AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-08, 02:41   Link #16101
tsunade666

you know even after reading book 3. I still didn't understand why Index was not around and Touma didn't contact necesarius -_-

If Index was around the Leshy spell won't be a problem >.> and Touma won't be at least in deep sh*t right now.
Old 2012-01-08, 02:43   Link #16102
judasmartel
*Author

Oh, yeah. Too bad. I'm still missing Pendex and Spell Intercept, tho.
Old 2012-01-08, 02:44   Link #16103
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
you know even after reading book 3. I still didn't understand why Index was not around and Touma didn't contact necesarius -_-

If Index was around the Leshy spell won't be a problem >.> and Touma won't be at least in deep sh*t right now.
1. If Index was around, they'll need much more firepower to ensure she's safe. Not really a good thing given they would need to rely heavily on Laura.

2. Even if Index was around, are we sure she would have understood the spell in a shorter time, AND come up with a countermeasure that is more efficient than what was done? I'm skeptical.
Old 2012-01-08, 03:17   Link #16104
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Don't you know? America is the country with the largest gun carrying population It would be risky to bring Index along.
Old 2012-01-08, 03:49   Link #16105
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I take your Equ.DarkMatter, and raise you Cyborg Kakine in all his psychotic glory plus AC tech combined into him.

Spoiler for crack-induced ideas:
That's hardly crack. I've dreamed up crazy cyborg suits for Fridge-kun that had many functions enhanced by Dark Matter. Usurper

Hell, I even wrote stuff about a Five_OVER Modelcase: Dark Matter

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-01-08, 04:16   Link #16106
tsunade666

-_-

you remember the incident with the cross in vol 9-10. Index said Touma should just have called her but Touma was >.> you? used a phone? <.<

I was -_- okay...........

And don't said anything about the FCE? or what ever that one was because Touma was been calling Bardway! Bardway! Bardway! again and again.

Laura is a manipulative vixen that's true but it's also true that she's neutral in doing good and evil though she also wants academy city >.>

And as for Index not deciphering it fast and efficient as the one shown with all the problem they encounter just to counter it.... well she is the Index Librorium Phrohibitorium or the magic library. She even has data on divine level but she can't decipher it completely. A make up Russian spell should be no problem for her than an angel class spell.
Old 2012-01-08, 04:22   Link #16107
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

New Testament Volume 3 is complete.

In the end it looks like 'Management' on both sides have been screwing around with their 'allies'. The one thing I don't get is why Birdway is so determine to get Gremlin that she would pull a 'Lelouch' to get it done.

Cendrillon... It would have been better if you were stuck in a coma abit longer...

The core members are clearly Norse magicians, and they have been around longer than WWIII. Odin is the confirmed Magic God from Kamachi's message in the Afterwords, and not just someone that got in the way of Ollerus...
Old 2012-01-08, 04:23   Link #16108
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
1. If Index was around, they'll need much more firepower to ensure she's safe.
Or not really. Everyone else in the party should just protect her while she Spell Intercepts. Touma and co. becomes the Sword while Index the Sorcerer.
Old 2012-01-08, 04:30   Link #16109
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Look it's not that complicated, Kamachi believes he had given Index enough appearance between the Imaginary Numbers, Book of Law, Queen's Fleet, Academy City Invasion and Britain Civil War. To him Index is like Last Order and Takitsubo, they're people to protect and not to be place in the frontlines.
Old 2012-01-08, 05:11   Link #16110
tsunade666

the phone! phone! cellphone or phone or at least a little info about how the heck Hamazura manage to skip the surveillance of Item or how can Touma leave Index behind.

You know this kind of writing change since the near the end of part 1 of Index. Around vol 20 with the WWIII skipping here and there. It looks good but the details was kept minimal. Heck even in the fight with Saronia. Kamachi didn't even give details to the surrounding or the distance between them. Which is unlike in his previews book. Which he least the distance or the setting of the battle field.

I don't know who to blame. The author or the editor. It felt a LOT of lacking -_-
Old 2012-01-08, 05:45   Link #16111
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
the epilogue is ensure mikoto's position as touma's lover indeed...(i mean there was never a girl in his harem who can take a courage to say something "dramatic" to touma) and this third volume epilogue really give me a chill and made me want to read the nt4 soone (well i'll be patient and waiting until 10th march come)
Old 2012-01-08, 06:06   Link #16112
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by julioalqae View Post
the epilogue is ensure mikoto's position as touma's lover indeed...(i mean there was never a girl in his harem who can take a courage to say something "dramatic" to touma) and this third volume epilogue really give me a chill and made me want to read the nt4 soone (well i'll be patient and waiting until 10th march come)

I don't think there was any doubt that it would turn out that way, I mean sure there were people in denial but the case to push for Mikoto has been strong if slow throughout the story.

There is one thing I'm curious to know, whether NT4 would solely continue the fight against Gremlin, or would it mix around and show scenes with Academy City actually dealing with the civil war? Crowley isn't fun to watch if he's not playing the role of the magnificent bastard.
Old 2012-01-08, 06:18   Link #16113
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Look it's not that complicated, Kamachi believes he had given Index enough appearance between the Imaginary Numbers, Book of Law, Queen's Fleet, Academy City Invasion and Britain Civil War. To him Index is like Last Order and Takitsubo, they're people to protect and not to be place in the frontlines.
Hm, well, while she didn't really fight as much as the likes of Touma, she did really have awesome moments (winning the battle vs. Sherry's Golem, pwning RCC agents with Spell Intercept and Sheol Fear, Pendex).

I was just trying to point out what could have happened if Index was in Touma's party, what with her abilities such as Spell Intercept, Sheol Fear, and there's Pendex to consider. Whether these would be useful vs. GREMLIN is of course anybody's guess.

Same thing could be said of LO and Rikou. LO is the Sisters' Control Tower, a Level 3 Electromaster, but that's all about it. Rikou, on the other hand, has a power that can radically change the Esper program, what with her ability to track Espers, Mega Manning, and grant Status Buffs and Debuffs. But yes, they are meant to be protected, indeed.
Old 2012-01-08, 06:30   Link #16114
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

There is one thing I'm curious to know, whether NT4 would solely continue the fight against Gremlin, or would it mix around and show scenes with Academy City actually dealing with the civil war? Crowley isn't fun to watch if he's not playing the role of the magnificent bastard.
hahaha yeah, he is more suited for that role...but in the nt2 the "magnificent" level has been reduced.....but if he has sleeve in his hand and make another turn over which make him a TOP of magnificent bastard again, it will be a good twist....

now we can just wait the Birdway's action and i am curious if she will become the next enemy of touma or not...
Old 2012-01-08, 06:36   Link #16115
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Hm, well, while she didn't really fight as much as the likes of Touma, she did really have awesome moments (winning the battle vs. Sherry's Golem, pwning RCC agents with Spell Intercept and Sheol Fear, Pendex).
Nobody fights as much as Touma, save for maybe Accelerator.

Quote:
I was just trying to point out what could have happened if Index was in Touma's party, what with her abilities such as Spell Intercept, Sheol Fear, and there's Pendex to consider. Whether these would be useful vs. GREMLIN is of course anybody's guess.

Same thing could be said of LO and Rikou. LO is the Sisters' Control Tower, a Level 3 Electromaster, but that's all about it. Rikou, on the other hand, has a power that can radically change the Esper program, what with her ability to track Espers, Mega Manning, and grant Status Buffs and Debuffs. But yes, they are meant to be protected, indeed.

Last Order is pretty much out of the picture completely- She's a child with hardly any fighting skills or utility purpose except opening electronically locked doors.

Rikou and Index does have experience fighting, but their guardians being as protective as they are would take a LONG time before they voluntarily bring them to the front lines.
Old 2012-01-08, 06:38   Link #16116
judasmartel
*Author

Thus the saying, Fate/Stay in the kitchen.

But hey, at least the Sisters can be quite good Sniper support.
Old 2012-01-08, 07:19   Link #16117
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Thus the saying, Fate/Stay in the kitchen.
There's a reason this thread isn't titled the "To Aru Majutsu no Kitchen Light Novel Discussion".
Old 2012-01-08, 08:29   Link #16118
judasmartel
*Author

Yes, indeed.
Old 2012-01-08, 09:18   Link #16119
jerys

i have a feeling GREMLIN want to recreate fiamma plan. Like change the world by preparing a temple filled with strange power.
Old 2012-01-08, 09:33   Link #16120
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
And as for Index not deciphering it fast and efficient as the one shown with all the problem they encounter just to counter it.... well she is the Index Librorium Phrohibitorium or the magic library. She even has data on divine level but she can't decipher it completely. A make up Russian spell should be no problem for her than an angel class spell.
She pointed out the Kazakiri's core was on a different place and thought a solution to sabe LO with some little info about brains and even analyzed Curtana Original in no time and interecepted it to allow Acqua to throw Touma via Ascalon while everyone were fighting. I agree that her could have been very valuable this volume regarding a russian magician.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2012-01-08 at 09:43.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen