AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2015-11-28, 17:11   Link #3641
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayaka's sandbag View Post
Nothing said? Well, you don't always need words, in this case actions speak louder than words.
You're missing the point. All I'm saying is that until they make an official announcement, a new series isn't confirmed.

That's all, so let's move on.
Old 2015-11-28, 17:32   Link #3642
woxx

Quote:
Not to mention two more Madogatari events, you can bet that if there's an announcement then they'll want to string it out a bit to draw attention to the events.
If they came out and stated "Oh yeah, Madoka sequel confirmed!" on the first day of the first event then they'd lose media coverage and attention over the duration of the Madogatari exhibitions.
It's the same event in different cities. I doubt anything will be changed.

I'm sure more Madoka will come eventually, if something like ww3 won't happen. Otherwise shaft will become poor, because Madoka and Monogatari are their only successful series. But I really don't like when people are so overhyped, while literally nothing has been confirmed yet. So much hype leads to much more disappointment for you later.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-28, 17:56   Link #3643
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcane87 View Post
About that, there's a Madoka☆Magica TALK STAGE tomorrow night (Japanese time), so we may get a formal announcement then.
Quote:
Not to mention two more Madogatari events, you can bet that if there's an announcement then they'll want to string it out a bit to draw attention to the events.
If they came out and stated "Oh yeah, Madoka sequel confirmed!" on the first day of the first event then they'd lose media coverage and attention over the duration of the Madogatari exhibitions.
Thanks to both of you for the info and the good points. Yes, if there is to be a full-fledged formal announcement of more Madoka, saving it for one of the last events would make the most sense.

If nothing else, this shows that SHAFT certainly hasn't forgotten Madoka, and that there's a good chance we'll get more Madoka anime in one form or another in the future. But like Kazu-kun said, nothing concrete, at least not yet.
Old 2015-12-01, 15:29   Link #3644
ilcane87

Concept movie script and translation:

Quote:
http://w0s.jp/diary/445

Madoka & Homura - What could happiness be?
Madoka - That is, May's bright sunshine.
Homura - That is, a warm family.
Madoka - Sunny-side up eggs for breakfast.
Madoka & Homura - But, there is none of that in Heaven.
Madoka & Homura - What could happiness be?
Homura - That is, being called by anyone.
Madoka - That is, being able to call anyone.
Homura - That is, being taken into account by anyone.
Madoka & Homura - Not a single one of those things are available to God.
Homura - Lizard Girl thought to herself that she pitied God very much.
Madoka - So Lizard Girl tore God into half and took away one part from Heaven to bring it to Earth.
Homura - Even something so cruel can be a gentle shining light, and to meet amidst of darkness is... too dazzling.

<Guessing this is a change of scene>

Person A - Recently there are a lot of cats, huh?
Person B - But among those cats there are a lot of dead ones.
Person A - How can you tell apart the dead cats from the live ones?

<Change of scene again?>

Kyouko - Among things I cannot forgive are people that turn towards to others for reasons they don't understand.

<Sayaka reading runes here>

Sayaka - Are you kidding me? What is the meaning of this? Why can I read these characters?

Hitomi - Surely, that is something that should not be talked about. If you don't leave the blessing of magic as secret, wouldn't that cause its effect to disappear?

Nagisa - This smells like a conspiracy!

Kyuubey - Why me? Something like that wouldn't hold any merit, right?

Mami - You've only been keeping things to yourself all along, haven't you?

Homura - Are you saying you're going to stand in my way?

Madoka - You don't have to resent anyone anymore. You... Me... (this can be translated in many ways depending on the words that follow it, if I'd have to guess, Madoka was about to say that she'll be with Homura, or something along those lines)

Madoka - Will you save me? Will you save me too, Fairies?
ilcane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 18:19   Link #3645
woxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcane87 View Post
Concept movie script and translation:
Who could fairies be?(in plural form)

Icubators? They lost to Akuma, they most likely are "dead cats." She is using them somehow to collect curses, their race is probably dying and don't have impact anymore.
And incubator was alwayas alone, when he need to talk.

I think fairies might be development of Homura's dolls. They were hardly noticable in Rebellion, but left probably most of questions.
Old 2015-12-01, 18:46   Link #3646
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Person A - Recently there are a lot of cats, huh?
Person B - But among those cats there are a lot of dead ones.
Person A - How can you tell apart the dead cats from the live ones?
Definitely a Schrodinger's reference.
Old 2015-12-01, 19:04   Link #3647
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Who could fairies be?
Fairy most likely refers to Kyubey. He's specifically called that way in one of the spin-off manga.
Old 2015-12-02, 01:55   Link #3648
woxx

Quote:
Madoka - Will you save me? Will you save me too, Fairies?
In original まどか「助けてくれるの? あなたたちも、妖精さん?」

妖精 - Yosei

フェアリー japanese "fairy" definition, there is nothing like that

It's more likely Yosei than Fairies (and clara dolls fit to yosei describtion perfectly). If Madoka referes to Homura in first questions, 妖精さん have to be her dolls. Why would she ask kyubey two times?
If she doesn't ask Homura, then i'm wrong.

more correct translation:
Madoka - Will you help me? And what about you, fairies(yosei)?

Last edited by woxx; 2015-12-02 at 02:54.
Old 2015-12-02, 02:53   Link #3649
Kazu-kun

Like I said, Kyubei has been called fairy (yosei) before, so I'm pretty sure it refers to him/them.
Old 2015-12-02, 03:18   Link #3650
woxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Like I said, Kyubei has been called fairy (yosei) before, so I'm pretty sure it refers to him/them.
In tv/movies he was always kyubey/incubator in singular form. And Madoka speaking with him contradicts Rebellion's ending. There was enough of this in TV and I don't think he will be relevant anymore especially after Rebellion where he was second main character after Homura. Maybe you are right, it doesn't really matter honestly.
Old 2015-12-02, 09:21   Link #3651
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Sayaka - Are you kidding me? What is the meaning of this? Why can I read these characters?

Hitomi - Surely, that is something that should not be talked about. If you don't leave the blessing of magic as secret, wouldn't that cause its effect to disappear?

Nagisa - This smells like a conspiracy!

Kyuubey - Why me? Something like that wouldn't hold any merit, right?

Mami - You've only been keeping things to yourself all along, haven't you?

Homura - Are you saying you're going to stand in my way?

Are these random lines, or are at least some of them cases of one character addressing the character that spoke before (i.e. is Hitomi addressing Sayaka, and is Mami addressing Kyuubey?)

If they're not all random lines, then maybe they point towards Sayaka reading something that constitutes a big reveal concerning Kyuubey and what the Incubators are capable of. Nagisa says "This smells like a conspiracy!" to what the Illuminators have been keeping secret. Hitomi is fearful of what letting this secret out might do. Mami is a little upset with Kyuubey for how he continually keeps secrets to himself.

Now, Homura's final line... perhaps this big secret is going to be used against her. Maybe by the Incubators, or maybe by one or more of the Puella Magi, or maybe by all of the above.

If it is the Incubators challenging Homura directly, then Madoka's "fairies" may well be referring to the Incubators, as Kazu-kun suspects. I guess it's possible that the fairies are referring to the clara dolls, if they decide to rebel against Homura, perhaps due to Kyubey's secret being revealed.

Finally, "fairies" might actually be referring to Sayaka and Nagisa, or even puella magi in general. God has angels, Madoka has fairies, if you catch my drift.

"Will you save me? Will you save me too, Fairies?" - My reading of that is that the Fairies aren't the first "you" here, given the "too" in the 2nd question. This line might mean "Will you save me (Kyubey)? Will you save me too, (Sayaka and Nagisa)?"
Old 2015-12-02, 09:23   Link #3652
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Well, this new movie possibility sounds promising. But please Shaft and Aniplex, if it turns out to be another TV series, please get Gen back for the whole thing. No more of this "write the first three eps and then hand the rest off to a bunch of hacks" like with Gargantia and Aldnoah.

And God help you if you get Tow Ubukata to take over.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 10:54   Link #3653
Kazu-kun

^ If they do make a new movie or tv series, I doubt Urobuchi will come back to write it. He was pretty clear about wanting to leave things to other writers.

Sure he could come back as an advisor or even as concept creator, but I really wouldn't expect him to come back as a script writer.

Just my two cents
Old 2015-12-02, 11:48   Link #3654
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
^ If they do make a new movie or tv series, I doubt Urobuchi will come back to write it. He was pretty clear about wanting to leave things to other writers.
I also remember Urobuchi saying something to that effect.

Still, wasn't his name attached to this recent concept movie? Perhaps Urobuchi has had a change of heart, and/or his work schedule has cleared up some?

I say that without knowing much about his current work, though. I recall him writing Kamen Rider recently, and maybe he's still doing that. I don't recall his name being associated with many anime shows lately.
Old 2015-12-02, 13:41   Link #3655
woxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
if they decide to rebel against Homura, perhaps due to Kyubey's secret being revealed.
Why would they? From this translation it seems like even Madoka isn't going to rebel against her.
Old 2015-12-02, 15:03   Link #3656
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Why would they? From this translation it seems like even Madoka isn't going to rebel against her.
Well, if there is a sequel, and it's not pure SoL, then there has to be some sort of conflict. So I'm keeping that in mind when I'm evaluating what's being quoted from this concept movie.

I suppose that the Incubators could be turned into the main threat again, but Rebellion seems to end with Homura much more in control than the Incubators are, so...

Don't get me wrong, it's certainly possible that Madoka and Homura "make up" in some fashion. But it could come as a way to resolve the main conflict of a sequel.
Old 2015-12-02, 16:54   Link #3657
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

The thing about the Lotus Eater is that you never know where reality ends and the dreams begin.
Old 2015-12-02, 17:03   Link #3658
woxx

Quote:
Well, if there is a sequel, and it's not pure SoL, then there has to be some sort of conflict. So I'm keeping that in mind when I'm evaluating what's being quoted from this concept movie.

I suppose that the Incubators could be turned into the main threat again, but Rebellion seems to end with Homura much more in control than the Incubators are, so...

Don't get me wrong, it's certainly possible that Madoka and Homura "make up" in some fashion. But it could come as a way to resolve the main conflict of a sequel.
Main conflict will probably be some threat caused by Homura's unstable world like witches+wraiths together. I would expect some plot twists like Madoka abandoning everyone for Homura alone. But I still hope they will never make a sequel, because without Urobuchi nothing really good can happen again.
Old 2015-12-02, 17:03   Link #3659
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I also remember Urobuchi saying something to that effect.

Still, wasn't his name attached to this recent concept movie? Perhaps Urobuchi has had a change of heart, and/or his work schedule has cleared up some?
I didn't hear anything about his name being attached to this movie. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he was credited as concept creator or advisor. I don't expect him to write though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
The thing about the Lotus Eater is that you never know where reality ends and the dreams begin.
Homura's world is not a Lotus Eather. That was the dream world inside her soul game. The world at the end of the movie is the real world, only rewritten by her magic.
Old 2015-12-02, 18:12   Link #3660
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
Main conflict will probably be some threat caused by Homura's unstable world like witches+wraiths together. I would expect some plot twists like Madoka abandoning everyone for Homura alone. But I still hope they will never make a sequel, because without Urobuchi nothing really good can happen again.
This stigma of "I hope they never make more Madoka because Urobuchi is the only one who can write a story for the series" is... Stupid, just plain and simply stupid. There are many other competent writers who could come in and take over writing the story, hell, Shinbo helped out with the ending of Rebellion with just a suggestion and it turned out to be excellent, oh wait... That's right, most (Vocal minority with ego issues) don't like the ending because "Oh, it ruins Homura's character", "IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!", "STOP MILKING THE SERIES!!!" ect ect.

Well tough tits any ways, a sequel will come even if you don't want it to, and to boot it'll more than likely have a new writer if Urobuchi commits to what he has said in the past by handing over the reigns to another writer, hell, I hope that Masaki Hiramatsu gets the role, Kazumi Magica's story is pretty fantastic, at least after 2nd volume.

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen