AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 22:58   Link #2001
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Just because he brainwashed people and had sex?

He's done far worse things than brainwashed people and I don't recall any sex scene unless there's a sex tape running around that I missed.
The sex thing was a joke, I feel that by living and going with C.C, Lelouch has abandoned his responisibility, I implied he did that to have sex.

For me the thing that pissed me off was the brainwashing. stealing people's lives giving them a fate worse than death for no reason other than the fact that they where at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:58   Link #2002
Shaolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by itoastmysocks View Post
the wide brimmed hat + scarf the driver of the carrige wears is.. rather.... yeah... pretty... it practically screams that it's someone in disguise there... ^^

now I just need to watch it again to see if the dude really had white long hair or if that was just my imagination tricking me

btw... instant 10/10 for the orange field scene... and the 2nd half of the episode was just like I predicted it

Spoiler for flashbacks in death:
That does not look like lelouch at all. the guy in the carriage looks bigger, and even the skin color looks different. wish it was lelouch.

the ending was good. it was better than i thought it would be.
Shaolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:00   Link #2003
LemonMunchies

omg, the guy steering the cart with the horses in the end is Lelouch and C.C. is talking to him directly. So the series just ends before Lelouch begins to say anything. C.C. and Lelouch now run a farm in some faraway place so its actually a happy ending with LuluxC.C.

@Shaolyn: Lelouch just got buff and got a tan from all the farm work he is probably doing
LemonMunchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:00   Link #2004
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The sex thing was a joke, I feel that by living and going with C.C, Lelouch has abandoned his responisibility, I implied he did that to have sex.

For me the thing that pissed me off was the brainwashing. stealing people's lives giving them a fate worse than death for no reason other than the fact that they where at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Dude if you have geass to control people.. i think i know how you would use it....
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:00   Link #2005
Shaolyn

After all these episodes, i STLIL want to know C.C's name! wtf if lelouch actually did survive in the end they could have made lelouch answer C.C's question along with giving her name. damn sunrise.
Shaolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:02   Link #2006
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMunchies View Post
omg, the guy steering the cart with the horses in the end is Lelouch and C.C. is talking to him directly. So the series just ends before Lelouch begins to say anything. C.C. and Lelouch now run a farm in some faraway place so its actually a happy ending with LuluxC.C.
no, the sequel is Spice and Wolf R2
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:03   Link #2007
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Lazy_Mexican View Post
no, the sequel is Spice and Wolf R2
Spice and wolf R2: Living inside the Bag
Old 2008-09-28, 23:03   Link #2008
HeavyMetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
guess i won't need to bother watching Death Note with all these DN reference i'm reading since the past few episodes. I prolly already know how it ended and who;s who

hide it people, at least. If you want to talk about it.
To even have considered watching deathnote is a crime. Read the manga and stop when you see Mello and Near. You'll be way happier with the series.
HeavyMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:03   Link #2009
White-Snow-Empress

GEASS AWARDS 2008

For Best 'Happy Ending'- and the nominees are:
- Ougi and Viletta's marriage and child
- Jeremiah's orange field with Anya
- Kallen's school life

Spoiler for And the winner is...:

For Best Heart-Breaking Crying- the nominees are:
-CC praying in the altar
-Nunnally crying over his brother's body
-Suzaku while stabbing his best friend

For Best Performing Actor- and the nominees are:
- Lelouch and his 'I am evil incarnated' show
- Suzaku faking his death and playing 'Zero'
- Kallen saying 'That is Zero' after realising the truth

White-Snow-Empress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:03   Link #2010
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolyn View Post
That does not look like lelouch at all. the guy in the carriage looks bigger, and even the skin color looks different. wish it was lelouch.

the ending was good. it was better than i thought it would be.
Yeah.. when i first watched it (with crappy stream) i thought that was Mao and went 'WTH?' >__>

then 2nd onwards, i thought it was Lelouch.

inspite that, this Lelouch is alive thing needs to stop. he just mopped the floor with blood.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:04   Link #2011
AdvocatesConspirator

Out of curiousity has any anime ever been remade due to a poor response?
AdvocatesConspirator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:04   Link #2012
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvocatesConspirator View Post
Not that i know of but in ten years this will probably be remade
Old 2008-09-28, 23:05   Link #2013
finalnight
Supreme Commander

So anyone know what the Japanese reaction to this episode has been, on 2chan ,etc????
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:06   Link #2014
Only_a_Shadow
Kotomi~!

10/10. Very satisfied.

LOL AT SPICE AND WOLF 2! That would be great.

Oh and...
Spoiler for Code Geass and Spice and Wolf:
Old 2008-09-28, 23:06   Link #2015
Liddo-kun
is this so?

10/10 for final episode.

Lelouch sacrificing his life so the world will be a better place. It was Zero requiem's true purpose. I'm sad Lelouch had to die for it.

The only bad things in the end is that C.C real name not mentioned. And Ougi survive, I hate him till the last episode. >.>

EDIT: I think it's possible Lelouch survived and he's the one with C.C on the wagon, because other characters who were previously though dead like Nunally, Sayoko, Guilford, Cornelia can come back. Maybe Lelouch will appear again on a Code Geass movie.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:07   Link #2016
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalnight View Post
So anyone know what the Japanese reaction to this episode has been, on 2chan ,etc????
It WAR!!!!!! , bitching and trolling and the usual
Old 2008-09-28, 23:09   Link #2017
neothe0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvocatesConspirator View Post
The ending of Evangelion. Multiple times.

You could also argue that the ending of Gundam SEED DESTINY was remade twice as well. (God knows that series is horrible compared to its prequel though, CGR2 doesn't come close to being that bad)
Old 2008-09-28, 23:10   Link #2018
Nobodyman9
Banned

Whoo! Wow, what a hell of a way to end a series. And still, I feel there are some things that were rushed/left unfinished. But overall, I think this was a great end to the series.

Man, I really thought Suazku was dead when the Lancelot blew up, and that was a great batte with him and Kallen. And Jeremiah finally used his Geass Cancellor again and to revive Anya's memories no less, most excellent. Man, I gotta tell ya, everyone just looked so degrading tied to a post and wearing those straight jackets during their "execution" (well, I guess that's the point) Oh, and I don't mind saying I was all WTF?! when Zero appeared. And Lelouch's death (yes, I know some think he's still alive) was just awesome. It made me feel so sorry for Nunnally. So, the world hates Lelouch, but in the end he was really a hero. Hmm, I wonder if all the other tyrants throughout history (Genghis Khan, Ivan the Terrible, Vlad the Impaler, Hitler) were all truly heroes. Now, as far as everyone's endings.

-Ougi and Viletta got married. Well, at least one romance worked out on this show.
-Tamaki opens up a bistro. Eh, a fitting end.
-Kallen goes back to Ashford and is reunited with her mom. Well, I'm glad it worked out for her, but she was never my favorite character.
-Jeremiah and Anya pick oranges. Hee hee, I'm still giggling.
-Nunnally is the new Empress. I'm still wondering how she succeeded Cornelia and all the other Britannian bloodline, but okay.
-Suzaku is the new Zero. A fitting end so Zero can still be a hero, and Suzaku still has many sins to atone for.
-As for Lelouch and C.C. I personally think that Lelouch is dead and C.C. was talking to his spirit. Just my two cents on the matter.

Well, it certainly was a good run, and I don't want to get too much into what I thought of the series as a whole as I'm sure there will be a thread up for that soon, but suffice to say this was a great series and I want to thank Sunrise and Mr. Taniguchi for giving us such an awesome show and I can't wait to see more from them. Peace out.

All hail Lelouch.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:11   Link #2019
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybear View Post
Dude if you have geass to control people.. i think i know how you would use it....
unless the person who received such power will pretend that nothing ever happened. If it was me, i'd used it as much as i want to. You got it might as well use it than put it to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolyn View Post
After all these episodes, i STLIL want to know C.C's name! wtf if lelouch actually did survive in the end they could have made lelouch answer C.C's question along with giving her name. damn sunrise.
that would be lame.. it was b'coz of that that people here are still arguing if he's alive or not

i think this is a new record though, less than a day since the episode finished and the thread already reached 100+
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 23:11   Link #2020
missmedude

Have you guys thought of the Kallen's monologue in the end? Maybe it was actually a letter to Lelouch she was reading it out loud? Will that mean that Lelouch is still alive? Lol
missmedude is offline   Reply With Quote