AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-21, 05:10   Link #101
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I think you mean 'stickler'.
Heh, you're right.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 09:24   Link #102
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
I just want them to keep all the comic book-esque sound effects and words along with the ragdoll physics. It's not supposed to be a very realistic game anyways, so why start now?
Yea..they should avoid making it into a grit and grim American war movie feel. The market for that is too saturated already.

They could opt for some better more realistic weapon sounds. but the words and clean feel of the game should still be there.

The screenshot looks really interesting. PSP is already graphically superior than DS..so PSP is a better choice for me. VC wouldn't work well with a stylus.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 14:51   Link #103
Solecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
Yea..they should avoid making it into a grit and grim American war movie feel. The market for that is too saturated already.

They could opt for some better more realistic weapon sounds. but the words and clean feel of the game should still be there.

The screenshot looks really interesting. PSP is already graphically superior than DS..so PSP is a better choice for me. VC wouldn't work well with a stylus.
I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as them making it grim. I mean look at it. It looks like a high school dating sim . They just took out the ero and replaced it with awesome strategy gameplay.

As for the console, the DS might have actually been pretty cool. In battle sequences they could have had the top view map on the touch screen, and the active movement part on the other screen. That way you could always get a sense of positioning as well as being able to easily select units or set targets. Speaking of targets, I hope they give you mortars in the game .
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 15:31   Link #104
kalbron

Actually if you take a look at the screenshots of the game itself, they don't seem to be running around in the school uniform during battle. If they had been doing that, then yes, you could rightly claim that they ruined it by making it seem like a dating sim, but after examining all the screenshots I'm slightly optimistic that the game will turn out good.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 17:17   Link #105
Solecs

I was mostly referring to the visual style, but looking back on my comment I kind of muddled that up . I too have a pretty healthy optimism for how it will turn out. I'm especially glad they're not just rehashing the same gameplay with a new story but also adding new elements to advance the franchise.

I'm curious how they're going to present the game though. Whether they keep the in a book style or if they move to something different like an open world style game.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 17:28   Link #106
kalbron

Considering the mission system seems to run out of a classroom, I doubt they're going to keep the book style. Which is somewhat of a shame, but so long as the new system makes it interesting, then it should be good.
Old 2009-07-22, 02:56   Link #107
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Considering the mission system seems to run out of a classroom, I doubt they're going to keep the book style. Which is somewhat of a shame, but so long as the new system makes it interesting, then it should be good.
It could come out of a school text book.

From the original we're told at the start the "game" was going to be an account of "Those Who Lived, Those Who Fought and Those Who Died On the Gallian Front."

So the sequel could be like a battlefield tactics manual or another historical account of how the future of a nation in turmoil was shaped by so few unexpected heroes.

Old 2009-07-22, 04:24   Link #108
kalbron

Eh, I suppose so, but I get the distinct impression that the mission selection screen is in their classroom and they're the ones making the decisions. Which means it wouldn't really work in book form imo.

Unless, of course, it's something stupid like Assassin's Creed and that's someone else's classroom and they're going "Hey! Lets go to this chapter of the conflict now!" =/
Old 2009-07-22, 07:08   Link #109
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Unless, of course, it's something stupid like Assassin's Creed and that's someone else's classroom and they're going "Hey! Lets go to this chapter of the conflict now!" =/
I'd accept this under one condition:
Spoiler for Oh what the hey:
Is anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled on the anime even in this thread? I feel like if you are gonna play two, you should have played one...

Last edited by spawnofthejudge; 2009-07-22 at 08:08. Reason: Spoiler. Just for fun.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 07:51   Link #110
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
May wanna throw some spoiler tags on that. Probably the anime will make people want to try this.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2009-07-22 at 12:40.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 08:00   Link #111
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

You might want to remove your quote because he can't tag your quotes.

Old 2009-07-22, 09:28   Link #112
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I'd accept this under one condition:
Spoiler for Oh what the hey:
Given that the sequel is two years after the first game, I highly doubt that the latter will make a showing.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 12:08   Link #113
cloner4000

Even if it's in a classroom, it'll probably run something similar, although I heard someone from forums talking about something like Radiata Story, where you can walk inside a town recruiting people with different times as they have their own schedules. Although I think this should probably more plausible for PS3.

Yea, looking at the new valkyur, I guess it's not too serious. Wonder which side she'll be on. She does bear a striking resemblance to selvaria, except her laugh.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 12:15   Link #114
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Even if it's in a classroom, it'll probably run something similar, although I heard someone from forums talking about something like Radiata Story, where you can walk inside a town recruiting people with different times as they have their own schedules. Although I think this should probably more plausible for PS3.
Radiata Stories was a nice little title for the PS2. I don't know how much processing power the PS2 and PSP have in comparison to each other, but I think the PSP has plenty to do what was done with the City in Radiata. It's more about remembering the time and segmenting the City in a way that allows the system to not have to remember all that much about the people's schedules at any one time. Other than possible crowd scenes, there weren't many times that had tons of people in one space.

Oh, now I want to play Radiata again... Wild Pitch!
Old 2009-07-22, 12:40   Link #115
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
You might want to remove your quote because he can't tag your quotes.
Forgot about that. Thanks.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 22:34   Link #116
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Got some news on who's who in the VC2 dev team.

Shuntaro Tanaka
Chief producer. Worked as chief director on the first Valkyria Chronicles. Also has past experience on Sakura Taisen 1&2 and Eternal Arcadia.

Shinji Motoyama
Producer. Previous work as producer on the Sega X Bleach series, and also past experience on Kunoichi and Dororo.

Take Ozawa
Director. Served as main planner on the original Valkyria Chronicles. Also worked on Doraemon Nobita no Shinmakai Daibouken for DS.

Raita Honjo
Character designer. Did character work on the original Valkyria as well.

Hitoshi Sakimoto
Music. Also did composition for the original Valkyria and has worked on a long list of other classics.

Shame the teaser site allowed us to take a good look at the Europan continent. Now it's gone unless someone got a good pic of it.

I'm a sad panda.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 23:55   Link #117
Runty

You mean this picture?
Spoiler for Map of Europa:

Last edited by Runty; 2009-07-23 at 12:57. Reason: Placed image in spoiler tags to reduce size
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 01:18   Link #118
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
OH MY F****** GOD!

Thank you Runty! I could hug you and give you a high five (while imagining myself to be a Gallian soldier returning from the war).

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 06:02   Link #119
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Yea, looking at the new valkyur, I guess it's not too serious. Wonder which side she'll be on. She does bear a striking resemblance to selvaria, except her laugh.
According to the current info, that she hangs out with the main character & his friends, my guess is she's with the Gallian royalist forces.

@Runty
Nice picture but put it in the spoiler tag, it's too big.
Old 2009-07-23, 12:52   Link #120
Snowman24

Nice to see that the Atlantic Ocean is still the Atlantic ocean
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote