AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-01-18, 06:14   Link #10421
classic

Spoiler for 315:
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 06:41   Link #10422
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Kagura was such an awesome character this whole time...but after revealing her past she dropped to boring and kinda idiotic levels in my book. I am so very disappointing with Mashima for doing that to a character that was so awesome and had so much potential for being so much better.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 07:37   Link #10423
Casshern

Personally I wasn't too impressed with kagura from the start of the arc. She was a generic mysterious and powerful bishoujo with a sword. The flashback was disappointing and imo the worst is how it cheapens Erza's past rather than spoiling a secondary character from a secondary guild which probably won't affect much in the long run.

Anyway, chapter went like everyone predicted. Erza was prepared to give up and lose until she realised that kagura really intended to kill her. Kinda boring.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 07:53   Link #10424
ImperialFlameGod8190

its funny because I think if all this happened with her sword still sheathed maybe it wouldn't be as bad but the fact she removed it and then got 1-shotted makes it worse Minerva will get hers. But now all I care about is the other fights Erza natsu gray have all had their moments give gajeel and laxus some love. And for the record I think the whole Laxus vs Alexei thing was pitiful to begin with so I don't think laxus has gotten what he deserved quite yet as far as good graces
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 08:52   Link #10425
kitten320

Spoiler for Worse than I expected...:

This chapter was the worst...
Well Erza can kill Minerva for all I care, she deserved it anyway.

Really, shounen starts to gradually turn into the worst genre of all times because of how cliched and predictable it is. And I used to like it... a lot too!
Once you see enough of it, shounen has nothing new to offer.
Old 2013-01-18, 09:02   Link #10426
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Just woke up and am already over the dissapointment of the spoilers.... now reading your reactions

Thanks for that.... some of those made my day.

But really who didn't see this coming
Old 2013-01-18, 09:19   Link #10427
kitten320

I'm sure they are

I did but Mashima surprised me by making my predictions 10 times worse...

Need to wait until it gets animated, anime manages to smooth some of the edges.

Well I have no expectations for FT at all now... all those promises of dark age will be brushed off as nothing soon too.
Old 2013-01-18, 09:32   Link #10428
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Terrible, woulda been better if the bitch ported the catgirl fanservice in between that retardedly OP slash instead of a overly done cliche "omg we were friends before?"

Do male writers like making women with a grudge crazy stupid?
Old 2013-01-18, 10:12   Link #10429
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Everyone and their mother predicted something similar would happen...but predicting something doesn't mean it won't be disappointing when it happens, plus Mashima really did handle this very poorly. Kagura drawing her sword was such a hyped up thing...yet then it happened she got immediately 1 hit KOed by Erza in the same goddamn armorless gear she uses in every big fight.

Don't get me wrong, I love those clothes, but she's supposed to be the master of re-equip, yet when she fights the stronger opponents now she always goes back to no gear and a sword...WTF happened to Armadura Fairy? WTF happened to all that cool armor she has? Every time she uses her armors they seem to be useless and instantly get destroyed so why does she even bother using them? She could just go no armor and sword all the time and be done with it >_> it annoys me so much recently.

And why hype Kagura drawing the sword so much if all it did was a long ass slice...that was easily blocked by Erza? What a massive disappointment that was, she should have just stuck to using the sheathed sword style, at least that was cooler and more original...

The whole of Kagura's backstory was just nauseatingly cliche and just bad...made even worst with Erza SUDDENLY being from her village and SUDDENLY being her savior.

I'm cool with the Erza saving Kagura...it's kinda like her and it was needed to create a nice opening for Minerva so it's fine.

Quite frankly, I HATE Minerva with a passion...but she was my favorite part of the chapter...which shows my overall feelings for the chapter >_>
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 11:12   Link #10430
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

also whatever happened to the darkness that covered kagura in the last chapter. That was completely ignored.

Anyways beside this bad chapter, it looks like the next on is "Accelerated to the doomed future". Hopefully it switches back to future lucy and we can finally get a reveal on what is going to happen.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 11:29   Link #10431
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

On mobile so not much to say other than it could have been done better.
Old 2013-01-18, 11:30   Link #10432
kitten320

^Or should have happened
Old 2013-01-18, 11:31   Link #10433
Somnus
Eh?

Didn't come for the chapter. Came for mini-Kagura. Not disappointed. D'awwwww.

Wait, it's supposed to be touching?

Screw it.

D'awwwwww.
Old 2013-01-18, 11:43   Link #10434
II Maestro

Hah... Minerva that's not how a king fights its the fight of a coward .... I hope in the next chapter Erza snaps and beat Minerva.
Old 2013-01-18, 12:05   Link #10435
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Pretty good chapter, no real issues. I'm glad to see that Erza didn't succumb to guilt. As she said, giving up now would have been a slap in the face to all those that supported her this far. We all knew Erza was good before, and after her power-up, I would have been damn surprised if she lost at this point. Despite Erza's leg, she is still gonna hand Miverva her ass.

The only question, then, is how Milliana will factor into this. Will she be used as bait? Is she forgotton about and will come to aid Erza against Minvera? Her magic is the ability to tie someone up and thus prevent them from using magic.

Anyway, very good chapter. The revelation that they were from the same village was perhaps a tiny bit cliche, but very well within the realm of probability. After all, the heaven's tower group wouldn't have sacked very many towns for slaves, less they draw too much attention. So the odds that some of the kids were from the same village was a fairly high probability.

Lookin' forward to the next!
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 12:39   Link #10436
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
No... just no. I'm sorry but bending the rules and winning whenever plot says so is not epic nor badass. It's just silly and lame. I was a fool to expect something from this...
Old 2013-01-18, 12:42   Link #10437
ranchan13

Anyone else think Minerva just triggered her own death flag?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 12:44   Link #10438
unameit

1 hit ko again.. damn, i hate this kind of ending.. it's kind of lame.. definitely bad writing.. it happened almost everytime.. the kimono girl who can slash through everything beaten by erza with just 1 hit then now kagura.. I think i know now what purpose erza armor serves..

Btw, i think mashima can do better in this fight for not revealing who's better.. kagura didn't really ko, she can still fight but lose her will to fight then came minerva to provide the ending of this fight.. What I can't accept that everyone think kagura deemed defeated before minerva came
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 13:04   Link #10439
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Everyone and their mother predicted something similar would happen...but predicting something doesn't mean it won't be disappointing when it happens, plus Mashima really did handle this very poorly. Kagura drawing her sword was such a hyped up thing...yet then it happened she got immediately 1 hit KOed by Erza in the same goddamn armorless gear she uses in every big fight.

Don't get me wrong, I love those clothes, but she's supposed to be the master of re-equip, yet when she fights the stronger opponents now she always goes back to no gear and a sword...WTF happened to Armadura Fairy? WTF happened to all that cool armor she has? Every time she uses her armors they seem to be useless and instantly get destroyed so why does she even bother using them? She could just go no armor and sword all the time and be done with it >_> it annoys me so much recently.

And why hype Kagura drawing the sword so much if all it did was a long ass slice...that was easily blocked by Erza? What a massive disappointment that was, she should have just stuck to using the sheathed sword style, at least that was cooler and more original...

The whole of Kagura's backstory was just nauseatingly cliche and just bad...made even worst with Erza SUDDENLY being from her village and SUDDENLY being her savior.

I'm cool with the Erza saving Kagura...it's kinda like her and it was needed to create a nice opening for Minerva so it's fine.

Quite frankly, I HATE Minerva with a passion...but she was my favorite part of the chapter...which shows my overall feelings for the chapter >_>
The shear fact that Erza's strongest form is armorless and bandaged boobs means she's just there for eye candy. I was dissapointed when she showed that armor. Something more samuraish or cool armor woulda been better.. but no.. cleavage and bewbage.
Old 2013-01-18, 13:05   Link #10440
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
No... just no. I'm sorry but bending the rules and winning whenever plot says so is not epic nor badass. It's just silly and lame. I was a fool to expect something from this...
What rules were bent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
The shear fact that Erza's strongest form is armorless and bandaged boobs means she's just there for eye candy. I was dissapointed when she showed that armor. Something more samuraish or cool armor woulda been better.. but no.. cleavage and bewbage.
You do realize the whole point of that armor, is that it makes her really damn fast? She's unencumbered by heavy armor, which increases agility and mobility, and allows her to focus solely on offense. It's been shown and explained before, exactly what kind of advantages it brings, which allowed her to move and strike faster than Kagura. It's not her strongest form, per se, but each armor has different advantages and disadvantages. So it makes perfect sense why she was able to beat Kagura with it.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen