AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-29, 06:56   Link #2281
NextTime

For some reason I wonder what Rivalz and Milly were thinking when they saw Lelouch die.
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:02   Link #2282
FreezeGeass

I wonder what everyone was thinking when Lelouch died, even the prisoners looked like they were freaking out right before Zero ran him through with the sword. I don't know if they were hyped to see Zero or sad to see Lelouch get killed.

As for if Lelouch is dead...I know I posted this earlier, but I'll post it again since this thread fills up with new posts so rapidly for some more responses.

Lelouch is, most definitely, alive at the end of the show. As several others have mentioned, it would appear that CC's Code was transferred to Lelouch upon his death, which also triggered the memory transfer to Nunnaly, similar to how CC transferred to Lelouch's in an earlier episode. Someone brought up that no real pact was made to justify such a transfer, but then again, I don't believe we're ever told that such a pact is necessary for a Code to transfer. Others have stated that transferring Code means the previous owner dies; false. Transferring Code only means the previous owner becomes mortal. VV died because of sustaining mortal injuries prior to transferring that killed him after transferring, and the nun died of her own will. Finally, the intentional blocking of the driver's features, his gentleman-style clothing which does not befit a farmer, and the INTENTIONAL camera pan up purposely revealing a side of the driver are far too obvious nods to an identity being kept hidden. CC is speaking to him, and as said earlier (rough paraphrasing here): "Geass, the power of kings, causes isolation to its user...well, I guess that's not entirely true, eh Lelouch?". She even tilts her head up slightly as if speaking to the person in front of the cart. The signs were subtle enough to make it not blatantly seem that Lelouch was still alive, but enough to spot for those who looked twice for them.

keypoints here:
-code transfer for Lelouch immortality
-code transfer doesn't mean previous owner dies, just becomes mortal
-blocking of driver's features and camera pan close up on driver's side too intentional, not a technique one uses for an obscure no-name cart driver
-CC's final line, directed towards lelouch, about geass not causing isolation after all

The biggest, most undeniable giveaway is the camera work. It is done in a way to purposely draw attention towards the driver, but simultaneously not enough to show who he is and keep his identity hidden. Combined with the slight head tilt and delivered line from CC, it's a done deal.
FreezeGeass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:05   Link #2283
don1235

Code TRansfer

But if CC transfer her code, does it mean that she will lose her memory like V V?
don1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:05   Link #2284
Kagetsuchi
Where's my Heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezegeass View Post
i wonder what everyone was thinking when lelouch died, even the prisoners looked like they were freaking out right before zero ran him through with the sword. I don't know if they were hyped to see zero or sad to see lelouch get killed.

As for if lelouch is dead...i know i posted this earlier, but i'll post it again since this thread fills up with new posts so rapidly for some more responses.

Lelouch is, most definitely, alive at the end of the show. As several others have mentioned, it would appear that cc's code was transferred to lelouch upon his death, which also triggered the memory transfer to nunnaly, similar to how cc transferred to lelouch's in an earlier episode. Someone brought up that no real pact was made to justify such a transfer, but then again, i don't believe we're ever told that such a pact is necessary for a code to transfer. Others have stated that transferring code means the previous owner dies; false. Transferring code only means the previous owner becomes mortal. Vv died because of sustaining mortal injuries prior to transferring that killed him after transferring, and the nun died of her own will. Finally, the intentional blocking of the driver's features, his gentleman-style clothing which does not befit a farmer, and the intentional camera pan up purposely revealing a side of the driver are far too obvious nods to an identity being kept hidden. Cc is speaking to him, and as said earlier (rough paraphrasing here): "geass, the power of kings, causes isolation to its user...well, i guess that's not entirely true, eh lelouch?". She even tilts her head up slightly as if speaking to the person in front of the cart. The signs were subtle enough to make it not blatantly seem that lelouch was still alive, but enough to spot for those who looked twice for them.

Keypoints here:
-code transfer for lelouch immortality
-code transfer doesn't mean previous owner dies, just becomes mortal
-blocking of driver's features and camera pan close up on driver's side too intentional, not a technique one uses for an obscure no-name cart driver
-cc's final line, directed towards lelouch, about geass not causing isolation after all
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!!!??

Maybe your over thinking things a tiny bit? I mean i finally get a anime with a satisfactory ending and you wanna make speculations that lulu is alive...

Well anyhow if he's alive or not i don't want another season it ended better then any anime i've seen other then evangellion.

And i don't believe V.V lost his memory he kinda just died.
Old 2008-09-29, 07:10   Link #2285
FreezeGeass

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1235 View Post
But if CC transfer her code, does it mean that she will lose her memory like V V?
Not too clear on this, I thought VV has his memory still after transferring the Code? Either way, a lot of arguments have been put forth to dispell the Code transferr theory but the problem is that the show's makers never definitively explained how the Code works, how dying with a Code works, how long it takes to resurrect, etc. The mechanisms of the Code were left ambiguous enough for it to be plausible that Lelouch did in fact receive CC's.

For instance, I believe it was stated that CC died in Gawain fighting Sigfried. We never do see her death or her return...she just comes back at a later time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagetsuchi View Post
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!!!??

Maybe your over thinking things a tiny bit?
Not really, I hate people that overthink endings. His being alive at the end of the show is subtle, but noticeable enough if you pay attention. Else, the writes would have excluded being ambiguous about the driver's face and drawn some random old man's in, and cut the delivered line and headtilt forward from CC. None of the naysayers can dispute that far too much attention was drawn to keeping the cart driver anonymous but on-screen at the same time.
Old 2008-09-29, 07:11   Link #2286
Loc
curious

The second half of this episode was beautiful. The death of Lelouch was fitting. To me, the death scene, like Shirleys death, was a nice contrast to the whole season. The overall plot was really hard to follow in detail and had some really weird twists, but these two scenes let the viewers get into the mood. So, i think, if anybody asks me in two years, what i remember about Code Geass, it would be these two scenes.

However, i need answers to some questions:

1. You get Code in exchange for Geass to become immune to Geass. How can Lelouch have both, when he got Code by CC or his father or whatever?

2. Why is Nunnally not blind? Was her blindness a charrade by her or did she get her eyesight back? Maybe I have overseen something.

3. What is that necklace, Kallen is wearing at the end of episode 25?
Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:11   Link #2287
bran
h e a d s h o t

well there's a lelouch

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:14   Link #2288
don1235

Code TRansfer

When Charles took VV's code. VV appears confused. His memory was back to a kid when he made the promise with Charles. Then when CC locked up her code, she became a child. It appears that their memory will be back to the time when they took the code.
don1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:15   Link #2289
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
2. Why is Nunnally not blind? Was her blindness a charrade by her or did she get her eyesight back? Maybe I have overseen something.

nunally was never really blind she was geassed to believe so

the necklace is the Guren key

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:16   Link #2290
FreezeGeass

Wasn't Nunnaly also Geass'd to believe she was paralyzed? What happened with that?
Old 2008-09-29, 07:20   Link #2291
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
However, i need answers to some questions:

1. You get Code in exchange for Geass to become immune to Geass. How can Lelouch have both, when he got Code by CC or his father or whatever?

1. Technicly, you lose the geass you got if you take the code from the person who gave it to you. If Lulu took Charles' code, he might have ended up with a code AND a geass. Code Geass R2/R.R.

2. Nunnally was never really blind, just geassed into thinking she was, and therefore never tried to see. And the paralisys was not because of the geass, but because of her wounds. She DID get shot in the legs, just didn't go blind from them

3. That is the key to the Gurren
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:20   Link #2292
Kagetsuchi
Where's my Heart?

Watch the ending 5times Head tilt!!? What head till you mean the nod she looked up at the Sky!!? Seriously if lulu was their wouldn't the nod be down towards the front of the caravan thing?

Some one make a gift of the head tilt because to me its just not their.
Old 2008-09-29, 07:23   Link #2293
mr.questionguy
Banned

hey u guys,my three questions from before seem to have been ignored,so i'll try again:

1.what is C.C's real name??(seriously they SHOULD have atleast told us her name as a farewell gift)

2.When did C.C kiss Lelouch?(it was there in the last episode,it was one of his many flashbacks,if i missed in some episode,plz tell me!)

On a side note,i was so scyched up with Lelouch x Kallen, T.T looks like their "feelings" were casually brushed off,atleast Kallen doesnt seem to be sad or anything.Now it looks like it will be C.C x Lulu,judging from what everyone is saying about that cavaran scene.
mr.questionguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:23   Link #2294
DmonHiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagetsuchi View Post
Watch the ending 5times Head tilt!!? What head till you mean the nod she looked up at the Sky!!? Seriously if lulu was their wouldn't the nod be down towards the front of the caravan thing?

Some one make a gift of the head tilt because to me its just not their.
Well no. She's sitting with her back to Lulu ..... I mean to the driver, so to nod in his direction she would need to tilt her head up.
Old 2008-09-29, 07:24   Link #2295
Kagetsuchi
Where's my Heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
Lelouch's death make Lelouch and Code Geass more epic. Lelouch's death makes Lelouch heroic like in batman.
By the way.

Epic post is Epic.
Old 2008-09-29, 07:25   Link #2296
DmonHiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.questionguy View Post
hey u guys,my three questions from before seem to have been ignored,so i'll try again:

1.what is C.C's real name??(seriously they SHOULD have atleast told us her name as a farewell gift)

2.When did C.C kiss Lelouch?(it was there in the last episode,it was one of his many flashbacks,if i missed in some episode,plz tell me!)

On a side note,i was so scyched up with Lelouch x Kallen, T.T looks like their "feelings" were casually brushed off,atleast Kallen doesnt seem to be sad or anything.Now it looks like it will be C.C x Lulu,judging from what everyone is saying about that cavaran scene.

1. Most likely....it's in the Picture Dramas....even more likely....the LAST one

2. They kissed in season 1, last episode, before Lulu went and meet Suzaku, and C.C. faced the Sigfried
Old 2008-09-29, 07:26   Link #2297
FreezeGeass

Have you ever been lying on your back and wanted to direct your speech towards someone in front of you? You would do the same thing CC did, a slight tilt upwards of the head and eyes. If I knew how to make a gif I would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyGoChsIcwQ

At 7:27 her head is in the normal position. By 7:30 it has been moved upward in accordance with her redirecting her speech towards Lelouch, as well as her eyes.

But again, this isn't the definitive argument in and of itself. It only solidifies things in context with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeGeass View Post
None of the naysayers can dispute that far too much attention was drawn to keeping the cart driver anonymous but on-screen at the same time.
Old 2008-09-29, 07:26   Link #2298
mr.questionguy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
1. Most likely....it's in the Picture Dramas....even more likely....the LAST one

2. They kissed in season 1, last episode, before Lulu went and meet Suzaku, and C.C. faced the Sigfried
Thanks man,appreciate it.
mr.questionguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:27   Link #2299
Loc
curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
thanks. the plot is really a brainer. It's nice to have an intelligent story, but it is too hard to get it all together. That's typical for a Sunrise Production, but i think they overdid it this time. I should eat more of Anyas oranges to get some vitamines for my brain.
Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:28   Link #2300
Kagetsuchi
Where's my Heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeGeass View Post
Have you ever been lying on your back and wanted to direct your speech towards someone in front of you? You would do the same thing CC did, a slight tilt upwards of the head and eyes. If I knew how to make a gif I would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyGoChsIcwQ

At 7:27 her head is in the normal position. By 7:30 it has been moved upward in accordance with her redirecting her speech towards Lelouch.

But again, this isn't the definitive argument in and of itself. It only solidifies things in context with this:
Dude that looks like the sky...............I mean really you know those anime clichè when they are thinking deeply and they look at the sky for no reason i think its one of those.

Or better yet its in reference to heaven or something inno but if some one is behind you you don't look up unless their standing over you.