AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-09-16, 02:13   Link #1
Saudademaru

So what kind of fun do you have in public?

I find it hard to find people into anime around me so I create this thread to see what it is you people do in public! What I mean by this is any kind of social gathering/hobby/where you like to hang out.

Me- Well I used to play yugioh years ago but the only reason I quit was because the only good place around here to play closed up because the owner unfortunately died. Those tournaments/regional's were probably the only thing I actually willingly did that was social to get to meet other people.

Anyway, besides that, it's (when I get the rare chance to see my friends now days) hang out with friends and maybe go bowling/comedy club or something of the sort...but the thing with this kind of stuff is you really just hang with who you invited and don't meet anyone new.

And besides that I go to festivals and parks alone where I play games/get exercise or just enjoy the peace. Sometimes I go out to places with the hopes of meeting someone interesting but there's just no luck. So where are you people!?
What do you enjoy doing outdoors (alone or with people)
Saudademaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 03:07   Link #2
willx
Nyaaan~~

Er, I have to admit when I saw this thread topic .. I was expecting something lewd

Since this is a "serious" thread I thought I'd say: Well, I work a lot, but when I have time I guess .. Probably what most other people do..? Perhaps with a bit of variation.

-Shopping
-Vacations (Just started a few years ago, flights out of Canada are expensive!)
-Eating (HUGE foodie .. so therefore I eat out A LOT for cuisines from all over the world and all types, cheap or expensive, fine dining or dives .. doesn't matter as long as it tastes good)
-Music (going to see the local symphony orchestra lately, recent electronica and other concerts)
-Movies (not so much recently..)
-Local Comedy Club
-Bars, lounges, hotel bars
-Clubbing (not so much lately..)
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 04:24   Link #3
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I have to say, I also had the gutter moment reading the thread title.
Old 2012-09-16, 04:31   Link #4
Sumeragi
Banned

I was thinking “Do you take us for otakus who barely do anything outside our rooms?”.

Mostly reading on my part.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 10:34   Link #5
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I live in Ottawa, so generally I go shopping, go out to festivals and watch the sunset at Parliament Hill sometimes. I hang out with friends at local fighting game casuals and we'd go out for something to eat after.

At nights, when I'm alone, I would just go out and do some stargazing.
Old 2012-09-16, 10:52   Link #6
Kirarakim

I barely have time to go out anymore

* When I have the money and time I like to do international travel. Sadly I have not had the combination of these things in a few years even though I've been to many neat places in the past.

* Around my city and close by I like to go to museums, the theater, and going to my art house theater circuit to see foreign and classic films.

* Going to good restaurants, I appreciate good food.

* Going to conventions (Otakon is my convention of choice)
Old 2012-09-16, 12:22   Link #7
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I have to say, I also had the gutter moment reading the thread title.
I also... ...you know what, can I blame you?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 13:53   Link #8
Saudademaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I was thinking “Do you take us for otakus who barely do anything outside our rooms?”.

Mostly reading on my part.
That can be done in your room

& no, I'm sorry if you took it offense by my title. Just not really sure what a good title should be. If anyone has a suggestion then shoot.
Saudademaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 16:14   Link #9
Miss Iri
Misguided Ghosts

I usually go to the mall, or a park to clear my mind...
Miss Iri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:43   Link #10
Random32
Also a Lolicon

I find it easier to make friends with the people I am forced to be with than trying to find random strangers to interact with.

Anyways, public libraries are excellent places to go to. Free wifi, books, air conditioned/heated, hawt librarians, everything you could possibly ever need.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 21:42   Link #11
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

We went to our local zoo today... the other week some relatives were in town, we took them to the japanese gardens, to the shopping district downtown, to an annual art festival, out to nearby waterfalls and such.

We usually go to the local farmer's and arts/crafts markets every week. If I'm actually *looking* for new friends, I'll take a non-credit class at the community college on a subject I like.
Old 2012-09-16, 21:50   Link #12
Amoiro Nguyen
lazy onee-sama

When I'm not at work or on the computer, I usually go to the gym or take a little walk by the town.
There aren't many things to do here...
Old 2012-09-17, 01:47   Link #13
Ridwan

I don't do much outside of my basement besides college, social life and my seemingly never ending struggle to break out of poverty. But they are all secondary activities in my life compared to smoking and drinking in front of the computer, spending quality times with my waifus when not correcting ignorant peoples on the netz and honing my expertises in many intellectual topics through the employment of wikipedia.

Spoiler for Serious thought about this thread:
Old 2012-09-17, 01:51   Link #14
Metaler

I have some friends who I usually go out with to shoot pool and have a few cold ones.
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 02:18   Link #15
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I give snacks during spare hours... There is no more fun than eating corny and nuts when given free!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 04:01   Link #16
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, go out for a coffee with a few friends, get something cheap to eat, occasionally go to the cinemas, most of the time go to someone's house and watch a movie or two.

In different company, stay home and play board games, play old beat'em ups on my dusty PS2, play darts, go out for a walk.

In another kind of different company, go for a swim/walk around the shore, go shopping.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 08:20   Link #17
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
So what kind of fun do you have in public?

Poking wars on public transport, stealing each other's food while the other is eating,(hands is not a necessity), running into back alleys giggling like little kids, copping a feel in the park, getting hot an...
*is tapped on the shoulder*

Oh, you mean how do we spend our spare time outside in town?
Ooooooooooh, why didn't you say so!?

In that case, since I have no life, I can't answer this question and will go back to my cave.
*vanish*

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 10:09   Link #18
willx
Nyaaan~~

Haha.. see, it wasn't just me being all pervy.. "So one time.. in a public park at night.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I live in Ottawa, so generally I go shopping, go out to festivals and watch the sunset at Parliament Hill sometimes. I hang out with friends at local fighting game casuals and we'd go out for something to eat after.
Oh hey! Another Canadian, and in the same province too! So, random "social thread"-type comment. Although I've lived here for the past 3 years.. I haven't really had much time to go sight seeing. Any time I did have I used for international travel so this last weekend I actually saw Niagara Falls for the first time!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niagara_Falls
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 19:40   Link #19
Liddo-kun
is this so?

The usual shopping at the mall. I often drop by at Comic Quest, chatting with the salespeople there. Another place that I frequent is Toby's sport shop, it's where I buy dumbbells and other small gym accessories - ok, picking out exercise equipment is one form of fun for me.

What else.. another fun activity I do in public is going to anime conventions. I try to attend one every month, or one every two months. This one I do with friends, or with my cousin.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 21:17   Link #20
OpenDoors

I am also in Ottawa, and this would be my 3rd yr in Ontario too lol

I would sometime arrange movie thing with friends and otherwise hangout/check out some pubs. Maybe it is because I've been to places with a lot less light pollution; I don't think Ottawa is a good place to do stargazing.
OpenDoors is offline   Reply With Quote