AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-30, 04:10   Link #441
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The new Magi PV is up: http://www.project-magi.com/movie/index.html

You can judge how the voices sound for yourselves.
I keep pressing the rep button to give you more reps duckroll, but nothing's happening :'(. Anyhoo, wow, Aladdin's voice reminds me of Urabe's voice from MGX. No altering made, sounds as natural as it can come from the VA, awesome .
Old 2012-09-30, 04:13   Link #442
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I keep pressing the rep button to give you more reps duckroll, but nothing's happening :'(. Anyhoo, wow, Aladdin's voice reminds me of Urabe's voice from MGX. No altering made, sounds as natural as it can come from the VA, awesome .
I don't enable rep. I appreciate the thought, but I post on forums to discuss topics of interest with others and share things which are of interest. If what I posted helped someone in some way, that's usually enough for me.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 04:15   Link #443
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Is it safe to name you leader of this thread? Sorry OPN, you're an awesome user for starting it, but Duckroll's the man with the plan .
Old 2012-09-30, 04:17   Link #444
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

hmm the OP seem more hot blooded than i predicted. while Magi is standard shonen. it noticeably less hot blooded than other shonen like naruto or one piece.

so who voice the narrator?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 04:28   Link #445
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

I love the cast for this, cool PV, and the voices sound great!
Old 2012-09-30, 05:24   Link #446
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I'm tired commenting on Kaji Yuki

the other cast looks great and Ono D will be doing just fine as Sinbad

hope someone else voicing Kougyoku though T__T
Old 2012-09-30, 05:31   Link #447
Accelolita_

Too bad no Mamoru-san for Alibaba but Yuki sounds just as great imo!
Can't wait to see the first episode <3
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 05:37   Link #448
Westlo
Lets be reality

Anyway looking @ Magi manga sales....

Oricon Rankings 16/07 - 22/07
04. Magi #13 (106,179)

Oricon Rankings 17/09 - 23/09
05. Magi #14 (120,334)

A little boost thanks to pre anime hype, hopefully it can pull a Ao no Exorcist/Kuruko's Basket and explode in sales.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 05:43   Link #449
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

I've really liked the story so far, though if they want to show everything, we well have another 100-200ep anime.
Old 2012-09-30, 06:08   Link #450
alluka

Love this cast!! (Kanda's voice for Jafar YES!!). Kana Hanazawa's sweet voice is fitting for Kougyoku and I'm glad Alibaba's seiyuu isn't Mamoru (not that I dislike him). Ono Daisuke as The King was kinda Obvious
Kimura Ryohei (Shouma in Penguidrum) as Judal ? hmm we'll see..
Thank you duckroll!
Old 2012-09-30, 06:19   Link #451
Katapan
俺様祭り

Oh man, Kimura was so close... I can totally get behind this cast list, though. They got someone who can pull off an adorable Aladdin, and as some have said before me, I think Kaji is a wayyy better fit than Miyano ever would have been. (I also wish the Kaji hate would get a rest here - it's looking dumber and dumber and isn't that bad on other places.) I can't believe I hadn't consider Hosoya for Masruur, though, that's such an obvious choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Anyway looking @ Magi manga sales....

Oricon Rankings 16/07 - 22/07
04. Magi #13 (106,179)

Oricon Rankings 17/09 - 23/09
05. Magi #14 (120,334)

A little boost thanks to pre anime hype, hopefully it can pull a Ao no Exorcist/Kuruko's Basket and explode in sales.
Honestly, I don't think they'll have to push very hard for it to happen. The manga is really predisposed to become a hit, and the first signs point towards the adaptation sporting a pleasant look and featuring an exciting soundtrack. That's probably all it'll take for us to be looking at a 200+k first week next volume. Buuuut you never know.
Old 2012-09-30, 06:27   Link #452
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Yeah I'm really excited to see the next manga volume's sales after the anime starts. It's going to be fun times.

Edit: Looks like someone uploaded the 1 minute version of the new PV. Too bad the aspect ratio is wrong...

duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 06:41   Link #453
LAboy 456
Portuguese Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Morgiana: Lala from TLR, FUCKING YES!
And also Shinsuke Nishizono from "Inazuma Eleven GO!"... Very good pick for Morgana, nevertheless...
Old 2012-09-30, 06:46   Link #454
Kirarakim

I am definitely curious to check out this series with all the excitement it's generating and those are some great seiyuu.

But I got my hopes up from that rumor, Kamiya Hiroshi was in this, darn it!
Old 2012-09-30, 07:00   Link #455
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Honestly, I don't think they'll have to push very hard for it to happen. The manga is really predisposed to become a hit, and the first signs point towards the adaptation sporting a pleasant look and featuring an exciting soundtrack. That's probably all it'll take for us to be looking at a 200+k first week next volume. Buuuut you never know.
Well I'm hoping for 15k+ in anime sales and somewhere near Kuroko for manga sales (400k) eventually, if it sells like AnE did as a manga even better, that went from 70k to 700k thanks to the anime airing in this time slot. I'm sure it will increase in sales... but will it be enough...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:02   Link #456
Jetzero Infinity

Well the new trailer looks great and the cast sounds pretty good, so I'm pretty happy with this. Can't wait for next Sunday.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:04   Link #457
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
... Somehow, I'm left in wonder why all my best possible choices for Alibaba (FukuJun, Kaji and Kimura) was actually casted albeit into different characters. I must admit that FukuJun was my best choice for Alibaba, Kaji a close second. Ironically, FukuJun is Kassim ww

Kaji hating can go off into a fire, I say.

One thing that made me spit coffee was the fact that Moririn was in there lol *cries at the fact that he doesn't voice Sinbad, though OnoD is a good choice as well*

/Meanwhile goes into a massive bloodloss in having Takahiro Sakurai as waifu Ja'far. *A* N-NOT EXPECTING THIS--GREAT CHOICE, CASTING DIVISION. OTOH, Hanakana as Kougyoku...? Wut.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:05   Link #458
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Well I'm hoping for 15k+ in anime sales and somewhere near Kuroko for manga sales (400k) eventually, if it sells like AnE did as a manga even better, that went from 70k to 700k thanks to the anime airing in this time slot. I'm sure it will increase in sales... but will it be enough...

They just have to do it right. The manga is great, but a poor script can ruin any manga adaptation fairly easily. It's up to the writer and director to find the right pacing, and also the right balance and timing between dramatic a comedy moments, etc.

Let's hope for the best.
Old 2012-09-30, 07:16   Link #459
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Just watched the PV and it gives me Hunter X Hunter vibes due to how cute the MC looks and how it show the ability of being an adventurous shounen series. I hope Hiroyuki Yoshino will give justice to the source material, and if it proves true, it might becomes one of the greatest shounens of recent memory. The voice casting was excellent, and I'm looking forward to try the first episodes.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:51   Link #460
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Just watched the PV and it gives me Hunter X Hunter vibes due to how cute the MC looks and how it show the ability of being an adventurous shounen series. I hope Hiroyuki Yoshino will give justice to the source material, and if it proves true, it might becomes one of the greatest shounens of recent memory. The voice casting was excellent, and I'm looking forward to try the first episodes.
The manga has more likeness to Full Metal Alchemist than HxH.
So yes, it's got potential to be awesome, granted the direction goes well.

Quote:
The total sale of volume 1~10 (not including 11~14) has already reached 2 million, putting average per volume at 200k.
With the anime push, I expect it to soar over Kuroko no Basket with little to no problem.

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen