Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-23, 02:07   Link #61
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

Send a message via ICQ to RedEyes Send a message via MSN to RedEyes
Well you're new, so I don't blame you for not knowing the rules, but the anime is licenced so you can't ask us for downloads.
Old 2004-11-23, 11:00   Link #62
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

What's funnier is there's a huge delete sticky at the top of this forum saying "It's licenced, don't ask where to download it." hehe. *sigh* Nobody reads the rules anymore. -_-
Old 2004-11-23, 11:10   Link #63
Kouji
StrykerX

sakuya87. You technically can't get it on BT (let alone AnimeSuki) anymore, as the anime's bee licensed a long time ago. And please, try to stay focused on the main topic at hand hmm?
Old 2004-11-23, 18:38   Link #64
defunct
Expendable Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
sakuya87. You technically can't get it on BT (let alone AnimeSuki) anymore, as the anime's bee licensed a long time ago. And please, try to stay focused on the main topic at hand hmm?
The irony of this post is that technically you're off the main topic at hand too :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Well, ya know, defunct makes a good point. And it gets me to thinking. Robin is the only one that joined the crew who WASN'T invited. In fact she really wasn't wanted at first. Now if Luffy does something to allow robin to redeam herself or saves her from her horrible life, possible the life trapped in CP9, then I think she will have earned her invitation because it's pretty apparent that while Luffy didn't want her to begin with, he's going to fight to keep her now which means she's as good as invited now which belays her earlier lack of it. Or something like that. Every crewmember who is a part of Luffy's crew has to be invited. Robin will get hers, if not a tad bit late and in a somewhat unorthodox manor.
It'd be pretty interesting if she didn't have a horrible life at all. We need a crewmember that doesn't have some sort of horrible life-changing event in their life. And back to my previous post, thats basically what Robin and the CP9 did to Iceberg too. They got close to Iceberg (except Robin and the bartender) and joined the Galley-La gaining Iceberg's trust and erasing any shadow of a doubt that they'd be trustworthy successors.
Old 2004-11-23, 20:54   Link #65
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by defunct
It'd be pretty interesting if she didn't have a horrible life at all. We need a crewmember that doesn't have some sort of horrible life-changing event in their life. And back to my previous post, thats basically what Robin and the CP9 did to Iceberg too. They got close to Iceberg (except Robin and the bartender) and joined the Galley-La gaining Iceberg's trust and erasing any shadow of a doubt that they'd be trustworthy successors.
Luffy and Ussop don't have a horrible life changing event in their lives...
Old 2004-11-23, 21:08   Link #66
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

Ussop does but not Luffy
Old 2004-11-23, 23:37   Link #67
Jn183

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyes
Ussop does but not Luffy
I think Luffy has one too. Realizing how weak he is and causing Shanks to lose an arm could consider a like changing event. Remember he is a little kid seeing his hero arm got rip right before his eyes would be quite dramatic.:?
Old 2004-11-24, 00:07   Link #68
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Most definately. I fully agree. If I saw that at the age he was at, you can bet it'd change me too. T_T

On a side note, the sudden lack of information coming out of the Oda camp is totally driving me up a wall. I used to enjoy the occational tidbit leaks about what was coming up and all, but not there isn't jack. Not one bloody clue. It's annoying. Oda, hurry up and get us the next chapter! You're killing us with the suspence!! X_X
Old 2004-11-24, 02:24   Link #69
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

If I hear correctly... the next chapter will be out next week.
I really hope I'm wrong...
Old 2004-11-24, 05:17   Link #70
Yoska
フランキー

The break was already. Besides the Jump's preview says there will be a chapter this week hence we should get it in few days.

Edit: Apparently Oda got married, congrats.

Last edited by Yoska; 2004-11-24 at 05:40.
Old 2004-11-24, 11:30   Link #71
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Eh??? Oda got married?? Woh, congrats are definately in order.

(it might also explain the sudden lack of info leaking out of the Oda camp)
Old 2004-11-24, 16:53   Link #72
defunct
Expendable Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Luffy and Ussop don't have a horrible life changing event in their lives...
Luffy's "childhood hero (if you can call him that)" got his arm ripped off right in front of him and it was all his fault.

As for Usopp.. i'm not so sure about the fact that his dad abandoned him to be a pirate (i think it even encouraged usopp even more), but I guess you could call that whole boy who cried wolf, and Kuro incident one. Plus, I think it'd be life-traumatizing if the only friends I had were three snotty little kids named after food condiments.
Old 2004-11-25, 01:55   Link #73
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by defunct
Luffy's "childhood hero (if you can call him that)" got his arm ripped off right in front of him and it was all his fault.

As for Usopp.. i'm not so sure about the fact that his dad abandoned him to be a pirate (i think it even encouraged usopp even more), but I guess you could call that whole boy who cried wolf, and Kuro incident one. Plus, I think it'd be life-traumatizing if the only friends I had were three snotty little kids named after food condiments.
Well really every single person has some kind of bad moments, those moments aren't necessaraly traumatic or anything like that.
Old 2004-11-25, 03:12   Link #74
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

I don't really think that arm ripping thing really changed Luffy's life. He was going to become the greatest pirate before Shanks got his arms eaten. However, it did change his relationship with Shanks, they are more *close now after this event.

For Ussop though, it's because his father went out to become a pirate/brave warrior and his mother admiring him even at the last moment, that he decided he will follow, remember his flashback? He was crying and saying "I'll become a great pirate just like my dad" or something along the line like that. So that definitely changed his life.
Closed Thread