AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-10, 08:04   Link #2281
night_sentinel

Spoiler for Arata's style:

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2012-11-10 at 09:04.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 10:08   Link #2282
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

so that now makes it 4 chapters are we still havent finished the semi-finals...the anime better be planning on making more than 3 episodes to fit this in.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 12:03   Link #2283
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
so that now makes it 4 chapters are we still havent finished the semi-finals...the anime better be planning on making more than 3 episodes to fit this in.
They never told us how long each ep. will be
Old 2012-11-10, 12:58   Link #2284
fansgirl

to night sentinel : thank you

and what about Saki main series when they will play mahjong again or Saki past *huf* , why I have a feeling maybe next year

is Saki chapter 105 out yet?

Last edited by fansgirl; 2012-11-11 at 00:22.
fansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 13:11   Link #2285
tsunade666

Saki side B should probably pick up some pace if they are planning another season of anime though I had a feeling that they will probably animate it at semi-finals at max due to the manga's snail pace story telling.

I can't tell if the author is busy with the anime because since that announcement of first season anime of Saki. I felt that the anime is becoming slower than ever. Adding up the fact the author is probably having problems on what to do next.
Old 2012-11-10, 15:27   Link #2286
Peanutbutter

Chapter 16's one of the best Achiga-hen chapters since Teru's match. Plenty of content, plenty of good things all around.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 17:47   Link #2287
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

One has to remember that Ritz-sense is also the scriptwriter for the Achiga manga so it's almost like she's running 1.5 series at the same time.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 17:51   Link #2288
The Green One

Well one of the benefits of doing two series at the same time in the same universe is you can put tidbits in one series and others in the other series just to get readers to read both.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 21:55   Link #2289
Farplaner

Spoiler for Achiga-hen ch16:

Last edited by Farplaner; 2012-11-10 at 22:11.
Farplaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 07:10   Link #2290
JW1

Were it not for Teru, Shiraitodai would be on the verge of being knocked out.
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 07:51   Link #2291
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
Before Teru comes, East Tokyo famous for producing second-rate mahjong player.
After Teru won the national tournament in her first years, a lot of strong player attended to Shiratodai.

So, if Kiyosumi won, will they get a lot of player that attend to Kiyosumi?
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 10:38   Link #2292
The Green One

I don't know about a lot of new players but they'd certainly get a lot of attention, especially if it comes out that the younger sister knocked out the school of the older sister. Especially putting an end to a champion winning streak and averting a possibly unheard of three in a row.

As for Shiratodai getting smacked around right now, the other schools need some point padding so when Awai goes all slaughterhouse on them they don't die too quickly.
Old 2012-11-11, 12:31   Link #2293
Marina2

Hmm....abilities in Achiga seems to be a lot more creative (or I would say a lot more "fantasy") than main series. Really. It's amazing how Ritz can think out these abilities.

Can't wait to see What's Awai ability as well as Shizuno and Ryuuka's "secret powers"

I expect that Captain round will start with Awai masscare everyone - some Ryuuka back storied - some wins by Ryuuka - Himeko back story - some wins by Himeko....and after that, Shizuno will start to do something that make everyone at table goes WTF.
Old 2012-11-11, 13:57   Link #2294
Serperior

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Spoiler for Arata's style:
Continuation of Arata's power, courtesy of someone from /u/:

Spoiler for arata's power:

Also, it seems that Mairu is had been Shindouji's ace for the last 3 years. I really hope that if by some event Achiga doesn't advance, Shindouji will.

Mairu is also the first placer in the Fukuoka Prefecture Individuals. So we'll be seeing her in the individuals. I hope she appears in the main manga! I want to see how Ritz illustrate her! Ritz already illustrated the Achiga girls and they are delicious (I vastly prefer Ritz' artstyle over Igarashi's artsyle but I really like how Igarashi can do 100 pages in one month while Ritz can't even do 16 pages in one.)

Also, I'm asking you guys: What do you consider Mairu as? A normal player or an occult player? Her power doesn't directly benefits her but benefits Himeko instead. If she's a normal player, then that means she's on par (or maybe slightly below; she kept losing to other team's aces remember?) with Mihoko, Yumi and Hisa. (Hiroe should be slightly above her though)
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 16:13   Link #2295
The Green One

Being able to convert your wins into double damage wins by your partner in the corresponding round in the next match is as occult as it gets.
Old 2012-11-11, 16:45   Link #2296
King-Slayer

Quote:
According to Sumire, Shiraitodai isn't taking this seriously and is more inclined to observe this round. Matano is getting her ass handed to her though.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 22:45   Link #2297
Serperior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Being able to convert your wins into double damage wins by your partner in the corresponding round in the next match is as occult as it gets.
Yeah but it doesn't benefit Mairu. It benefits Himeko. Like in the Individuals, she can't possibly use her power (technically she can but it doesn't benefit her) and she won the Individuals based on her skills at all.

Disregarding the team matches, Mairu's ability is practically useless.
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 02:32   Link #2298
Marina2

I would say that both of them are occult players.

Similar to other abilities we have seen in Saki series, each ability has its own rule and limitation.

In Mairu and Himeko case, the limitation of their abilities are: You have to use it in combination with your partner.
Old 2012-11-12, 05:26   Link #2299
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
According to Sumire, Shiraitodai isn't taking this seriously and is more inclined to observe this round. Matano is getting her ass handed to her though.
Regardless of what Sumire has to say, it's not at all clear how the three 'lesser' players could have done any better than they have.

Sumire herself perhaps is in a better position than the other two, in that it seems her 'tell' is only known to Achiga. Takami simply got beaten up and was reliant upon a good final hand to redress the balance - not exactly a strong strategy. Seiko just seems to be getting thwarted at every turn.

The net result is that Shiraitodai are starting to suffer from Achiga Syndrome: the way they are being portrayed makes them look weak and far from "the best team ever". Having two really good players and three fillers whose job is to lose as few points as they can manage is hardly being the 'Best Team'. In fact, it makes them look rather like Shindouji.

Well, even that is supposition, since we haven't yet seen Awai in action. All we actually know is they have one really good player and three mediocre ones (or, rather, that's how they've been portrayed). We all assume Awai is going to turn everything around and I really, really hope that's the case. Please, please don't tell me that Shizuno is the final boss!
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 07:00   Link #2300
Marina2

Quote:
Well, even that is supposition, since we haven't yet seen Awai in action. All we actually know is they have one really good player and three mediocre ones (or, rather, that's how they've been portrayed). We all assume Awai is going to turn everything around and I really, really hope that's the case. Please, please don't tell me that Shizuno is the final boss!
I actually don't have problem if Shizuno turns out to have a hax power because both of Shizuno and Awai will be Saki enemies in the final round anyway. Ritz can make "enemy" characters as strong as she want.

In the end Saki will just show how powerful she is , and to make Saki's victory more EPIC, strong enemy(s) is/are needed. I expect that Shizuno will be able to annoy Saki a lot even if she can't win.

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-11-12 at 07:12.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri