AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-08-16, 07:49   Link #1001
ZeKeR
Superbad

hmm... anyone know a good civilian vehicle that can double as an APC? the hummvee is good... but can only take a few people with it
Old 2010-08-16, 08:11   Link #1002
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That thing chews through precious shotgun ammo. No way I would want to carry an automatic shotgun that chews through ammo like that.

Semi-automatic weapons are built to force the user to think before he/she shoots, or prevent the person from going through an entire clip in a moment of panic.

If it is a rifle, I would take a SCAR-H along with its SCAR-L receiver.
I hhope you don't suffer the same fate as the guy with the shotgun on highschool of. The dead,having to reload a shotgun to many times while attracting more zombies

Fast firing, little recoil and still powerful, its only wasting ammo when u don't know how to use it
Old 2010-08-16, 08:14   Link #1003
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I hhope you don't suffer the same fate as the guy with the shotgun on highschool of. The dead,having to reload a shotgun to many times while attracting more zombies

Fast firing, little recoil and still powerful, its only wasting ammo when u don't know how to use it
Have you ever used a semi-automatic shotgun before? Like an M1014?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 08:14   Link #1004
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:

The bloke in HotD was using an under and over and fumbled on the reload, Saintess is talking about a semi-automatic only weapon like a Browning A-5 or Benelli M4 where the user can only get one round fired for each squeeze of the trigger.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 08:22   Link #1005
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
The bloke in HotD was using an under and over and fumbled on the reload, Saintess is talking about a semi-automatic only weapon like a Browning A-5 or Benelli M4 where the user can only get one round fired for each squeeze of the trigger.
Actually, I am not sure about the difference between its military grade and civilian grade versions of the M1014. I know military ones have a 8 round clip - and it does last a long time since it is semi-auto.

And another reason I don't want a shotgun is the recoil. Auto or semi, shotguns kick like tsundere lolis. The pellet spray isn't worth it since zombies don't feel pain.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-16, 08:29   Link #1006
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
if i remember correctly, the Benelli M4 can only carry up to 7 + 1 shells.

and i have to also agree that the AA12 is a low recommendation when it comes to AT shotguns. most civvies were trained in the pump action shotgun when hunting. i believe tis the trigger pull thats the problem. unlike the m1014, when you pull the trigger, it means two shells are gonna be ejected, and you know that the shotgun is already very deadly at close combat fighting. that one shell can be the difference of quickly depleting your ammo and saving it later on and also, try doing that with the armsel striker aka streetsweeper.
thats imo... but feel free to correct me.

if you want a dual action shotgun, try acquiring a SPAS 12 by Franchi or Benelli's M3 for your convenience. true the AA12 is a monster of a shotgun, but it will soon be silenced if theres no more shells for it to blast.

@saintessheart: more like a very VERY violent tsundere. as far as i know... the civilian version only carries 4 rounds. the shotgun is really effective at close ranges though. military grade versions and police standards were meant to take out two or more people with just one shell in room to room fighting. if theres a lot of them coming towards you, then you can just unload 6-7 shells and soon it will be only five or three remaining.

LULZ mode deactivate
Old 2010-08-16, 08:54   Link #1007
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

All I mean is having a shotgun ready is best for having to clear a group of zombie or a granade. Anything that ccan clear a lot of zombies is better than nothing.

I'm not a damn gun expert, I'm going by common sense since shotgun>pistol>machinegun in crouded momments.

Hell I would prob hardly use guns and instead distract them by throwing a object at a clear location to keep a few zombies bsuy enought so I can clear the rest with silent weapons and sneak past

It all depends on the type of zombie really
Old 2010-08-16, 09:13   Link #1008
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Yeah, if the zombies only react to sound you could in theory just sneak by all of them. But if they're like resident evil Zeds, I think I'm taking a 12-gauge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Nope. He appears in RE5. With better voice acting you can literally feel the presence of this magnificent bastard.
Oh yeah I know whenever Wesker was onscreen the voice actor just took his performance to 11.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 09:28   Link #1009
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'm more worried if their fast likethe zombies in left 4 dead.
Old 2010-08-16, 10:43   Link #1010
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
All I mean is having a shotgun ready is best for having to clear a group of zombie or a granade. Anything that ccan clear a lot of zombies is better than nothing.
Quote:
The pellet spray isn't worth it since zombies don't feel pain.
Live round shotguns used in riots are usually fired at the legs, or sprayed to induce incapacitation.

Quote:
I'm not a damn gun expert, I'm going by common sense since shotgun>pistol>machinegun in crouded momments.
Neither am I. I served 2 years, and combined whatever I learnt with high school Physics.

In crowded conditions, I would rather run. If I can't, it would be suicide bombing with grenades. Shotguns don't work - you can blow off an arm and the zombies won't writhe in pain; it would still keep coming.

Combined with rigor mortis - the seized up muscles would have made them physically tougher that a shotgun pellet wouldn't have done much damage, even at high velocities.

As little stopping power as a 9mm SMG offers, the aerodynamics of the bullet allows it to have more piercing power due to maintaining kinetic energy rather than transferring it to knockdown power - sufficient enough to penetrate the skull and mess up the brain.

If it would be a shotgun, it would be a clip-fed sawn-off that can be drawn and fired with one hand before the other can be brought into position to chamber the next round.

Quote:
Hell I would prob hardly use guns and instead distract them by throwing a object at a clear location to keep a few zombies bsuy enought so I can clear the rest with silent weapons and sneak past

It all depends on the type of zombie really
I wouldn't mind a silenced weapon, but the reduced muzzle velocity, inability to attach a bayonet (to rifles), I would rather drop it altogether.

Old 2010-08-16, 10:52   Link #1011
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay just to clarify that a zombie in rigor wouldn't be able to move because rigor mortis implies the inability of the muscles of contract and relax due to inability of protein complexes to dissociate. In simpler terms a zombie in rigor wouldn't be able to move, and therefore a zombie in rigor would not really exist.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 11:00   Link #1012
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hmmm Vegitarian zombies(parden my spelling)

Vombie(veggy eating zombie) first time eating brains: "Eww brains"... *starts chewing on a flowers peddles* "Mmmm Brains" (or w.e the plants brainlike thing is)
Old 2010-08-16, 11:16   Link #1013
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
*snip*
And by reloading them, are you referring to reusing spent casing?

Quote:
what do you mean by crowded moments? Are you talking about close qaurters? Or do you mean dealing with a crowd of zombies?

And what do you mean by machine gun? Technically a machine gun encompasses an enormous variety of different weapons.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 12:02   Link #1014
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

a croud of zombies in a small space, too small to manuver around them without being caught.
Old 2010-08-16, 14:14   Link #1015
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
what do you mean by crowded moments? Are you talking about close qaurters? Or do you mean dealing with a crowd of zombies?

And what do you mean by machine gun? Technically a machine gun encompasses an enormous variety of different weapons.
Given his ludicrous spelling, I think he isn't exactly sure about what the point he is to be driving at. My guess is that he wants to point out the usefulness of the shotgun in scenarios where you are surrounded by large numbers of enemies which you have to cut through to escape.

The shotgun is useful in that scenario, but I still don't want to be the person carrying it.

Old 2010-08-16, 15:12   Link #1016
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Oh-ho, we got a puppy thinking it's a tiger. Chill Saintess, spelling shouldn't matter unelss you are uptight and want to condescend. Even then what could bad spelling hurt long as it isn't too horrid?
Spoiler for OT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I've neevr had ana vid interest in guns, so I'mr ather lost when people bring up abbreviations or brand numbers/model numbers... Oh well...

Give me something that doesn't require a whole lot of sight and I'm set. Bad eyes, y'know?... maybe I should settle with a melee weapon and be done with it. Since the facts laid out about shotguns are awfully deterring from my favoring them in the Z-apocalypse.
There is one thing you can do : stay in the safehouse and cook / clean. We can always take a boat and anchor it offshore.

Old 2010-08-16, 15:41   Link #1017
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Is the anchor a viable weapon, assuming the zombies will sink into the sea and try to attack from the deep?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 16:09   Link #1018
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Given his ludicrous spelling, I think he isn't exactly sure about what the point he is to be driving at. My guess is that he wants to point out the usefulness of the shotgun in scenarios where you are surrounded by large numbers of enemies which you have to cut through to escape.

The shotgun is useful in that scenario, but I still don't want to be the person carrying it.
sorry, Driving on a golf cart and typing on a tiny keyboard cell phone is kinda hard to think straight when trying to type and drive.

But yes the point i'm trying to make Is that a shotgun is useful in certain scenarios like SaintessHeart said

I really hate typing on my cell phone, specialy when the keys fuck up every second.
Old 2010-08-16, 20:05   Link #1019
Lost Cause

Ok, what happened?! Arbitres is reduced to cook, and nobody wants a shotgun!
Very well I'll take a pump action shotgun for back-up and leave my pistols to whomever needs them! A shotgun in close will effectively remove meat and bone, and instead of my favored AK-47 I'll adopt the FAL! That way I can engage targets at 500 yds. instead of 200. And I can pilfer ammo from our snipers and machine gunners!
And Arbitres, stay outta my kitchen!! The A.S.S. Needs a leader and your IT!

Ride, Boldly Ride!

Last edited by Lost Cause; 2010-08-16 at 20:21.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 21:28   Link #1020
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'll take this.

Tags
apocalypse, firearms, survive, zombies