nice. I like its old red color scheme more, though. If I were to choose, I'd go for the Seven Sword as the only main character suit I have is the 1/100 NG and it's broken
True,it does look like it...if im not mistaken the pilot have a crush on Goud Veia,the Vent pilot.That why Nebula was colored red. Well the red Saviour are very rare in my town,its quite famous around here. Err...you broke a 1/100 00,that rare,i only broke 1/100 Freedom & MG Zeta plus...
Old 2010-02-14, 08:47   Link #16523
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektar View Post
honestly i didnt like the idea of a show having more then one or two gundams. Gundams in my opinion should be rare ms's with out standing combat ability. I also dont like the pretty boy pilots. I wish they made a gundam anime about veteran pilots who earned their skill through combat.
agreed!!!!
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 10:59   Link #16524
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
honestly i didnt like the idea of a show having more then one or two gundams. Gundams in my opinion should be rare MS's with out standing combat ability. I also dont like the pretty boy pilots. I wish they made a gundam anime about veteran pilots who earned their skill through combat.
Opinions differ, vektar.

If the era is when Gundams are the prevalent fighting machines, then your case would not stand.

And Gundams might be easily mass-produced too, due to abundance in resources and manpower. Who the heck in war doesn't want to produce the best and effective machines when they can do it? (Unless commanders opt for quantity over quality)

But I agree, Gundams should be used only by ace pilots. Though I would like to argue that Gundams can also NOT be particularly "rare", but rather produced in limited numbers for skilled pilots.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 11:22   Link #16525
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Opinions differ, vektar.

But I agree, Gundams should be used only by ace pilots. Though I would like to argue that Gundams can also NOT be particularly "rare", but rather produced in limited numbers for skilled pilots.
That would be a good too, being not rare but only made for the ace's who have out standing skillz.
Old 2010-02-14, 11:26   Link #16526
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
honestly i didnt like the idea of a show having more then one or two gundams. Gundams in my opinion should be rare MS's with out standing combat ability. I also dont like the pretty boy pilots. I wish they made a gundam anime about veteran pilots who earned their skill through combat.
Still,Gundam is just a name;and while it represents strength,it also serves as an important symbolism.Well liked by the side side who use it while well hated by the side who againts it.[Of course,context differs with series]

But as I've mentioned,its just a name like any brand out there.You can have a very powerful suit but have its name not be Gundam,even if the technological basis is similar.[IE,some of the suits in Anno Domini]

But in the end,its a name.If a military wanted too;they can name a mass production line Gundam if they wanted to.There's nothing stopping them from doing so since its just a name.In the end,Gundam is just a brand like Toyota or Honda.
Old 2010-02-14, 11:42   Link #16527
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

To me Gundam is like an extremelly expensive and high quality sportscar, like Bugatti Veryon or something :]

I wonder if there is a chance for the Master Grade ReZel. It's just too nice a MS to miss as for the UC Unicorn
Old 2010-02-14, 12:50   Link #16528
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
agreed!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Opinions differ, vektar.

If the era is when Gundams are the prevalent fighting machines, then your case would not stand.

And Gundams might be easily mass-produced too, due to abundance in resources and manpower. Who the heck in war doesn't want to produce the best and effective machines when they can do it? (Unless commanders opt for quantity over quality)

Quote:
That would be a good too, being not rare but only made for the ace's who have out standing skillz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Still,Gundam is just a name;and while it represents strength,it also serves as an important symbolism.Well liked by the side side who use it while well hated by the side who againts it.[Of course,context differs with series]

But as I've mentioned,its just a name like any brand out there.You can have a very powerful suit but have its name not be Gundam,even if the technological basis is similar.[IE,some of the suits in Anno Domini]

But in the end,its a name.If a military wanted too;they can name a mass production line Gundam if they wanted to.There's nothing stopping them from doing so since its just a name.In the end,Gundam is just a brand like Toyota or Honda.
Guys? Not the thread for this particular discussion.
Old 2010-02-14, 14:18   Link #16529
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Err...you broke a 1/100 00,that rare,i only broke 1/100 Freedom & MG Zeta plus...
To be honest, that was an Exia It still hurts, though as it was a gift from my friend. Good that another gift from the person - the Golf Frame Amatu sis not share the same fate.

1/100 Freedom HG? Man, I somehow discarded my poor HG 1/100 Destiny and same grade Sword Impulse just because I got MG versions. I gotta learn treat my inferior kits better the way I treat all my Busters, Dynames' and Cherudims
Old 2010-02-14, 14:47   Link #16530
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
never a good idea to toss out kits you never know if youll be able to fix or want it again at a later date. Its best to just store it someplace and forget about it till the time comes when you need it
Old 2010-02-14, 15:56   Link #16531
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

True. That's why I intend to take only TWO kits when I go to my new flat. A MG sword Impulse a HG wsord Impulse. Both of which have a color scheme that'd fit the interior With so few kits in the house, I will hardly be able to throw anything out now :P
Old 2010-02-14, 19:55   Link #16532
RAVNEN

Quote:
To be honest, that was an Exia It still hurts, though as it was a gift from my friend. Good that another gift from the person - the Golf Frame Amatu sis not share the same fate.

1/100 Freedom HG? Man, I somehow discarded my poor HG 1/100 Destiny and same grade Sword Impulse just because I got MG versions. I gotta learn treat my inferior kits better the way I treat all my Busters, Dynames' and Cherudims
Oh i see,well i do broke Exia GN blade hold on the side skirt,so now my Exia is free to move its leg without difficulty. Well my old Freedom lose his wing completely,now i put a Impulse side skirt on it & the Freedom look like a plain Gundam without beam spam feature.

I really like HG 1/100 Destiny (i even pose it with the Gail Strike),but i heard rumors the MG EBM Destiny has some problem of part easily falling of it.
Old 2010-02-15, 03:39   Link #16533
helois

i'm in a crossroads:

- MG Sword Impulse and MG Infinite Justice (Seed and red colors )

- MG FAZZ sentinel and MG Hi-v (UC and more points with Gundam Fans )

?
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 07:42   Link #16534
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Infinite Justice and Hi-Nu definitely :]
Old 2010-02-15, 08:46   Link #16535
Sworra

Quote:
True. That's why I intend to take only TWO kits when I go to my new flat. A MG sword Impulse a HG wsord Impulse. Both of which have a color scheme that'd fit the interior With so few kits in the house, I will hardly be able to throw anything out now :P
Dearka. You will find that your new place or your flat will be bare and you will end up buying more Gundam's, MS, etc. lol. I give you 2 months before you crack and buy another. lol
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 08:48   Link #16536
Un1ver5e

Send a message via MSN to Un1ver5e
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
I really like HG 1/100 Destiny (i even pose it with the Gail Strike),but i heard rumors the MG EBM Destiny has some problem of part easily falling of it.
I haven't heard anything about the WOL parts, but the leg joints of the MG Destiny are crap imo. You can only extend the legs either to their fullest or close together. Anything in between and they flop.

Quote:
Infinite Justice and Hi-Nu definitely :]
Second that.
Un1ver5e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 11:28   Link #16537
RAVNEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un1ver5e View Post
I haven't heard anything about the WOL parts, but the leg joints of the MG Destiny are crap imo. You can only extend the legs either to their fullest or close together. Anything in between and they flop.
Yes i have seen Prime92 review & saw the leg joints problem. The joints are also extremely stiff too. At least the MG EBM Destiny are better than MG Strike Freedom

@Helois

Infinite Justice & Hi-Nu. IF has really awesome, cool weapon & HI- NU has lot of detail. You can see some review at YouTube,it maybe help you decide which one is best to buy.
Old 2010-02-15, 13:00   Link #16538
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

By the way,when do HG Trans-Am 3.5 Generation Gundams of the Anno Domini come out?[IE:All CB S2 Gundams except 00]

Or are they out already?Because I've seen the box for a long time but I haven't actually seen the kits,at least they have not arrived at my store yet,which would be weird if they're already out.
Old 2010-02-15, 13:04   Link #16539
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
By the way,when do HG Trans-Am 3.5 Generation Gundams of the Anno Domini come out?[IE:All CB S2 Gundams except 00]

Or are they out already?Because I've seen the box for a long time but I haven't actually seen the kits,at least they have not arrived at my store yet,which would be weird if they're already out.
They've been out since this past December.
Old 2010-02-16, 03:02   Link #16540
Sworra

Anyone know the exact release date on the MG Red Frame?

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy