AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-13, 11:28   Link #1981
TCman

Finally, I have read the chapter 75.

If you ask me I would pretty say there's a stalker who may be stalking Yuzuki Eba; Yuzuki may faked that she has a new boyfriend in front of friends & family in order to protect her family/friends and Haruto; maybe the stalker is a kind of violent person, e.g. if he finds out that Haruto was Yuzuki's boyfriend he may hurt/kill Haruto (for being her "ex" for example). Also the letter Yuzuki wrote (is that her handwriting?) is not quite "coherent", I think the letter may be even a "cry or call for help" since the stalker may have controlled her (daily) life.

Last edited by TCman; 2010-01-13 at 11:41. Reason: adding "may" since it is just my own prediction
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 11:59   Link #1982
justavisitor

finally read 75's translation

@Zwei
yeah, the letter says it's "dumped", not "rejected"

And well the author already tells us, from Haruto's mouth, that
Spoiler for 75:

It will be way funnier if the letter has different meaning when one reads vertically or diagonally ...wonder how the translation will handle that (this is just my personal imagination lol...don't get confused with the actual chapter )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 12:01   Link #1983
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
finally read 75's translation

@Zwei
yeah, the letter says it's "dumped", not "rejected"

And well the author already tells us, from Haruto's mouth, that
Spoiler for 75:
Still...It would be jokes to have him go to see her and she actually did write that letter.

I'd still ask her though, "what did the 5 fingers say to the face?"
Old 2010-01-13, 12:09   Link #1984
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Still...It would be jokes to have him go to see her and she actually did write that letter.

I'd still ask her though, "what did the 5 fingers say to the face?"
well, that would be real funny

but, precisely, I think Eba did write this letter, but something has happened so Eba has to write this B.S letter...I don't think Haruto is questioning that this letter is not written by Eba but he is questioning that the normal Eba won't write this kind of letter

Anyway, detective Haruto will figure this out shortly
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-01-13, 12:11   Link #1985
Johnny
Working the bags...

This is some elaborate scheme mastermind by Nanami and Rin. She slipped the note into the bag on the way back from Tokyo.

While Haruto is fuming over the letter, Nanami is snickering in her mind, 'that's what you get for stealing my man Eba, you bitch'.

Wow I just got done watching Mel Gibson's move Conspiracy Theory, and it went straight to my head...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 12:16   Link #1986
justavisitor

lol, I don't think Nanami is that evil...but then again, it still bothers me to no end why Haruto's sister doesn't want Haruto to be with Nanami...man, I have a feeling that Seo has completely forgotten this subplot already..or I am thinking too much
Old 2010-01-13, 12:23   Link #1987
H23

Quote:
but then again, it still bothers me to no end why Haruto's sister doesn't want Haruto to be with Nanami...man, I have a feeling that Seo has completely forgotten this subplot already..or I am thinking too much

x2... I'm really hoping he hasn't forgotten about it
Old 2010-01-13, 12:36   Link #1988
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I have some majorly mixed feelings here.

If he didn't read the letter he would have probably said yes to Nanami, but since he wouldn't be over Yuzuki he would hurt Nanami.

Since he did read the letter he turned Nanami down, thus crushing my hope of a non-Yuzuki ending.

Let's hope we have a really good, and original, story behind all of this.

Either way, good stuff! I don't like the titles though, they are too spoiler-ish.
Old 2010-01-13, 12:45   Link #1989
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

"Besides I'm really good at making snacks" wth, Nanami's even begging Haruto to be his girlfriend? I felt she was a little ooc here.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 13:14   Link #1990
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
"Besides I'm really good at making snacks" wth, Nanami's even begging Haruto to be his girlfriend? I felt she was a little ooc here.
That was a little weird. What does snack have to do with anything, right? But I think the point was that she cheers him up with the smallest of things.
Old 2010-01-13, 13:19   Link #1991
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
it's not desperation, she's trying to appeal to the fact that they have connected through their cooking club. and it worked there for a second when he thought 'this might be the girl to make me forget'

in any case, the letter screams of rin.
-if it was not a lie then a) she would have written about it in a different manner, this is explicit b) she would not give him a parting gift and kiss c) nanami will eventually win and the outcome of the whole story is pretty much given with the characters we currently have
-If it is a lie then a) rin is connected by her calling about it b) as suspected eba is in pretty deep shit with the family some how if she's been under house arrest for 3 weeks and everyone is in on it
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 15:23   Link #1992
Divini
Senpai!

Well I was happy after reading the latest chapter, because of the fact that FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY Haruto has some balls to finally stop feeling sorry for himself and be a man and pro-actively forge a path for himself, compared to his wishy-washy attitude for the majority of the manga.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 17:53   Link #1993
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I have some majorly mixed feelings here.

If he didn't read the letter he would have probably said yes to Nanami, but since he wouldn't be over Yuzuki he would hurt Nanami.

Since he did read the letter he turned Nanami down, thus crushing my hope of a non-Yuzuki ending.
That's what I have been saying. Haruto couldn't see Eba, only because he was scared to meet her. But now he's determined, he will be able to. He should have been worrying about Eba in the first place instead of being all about "I was dumped."

I'm glad Haruto finally acts like I see how a man should in this chapter. Though he should have done that 3 weeks ago.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 18:21   Link #1994
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
That's what I have been saying. Haruto couldn't see Eba, only because he was scared to meet her. But now he's determined, he will be able to. He should have been worrying about Eba in the first place instead of being all about "I was dumped."

I'm glad Haruto finally acts like I see how a man should in this chapter. Though he should have done that 3 weeks ago.
This is different. He now has physical proof of reason to act. Before it was all speculation and hearsay.

And I bet his gar moment at the end turned Nanami on.
Old 2010-01-13, 19:16   Link #1995
Freeter
beyond

This chapter was undeniably hilarious.

(This girl might help me forget Eba...)

*reads letter*

"WOW, I TOTALLY CAN'T DATE YOU NOW!"

If I were Nanami I'd have sucker punched that doofus on the spot
Old 2010-01-13, 22:01   Link #1996
Noblesse

damn man that some serious stuff but i think haruto has some good intution (wishful thinking) like bust through the door wanting a answer to all this trouble h's been through. but in all honesty i don't think haruto is acting stupid as usual, the way Haruto looked as if he pissed at someone. ps at this point of the story it getting real exciting for me
Noblesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 22:04   Link #1997
justavisitor

@Freeter

At least Haruto didn't say it is ok and then did a 180...

but to me, Nanami doesn't seem that sad after hearing that rejection...that expression is more like she thinks she hits the jackpot but then finds out the ticket is for the last lottery...
Old 2010-01-13, 23:03   Link #1998
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblesse View Post
damn man that some serious stuff but i think haruto has some good intution (wishful thinking) like bust through the door wanting a answer to all this trouble h's been through. but in all honesty i don't think haruto is acting stupid as usual, the way Haruto looked as if he pissed at someone. ps at this point of the story it getting real exciting for me
Please no Yamato bull shit, pretty pretty pretty please.

Quote:
@Freeter

At least Haruto didn't say it is ok and then did a 180...

but to me, Nanami doesn't seem that sad after hearing that rejection...that expression is more like she thinks she hits the jackpot but then finds out the ticket is for the last lottery...
Good analogy. Gotta feel bad for the girl.
Old 2010-01-14, 01:14   Link #1999
HF2008

My Analysis

I decided to do the following. I have collected some comments from Eba leading from the long distance relationship to the "break" up.

1 Months since departing

1. I've been lonely every day since I came back to Tokyo. I want to see you Haruto-kun.

2. Yeah. For some reason you seemed Fine. (In reference to Haruto not acting lonely).

3. Sorry. I haven't said everything since we started dating. I LOVE YOU.
(His response sucked by the way).

4. Geeze why are you upset. Don't you at least want to hear about it. It's cute. (Pi-Chan. He indicated he wanted to see her, but hung up on her after she started going on about Pi-chan again)

5. Haruto-kun. You idiot. I hate you! (Text because he hung up on her)

6. (While he was chatting with Akari about manning up and calling her back, she called him. Akari answered the phone. Akari claimed that Eba wasn't angry at all.)

2 month into long distance relationship

1. On yeah. So you'll be nearby huh? Hm? (When Haruto told her he was coming)

2. Heh? Ummm. But your school trip is on a weekday, right? Well I just can't go skipping class. (Haruto asked to see her)

3. ----- (After telling her he wants to see her no matter what after school)

4. Yeah...OKAY. (She finally agrees to see him)

5. Yeah (After Haruto asks if it is really okay to see her)

6. And besides. I want to see you too.

( I omitted their setting up a time and place).

7. Oh, I forgot. I will just bring that along when I come see you. (Telling Haruto she has a "gift" for him).

8. I bought this shirt I thought would look good on you. I thought of sending it through the mail , but now I can give it to you directly. So it's a belated birthday present. (Explaining "gift" further).

9. Haruto-kun should be getting off work now. He sounds happy. Don't overwork yourself Haruto-kun. (Read a text from Haruto about the female sempai complimenting at work. She spoke this to herself).

3 Months (Trip to Tokyo)

10. We finally get to see each other tomorrow. I am really looking forward to it. (Text to Haruto from Eba)

11. Have you arrived in Tokyo? I just finished class. (Eba to Haruto. Note: Nanami looking really depressed)

12. Then we can see each other today! Can you wait around close by while I go and get the present. (Eba to Haruto. Nanami looking really depressed)

***(Train delay. Direct Meeting Failed. Nanami Intercepts Asks for Boyfriend for a Day Thing. Eba running fast to meet him. Meeting Failed)***
Next Day)

13. I won't be late this time so wait at Baba, okay?

(Haruto goes on the lame fake date of doom. Holding hands with Nanami at train station. Eba see's them holding hands. Tears drawn? She left on the next train. Haurto couldn't catch her.)

14. ----No Response to Email from Haruto----

(Meets Rin. She said she saw her sister going earlier to go shopping. She said there was something she wanted Haruto to see. When he refused, so got angry.)

15. I emailed Haruto saying that I was coming but he didn't answer me. So I came here anyways. ---No way what should I do? (Response to Haruto's friends finding her and telling them what happened).

16. I have a strict curfew. I have to be home at 10'. (Replying to his friends asking her to wait for him)

17. I guess...(with very pained and knowing look when responding to Akara's comment that she will not see Haruto soon).

18. You meanie, don't say that. (After Haruto finds her and tells her he needs to talk. They hug).

19. I am glad we were able to see each other. Just 5 more minutes and I would have went home.

20. Heh? I can mange 10 more minutes. (Eba telling Haruto that she indeed has a strict curfew)

21. It's Okay. (After Haruto apologizes)

22. More importantly, here you go. (The gift)

23. It's the shirt I promised you. It's a little messed up after all that's happened.

24. So don't give me that look when we are together. It will waste our precious time together.

25. I was really happy when you emailed me saying you were coming right now.

26. Hey. I am still a little cold. (They kiss)

27. Too Long. It's so embarrassing.

28. IT's about time. We've got to go.

29. Well, this is where we part ways. Tell everyone I said Hi.

30. So should we break up if its that hard.

31. He he.

32. Take Care Haruto-kun.

In Summary:

Eba is an insecure woman. She escaped Hiroshima because she was not secure. She finally won her love, Haruto, and returned to Tokyo. It is very powerful to note that she decided to return before he returned her love. This indicates a more deepening love for Haruto from Eba to me. If you really love a bird, don't cage it. It might come back.

The feelings were very strong the first month, but miscommunication started rather early. The miscommunication and the isolation started taking their toll in the second month. They fight. Haruto hangs up. He should call back, but doesn't. Eba calls. Who answers? A girl. Akari answers the phone and tells Haruto that she isn't angry. Wrong. He should have asked. More miscommunication. By the time Haruto tells Eba he is coming to Tokyo, it is as if she has some initial misgivings until some feeling of joy surfaces. When she is waiting to hear from him about his working, he mentions yet another girl. If you see the plot, it is blatant that all the communication is going towards Eba. We get little back from her.

The act of doom, as I call it, was the supreme stupidity of Haruto being a boyfriend for a day. A real man in love would never, even in pretend, have done that. He does get some points for being young, but he should know better. He is finally caught at the end of his stupid action by no other than Haruto. Further, he is holding hands with Nanami, his so called past love. Clearly, Haruto looks bad.

Speculation: Eba's insecurities took on the form of being betrayed. Look at the gift she purchased for Haruto (see 66 page 17). We see the bag again (see 69 page 18). Again we see it (see 70 page 15). My speculation is that Eba destroyed the first gift and other things after seeing Haruto with Nanami. Further, Rin invited Haruto into the house. I believe there was physical damage or something torn up as a result of Haruto being with Nanami. I believe it was the one chance Rin gave Haruto, and he blew it. Look at her reaction when he refuses. Further, she tells Haruto that she only saw her sister awhile back in relation to shopping. Why? To purchase a new gift for Haruto. Eitherway, it wasn't a birthday present, it became a going away present. Very Japanese, and a letter too. I believe she wrote it. Is the content true? Maybe. Eitherway, does it not parrallel Haruto with Nanami? From Eba's point of view, Nanami rejected Haruto, never gave him a chance. Then he is dating her? I think Rin is not evil in the sense that she may be furthering the plot and defending her sister. After all, she may be testing Haruto. If he really loves Eba, he will not be pushed into any women's arms. I bet Rin can attest to that.

The only way the letter is not legit is if Rin put the letter there before she met Haruto. The statistical odds for Rin's plan to work are impossible. So I don't think that's realistic. So back to my speculation above. Further, as from her perspective, it looks like long distance is too hard for him. He can't even keep his hands off girls from his hometown in Tokyo? Hence, her last comment. I believe when he returns to Tokyo and if he succeeds, he will find a very hurt and angry Eba. Maybe she is even dating other men. Which of course, she will place on him.

At the end of the day, I root for Haruto. He is young and screwed up, but he wasn't being a player. To Eba's credit, it looked that way. Her one rocked destroyed. I just hope she doesn't play for real. Finally, I wonder if her pet bird was killed by her or let go.

HF
HF2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 02:38   Link #2000
cyberdemon

i like your idea about the present. That she got him something else but ended up changing it after all that had happened in Tokyo. you give some good evidence to it as well.

here's also something. It's possible that there was someone that confessed to Eba. When she saw Haruto and Nanami she might have thought that his feelings were still for Nanami. So she used the idea of the confession to leave that overblown letter at the last minute to try and make it easier for the breakup. Or she decided to accept thinking that her love was never actually returned by Haruto.

Then again Haruto sees Eba as being in trouble... again after reading the letter.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life