Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-15, 11:18   Link #81
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But to go back on topic: What's your opinion of the mystery man at the end of the chapter, BDK? Looks like the most popular guesses are either Aokiji (or some other marine), Vegapunk, or Joker. Personally, I'm in the Joker camp, but I also wouldn't rule out the possibility of him being a different character altogether (though I'm still convinced the mystery dude is a new character, period).....
I'm also in the Joker camp. And if the mystery man is not him, he'll be a new character altogether. Vegapunk is the least likely suspect imo. I feel it's too early to be introduced to him and someone of his stature should be heavily guarded at all times by WG/marine personnel.
Old 2012-06-15, 12:52   Link #82
marvelB

And now on a somewhat unrelated note: It's been revealed that volume 67 will be released on August 3rd (no cover yet, though). But something else interesting to note is that it wasn't the only OP book that was announced: Looks like a One Piece White will be released on the same day, as well! If this is yet another data book, then I find it slightly odd that it would be released so soon after Blue Deep. But hey, if this means more trivia then I've got no complaints (especially if it contains more new content than Blue Deep did). Looks like the SBS thread is gonna be busy come this August!
Old 2012-06-15, 14:59   Link #83
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
And now on a somewhat unrelated note: It's been revealed that volume 67 will be released on August 3rd (no cover yet, though). But something else interesting to note is that it wasn't the only OP book that was announced: Looks like a One Piece White will be released on the same day, as well! If this is yet another data book, then I find it slightly odd that it would be released so soon after Blue Deep. But hey, if this means more trivia then I've got no complaints (especially if it contains more new content than Blue Deep did). Looks like the SBS thread is gonna be busy come this August!
Data books always seem to disappoint.
Old 2012-06-15, 15:29   Link #84
marvelB

^I think that stems from people having too much expectations from the books. Like, everyone wants to get complete info about New World Pirate X before they even appear in the story, which is just plain impossible. Personally, I'd be perfectly fine if the book just showed more of Oda's concept ideas and sketches like Green did....
Old 2012-06-15, 15:36   Link #85
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Enel can destroy an Island. Only Whitebeard, Kuzan, Akainu and Blackbeard have been shown to have the power to destroy an island (if Caesar's DF is as powerful as we suspect, then he might join this list as well, even if he sucks as a fighter). Consequently, despite his lack of physical prowess, Enel is still in my Top 10. (That is not to say that I do not think most of the list you've created can't defeat Enel (I do not know about Marco and Jozu, and I've yet to see Mihawk fight a Logia (though I think he would win)).)
Enel cannot destroy a Island without the help of his arc and the island he did destroy was made out of cloud .
Enel seem really powerful back in the day, now not so much .

As for this chapter it was good ,looking forward to see who this new guy is and what oda going to do with CC DF .
Old 2012-06-15, 15:50   Link #86
james0246

^So? If Crocodile had ever gotten a hold of whichever megaweapon he was aiming for he would rank as one of the best in the world if only because of his superweapon (hell, if anyone got a super weapon they would have to be considered one of the best...now that I think about it Fish Princess is one of the strongest forces on the planet, and any list of strongest has to include her, if only with an asterisk by her name). So, it doesn't matter if Enel used a tool to help him achieve more power, all that matters is the end result.

Additionally, the cloud islands may have been made of a different material than a regular island, but they were still as thick and hard as a regular island (case and point, a large section of an entire regular island now sits on top of the Skypiea cloud mass). So, destroying an entire cloud island is approximate to destroying an entire regular island.
Old 2012-06-15, 16:02   Link #87
Rainbowman

Quote:
^I think that stems from people having too much expectations from the books. Like, everyone wants to get complete info about New World Pirate X before they even appear in the story, which is just plain impossible. Personally, I'd be perfectly fine if the book just showed more of Oda's concept ideas and sketches like Green did....
With the concept art, I bet there's going to be those for Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, and possibly that villain named Z from the upcoming movie. Seeing as this databook is called One Piece White, I'm guessing there may be 2 databooks left to publish: One Piece Grayscale which should cover most of the islands there are in the New World and their inhabitants, and One Piece Black (the WATCHMEN of One Piece databooks) which should cover the place for the final battle which would no doubt involve Blackbeard.
Old 2012-06-15, 16:06   Link #88
andy

Quote:
^So? If Crocodile had ever gotten a hold of whichever megaweapon he was aiming for he would rank as one of the best in the world if only because of his superweapon (hell, if anyone got a super weapon they would have to be considered one of the best...now that I think about it Fish Princess is one of the strongest forces on the planet, and any list of strongest has to include her, if only with an asterisk by her name). So, it doesn't matter if Enel used a tool to help him achieve more power, all that matters is the end result.

Additionally, the cloud islands may have been made of a different material than a regular island, but they were still as thick and hard as a regular island (case and point, a large section of an entire regular island now sits on top of the Skypiea cloud mass). So, destroying an entire cloud island is approximate to destroying an entire regular island.
Well if all that matters is the end result everyone in OP can destroy a island if they get a super weapon .
Which makes your call list of people that can do it as no big deal.
Old 2012-06-15, 16:12   Link #89
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Well if all that matters is the end result everyone in OP can destroy a island if they get a super weapon .
Of course. Isn't that obvious?

Enel is the only one who has actually done it though (albeit in the form of an amplification device for his own powers rather than one of the legendary super weapons).
Old 2012-06-15, 16:18   Link #90
andy

Quote:
Of course. Isn't that obvious for anything and everything?

Enel is the only one who has actually done it (albeit in the form of an amplification device for his own powers rather than one of the legendary super weapons), something Vegapunk and now Caesar wish to also do.
Yes but if your talking about pure destructive power those people you mention do not need any help from a outside force , amplification device , etc etc .
Hell i would say Luffy has just as much destructive power as Enel does without the arc.
Old 2012-06-15, 16:38   Link #91
james0246

Quote:
Yes but if your talking about pure destructive power those people you mention do not need any help from a outside force , amplification device , etc etc .
Hell i would say Luffy has just as much destructive power as Enel does without the arc.
Of course.

I never put Enel at the top of such a list, I only included him (and emphasized he was simply one of few who could destroy an island). Whether the others are more powerful than him or not is irrelevant to what I was writing about.

As for Luffy, the only time he really had such destructive power was when he was imbued with a 100 shadows. since that power came from Moira, I am reluctant to include it in his stats. Yes, it is a similar amplification of powers, but it is derived from another's powers and it was too circumstantial (for me).
Old 2012-06-15, 16:50   Link #92
andy

Quote:
Of course.

I never put Enel at the top of such a list, I only included him (and emphasized he was simply one of few who could destroy an island). Whether the others are more powerful than him or not is irrelevant to what I was writing about.

As for Luffy, the only time he really had such destructive power was when he was imbued with a 100 shadows. since that power came from Moira, I am reluctant to include it in his stats. Yes, it is a similar amplification of powers, but it is derived from another's powers and it was too circumstantial (for me).
Did you forget Luffy was about to destroy Noah .
The size of Noah is huge and he was about to destroy with no outside help .
Old 2012-06-15, 16:56   Link #93
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

What Enel needed is not the ark, but the clouds that was produced by the ark. Enel just needed clouds to store huge amounts of charge for his thunderstorms and the subsequent electron bomb Raigou.

Enel using clouds is just like Aokiji using the sea and Crocodile using the desert, all Logias are more powerful in their own beneficial environments.

What makes Enel's ability such a powerful destructive force is that he is able to use it with his Mantra to do pin point 'satellite cannon' attacks in a huge radius around him. His lightning has shown to be able to punch a hole straight through soil and rock on the Vearth.

All Logias are extremely powerful forces of nature with potential to cause disasters and are easily on top of the list for pure destructive force.

Luffy did not destroy Noah, only a part of it. But to be fair, he did destroy most of Shiki's island with the Giganto Thor Axe, which was imbued with lightning.

Alot of these guys can destroy islands, if you give them enough time to pound away, charge up their powers etc.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-06-15, 20:54   Link #94
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm also in the Joker camp. And if the mystery man is not him, he'll be a new character altogether. Vegapunk is the least likely suspect imo. I feel it's too early to be introduced to him and someone of his stature should be heavily guarded at all times by WG/marine personnel.
That's who I thought it might be as well, though I still don't know what to make of Law's panic attack.
Old 2012-06-15, 21:03   Link #95
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Clearly, he was just HNNNNNNNGGGG at Monet.

Who wouldn't.
Old 2012-06-15, 22:43   Link #96
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
And in some sense, Croc is in that category as well. Basically, if you take their DF power away, their fight ability down down drastically. I mean like BB said, there are DF who got TOO reliant on their DF ability and ignore their basic physical ability that once their DF power is figured out/neutralized they became easy to deal with.
reminds me of what crocodile said that it doesn't matter how powerful your DF abilities are, what matters is how you use it. if you can use it to its fullest potential then it can make you more powerful than other DF users who could only use half of their abilities' potential. i have no doubts he is powerful and he makes good use of his DF. he knows his strengths and weaknesses, it's just too bad he underestimated luffy. to be fair, he did beat luffy a couple of times, but the rubber guy just kept coming back and even found out his weakness. not to mention he fought against a guy who has a pretty weak DF and yet was able to use it in ways that would be most beneficial in battle. he fought against a guy who has practically mastered his own DF.

Quote:
What makes Enel's ability such a powerful destructive force is that he is able to use it with his Mantra to do pin point 'satellite cannon' attacks in a huge radius around him. His lightning has shown to be able to punch a hole straight through soil and rock on the Vearth.

All Logias are extremely powerful forces of nature with potential to cause disasters and are easily on top of the list for pure destructive force.

Luffy did not destroy Noah, only a part of it. But to be fair, he did destroy most of Shiki's island with the Giganto Thor Axe, which was imbued with lightning.

Alot of these guys can destroy islands, if you give them enough time to pound away, charge up their powers etc.
i agree. enel's ability had so much potential. he just got too cocky for his own good, that's all. he fashioned himself a god and a god is perfect. but he was far from perfect. enel's ability is top-tier, i'm just not sure about enel himself though.

most logia users can wipe out islands, even continents if they wanted.
Old 2012-06-15, 23:26   Link #97
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
That's who I thought it might be as well, though I still don't know what to make of Law's panic attack.
It could always be that Monet did something to him or even CC without him know.
Still it's most likely the guy that we saw did something to him , nothing shows of how bad ass a char is like making some body like Law fall without a fight .

Side note this whole idea that croc was nerf or underestimated luffy in there 3rd fight is a load of crap .
Old 2012-06-16, 07:02   Link #98
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The samurai is giving a mixed expression because even though he already told the Strawhat pirates that he hates pirates and won't accept their help, Sanji still went all the way to risk his life to find his torso. He is starting to acknowledge the crew as good guys and is thankful.
Thanks for the clarification! It looks like the continuing acknowledgements from the samurai will culminate in a deep sacrifice, heroic act or ... wait for it... wait for it... a new crew memb...ok ok...

The shoes of the mystery man do look similar to Kuzan's, one exception being the slit below the lacing; which is showing for the mystery character and did not for Kuzan. I'm leaning more towards known character, at least by name, then completely new character. It could be Law's old mentor and if that was Dr. Vegapunk that would be so cool.
Old 2012-06-16, 10:20   Link #99
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Clearly, he was just HNNNNNNNGGGG at Monet.

Who wouldn't.
In that case, how come he wasn't bleeding half to death through his nose instead of his mouth (like Sanji in the previous arc).....

Quote:
Side note this whole idea that croc was nerf or underestimated luffy in there 3rd fight is a load of crap .

Now see, I pretty much expected this type of response to pop up as soon as I posted that. The reason why I put "nerf" in quotation marks in the first place was because I WASN'T trying to belittle Crocodile. I'm just saying that due to his rage towards Luffy in their third fight he pretty much abandoned playing it smart like he did during the first 2 rounds (y'know, both those times where he nearly killed him with little effort). And he kind of was still taking him lightly, since he kept yammering on about how much of a rookie he was throughout the fight. It's somewhat similar to Moria's blunder in using Shadows Asgard instead of relying on his clever shadow tricks like he was doing when controlling Oars.....
Old 2012-06-17, 01:19   Link #100
andy

Quote:
Now see, I pretty much expected this type of response to pop up as soon as I posted that. The reason why I put "nerf" in quotation marks in the first place was because I WASN'T trying to belittle Crocodile. I'm just saying that due to his rage towards Luffy in their third fight he pretty much abandoned playing it smart like he did during the first 2 rounds (y'know, both those times where he nearly killed him with little effort). And he kind of was still taking him lightly, since he kept yammering on about how much of a rookie he was throughout the fight. It's somewhat similar to Moria's blunder in using Shadows Asgard instead of relying on his clever shadow tricks like he was doing when controlling Oars.....
You need to reread that fight , Luffy is a rookie so calling him that is not big deal .
In 2 fights Croc had the advantage, in the 3rd fight he took him very serious but could not fight him like the 2 fights before.
Luffy had the advantage in the 3rd fight by know his weakness , moves and Croc was force to fight with CQC in a enclose area.

After reading back the chapter , i am sure CC must have use some sort of gas to cut off luffy breathing .
Since he is holding his neck before he goes down .

Last edited by andy; 2012-06-17 at 01:45.
Closed Thread