081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-10-18, 02:06   Link #61
bio9205
Reborn

Yup. I'd be REALLY HAPPY with just the DVD.

No exact date given on that one, right?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 02:08   Link #62
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
No exact date given on that one, right?
Right now there's no exact date on anything. Except the year when humanity has seven days left until extinction.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 11:43   Link #63
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Right now there's no exact date on anything. Except the year when humanity has seven days left until extinction.
So the release date is December 14th 2012? Man that's awhile, I want more time than 7 days to enjoy the movie.

Maybe, just maybe that will be the catalyst needed to boost the sales......>_>

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-10-18 at 23:42.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 14:50   Link #64
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

I'm pretty sure we'll get the movie DVD sometime next year..it doesn't take THAT long to release movies.
Old 2010-10-18, 17:52   Link #65
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I sure as hell hope not. My anticipation to see this movie has already reached maximum overload.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 19:34   Link #66
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
So the release date is September 14th 2012? Man that's awhile, I want more time than 7 days to enjoy the movie.

Maybe, just maybe that will be the catalyst needed to boost the sales......>_>
Shouldn't it be December 14?
Old 2010-10-18, 19:37   Link #67
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I sure as hell hope not. My anticipation to see this movie has already reached maximum overload.
Same. I really want to see the fight scenes because while the story hasn't seemed too interesting, I know the battles will be very well-animated.
Old 2010-10-18, 23:42   Link #68
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Shouldn't it be December 14?
Damn myself and my ongoing mixups of September and December. This is not the first time I've mixed up the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Same. I really want to see the fight scenes because while the story hasn't seemed too interesting, I know the battles will be very well-animated.
From watchig the movie, I personally found the fights are dissapointing while the storyline was the one that I liked. Which surprised me because I thought the fighting would have been th core interest too initially.
Old 2010-10-18, 23:46   Link #69
bio9205
Reborn

IMO, the fighting wasn't really exciting because there were no 1-on-1 battles. I myself haven't seen the movie, definitely looking forward to.
Old 2010-10-19, 01:41   Link #70
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I do not think it's because of the lack of that though, I still enjoyed many of the normal army battles in S2 and S1, but I was a bit unimpressed. Not that it was not beautiul but it just did not get to me very much. It's not bad it was just below my expectations; and maybe that's why. Maybe watching it again may help me reconsider however. That and the tempo os quite fast so it feels like it's hard to keep up with the battles and what is actually happening.
Old 2010-10-19, 02:52   Link #71
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
IMO, the fighting wasn't really exciting because there were no 1-on-1 battles. I myself haven't seen the movie, definitely looking forward to.
Suppose I agree. I would of loved to see a Gadelaza vs 00Q battle, or a Brave CT vs 00Q.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 03:26   Link #72
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
I do not think it's because of the lack of that though, I still enjoyed many of the normal army battles in S2 and S1, but I was a bit unimpressed. Not that it was not beautiul but it just did not get to me very much. It's not bad it was just below my expectations; and maybe that's why. Maybe watching it again may help me reconsider however. That and the tempo os quite fast so it feels like it's hard to keep up with the battles and what is actually happening.
And maybe because of 00Q's lack of action?
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 09:44   Link #73
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Yeah...............that too. -_-
Old 2010-10-19, 09:57   Link #74
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Yeah...............that too. -_-
I feel you........

Out of all 4 new Gundams, I was actually most excited to see 00Q in action and kick ass. I wasn't too interested in Zabanya or Harute at first. Then I kinda lost interest in Raphael after i found out his gimmick is just Backpack Gundam again.

Surprisingly Harute impressed me the most.
Old 2010-10-19, 11:52   Link #75
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Out of all 4 new Gundams, I was actually most excited to see 00Q in action and kick ass. I wasn't too interested in Zabanya or Harute at first. Then I kinda lost interest in Raphael after i found out his gimmick is just Backpack Gundam again.
Actually I was most exited to see what the Raphael had up its sleeves. Words cannot describe how disappointed I was to find out it was just a f*ing backpack transformation.

I think they used the movie as a chance to show off the Dynames and Kyrios lines to make up for rather disappointing performances and lack of attention in the show (especially Kyrios/Arios).
Old 2010-10-19, 14:28   Link #76
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I feel you........

Surprisingly Harute impressed me the most.
I've always like Harute by design, especially the cannons although I dislike the Fighter.

I still love 00 Qan(T) the most out of the four by design. Its so cool to have a super streamline 00 with Exia traits. (although technically, all three CB MS have the S2 and S1 design concepts in mind according to the movie website)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Actually I was most exited to see what the Raphael had up its sleeves. Words cannot describe how disappointed I was to find out it was just a f*ing backpack transformation.

I think they used the movie as a chance to show off the Dynames and Kyrios lines to make up for rather disappointing performances and lack of attention in the show (especially Kyrios/Arios).
Eh, Cherudim was fine. Arios was cool too in concept, just that they did not give it enough screentime or a semi-competant pilot for that matter.

It has enough gimmicks and weapons to be quite decent, it just seems to lack all those variable kits that Kyrios had (beam shield..............sniff...snifff). Although, I guess GN Archer IS part of Arios in design acting as the Missiles Launchers and the Tail booster all in one plus an individual MS. So I guess its a bit unfair to judge the Arios equipment on it's own when it's designed alongside the Archer. (the reason the Drive was placed on the croth was for eacy access charging for Archer in the first place, according to 2nd mechanics)
Old 2010-10-19, 17:13   Link #77
jonli
JONLIの憂'

^ I'd have to agree with Kuroi Hadou about Arios, he was really.....useless in season 2. Cherudim on the other hand was more than competent. He had a lot of opportunities to show off its gimmicks and how useful he was on the battlefield.

Arios on the other hand was a trans-am battery. Even an extra like GN-Archer didn't really improve Arios a lot...it basically still made him a free battery supply on the battlefield for GN-Archer. There wasn't any new gimmick that helped him in anyway. His claw was gone and turned into an exclusive MA attack which isn't really useful to be quite honest. Hilling was smart enough to stab the hell out of Arios when he got so close, she even exploded and took out his claws. Not a wise design. I was actually half expecting Hallelujah to come back halfway through the season (which he did but immediately disappeared again....), and then they would double pilot GN Archer and Arios using QBW (which is actually what Tieria did in the movie...). Too bad they didn't do that....

Cherudim on the other hand got some really useful Shield bits that complemented his purpose very well.
Old 2010-10-19, 19:22   Link #78
bio9205
Reborn

Arios is not a bad Gundam. In fact, it is pretty powerful: Its claw attack may be exclusive to flight mode, but it's a 100% OHKO attack, even though it was only used three times. (Shown, at least.) Hallelujah also showed its insane maneuverability, speed and hit-and-run capabilities in the last episode. Kinda a pity that was the first and last time it shone.

The reason why Arios sucked is not the Gundam itself, but Allelujah. Blame the pilot, not the MS.

Last edited by bio9205; 2010-10-19 at 19:45.
Old 2010-10-19, 19:41   Link #79
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

To drive the point home, Allelujah expressly admits that it wasn't the Arios having the problems, it was his own diminished abilities.
Old 2010-10-19, 19:52   Link #80
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
To drive the point home, Allelujah expressly admits that it wasn't the Arios having the problems, it was his own diminished abilities.
I'm not saying otherwise; I'm just saying Arios' performance was lacking, not its own capabilities.