AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 42 47.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 28.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 15.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-10, 05:13   Link #81
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophrosyne View Post

Wasn't she more afraid of getting her new image stained?
Yeah; it's just that GMT wanted to work in a Metalocalypse reference in there.

--EDIT--

Just rewatched the episode with CoalGuy's subtitles... After the opening credits, when Sawako was mentioning her day to the girls, she mentioned that she drove a student back home at lunch time due to some sort of medical condition. CoalGuy's subtitles said "amnesia", which I highly doubt is the case. Not that I'm nitpicking or anything, but could someone clarify what was up with the student?

--EDIT - ROUND 2--

Sawako's fears about her being outed as a former death metal musician did remind me of a news article I read a couple of months ago when a German school fired a teacher just for being a guitarist/frontman for a death metal band.

Last edited by OZ7UP; 2010-06-10 at 07:54.
Old 2010-06-10, 08:15   Link #82
rikolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ7UP View Post
Just rewatched the episode with CoalGuy's subtitles... After the opening credits, when Sawako was mentioning her day to the girls, she mentioned that she drove a student back home at lunch time due to some sort of medical condition. CoalGuy's subtitles said "amnesia", which I highly doubt is the case. Not that I'm nitpicking or anything, but could someone clarify what was up with the student?
Uh, I guess it's anemia? That's the closest I can think of.
Old 2010-06-10, 08:30   Link #83
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ7UP View Post
Sawako's fears about her being outed as a former death metal musician did remind me of a news article I read a couple of months ago when a German school fired a teacher just for being a guitarist/frontman for a death metal band.
Sawako isn't worried about being fired. She just doesn't want people to associate her old image with her present self as a teacher. A lot of the teachers she works with now should know her past, since she did go to the same school, so it's not like people don't know. She just doesn't want the students to know. It's bad enough that her students are starting to call her Sawa-chan.
Old 2010-06-10, 08:38   Link #84
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Sawako isn't worried about being fired. She just doesn't want people to associate her old image with her present self as a teacher. A lot of the teachers she works with now should know her past, since she did go to the same school, so it's not like people don't know. She just doesn't want the students to know. It's bad enough that her students are starting to call her Sawa-chan.
In general, yes. I was just referring to the train of thought that Sawako had shortly before "Christina"/Nurimi called regarding her students suddenly picking up on the whole death metal culture. After all, it doesn't hurt to point out another possible reason for her desire to keep her metal past a secret.

Not sure if I was the first one to notice it, but Yui wasn't wearing her tights with her uniform throughout the episode...
Old 2010-06-10, 08:45   Link #85
kitten320

I ahve a question towards those who are experienced in music, did Christine really play something that hard back then in the small cafe? Didn't seem anything big but everyone got impressed, was she playing some hard notes?
Old 2010-06-10, 08:55   Link #86
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Good grief, how many times have I posted in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I ahve a question towards those who are experienced in music, did Christine really play something that hard back then in the small cafe? Didn't seem anything big but everyone got impressed, was she playing some hard notes?
Most other guitarists would say it's easy to play. Normally, I'd say "yes" as well, if it weren't for two things:

1.) I'm more of a bassist than a guitarist, and

2.) even as a guitarist, my fretting hand is too used to playing power chords, and I find it hard to play any other type of chords...
Old 2010-06-10, 09:43   Link #87
itzglez
♫♫♪

Quote:
Did some more Sawako print shots:
Spoiler for space:
OMG! this is late since i only started reading comments...

~gasps...~ can I take Sawa-chan home now if no one minds that is
Old 2010-06-10, 09:44   Link #88
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
The girls of HTT are just a bit star-struck by 'Christine/Christina,' former member of their high school's light music club, back when they put out thrash metal. They're probably impressed by the fact that she's willing to hang out with them, and that she can just take Yui's guitar and play it like she does. In spite of the fact that she's presumably 'grown up' and has a respectable day job.
Old 2010-06-10, 09:54   Link #89
kitten320

^But they did say that she might be playing better than Sawako, though it doesn't seem that way for me. But it isn't that important, I was just curiouse so thanks everyone for answers^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzglez View Post
OMG! this is late since i only started reading comments...

~gasps...~ can I take Sawa-chan home now if no one minds that is
I sure as hell would mind if I had a different gender
Seriously, the guy who dumped her was an idiot.

If you promise to be nice to her, I'll let you be^^
Old 2010-06-10, 10:11   Link #90
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Okay.

Why is everybody calling Sawako a death metal artist when it's pretty clear she isn't playing death metal? Is it the band name? I mean really, it's obvious 80's trash metal.
Old 2010-06-10, 11:06   Link #91
kitten320

It's still metal, and the groupe is named Death something. Combine it and we get Sawako a death metal.

Besides I liked this song, saw nothing horrible in it. Was better than some K-ON songs.
Old 2010-06-10, 11:21   Link #92
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I still say it's closer to Hair/Glam metal than anything else. Besides there wasn't anything "death" about that song to even remotely call it death metal.

Edit - Fine for definition's sake:

Death Metal
Glam Metal
Old 2010-06-10, 11:49   Link #93
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Yeah their appearance was really glam metal, but I found the sound more trash, though glam can be pretty shredding as well.
Old 2010-06-10, 11:57   Link #94
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well to me while they did have the Glam look the sound was more of speed/thrash metal, though I think I heard power metal chords somewhere in there.
Old 2010-06-10, 12:05   Link #95
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

This might just have been one of their toned down songs for the wedding. Sawako's introduction as a metal "light" music club member last season gave more a death metal feel with the costumes and verbage used on the one tape we did hear (out of Mio's casette player).

Perception more than actual facts.
Old 2010-06-10, 12:22   Link #96
Squawks
PSI you from behind

I just hope KyoAni will release this version on her second character CD. It will probably be the only good character CD from the K-ON franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well to me while they did have the Glam look the sound was more of speed/thrash metal, though I think I heard power metal chords somewhere in there.
Pretty much, though the intro solo sounded more speed/neo classical to me. I loved the closing part, that was such a face melter.

Last edited by Squawks; 2010-06-10 at 12:37.
Old 2010-06-10, 12:37   Link #97
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I supposed that we might get a different feel if Sawako once again dons her mask. I would like to see how the HTT gals would adopt to that sort of environment.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2010-06-10, 13:39   Link #98
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks View Post
I just hope KyoAni will release this version on her second character CD. It will probably be the only good character CD from the K-ON franchise.
This song is out in two weeks from now, actually.

And yes, this song was probably made for the wedding (given the title "LOVE"), so the lyrical theme of the band itself may be misleading.
Old 2010-06-10, 13:46   Link #99
Squawks
PSI you from behind

How was it misleading actually? It was pretty clear that Sawako was singing about love. :x
Old 2010-06-10, 14:01   Link #100
kitten320

Can't wait for this song, didn't bother with other characters songs but I would like to have this one