AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-11, 07:00   Link #281
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yura`
hmm... after glancing through this thread, this anime has really intrigued me, and i'm sorely tempted to d/l it... but it seems that most of u read the original novel? so i'm just wondering if my not knowing the story at all will affect my understanding of the anime in any way? thx!!
I only saw the covers of this quite a while back, but I never touched the novels my self. But I was interested due to Noizi Ito's character designs, but after whatching the first two eps this show is made of pure win. Not to mentioned the animation is pure awsome.

Kyon is like the best male character ive seen in ages, he can tell when he sees a cute girl, a cool object, a weird person, an anoying person, a scary experience, etc. But he's just isn't interested in any of it, I guess thats what makes him cool and totally different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Anyone else getting yuri vibes form Mikuru?
And whats this, please dont make Mikuru a lesbian. We dont need more yuris this season.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 07:08   Link #282
tritoch

im jumping the SOS Brigade bandwagon!!

This animation is just... EXCELLENT! They really went all the way with its almost realistic backgrounds.. Interesting character designs.

Kyon: the coolest male protagonist ever! Reminds me of Shirase BPS.. The girls are cute and although there's alot of girls, I didn't feel that this is harem anime (must be because of kyon's personality)

I AM HOOKED.. What a summer lineup: this one, xxxholic, Ouhran high school host club..
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 07:36   Link #283
yamikage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Just caught episode 2. Ladies and gentlemen, only two episodes in but it looks like we have a winner. Suzumiya Haruhi has just completely hit the ball out of the park with its sheer uniqueness. Add in the amazing animation, brilliant directing, fascinating characters and perfect comedic timing and we are very possibly looking at what is, at the very least, a contender for anime of the year.

Yes, I know it's early days yet, but to say that all the elements of a hit are here almost goes without saying. But what we're seeing here are, imo, initial glimpses of a very, very special piece of work, the likes of which we tend to see (at most) only once or twice a year in anime.

The big test for this anime is will it be able to maintain this level for the entire course of the series. Fingers crossed that it will... because if it does this could be a title we'll be talking about for years after it's over.
Amen to that. With only 14 episodes to fill, this must not disappoint!!!

I expect to see an oversaturation of speed fansubs soon. But I'll stick to afk's until the end. Just to show my thanks. ^^
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 07:58   Link #284
tritoch

i think a.f.k. did a good job with the subs.. they even translated the credits (which some groups don't)
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 08:15   Link #285
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Sign me up to the SOS club/group/brigade... I don't care!

It'll be a headache on the part of translators to find a way for 'SOS' to be translated into English faithfully and keep the acynoum intact.

I am truly now a fan of KyoAni. They seem to have a magical touch and this anime to me is the best in this season.

Kuon is brilliant. He does narriation absolute justice.

Haruhi... could it be that Osaka finally has a true contender? That we will have another game-winning homerun so long after Azumanga Daioh? The Queen of Akihabara? Take the Saimoe torch from Nanoha in 2k6? Time will tell...
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 08:39   Link #286
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

Oh wow, just saw the first two episodes back-to-back and I think this show is absolutely brilliant. I actually found myself laughing a lot. The narration definately makes the show for me. The best part is that the whole thing feels completely original and I've been watching anime for a few year now. What sparked my interest to the show was the studio doing it and I love anything KyoAni puts out.
MetaFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 09:08   Link #287
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Sold to the cute, small, and has a big breast Mikuru ^-^v.

Yoroshiku
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 09:19   Link #288
mizuki_tohru
DameNingen who came back

"Yamakan"'s direction was splendid! I discovered him on "Jungle ha ishumo hare nochi guu" works. He is a famous amateur video movie "Onnen-sentai RessentiMan" director.

omake.
The book which nagato read is "The Fall of Hyperion" Dan Simmons.
and,
haruhi's school
mizuki_tohru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 10:28   Link #289
LytHka
Banned

Took me only the "first two" episodes to decide to get the DVDs. Amazon.co.jp is already taking preorders.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 10:38   Link #290
Shadowscar
Reviewer of all anime

lol episode two(One) is hillarious but i find episode one(zero) very lacking or boring...

Definately going to be fun to watch were this series goes lol... and i loved how she abducted that other girl...
Shadowscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 11:00   Link #291
Bossman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowscar
lol episode two(One) is hillarious but i find episode one(zero) very lacking or boring...
It's the opposite for me. I laughed dozens of times during episode one but episode 2 had only couple funny moments.
Bossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 11:05   Link #292
madarabe
Dunamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
Took me only the "first two" episodes to decide to get the DVDs. Amazon.co.jp is already taking preorders.
Same here. Already preodered Eps.00, and vol.1 till vol.7 from AmJ.

いっぺん 死んでみる?
madarabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 11:08   Link #293
Shadowscar
Reviewer of all anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman
It's the opposite for me. I laughed dozens of times during episode one but episode 2 had only couple funny moments.
I guess so far this anime has something for Many different crowds, as watching such shows is all in ones perspective
Shadowscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 11:09   Link #294
Thelastguardian

From the looks of the ED the anime probably covers up to volume 4- the Christmas story.

(Which is a fitting way to end the TV series,

Spoiler for just a little:
Old 2006-04-11, 12:46   Link #295
ztella
Haruhi's Hair Worshipper

Send a message via AIM to ztella Send a message via MSN to ztella
Haruhi is one of the hottest girls I've seen in an anime... Amazing...

How she looks when shes mad is unbelievably cute
ztella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 12:58   Link #296
bobobo

Hey do you guys have any idea when ep. 3 will finally air? I'm checking different japanese tv guides online and.....I can't find anything.
bobobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 13:07   Link #297
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Haruhi has the exuberant nature that reminds me of Matsuri in the series Kamichu!

She's kind of an exciting wild tiger ... I don't see how Kyon can fail to be entranced, but you know how always go for the boring squeaky girls
I wonder how long it'll take Mikuru to calm down...

Both episodes were funny but episode two was hilarious.... Kyon's dry sarcasm really adds to the show.
Again.. great animation style ... lots of witty dialog ....
must... resist... urge.. to squeal like a little girl squid. Lord, I hope this show keeps its upbeat nature.
Old 2006-04-11, 13:07   Link #298
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki_tohru
Many thanks. I love seeing the real places shown in anime. And it's a nice change to see a place in Kansai used instead of in Kantou (or Hokkaido, lol): Nishinomiya, between Osaka and Kobe. There are shots on another page of the school's website of destruction after the Kobe earthquake (1995). So I guess at least most of the buildings are comparatively newly built.

On 2channel, this anime is already up to 32 threads (~32,000 posts). The big hit of the winter season, Fate/Stay Night is only at 58, and it had a three-month head start. It's gratifying that so many people in Japan and abroad can agree on how good this show is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobo
Hey do you guys have any idea when ep. 3 will finally air? I'm checking different japanese tv guides online and.....I can't find anything.
Shoubai Calendar says it will air on Monday the 17th at 25:30 (i.e., Tuesday the 18th at 01:30). That would be 12:30 noon Monday in NYC and 5:30 pm in London, I believe.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-04-11 at 13:29.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 13:12   Link #299
mangafanatic

I DLed the first episode out of random curiosity (and glowing pride at finally accomplishing a "green light" on bit tornado after half a year of messing with settings XD). I must say, I was quiet confused at first. After reading the synopsis, I got into the anime and all I'm seeing is a fan servicey girl in a bunny suit. About two minutes into the bunny suit deal, I figured out it must have been that the character in the show was watching something.

Well, I get severely annoyed with fan service so I skipped a lot of the bunny suit stuff (Except the ventrillouque bit-- which was really funny) and finally got to the end. So, here's my question. I really LOVE the set up for this anime. After seeing the character design for the actial characters, they don't look even a smidge as fan servicey as the characters in the little mini-show in episode one. So, is there a ton of fan service in the show? I'm DLing episode two, but I'd like to be prepared.
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 13:19   Link #300
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafanatic
I DLed the first episode out of random curiosity (and glowing pride at finally accomplishing a "green light" on bit tornado after half a year of messing with settings XD). I must say, I was quiet confused at first. After reading the synopsis, I got into the anime and all I'm seeing is a fan servicey girl in a bunny suit. About two minutes into the bunny suit deal, I figured out it must have been that the character in the show was watching something.

Well, I get severely annoyed with fan service so I skipped a lot of the bunny suit stuff (Except the ventrillouque bit-- which was really funny) and finally got to the end. So, here's my question. I really LOVE the set up for this anime. After seeing the character design for the actial characters, they don't look even a smidge as fan servicey as the characters in the little mini-show in episode one. So, is there a ton of fan service in the show? I'm DLing episode two, but I'd like to be prepared.
I'd say a qualified "no" .. just the glowing cuteness of the major characters (I hope you figured out the student-made film was a massive poke at anime and fanservice). The show is dialog heavy with really excellent animation. It relies on the dry comedy and the physical presence of Haruhi once she gets exuberant about something. Poor Mikuru appears to be the "moe" rabbit caught in Haruhi's headlights. I suspect there will be some tension of Kyon finding them both interesting in different ways.
Frankly, Haruhi can pull my tie anytime.

Maybe the best way to put is that there isn't "fanservice" in ep2 but there are some "pokes at fanservice with fanservice", eh? Ep 2 has a minor service bit that normally I find annoying but in this case it made perfect sense.

(I don't tend to call things that are within story context fanservice anymore).

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen