AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2004-10-09, 17:34   Link #21
Pandora
Poisoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke
I decided to watch Rozen Maiden and Tsukuyomi when they are subbed, not raws, even thought its killing me to see new messages posted in threads knowing that they have already watched it.
Hear, hear! *grin*
Pandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 18:04   Link #22
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Anime Keep finally released episode 1 *dances*

Shame they're the only group doing this series, since while i prefer them, they're not as fast as others. And the wait has almost killed me

I totaly love this show

Spoiler for episode 1:

Shinku is sooooo cute, she's as cute as Hazuki, just in a different way. I want a new avatar!!! i want a Shinku avatar!!!!

Or better yet a signature pic with them both meh i wish i could make em

Eagerly awaiting episode 2 now, looks like its going to be fun from the promo.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 19:41   Link #23
Kensuke

Just watched the first episode... Holy s***, what an opening song! I don't know should I love it or hate it... I think I love it, very very weird and creepy. Music was awesome in actual episode also.

I was expecting just mediocre series, but in fact of all the series that have started this fall, I think this has a best first episode, even better than Tsukuyomi's. Very weird and funny in the same time. I laughed out loud several times.
Spoiler:

Just one thing. Twins separated in birth?
Spoiler:

Thank you Anime-Keep for subbing this series.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 21:22   Link #24
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Just finished watching ep1.... Love the OP. It has a very "Avenger" feal to it, and it sounds like the same singer to boot. Any verification on that?

Story seems very intresting. The snobby doll is cool ^_^. Jun doesnt seem to be a complete whimp, and his sister is some nice airhead comic relief.
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 02:11   Link #25
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
Just finished watching ep1.... Love the OP. It has a very "Avenger" feal to it, and it sounds like the same singer to boot. Any verification on that?

Story seems very intresting. The snobby doll is cool ^_^. Jun doesnt seem to be a complete whimp, and his sister is some nice airhead comic relief.
Ali Poject does the opening and the also did the OP/ED on Avenger as well as the OP to Noir (So Bee Train must like them)

Also I see the creators of this are Peach Pit who created DearS. It doesn't seem like a natural fit fo what I've come to expect from Bee Train but i enjoyed the first episode.
Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 07:05   Link #26
oasis

Send a message via ICQ to oasis Send a message via MSN to oasis
the dutch wife comment was hilarious. makes you wonder if shinku comes with, ahem, 'batteries' included.
oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 07:53   Link #27
fairx
I'mdafootfuckin'masta!

Out of many EGL style anime, this one grabs my attention!

Banzai GOTHIC!!
Banzai LOLI!! Banzai EGL..!!
fairx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 09:46   Link #28
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I didn't get the 'dutch wife' remark at all (I'm dutch so it caught my attention obviously) but looked it up so I understand what it's about now.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Trax; 2004-10-24 at 10:44.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 10:11   Link #29
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
the opening has the same music as avenger... i was like.. where have i heard this before.... and the animation kinda reminds me of hack... O.o the story kinda confusing...
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 10:21   Link #30
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I hope Ali Project can have more variety in their music, the Noir OP, Avenger OP/ED and now Rozen Maiden OP all sounds too much alike IMO, and in Rozen Maiden's case, doesn't sound really right to the anime
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 12:47   Link #31
Kagari-chan
銀の律動のムジカ

Send a message via AIM to Kagari-chan Send a message via MSN to Kagari-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin

Shame they're the only group doing this series, since while i prefer them, they're not as fast as others. And the wait has almost killed me
We had delays with episode 1 (mainly with the karaoke, and then it had to be reencoded a half a dozen times... but episode 2 should be out soon.
Kagari-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 12:57   Link #32
DarknessTear
Anime-Future/Static-Subs

This series SURPRISINGLY doesn't suck. I was ready for a suck fest but got a fairly decent experience instead. I guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover.
DarknessTear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 13:49   Link #33
SeedBoy

Wow, a very interesting anime. I just finished watching ep.1 also. It's soo amazing how Japan's anime come up with all these interesting storyline, characters-plot. Another in my watch list, have about over 10 animes in my current watch list now. Im starting to loose control over all these new season animes cause they are too many. I love them all.
SeedBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 13:53   Link #34
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Oh, yeah liked this quite a bit. I don't quite get the dutch wife comment ether. :P Anyway I found part where Shinku poked Jun's eyes with her hood (correct term plz) to be graet and oddly enough, I can realy emphisie with Jun for some reasion. Maybe it's cause he looks a bit like me back in my earlyer years but...

Well done Ani-Keep, you've got a monoply on me (with Bleach and Rozen Maiden) as far as "Legal fansubs" are concerned (I'm contining to watch Rockman.exe, Axess and the Digimon Series via Wolfpack as A) Frounteir never made it to the uk so it's unlicenced as far as I care. And I B) I find the dub of Rockman.exe to be appaling.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 14:38   Link #35
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Spoiler:
I just watched 01, and yeah I already have a strong dislike of Jun already. You don't treat your bigger sister like that, especially she's that cute. Nori is older than him. She shouldn't take that crap from Jun. I thought elder siblings are suppose to govern over younger siblings, not the other way around. Because often I see older bro/sis roughing up younger siblings, you know, to show them their place. Even I do that to my younger bro . On top that that, Nori plays Lacrosse? I saw Lacrosse a few times, and one of my friend plays Lacrosse a lot, and he says it's quite a hardcore sport (its similar to hockey). You can wack people with your Lacrosse stick...and it looks quite painful. Anyways, this anime has quite a peculiar premise, but dolls fighting dolls? Hmm, I never liked dolls after seeing a bit too much Chucky when I was little. Still on my to watch list.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 14:56   Link #36
catcat
M.O.M.O ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I hope Ali Project can have more variety in their music, the Noir OP, Avenger OP/ED and now Rozen Maiden OP all sounds too much alike IMO, and in Rozen Maiden's case, doesn't sound really right to the anime

like maria-sama ga miteru ~haru~ op - pastel pure?
catcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 20:51   Link #37
daft27
Aim High, Fall Short

Send a message via AIM to daft27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
I just watched 01, and yeah I already have a strong dislike of Jun already.
I know exactly what you mean. In the first half of the episode, Jun just did nothing but disgust with his attitude towards everything. I was thinking that the Rozen Maiden sent to him was something of evil (judging from the opening sequence) but now it looks like the doll will actually help nuture Jun into a better person.

On another note, Jun's character design reminds me a lot of Neneko from DearS.
daft27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 20:56   Link #38
jonny-mt
どこ見てるのよ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin

After probably as many delays as AKeep (that opening really was a bitch), Ayu will be releasing ours very shortly, too. So don't worry; we'll be nipping at each other's heels to get you your quality Rozen fix as fast as possible
jonny-mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 04:11   Link #39
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny-mt
After probably as many delays as AKeep (that opening really was a bitch), Ayu will be releasing ours very shortly, too. So don't worry; we'll be nipping at each other's heels to get you your quality Rozen fix as fast as possible
wooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo gimme gimme gimme gimme

I love the opening have to admit, its a really freaky song. Any one fully understand what was going on in the first part of the show, cause it stumped me completely.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 11:05   Link #40
fairx
I'mdafootfuckin'masta!

Ali Project Op (Rozen & Avenger) relly sounds like an Arabian song.. don't u guys think?
fairx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, supernatural