Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-19, 18:41   Link #201
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
the OP single will be released August 22.
Amazon.jp state the same date --- you should be checking there first.
Old 2007-07-19, 19:15   Link #202
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriS View Post
Spoiler for afk subs:

Ah sweet thanks for the trans ^^
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 23:30   Link #203
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Can someone tell me who is the guys' face that is that is randomly appearing in the anime? His expression cracks me up sometimes. This series is pretty much eye crack for me. Some of the jokes are so random its funny or flies right over my head.
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 01:30   Link #204
tibinako

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusG View Post
Can someone tell me who is the guys' face that is that is randomly appearing in the anime? .
He is Maeda-kun one of assistant of Kōji Kumeta
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%89%...94%B0%E5%90%9B
tibinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 01:46   Link #205
GriS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusG View Post
Can someone tell me who is the guys' face that is that is randomly appearing in the anime? His expression cracks me up sometimes. This series is pretty much eye crack for me. Some of the jokes are so random its funny or flies right over my head.
If you're referring to 'face with no hair', this has been mentioned several times and the answer lies somewhere in this thread too. Quoting for convenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The face is apparently that of the mangaka's assistant, known as Maeda-kun. He is a stock character in works by the mangaka (Kumeta Kouji) and has even appeared in someone else's manga. The idea of using his face to censor bits of a scene is new in the anime, however.

I didn't mind it. It was funny. But I didn't pay much attention to it, either. They may move on to something else later. At least once in a while, I kind of like this obvious way of censoring things, rather than the sneakier ways that are normal. I think it's part of Shinbou's wild style, and pretty artsy in itself.

The information about Maeda-kun comes from this page in the Japanese wiki for the anime, which is a new part of the wiki for the manga.
As much as I love Komori, I also have an obsession with Kafuka and her 'everything-is-perceived-positively'.
This one might even surpass lucky star and ouran on my all top comedy show.

Komori being scared out of her home and yet managed to find herself locked up in the school seems to be a rationale that we can never change the hikkomori's life (stop becoming one before it's too late!)
GriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 02:14   Link #206
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep2. That was hilarious. Thanks for the subs, a.f.k. LS and now this? You guys have good taste.

The hikikomori, the stalkers, the marriage licence, sunny and dangerous Fuura. I just love the character design, especially of Fuura and the lady teacher.

And Kamiya Hiroshi (Takemoto in Honey & Clover) is doing a fabulous job. His intonations are subtle and funny.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-07-20 at 11:07.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 04:55   Link #207
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Massugu GO!

Just finished the second episode, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The artwork captivated me again. The characters themselves... they're all great. Chiri and Kiri in particular I really, really like so far.

My favorite was the stalker bit, omg that was excellent. I'm really looking forward to the next ep. Thank you, a.f.k.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 05:13   Link #208
GNU

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So what is the name of that title? I can't read Japanese.
That title is "Golden Youga gekijou", meaning is "golden movie theater".
It is Japanese TV program, which was aired by 1971-2001.
GNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 05:42   Link #209
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I just love the character design, especially of Fuura and the lady teacher.
Good old Hideyuki Morioka, trust him to adapt manga style to anime, like he always has done.
Old 2007-07-20, 07:12   Link #210
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

This show has good taste.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 16:06   Link #211
ragnesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiu View Post
So in episode 2 when Kitsu-san rolled over from the bed in the nurse's office, you can see the teach laying on top of the other bed. And then you can see another set of feet directly below him. What in the world is that about?

Since anime of this genre typically make use of every little detail as reference to something comically or mockingly, I thought I'd point it out. Does it mean something or just a totally botched animation frame?
I missed that the first time I watched that scene. I don't understand it either. Here's the screenie:
Spoiler for ep2:
ragnesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 16:07   Link #212
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

If you think about it, its easy to see who's feet they belong to.
Old 2007-07-20, 16:14   Link #213
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
^ I'm thinking it's the stalker girl, as it's most likely her. I can't believe I missed that
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 16:42   Link #214
Necro-

it's obviously komori!
Necro- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 17:04   Link #215
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I didn't notice it when I watched it, but that is major-creepy. ...All the better. I also think it's Kiri.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 19:04   Link #216
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Extraordinary episode...Had me laughing the whole time.

Heck I didnt even mind the wierd faces this time...I guess they annoyed me so much the first episode because of how they where used in the bath scene, but this episode I think they where used sparingly abit more.

The characters that got the spotlight this episode where just too much fun. Overall loving the way this is going.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 19:46   Link #217
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Amazon.jp state the same date --- you should be checking there first.
Shoboi also gives a convenient summary. Personally I'm hanging out for the ED single, Unparalleled Beauty. Both the song and the animation are twisted goodness.

Other than raving about the general brilliance of this show (the stalker chain! Chiri's "strawberry panic"! Lucky Channel!), I'd just like to say that after the zashiki warashi scene I think Kafuka is the most dangerous student in the entire class
Old 2007-07-20, 19:55   Link #218
nhyn

omg hahaha thanks for pointing the feet out lol can't believe I missed that!
Chiri obviously has some kind of OCD and the stalker chain is simply a brilliant laugh at the usual melodrama stereotype where everybody is related to/involved with everybody else hahahaha
God, I love, love this show. What a "desperate" way to spend time instead of moping on my bed waiting for Haruhi 2nd season lolz
nhyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 20:57   Link #219
BakaRanger

I haven't laughed this hard in ages. I love this show. It's the best comedy show in a long while. Every person in this show is such an extreme type. The growing list of messed up girls falling for the messed up teacher is good fun.
BakaRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 22:31   Link #220
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
... I'd just like to say that after the zashiki warashi scene I think Kafuka is the most dangerous student in the entire class
I like the fact that Kafuka is pronounced like "Kafka," as in Kafka-esque.

And the feet under the bed are great. Thanks to aiu for pointing them out. It is also amazing that I didn't notice the two guys kissing -- huge as they were -- until the second time I watched the episode. Ep3 airs in 12 hours.

So far, this seems like a new high for Shinbou Akiyuki, the director, combining humor even funnier than PaniPoni Dash and Hidamari Sketch with the amazing artistic look of Negima and Hidamari, and including an underlying seriousness that gives poignancy to the humor.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shaft