Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-12, 23:29   Link #341
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Wow... Just wow... -face palms-

Protection or motherly love... So she wants a momma's boy as a lover?

Might as well put Jil in a rubber room so he can't hurt himself. I mean it's in his best interests right?

I've never had a girlfriend who would do what Kaaya did. Hell I don't even know any girlfriends or wives who would act like her selfishly. Not if they were worth a damn in their relationships. And I've known a few who've served in the Army and Navy.... -shakes his head-

Lol, I'm surprise you take thing so literally. An indication of expression was what I'm trying to say. They are common feelings females tend to exhibit when wanting to protect something.

I'm starting to sense a pattern somehow I believe my words are not reaching simply because you're not trying to understand or refuse to understand from another perspective. Might I add you're trying to generallise everything? Not everyone moves the same way you think they will. Just because you never had a girlfriend acting the way kaaya does doesn’t mean people don’t act that way and also kaaya is kaaya, using another person you know as an anecdote is illogical because it can never represent kaaya mentality you’re simple pushing your idea of a perfect girlfriend on to others.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 02:25   Link #342
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
It isn't betrayal it is protecting the one she likes, if all action involving one party disregarding their partner and selfishly acting in accordance with their will are considered betrayal even with good intention than the world is in chaos. (of course everything here are hypothetical until I know kaaya reason)
It is still without a doubt a betrayal.

It needn't be repeated for the upteenth time, but Kaaya had no trust nor faith in Jil's ability to understand or do what would come after the defeat of Druaga. She didn't tell him what would be ahead or what would happen, she just backstabbed him to go with a jerk that Jil and his party no doubt despise.

If she cared about him and everyone else that much, she should of told the party what was up.
Voitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 02:28   Link #343
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Well I'm back... XD as for the shipping? IMO it has reached the Macross Frontier lvl now. Where it was Ranka vs Sheryl, it's now Fatina vs Kaaya and it's only been 1 ep *sigh*. Too bad I am not on the same side as my fellow Sherylettes but that is all I'll say on the pairing...

The person with the purple hair that was eating with those 3 sisters... is it a guy or girl?
Old 2009-01-13, 02:33   Link #344
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina Ismail View Post
The person with the purple hair that was eating with those 3 sisters... is it a guy or girl?
If you're talking about Henaro (not sure if that's the official spelling), I can't really tell just looking. But she seems to be female, being voiced by Hanazawa Kana who's never voiced a male character to my knowledge.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 03:13   Link #345
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
It is still without a doubt a betrayal.

It needn't be repeated for the upteenth time, but Kaaya had no trust nor faith in Jil's ability to understand or do what would come after the defeat of Druaga. She didn't tell him what would be ahead or what would happen, she just backstabbed him to go with a jerk that Jil and his party no doubt despise.

If she cared about him and everyone else that much, she should of told the party what was up.
"neighbourhood thread stalker at your service, Lol I should be more active in other thread so whats new these day".

The gray area of betrayal lies within the intent of the user, for malice reason it would be sufficient enough to call it betrayal but the word is too literally to be used for dishonesty... so someone seeking death is hinder or saved with a lie would that be consider an act of betrayal. Surely enough in any circumstance saving someone life is more important, even through a lie. Rather looking at the events from Jil's view, the intention is also important rather than the act itself.

I can with confidence disagree on this matter, It is rather doubtful Kaaya had zero trust/faith in Jil may be less trust/faith because clearly she left Jil full of regrets. The emotional attachment of being remorseful wouldn't exist if she didn't have some confidence in Jil, maybe Neeba had the better success rate. Playing with odds as they are with the consequence of death isn't something people would with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina Ismail View Post
Well I'm back... XD as for the shipping? IMO it has reached the Macross Frontier lvl now. Where it was Ranka vs Sheryl, it's now Fatina vs Kaaya and it's only been 1 ep *sigh*. Too bad I am not on the same side as my fellow Sherylettes but that is all I'll say on the pairing...

I haven't seen macross but I’m not feeling see the huge shipping war. lol, am I guilty myself from a numerical point of view it's not that large comparatively.
Old 2009-01-13, 05:38   Link #346
Wargumm1i
Hentai

It seems that so called "Druaga" which Jil defeated, was only a guardian to the second part, so the either real Druaga is at the very very top of the tower.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 06:25   Link #347
Zekori

Ten bucks says its Gilgamesh, he's cursed after all and killed Drauga before. Wouldn't surprise me with his personality loop considering from Ki's speech. Doubt Gilgamesh would die however, bet he gets cleansed if you go with that theory.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 09:59   Link #348
NaweG
Just some guy

Could a moderator please create a "Romance" thread for this series? This is beginning to look an awful lot like the shipping wars over at Macross Frontier, and I was hoping to not have another series to follow that I'd have to read through so many posts that just argue about who will end up with whom, and why whom defending whom is wrong, and why whom should know that defending whom who was talking about whom...

Enough already
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 10:25   Link #349
NoLongerSane

Just wondering when Coopa and Melt are going to make their appearance in this season. It nice that Utu will probably join the team for the second climb, but who can beat Coopa's inhuman strength and personality.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 10:32   Link #350
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

question

why sword of uruk???

i mean does jil did a small job change a became somthing like a Nuker or som sorts???
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 11:32   Link #351
Zekori

In Aegis the theme of Jil besides wanting to become a hero (and redeem his father) was his resolution protect his comrades with his shield.

Who knows what Jil will go through in the second season, but I assume he'll be doing a lot more stabby stabby, or move towards a resolution to protect others by taking a more offensive role.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 11:33   Link #352
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I've heard that the title was changed because Aegis is some sort of armor for protection, and Jil was going to be a protector last season (and we all know where that got him)

I think sword is supposed to mean he's now going to be an agressive person and fight his way into the tower... or something like that

and though I really don't want to get involved in the shipping wars, now that I think about it, what Kaaya did to Jil is something classic in anime- betray the one you like/love and keep secrets from them so that they supposedly don't get hurt by further dangers... obviously, she thought he wasn't ready to face what is probably further ahead, and was trying to protect him out of love or something. And if you've seen enough anime, you know thgis is something that's been around forever

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 14:14   Link #353
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Sword of Uruk because Jil will get it (maybe not )
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 14:38   Link #354
Voitan

Quote:
"neighbourhood thread stalker at your service, Lol I should be more active in other thread so whats new these day".
You should probably explain this before any further discussion is laid out, because that looks like a swipe at my character, or are you jokingly referring to yourself in this case?
Voitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 15:32   Link #355
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
In Aegis the theme of Jil besides wanting to become a hero (and redeem his father) was his resolution protect his comrades with his shield.

Who knows what Jil will go through in the second season, but I assume he'll be doing a lot more stabby stabby, or move towards a resolution to protect others by taking a more offensive role.
I think they're two opposite themes. The shield connotes a desire to protect, while the sword is a killing weapon.

I wonder if this season is more about the idea of slaying something... or someone. I imagine Jil might have to make an important choice later on.

As for Gilgamesh, I also wonder if defeating Druaga means that you replace him, thus keeping up a cycle that ensures there's always a master for the tower forever.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 17:27   Link #356
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
You should probably explain this before any further discussion is laid out, because that looks like a swipe at my character, or are you jokingly referring to yourself in this case?
Lol?
I will need to at least have some knowledge about you or your history to make such a claim, of course I could just run a search but im not that kind of person that would intimidate others. It is a reference to myself
Old 2009-01-13, 20:18   Link #357
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Spoiler for Episode 01 - Fansub:
Old 2009-01-13, 20:21   Link #358
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:

The gray area of betrayal lies within the intent of the user, for malice reason it would be sufficient enough to call it betrayal but the word is too literally to be used for dishonesty... so someone seeking death is hinder or saved with a lie would that be consider an act of betrayal. Surely enough in any circumstance saving someone life is more important, even through a lie. Rather looking at the events from Jil's view, the intention is also important rather than the act itself.
You're sugar-coating everything. I'm not surprised. You can call it a 'gray area of betrayal', but it's still a betrayal, a very bad one at that. Reality cannot be sugar-coated.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 22:51   Link #359
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i see this season might takle more on the affensive side of jil
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 23:06   Link #360
FateAnomaly

He killed Druaga and gained 1m exp and reached lv20. So he is going to get a promotion and change class.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg