AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2015-01-30, 00:57   Link #7621
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I learned while filing my taxes that I qualify for SNAP food stamps, should I get them or should I just avoid them?
Old 2015-01-30, 01:37   Link #7622
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I learned while filing my taxes that I qualify for SNAP food stamps, should I get them or should I just avoid them?
If you qualify, then get it.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 07:29   Link #7623
HasuMasu
*Artist

Do spiders have any natural predators I can reasonably pick up at a pet store?

I'd Google this, but there'd probably be pictures of spiders.

I thought of starting a fire and smoking them out, but then what? It's a bad idea...how is that even supposed to work in the first place...
Old 2015-02-13, 13:14   Link #7624
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasuMasu View Post
Do spiders have any natural predators I can reasonably pick up at a pet store?

I'd Google this, but there'd probably be pictures of spiders.
You should have tried it anyway. You might have found this if you did:http://pestcontrol.about.com/od/diys...-Predators.htm

And if you want to use more forceful methods: http://pestcontrol.about.com/od/diys...Of-Spiders.htm
Old 2015-02-13, 15:20   Link #7625
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Edit #2: Problem solved on my mouse. A hard pound on the left clicker fixed it...who would have thought...

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”

Last edited by barcode120x; 2015-02-13 at 17:51.
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 09:43   Link #7626
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
You should have tried it anyway. You might have found this if you did:http://pestcontrol.about.com/od/diys...-Predators.htm

And if you want to use more forceful methods: http://pestcontrol.about.com/od/diys...Of-Spiders.htm
Thanks! I'm glad we have some friendly lizards...
Old 2015-02-16, 16:41   Link #7627
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Anyone a bit knowledgeable on scientific report/ thesis writing?

You know when it comes to thesis or scientific report writing, the orthodox method is going with the Introduction-Methodology-Result-Discussion. So let's just say i want to create a cat girl. I will state the reason why we all want cat girl. And so we do it by opening a Dark Portal to 5th dimension and summon one out. And the result is a perfectly healthy cat girl that loves her master very much. So on and so on. I think that's the clearest way to present your results and what you do to get there .

But what i want is more on presenting how much works we did to get that cat girl in first place,a and how much critical thinking and different approaches we have tried. So for example, we tried to attach cat ears to girls first, and how we did it. Didn't work out. But that made us rethinking and re-approach the process as appearances alone is not what made cat girl in the first place. Then we go with ADN altering, which provided some results, but the resulted cat girl acted either too much like cat , or 3D girls, which is not what we want. So we end up going with dark art and summon one directly from source. You know basically a bit on story-telling format.

So what i want to know is whether there is an actual format for that? Because the only way i could think of is:
  • Basic Introduction
  • Basic methodology
  • Chapter 1: obtaining cat girl through surgery (then go into more detail introduction on why we are doing this, what is the reason we uses this approach, results, etc)
  • Chapter 2: obtaining cat girl through DNA altering (go on detail about everything again, same as above)
  • Chapter 3: obtaining cat girl through dark magic
  • Conclusion
... which is basically a combinations of 3 standard reports, with some basic introduction at the start, and sum up at the end
Old 2015-02-17, 04:18   Link #7628
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

You know when it comes to thesis or scientific report writing, the orthodox method is going with the Introduction-Methodology-Result-Discussion. So let's just say i want to create a cat girl. I will state the reason why we all want cat girl. And so we do it by opening a Dark Portal to 5th dimension and summon one out. And the result is a perfectly healthy cat girl that loves her master very much. So on and so on. I think that's the clearest way to present your results and what you do to get there .

But what i want is more on presenting how much works we did to get that cat girl in first place,a and how much critical thinking and different approaches we have tried. So for example, we tried to attach cat ears to girls first, and how we did it. Didn't work out. But that made us rethinking and re-approach the process as appearances alone is not what made cat girl in the first place. Then we go with ADN altering, which provided some results, but the resulted cat girl acted either too much like cat , or 3D girls, which is not what we want. So we end up going with dark art and summon one directly from source. You know basically a bit on story-telling format.

So what i want to know is whether there is an actual format for that? Because the only way i could think of is:
  • Basic Introduction
  • Basic methodology
  • Chapter 1: obtaining cat girl through surgery (then go into more detail introduction on why we are doing this, what is the reason we uses this approach, results, etc)
  • Chapter 2: obtaining cat girl through DNA altering (go on detail about everything again, same as above)
  • Conclusion
... which is basically a combinations of 3 standard reports, with some basic introduction at the start, and sum up at the end
One (just one) of the ways to do this is :

1.) Abstract
2.) Introduction - expand on abstract + why its important + state your hypothesis briefly
3.) Literature review - what other people have done ( or have not done), why they did it + how you plan on adding to what others have done ( or not done)
4.) hypothesis : formally state your hypothesis and what its about
5.) methodology - state hypothesis again, and how you're going to go about it. if you have multiple cases, outline the multiple cases
6.) observations/results - observations on each of your cases
7.) discussion - what is the meaning behind what you've observed
8.) caveats
9.) conclusion
10.) appendix
11.) references

Last edited by oompa loompa; 2015-02-17 at 04:52.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 07:18   Link #7629
HasuMasu
*Artist

How come Desmos and Wolfram Alpha give different graphs...of the same function?
Old 2015-02-17, 07:34   Link #7630
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

• Basic Introduction
  • Basic methodology
  • Conclusion
If its for some kind of creative writing assignment (or fan fic/writing) then that type of report will suffice because you only need it to be palettable.

If its for an actual assignment then choose a different topic because we don't all want a cat girl, cats are evil and a cat girl would weird most of us out. (Ignoring the practical limitations of doing so).

Seriously, your format is fine but I am curious as to why you are asking this question.
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 07:39   Link #7631
HasuMasu
*Artist

The cat girl is probably just a placeholder for whatever the actual topic is. (...I'd be glad to be wrong though )
Old 2015-02-17, 07:40   Link #7632
Alistar

How can I terminate my account and all traces of it and delete all of the posts I have made? Thanks for the help.
Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 08:33   Link #7633
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
The cat girl is probably just a placeholder for whatever the actual topic is. (...I'd be glad to be wrong though )
Well, on the off chance that this is a serious assignment, I'd like to point out that its actually being approached all wrong.

Firstly, you need an island, preferably with a feature volcano with your actual face carved into it. This is very important, it notifies those who may find it, such as the worlds governments, that this is a secret base and should be respected as such.

Then you need a base with various labs to be constructed within the volcano itself, no matter how logistically impossible.

Then you need a crew of scientists of questionable moral value and a group of henchmen. Its important that these henchmen are unskilled in case any have a to hero's pop up to put an end to your dastardly plans.

Once those steps are complete, you're ready to begin your report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
How can I terminate my account and all traces of it and delete all of the posts I have made? Thanks for the help.
Contact a mod?
Old 2015-02-17, 10:04   Link #7634
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Yeah it's just a place holder. Of course i'm not working on manufacturing cat girl...

(the actual project was to train killer loli. But it's a top top secret, alright? If you let the word out, I may have to send one knocking on your door...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
One (just one) of the ways to do this is :

1.) Abstract
2.) Introduction - expand on abstract + why its important + state your hypothesis briefly
3.) Literature review - what other people have done ( or have not done), why they did it + how you plan on adding to what others have done ( or not done)
4.) hypothesis : formally state your hypothesis and what its about
5.) methodology - state hypothesis again, and how you're going to go about it. if you have multiple cases, outline the multiple cases
6.) observations/results - observations on each of your cases
7.) discussion - what is the meaning behind what you've observed
8.) caveats
9.) conclusion
10.) appendix
11.) references
My issue is, i want to go with present the experiment. State and discuss the results. Then plan another experiment based on that result (with new methodology and etc). Discuss the result. Then plan a third experiment, and explain the reason behind the planning, and then discuss the results.

I don't want to pretend that i have planned everything out, and it worked just as plan all the way since day one. I want to show that i have to reassess the situation before i plan the next step.
Old 2015-02-18, 09:00   Link #7635
HasuMasu
*Artist

Something...is going on with Windows 8.1...it says I lost ntasn1.dll but Google just gives results from shady-looking places...

What's going on?
Old 2015-02-18, 14:54   Link #7636
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Something...is going on with Windows 8.1...it says I lost ntasn1.dll but Google just gives results from shady-looking places...

What's going on?
Do you have a screenshot of the error message?
A quick search in my System32 folder tells me that dll manages the Microsoft ASN.1 API.
If it's a legit message, and the computer is still useable, you should be able to run the Command Prompt as an administrator, and use the following commands:
sfc scannow
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
You may need to run sfc /scannow a second time if it doesn't find any issues (making sure you've run the DISM command after the first SFC scan).

Otherwise, you may consider Refreshing or Resetting your PC. Make sure your PC has a recovery partition or you've got an installation DVD or USB.

It would be wise if you made a system image backup before you try any of the above.
Old 2015-02-19, 03:23   Link #7637
HasuMasu
*Artist

Images
error
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

From those forum links...it works the same for 8.1? If so...I will try...

EDIT: FIXED thanks

Last edited by HasuMasu; 2015-02-21 at 02:12.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 10:50   Link #7638
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Is there a way to mount a TV without bracket and screws?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 17:10   Link #7639
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Is there a way to mount a TV without bracket and screws?
Probably, but personally unless you want to risk a very broken TV, I'd recommend the brackets and screws.

Why do you want to avoid the brackets and screws?
Old 2015-02-21, 02:25   Link #7640
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
Probably, but personally unless you want to risk a very broken TV, I'd recommend the brackets and screws.

Why do you want to avoid the brackets and screws?
Tenancy agreements.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious