AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-18, 00:32   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Higurashi Question Arc Discussion

I tried to merge all of the four question arc threads into one, but they all mysteriously disappeared.

If anyone has backups, please feel to post them here.

In any case, this thread will be dedicated for discussions pertaining to all the question arcs (Onikakushi, Watanagashi, Tatarigoroshi, and Himatsubushi).

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-07-18 at 13:14.
Old 2006-07-18, 01:27   Link #2
Amaranthine

I actually thought I had these, but I don't... fortunately Google does. I don't think this is all of it though. And there wasn't one for Himatsubushi-hen, was there?

Onikakushi-hen Discussion: (1, 2)

Watanagashi-hen Discussion: (1, 2, 3)

Tatarigoroshi-hen Discussion: (1, 2)

I'll post some actual discussion when I've seen episode 15. ^^
Old 2006-07-18, 01:29   Link #3
rexlunae

Watanagashi

Well, this is a repost of my theory about the events of Watanagashi-hen. It probably goes here in a combined thread anyway, as it incorporates elements from all question arcs. It has the important aspect that it sticks to my belief that the events are not supernatural, but it is also highly speculative.

Spoiler for all question arcs:

So, thoughts, objections, comments? Am I totally out of my mind?
Old 2006-07-18, 03:00   Link #4
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
[QUOTE=rexlunae]
Spoiler for all question arcs:

You got some questions in there that needs to be cleared up before that theory can be valid.....Who was the person who didn't know what the heck Keichi was talking about when he returned the lunch box to her? And why would she be confused about it if she was already aware of the plan ahead of time? As for Keichi's meeting with "Shion" at the Angel Mort maybe Shion was embarrassed about the outfit from the eyes of someone she's well aware of but not yet fully acquainted with. Plus in the look she gave Keichi out the window after he left just seemed to telling us the viewers that shes thinking "Hmmmm so that's Maebara Keichi.....my prey." As for the lunch scene, If that really was Shion why did she seem so flustered when she was handing over the lunch when we can obviously tell she's not the shy type at all(Apparently after she's well acquainted with a person.)

Your other theories sound nice though.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment

Last edited by DingoEnderZOE2; 2006-07-18 at 03:15.
Old 2006-07-18, 12:24   Link #5
Deku Kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
In any case, this thread will be dedicated for discussions pertaining to all the question arcs (Onikakushi, Watanagashi, Tatarigoroshi, and <B>Meakashi</b>).
Don't you mean Himatsubushi?
Old 2006-07-18, 14:27   Link #6
Zekori

Chapter 4 was a nice change of pace, which gladly removes the need of stingy dwelling into information to learn about the background. Not to mention Asakasa was a nice character.

Spoiler for tidbits:

Edit: Oh~

Spoiler for Poems:
Old 2006-07-18, 16:56   Link #7
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I tried to merge all of the four question arc threads into one, but they all mysteriously disappeared.
It's Oyashiro-sama's doing. One question that remains for me is what purpose did Rena's psycho-mode serve in Tatarigoroshi-hen 1? She wasn't around around for much of this arc.

Last edited by frad113; 2006-07-18 at 17:11.
Old 2006-07-18, 17:41   Link #8
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frad113
It's Oyashiro-sama's doing. One question that remains for me is what purpose did Rena's psycho-mode serve in Tatarigoroshi-hen 1? She wasn't around around for much of this arc.
I actually had a good laugh with that remark. Yes, it has to be it! The threads Onikakushi-ed themselves...

In response to your question, Rena's oyashiro-mode will be explained when we get to Tsumihoroboshi-hen; the last chapter that will be covered in the anime.
Old 2006-07-18, 21:48   Link #9
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by frad113
We must have been getting too close to the truth
Old 2006-07-19, 00:36   Link #10
Implosion
Sushi Terrorist

Spoiler for up to 15:
Old 2006-07-19, 01:15   Link #11
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

People would have started choking to death and dying in the streets. Remember a few folks like Chie died during evacuation efforts (I suspect her lungs gave out trying to save the children ).

I am a bit fuzzy on this, though. The Disaster of Hinamizawa does not occur in Scenario 1 and 2, correct? Scenario 2's ending, in particular, would seem to take place in a timeframe well after the "gas bomb" went off in Scenarios 3 and 4.
Old 2006-07-19, 01:29   Link #12
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake
I am a bit fuzzy on this, though. The Disaster of Hinamizawa does not occur in Scenario 1 and 2, correct? Scenario 2's ending, in particular, would seem to take place in a timeframe well after the "gas bomb" went off in Scenarios 3 and 4.
I'll leave the answer to that open until AFTER you've seen Meakashi-hen (the first "answer" chapter).
Old 2006-07-19, 03:06   Link #13
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Yearghdigible.

Well, on that note, to be absolutely, perfectly clear, Meakashi (Scenario 5) takes place in the same continuity as Scenario 2, yes?
Old 2006-07-19, 11:22   Link #14
LostBlue
祭囃子

I would take each chapter as its own possibility in the world of Higurashi
Closed Thread