Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
You!! ...

XD
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 09:47   Link #282
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

good grief well i'm still curious to watch it.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 12:38   Link #283
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I swear GAINAX must be smoking shitloads of pot and drink copious amount of sake to animate this one.
Old 2010-09-19, 13:06   Link #284
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I wouldn't mind watching this series just to give it a try.
Old 2010-09-19, 17:22   Link #285
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I swear GAINAX must be smoking shitloads of pot and drink copious amount of sake to animate this one.
If that's your explanation for this one, may I ask what you think it takes for SHAFT to do some of theirs?

More on-topic, while I've seen "PPG as an ecchi" mentioned several times here, is that really the point? IOW is this a Gainax homage to Genndy Tartakovsky (with whom the PPG creator got his start), or is there more to this than that?
Old 2010-09-19, 17:38   Link #286
Milfeulle9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
If that's your explanation for this one, may I ask what you think it takes for SHAFT to do some of theirs?

More on-topic, while I've seen "PPG as an ecchi" mentioned several times here, is that really the point? IOW is this a Gainax homage to Genndy Tartakovsky (with whom the PPG creator got his start), or is there more to this than that?
SHAFT is always high, so there's not much to say. ◔ ◡ ◔
Milfeulle9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 18:47   Link #287
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
This is obviously an homage to the work of both McCracken and Tartakovsky - Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, Power Puff Girls. To deny it would be simply plagiarism.
Old 2010-09-19, 21:54   Link #288
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

So they're paying an homage to someone who'd paid an homage to them? (at least the industry)
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 22:34   Link #289
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Courtesy of TMSIDR:

At the German convention Connichi, Gainax co-founder Hiroyuki Yamada says:

"...it was intended that it goes in the direction of an Ecchi Power Puff Girls. In the currect state of the anime it probably can’t be broadcasted without beeps and black bars(/mosaics) on Japanese TV [while laughing^^]."
Old 2010-09-19, 23:40   Link #290
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

come after watching the REAL MAN anime in gurren lagann & anime version rugrats aka hanamaru kindergarten come on GAINAX is really make it worth my watch.

& with this latest oh he!! yea this is like the really make more worth to watch.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 16:49   Link #291
Milfeulle9001

It's a good thing Gainax found a station that'd let them do as they pleased, which therefore makes for no censorship.

If this show were to be censored, I'd go nuts with the constant bleeps and censor mosaics.
Old 2010-09-22, 11:20   Link #292
EfrainMan
Scourge of the Seven Seas

Gainax will probably make it all subtle enough to not ostensibly NEED censorship, but still make it raunchy. That's usually way funnier than actual content that needs to be censored.
EfrainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 18:07   Link #293
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfrainMan View Post
Gainax will probably make it all subtle enough to not ostensibly NEED censorship, but still make it raunchy. That's usually way funnier than actual content that needs to be censored.
i smell the style of TTGL's Parallel Works....

Gainax, so much hated, so much loved...
Old 2010-09-24, 12:37   Link #294
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfrainMan View Post
If it's anything like the manga, Gainax isn't pulling any punches. Also, they secured a network that will allow them to do whatever they want. What worries me is how this is gonna go over with Crunchyroll. Will they censor this, like Juuden Chan and MPD Psycho?
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 13:52   Link #295
Milfeulle9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
If it's anything like the manga, Gainax isn't pulling any punches. Also, they secured a network that will allow them to do whatever they want. What worries me is how this is gonna go over with Crunchyroll. Will they censor this, like Juuden Chan and MPD Psycho?
God forbid it.
Old 2010-09-24, 18:09   Link #296
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
GAINAX made some weird choices in what shows it animates after Gurren Lagann:
  • Shikabane Hime (2008-9), distancing itself from the mindf*ck, which was their trademark for years
  • Hanamaru Youichen (2010), which was like nothing they have done before
  • and now this, which looks more like an american scatological comedy, but who knows

The only thing kept constant was gainaxing and probably even this troupe will be dropped by this show
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 00:22   Link #297
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
  • Shikabane Hime (2008-9), distancing itself from the mindf*ck, which was their trademark for years
  • and now this, which looks more like an american scatological comedy, but who knows

The only thing kept constant was gainaxing and probably even this troupe will be dropped by this show
It's difficult to tell with the art style and (especially) the quick cuts, but look at Stocking fairly late in the PV, where she's wearing the gym clothes and doing some sort of kata/attack. I think she's been elected to the Designated Gainaxer position. Not to mention every female ghost is probably going to be at least an F-cup.
Old 2010-09-25, 03:34   Link #298
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
What's wrong with Gainax branching into different genres? It shows that the studio is growing, and personally that's a great thing. Though of course, i've got nothing against them just producing epic mecha shows.

Also saying that their trademark is mide rape is just silly, though i don't expect anything less when it comes to people talking about Gainax. Shikabane Hime wasn't their first show that didn't involve it, and it was a fantastic series. All two seasons of it.

Oh, and you completely forgot about Rebuild of Evangelion.
Old 2010-09-25, 04:46   Link #299
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What's wrong with Gainax branching into different genres? It shows that the studio is growing, and personally that's a great thing. Though of course, i've got nothing against them just producing epic mecha shows.

Also saying that their trademark is mide rape is just silly, though i don't expect anything less when it comes to people talking about Gainax. Shikabane Hime wasn't their first show that didn't involve it, and it was a fantastic series. All two seasons of it.
Don't get me wrong, I also liked Shikabane Hime, despite its flaws. Branching to other gernes and/or troupes is not by itself a bad thing ... it's just that when you liked what they are already doing, change is not so welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Oh, and you completely forgot about Rebuild of Evangelion.
I did not mention it because there are other studios involved, like their maid shows.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 04:32   Link #300
_gallo_

From the first episode: http://newtype.kadocomic.jp/psg/story/

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gainax, seinen