AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-05-18, 21:49   Link #33441
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Don’t do it, Skye. That price is too much. Even if you love MG Destiny Heine to death, $100 is still a rip-off, unless you bathe in cash. Believe me, don’t buy MG Destiny Heine if the price is more than $70-75 (shipping not included).

Instead, I suggest you to go for RG Destiny Heine if you can find it with reasonable price. Believe me, it's equally good. Oh, and I have to tell you that the crotch of MG Destiny sucks due to Bandai's unnecessary experiment. The RG is most probably better in this department. Also, I think the decals of RG Destiny Heine is better compared to the boring ZAFT writings of the MG Destiny Heine.
Damn, the problem is I never find any exclusives from that long ago that goes under $100, so far this is the cheapest (the $100 also includes shipping)

Actually I already got the RG Heine as insurance if I never got the MG version lol, looking for WoL effect parts now

Currently considering this Chinese knock-off for $18 with shipping (an ok price considering the Bandai one was much smaller and came with a stand for $25, which actually goes for at least $40 plus shipping street price now):

I like it much better than the one Bandai released, that one was too small imo and I did not like how the tips ended, this one looks much more akin to the MG wings minus the hologram stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I'd forgotten about that >.< It's no big deal, though: that green colour is quite cool, and I look very much forward to building it. Has anyone here built the HGUC FA Unicorn (Destroy mode) yet? I mean, it looks amazing, but I'm wondering how it fares compared to its MG counterpart in the stability department.
500% more stable

The smaller size plus no internal frame/transformation gimmick makes it much much much more stable, the only problem I can see with it is that it takes up a lot of room
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 22:33   Link #33442
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If you can into basic painting, the knockoff are fine

Otherwise, don't.
Old 2014-05-18, 22:41   Link #33443
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
500% more stable

The smaller size plus no internal frame/transformation gimmick makes it much much much more stable, the only problem I can see with it is that it takes up a lot of room
It sounds like the HGUC is preferable to the Master Grade, having more stability and a lower price. I'm sold on it now
Old 2014-05-18, 23:12   Link #33444
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

Otherwise, don't.
Ur missing something

When Im referring to knock-offs, Im referring to the WoL effect parts, since the Bandai one have flaws which I noted in my comment

I ALREADY have a RG Destiny Heine, the official kit from Bandai, Im just trying to get cheaper effect parts for it instead of dishing out MG level cash to get smaller effect parts and an action base 2 (the original bandai exclusive product)

Quote:
It sounds like the HGUC is preferable to the Master Grade, having more stability and a lower price. I'm sold on it now
Yup, its the best iteration of the Unicorn Gundam by far, both the Unicorn and Destroy modes. The Banshee and Phenex are literally the same thing in terms of kit stability, since they are mostly the same mold
Old 2014-05-18, 23:16   Link #33445
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Then go for it
Old 2014-05-19, 04:19   Link #33446
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- Not. Quite.

I once bought a knockoff MG FAZZ thinking I had enough modelling skills to make it work. I threw the whole thing out two years later because the amount of money I spent of putty, styrene strips, super glue, and paints actually exceeded what I would have paid for a legitimate FAZZ kit.

So, no. Not unless you're that twit on youtube who keeps bragging about buying fakes and then raging about why Bandai never gives him any respect.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 06:43   Link #33447
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Not. Quite.

I once bought a knockoff MG FAZZ thinking I had enough modelling skills to make it work. I threw the whole thing out two years later because the amount of money I spent of putty, styrene strips, super glue, and paints actually exceeded what I would have paid for a legitimate FAZZ kit.
Holy crap, that bad?
Quote:
So, no. Not unless you're that twit on youtube who keeps bragging about buying fakes and then raging about why Bandai never gives him any respect.
...and then there's also idiot like that
Old 2014-05-19, 08:03   Link #33448
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Holy crap, that bad?
- If you see a Gundam knockoff with the name "BenDi" or "Ben Dy" on it, AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE. It doesn't matter how cheap they'll be selling it, it's not worth your money or time. Better to buy the legitimate Bandai kits, as you know the quality of the product you're getting (and supporting that company).

Quote:
...and then there's also idiot like that
- The person will go unnamed here, but my mech workshop group are sick of the nonstop whining. Especially the whining about "Why didn't Bandai include my name in the Build Fighters anime". Gimme a break.
Old 2014-05-19, 09:58   Link #33449
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
- If you see a Gundam knockoff with the name "BenDi" or "Ben Dy" on it, AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE. It doesn't matter how cheap they'll be selling it, it's not worth your money or time. Better to buy the legitimate Bandai kits, as you know the quality of the product you're getting (and supporting that company).
Huh. I think I know that shitbrand, it was like....two dollars a piece or something. No one sell them anymore, thankfully.
Quote:
- The person will go unnamed here, but my mech workshop group are sick of the nonstop whining. Especially the whining about "Why didn't Bandai include my name in the Build Fighters anime". Gimme a break.
Wow... just wow...
Old 2014-05-19, 13:17   Link #33450
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, knockoff are fine to start in gunpla since they are dirty cheap and a mistake doesn't cost as much since a knockoff costs like 10$. Also they're good to test things like weathering/painting/battle damage.

Also I noticed that the quality of bootlegs has been improving in the years, thing that I noticed from the Dynames bootleg I won some months ago in a competition, it was like 90% like the original and the only bad thing was the colors (too dull) and articulations are more rigid than Bandai's.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 19:57   Link #33451
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

They're also increasingly expensive, mind. Hongli's transformation to Daban jacked up the price from 1/4 that of Bandai to 1/2.

So when Bandai's available for cheap, it's always the better choice, especially since bootleg as very limited selection.
Old 2014-05-19, 20:30   Link #33452
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

It's not that I'm going to idolize Hongli/Daban about how they are getting better every year, after all a copy just can't win against an original. Still take a look to some of them, they have a lot more details than Bandai's. Ex: the Daban MG Hi-Nu EVO, it's so filled with details that even without decals it looks good enough, also some of them come with custom effects parts for free.

Still, the only bootleg kit I would deffinitely buy (and I'm actually looking for an store that could import it) is either the Daban Hi-Nu EVO or the MC Hi-Nu.

Last edited by Strigon 13; 2014-05-19 at 21:10.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 20:39   Link #33453
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, I'm found a good way to get more articulation outta my stiff Stark Jegan, GM Command and ECOAS Jegan:

Drop them on the floor.

Accidentally knocked my Stark Jegan to the floor, my idiot brother managed to lasso my GM Command and ECOAS Jegan with speaker cables, and now all of them have much looser articulation now. Same range of movement, but a lot looser.

Also I lost my ECOAS Jegan's sensor visor. I'm now thankful we get two visors.

In other news I'm still waiting on my Unicorn normal and Jesta to arrive, and am now slightly tempted to buy the Banshee Norn which is selling for a pretty low price, so that at least we can have both units back to back or something.

...Also, I wonder what would happen if I bought a Unicorn FA Destroy Mode - would I be able to mount the parts on my Unicorn Normal, I wonder?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 00:05   Link #33454
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Well, I'm found a good way to get more articulation outta my stiff Stark Jegan, GM Command and ECOAS Jegan:

Drop them on the floor.

Accidentally knocked my Stark Jegan to the floor, my idiot brother managed to lasso my GM Command and ECOAS Jegan with speaker cables, and now all of them have much looser articulation now. Same range of movement, but a lot looser.

Also I lost my ECOAS Jegan's sensor visor. I'm now thankful we get two visors.

In other news I'm still waiting on my Unicorn normal and Jesta to arrive, and am now slightly tempted to buy the Banshee Norn which is selling for a pretty low price, so that at least we can have both units back to back or something.

...Also, I wonder what would happen if I bought a Unicorn FA Destroy Mode - would I be able to mount the parts on my Unicorn Normal, I wonder?
Check Dalong, I believe the connector parts are the same but I may be mistaken
Old 2014-05-20, 23:46   Link #33455
Skye629

Old 2014-05-22, 22:00   Link #33456
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Okay so I watched a FA Unicorn normal review on Youtube. The reviewer actually fitted the FA parts to the Banshee Norn and Unicorn Destroy, and they fit, so yeah, looks like I can do that.

Am building my Banshee Norn. Oh my god the stickers. -_-

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 01:39   Link #33457
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

MUH IDEALS know no common sense

That feeling when you need to rent a fucking auto-shop facility to paint it properly
Old 2014-05-23, 21:55   Link #33458
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Okay so I watched a FA Unicorn normal review on Youtube. The reviewer actually fitted the FA parts to the Banshee Norn and Unicorn Destroy, and they fit, so yeah, looks like I can do that.

Am building my Banshee Norn. Oh my god the stickers. -_-
Some of the stickers are fine (particularly the gold detail ones on the legs and waist)

The horn sticker (for all the Banshee HGs) and the new Norn stickers are atrocious though, too much folding or dont rfit right

Quote:
MUH IDEALS know no common sense

That feeling when you need to rent a fucking auto-shop facility to paint it properly
In America its not much of a problem, lots of people over here make their garage their workshop as well so there's plenty of room to work on stuff

It would be extremely funny though if someone hauled that kit into the college paintshop since they had no room in their dorms lol
Old 2014-05-23, 23:01   Link #33459
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

It's here!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-05-24, 04:33   Link #33460
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
It's here!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
- stop remindign me that I haven't built mine yet!

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy