AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-28, 18:03   Link #1841
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

I hate to say it, but by the time the SEED movie comes out, "Duke Nukem Forever" is already released for the XBox 720/PS4/etc.

I'll give it, when Gundam celebrates its 35th anniversary, or when SEED reaches its 10th anniversary.

As for the movie, they really to put over Shinn as the main character again, with Kira supporting him.
Old 2010-10-28, 18:11   Link #1842
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
I hate to say it, but by the time the SEED movie comes out, "Duke Nukem Forever" is already released for the XBox 720/PS4/etc.

I'll give it, when Gundam celebrates its 35th anniversary, or when SEED reaches its 10th anniversary.

As for the movie, they really to put over Shinn as the main character again, with Kira supporting him.
Actually DNF is supposed to come out next year, so by that logic the movie might be sooner than you think. :V
Old 2010-10-28, 18:12   Link #1843
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
What's this about?
Cags's VA, Naomi Shindou, didn't reprise her role in the various video game spinoffs, and because of this, Cagalli didn't appear in the games.

I forgot to mention that she's rumored to be on bad terms w/ Morosawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
As for WWE references, Lacus is totally Stephanie McMahon. Manages everything from behind the scenes.
Actually, it's Stephanie + Michelle McCool = Lacus.

A And now, the revised comparisons:

*Kira = John Cena + The Undertaker (explains why Kira can never die)
*Athrun = Triple H
*Shinn = Randy Orton
*Cagalli = Mickie James (or any Diva w/ legit wrestling skill; e.g., Natalya, Beth Phoenix)
Old 2010-10-28, 21:23   Link #1844
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I'm betting the movie will be like the other movies this season that come before it; a reintroduction of the SEED franchise to new fans. With the first movie a remake of the first SE. then the second becoming an Original Story that is part of another canon.

@Washu:
The thought of Chyna=Fllay doesn't look good for my mind.

Last edited by aeriolewinters; 2010-10-28 at 22:09.
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 11:38   Link #1845
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Cags's VA, Naomi Shindou, didn't reprise her role in the various video game spinoffs, and because of this, Cagalli didn't appear in the games.

I forgot to mention that she's rumored to be on bad terms w/ Morosawa.
She is on horrible terms with Morosawa actually. A well-documented fight took place between them...apparently there was some drama backstage and Shindou was sick of it, and the experience was apparently so bad that she never wants to do another Gundam show ever again.

I knew it! She IS butthurt that Athrun left her for Meyrin. XD

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 22:57   Link #1846
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
She is on horrible terms with Morosawa actually. A well-documented fight took place between them...apparently there was some drama backstage and Shindou was sick of it, and the experience was apparently so bad that she never wants to do another Gundam show ever again.

And according to the rumors, Shinn's, Athrun's, and Kira's VAs stood up for Shindou, and in retaliation, Morosawa derailed their characters, especially Shinn's and even Kira's.

I don't know what Rie Tanaka's stance is, but she did confirm in a 2008 appearance at the NYAF that Lacus was the hardest role she played to date, partly because she had to act in a certain way to satisfy Fukuda and Morosawa (i.e., she can't be herself).
Old 2010-11-09, 00:50   Link #1847
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:

What kind of drama would that be? I can't believe they would let personal feelings affect the Seed franchise like that. Derailing a character because you don't like them and ruin the script and the story is absolutely ridiculous.

I mean the voice actors probably don't give a dam because they're still being paid, it's Morosawa and her husband that's going to get all the hate. Didn't seem to affect Shinn and Athrun's VA at all they're still hot stuff in the anime industry. Duno about Cagalli's though...
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 01:13   Link #1848
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
And according to the rumors, Shinn's, Athrun's, and Kira's VAs stood up for Shindou, and in retaliation, Morosawa derailed their characters, especially Shinn's and even Kira's.
So the real reason that Kira lost to Shinn initially is revealed.

I'd be all for SEED done by say, the crew of Gundam 00. Or even Fukuda still, as long as Morosawa is sent to write newspaper articles in Antarctica or something. They had better not let that hack do anything for Gundam EVER again.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 01:45   Link #1849
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

It's not her fault, she had brain cancer while writing SEED.

She wrote superior anime in the form of Gear Fighter Dendoh before she developed cancer when moving onto write tripe like SEED.
Sanger Zonvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 07:38   Link #1850
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanger Zonvolt View Post
It's not her fault, she had brain cancer while writing SEED.

She wrote superior anime in the form of Gear Fighter Dendoh before she developed cancer when moving onto write tripe like SEED.
It just said that she had cancer, was never specified which type it was... and honestly guys, for better or for worse, her writing style defines SEED for what it is, if you remove Morosawa out of the equation, SEED might end up being good...but it won't be SEED for the hell of it. XD

That whole soap-opera teenage-drama feel is its main appeal, and personally, I wouldn't do anything to change it.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 08:13   Link #1851
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Quote:
It just said that she had cancer, was never specified which type it was... .
It is brain cancer.
Sanger Zonvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 08:29   Link #1852
Charred Knight

The idea that she intentionally derailed characters is silly, Kira was never derailed, and Athrun can barely be called derailed and that happened in the beginning of the series. Shinn's character was more likely due to the fact that Kira was a lot more popular and so he was relegated to a sympathetic villain.

It's certainly possible that Shindo had a fight over her character but frankly it's not the worse thing a Shindo character has ever been derailed.

If you honestly want to believe that every time a character is derailed that the Director or Writer is punishing the actor, than every Sunrise series since Mai-Hime would have had staff and actors fighting. I mean just look at what happened to Graham in Gundam 00, or Nina in Mai-Otome.

As for the Tanaka comment it simply means that Tanaka is more of a free spirit while Lacus is very composed, and sincere.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 13:39   Link #1853
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Not seeing how Graham was derailed in 00, but this is hardly the thread to ask about that...
Old 2010-11-10, 04:41   Link #1854
JediNight
キズランダム

I don't think anyone would be petty enough to ruin the writing of an entire anime series over a personal feud with some of the VAs. Especially with as much money on the line as Gundam. The simple answer is just that Destiny was written really poorly. Seed was a mostly faithful retelling of the original, while they deviated far too much from Zeta in S2 and ended up ruining it storywise.

This is why Destiny is a terrible series:
#1 - Focused too much on the S1 characters, despite the fact they were tapped out development-wise.
#2 - Let online popularity polls and gunpla sales numbers dictate the story.
#3 - MC (Shinn) was never developed and basically abandoned by halfway through.

Shinn was supposed to be a modern Kamille. But unlike Kamille, he never grew out of his childish phase and was never held accountable for his tantrums. I blame the lack of Bright Slaps to set him in line... So while Kamille had grown up a lot by halfway through the series, Shinn was still the same brat as Ep1. He ends up being a pathetic tool thats just manipulated by Dullindal the entire series. My only saving grace for him was that he ended Ep50 crying in his broken mech the same way he was in Ep1. I would have gagged if they had him do a last-minute alliance-change...

Online polls and sales numbers ended up dictating things like the story focus going back to Kira/Lacus. And the oft-maligned "Super Hacker Meyrin" episode after her figure sales were apparently terrible. (Athrun x Meyrin canon pairing olol...)

With the S1 characters tapped out development-wise, the only thing they could think to do was to have Athrun and Cagalli completely reset all their development like S1 never happened. And to basically leave Kira and Lacus be and coast along for the entire series exactly the same. Both Athrun and Cagalli end up having deep misgivings about their purpose and role in events, just like S1.

Kira was set up to be so godly (Jesus Yamato) in S1, that there was just figuratively no way for him to realistically lose in a battle. So what we end up with is them coming up with that terrible contrived "loss" at the 2/3 mark where he spends the entire battle looking backwards at the Archangel instead of paying attention. Why? To roll out a new gunpla model of course.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 05:23   Link #1855
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Either Morosawa was petty or she was just THAT BAD.

Hmmm.....both sound like equally horrible alternatives.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 10:54   Link #1856
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

good grief more about the mention of cagalli's seiyu vs morosawa?

like unless you assume fumiko got in the mix ofr meyrin push?

besides really IF you all keep yada yada yada on it maybe it like this you think on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olaXBUyrcZ0 ai KLAC is so now why don't we go like invade sunrise & get GS movie so that you finally to get next chapter of GS in the movie.

really IF that not enough then go NEXUS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA-271GIsZU for GS 3 while at it.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 10:58   Link #1857
Washu-Chan