AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-12-09, 12:46   Link #1081
Freeter
beyond

Next chapter, Eri's cooking makes a comeback...then Tenma joins in and gives Harima a double KO
Old 2006-12-09, 13:17   Link #1082
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
erm.. next chapter is next Saturday.

better not hope too much.
Sorry, but as I mentioned earlier, this week's issue of Shounen Weekly is a "double issue" (aka an issue that combines two weeks worth of issues into one and is out for two weeks instead of the usual one week). Hence, the next chapter of School Rumble won't be out until two weeks from now.
Old 2006-12-09, 14:10   Link #1083
Arkhan

I hope Eri will understand Yakumo's innuendo. She's been so thick the last few chapters concerning Harima's feelings... Come on, once she began to suspect there was something between Harima and Tenma, she should have found out the truth. Harima's behaviour towards Tenma is obvious. But I like that of Eri, she always looks so self-confident, but deep down she's quite naive.
Arkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 18:02   Link #1084
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

YEAH YAKUMO! Please revive this manga with your powers <?>
As a suggestion, you should start by making the chapters longer -_- Its pissing me off, really little can progress with such space.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 18:27   Link #1085
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkhan View Post
I hope Eri will understand Yakumo's innuendo.
She won't, Kyoto arc already proved that.

Quote:
you should start by making the chapters longer -_- Its pissing me off, really little can progress with such space.
Tell Jin to stop working on that waste of paper called Natsu no Arashi first
Old 2006-12-09, 20:08   Link #1086
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Freeter's right-At least it's at the very end, there's no way anyone that are in the so-called main factions in the race currently (as it can be seen so far) will be able to figure out the true feelings of the other. Namely, Harima, Eri and Tenma.

At least Yakumo makes a comeback, and just when I wanted her to jump into this little web of relationship 'complications' too. Her reactions to Harima's comments certainly give rise to some hope there, but I won't think on it too much until the next several chapters.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 00:54   Link #1087
canza

Man....I just seriously hope Tenma gets stranded in a forest and never finds her way out of it....
Old 2006-12-10, 00:57   Link #1088
tacobueno

If this week was a double-issue thingy then would that not mean there are two chapters this week?

Oh and Kids Meal... all I'm sayin man, Kids Meal.
tacobueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 01:00   Link #1089
taichikun14

good chapter. good, good chapter. and yakumo is REALLY pretty when she blushes. she was really pretty in the very last panel too
taichikun14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 01:03   Link #1090
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
If this week was a double-issue thingy then would that not mean there are two chapters this week?
Nope, one chapter. Double issue usually means it's supposed to tide you over for two weeks. Other publications do this also.

I read on another forum that the Japanese word for shrimp is "Ebi". This being SR, you can easily guess where this is headed.
Old 2006-12-10, 01:11   Link #1091
kauldron26
Med Student

instead of focusing on what we think might happen, we should focus on what will actually happen. *drum roll* a misunderstanding. My theory is that even tho eri will suspect that Harima likes Tenma, the mangaka will create a situation that will inevitably convince eri that Harima likes her, so she will probably have a false belief in an imaginary situation, and when Harim tries to explain to her, something will come up, and then when he tries to confess to tenma something else will come up, and then Karasuma will postpone his supposed 40 days departure, and then tenma will try and confess and then something will come up. Remember when Harima took Eri out on valentine?? oh, or how bout when he helped eri escape from her supposed "wedding" which we have never heard anything about since then those are false hints at closure altho we got some one sided "development". Instead of everyone having a dialogue that can bring resolution to the story, something else will come up and it will be under the false pretense of comedy. So technically if these 200 chapters covered year 2 of high school, we sure as hell should be expecting 200 more chapters for year 3. And more than likely it will revolve around the same fiasco of comedy. So please dont take situation as a form of development. . lmao... the nature of the manga is actually becoming funnier than the content. Yes, there are developments within characters and story arcs, but we must accept the inevitable RESET button. i have.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 01:56   Link #1092
Forever
Revealing the truth

YAKUMO!!! Oh so much Yakumo goodness!!! Riceball FTW!!!!

Ah sorry about that, just that there was so little yakumo these days, that I was beginning to have withdrawl symptoms.

Considering that next year will be their 3rd and final year together, it is time for the beginning of the end. It is only proper that Jin prepares for some closure and with this development, things are finally starting to take shape. I can forsee eri dragging yakumo to face her feelings and force it to be a true triangle with harima in the center. (karasuma, my hopes are on you to save harima from tenma.)

Unless Eri is so dense that she cant figure shrimp = tenma. Then the reset will be pressed, but the inevitable confrontation can only be avoided by at most 20 chapters...
Old 2006-12-10, 02:19   Link #1093
chubbyphil

wait, i'm lost. i thought they're in high school. Since this is they're second year, wouldn't they have two more years instead of one?
chubbyphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 03:33   Link #1094
vegetax
Some Random New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyphil View Post
wait, i'm lost. i thought they're in high school. Since this is they're second year, wouldn't they have two more years instead of one?
Japanese highschool consists of only 3 years. Since they are entering their third year in School Rumble, this will be the final run of the series. Unless they make "School Rumble: The Collage Years".
vegetax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 03:37   Link #1095
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
instead of focusing on what we think might happen, we should focus on what will actually happen. *drum roll* a misunderstanding. My theory is that even tho eri will suspect that Harima likes Tenma, the mangaka will create a situation that will inevitably convince eri that Harima likes her, so she will probably have a false belief in an imaginary situation, and when Harim tries to explain to her, something will come up, and then when he tries to confess to tenma something else will come up, and then Karasuma will postpone his supposed 40 days departure, and then tenma will try and confess and then something will come up. Remember when Harima took Eri out on valentine?? oh, or how bout when he helped eri escape from her supposed "wedding" which we have never heard anything about since then those are false hints at closure altho we got some one sided "development". Instead of everyone having a dialogue that can bring resolution to the story, something else will come up and it will be under the false pretense of comedy. So technically if these 200 chapters covered year 2 of high school, we sure as hell should be expecting 200 more chapters for year 3. And more than likely it will revolve around the same fiasco of comedy. So please dont take situation as a form of development. . lmao... the nature of the manga is actually becoming funnier than the content. Yes, there are developments within characters and story arcs, but we must accept the inevitable RESET button. i have.

That has to be one of the better reasonings of what you would expect. That's what SR is about: Misunderstandings. Everything's a mistake made from a mistaken viewpoint of a person. Mistaken love, especially.

Having another 200 chapters sounds like milking, though, even though I sure as hell don't wish to believe it to be entirely the case.
Old 2006-12-10, 04:18   Link #1096
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Somehow I don't think this could happen. Contrary to Harima and Tenma, Eri isn't stupid. And in the last chapters she was closely watching Harima, seeing how he was trying to get close to Tenma and even hiding his true feelings (about shripms) to please her. Not realising, that he loves Tenma is not something which fits her character.
Though I don't really understand what Yakumo wanted to say by telling her that Harima loves Shrimps. Did she try to hide the fact, that she was making fake-shripms, or was it some sort of "he likes it, because he wants to please Tenma".
Ojou certainly isn't lacking in the brains department, but she certainly is clueless and has a susceptibility to misunderstandings so far. That's what makes everything drag on so long, albeit meaninglessly. She might and probably will realise it in the future, but if she can't even get Yakumo's hint...Well, that's cluelessness for you. She won't be as stupid as the both of them, but she certainly does have the tendency to make mistakes about Harima, that's for sure.

As for Yakumo's statement, I'd say it's the latter in your assumption, since it ties in closely with her character and her thoughts about Harima and Tenma.
Old 2006-12-10, 05:22   Link #1097
CowMix

Eri is not stupid, she knows Yukamo likes Harima. The reason she doesn't see that Harima likes Tenma is because it seems to me she finds it hard to see Harima liking Tenma romantically. Shes basing off more of social norms and who people should like. Since Harima liking Tenma makes practically no sense (unless you know the background story), she can't see the obvious clues in front of her. Can you really blame her, I would never believe he liked her if it wasn't spelled out to me everywhere.
CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 11:20   Link #1098
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Next chapter, Eri's cooking makes a comeback...then Tenma joins in and gives Harima a double KO
Poor Harima, and I think it is highly likely that this will happen in next episode unless Yakumo intervenes. If so, Eri will launch an attack at Yakumo. The trouble is, Yakumo will probably beat Eri in a fight, verbal or physical. One interesting thing about Tenma is that there are some foods she cooks decently,

Quote:
She won't, Kyoto arc already proved that.

Tell Jin to stop working on that waste of paper called Natsu no Arashi first
I see much promise in the Natsu no Arashi series and wish I could see more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canza View Post
Man....I just seriously hope Tenma gets stranded in a forest and never finds her way out of it....
If that happens, Harima will find her somehow, and Karasuma will probably end up rescuing both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
Since the mangaka has started a new series, this is a good time for him to finally stop pressing the Reset button and let things get serious. I hope that happens, but won't be sad to see it not happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetax View Post
Japanese highschool consists of only 3 years. Since they are entering their third year in School Rumble, this will be the final run of the series. Unless they make "School Rumble: The Collage Years".
That might be good if the focus gets shifted to someone other than Tenma and Harima. There are plenty of characters who deserves more attentions.
Old 2006-12-10, 11:55   Link #1099
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I see much promise in the Natsu no Arashi series and wish I could see more.
If I knew how to make a torrent I'd gladly upload chapter 3 and show you just how bad it is....
Old 2006-12-10, 13:22   Link #1100
Arkhan

Quote:
I read on another forum that the Japanese word for shrimp is "Ebi". This being SR, you can easily guess where this is headed.
You're right. Yakumo says: "Harima-san wa ebi ga sukinandesu". It's too much coincidence that there is only a difference of a consonant. It seems like KJ has set the scene for a new misunderstanding. What a twisted mind he has. I imagine him thinking: "Hmm, let's see, any food that sounds like Eri.... That's right! Ebi! Let them have a shrimp party!" . Now I see it, that's the writing technique he uses for that twisted misunderstandings, he thinks backwards, quite common in thrillers.
Arkhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hige, ojou, school