Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-07, 17:55   Link #41
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
....A broken-down machine that shouldn't be very difficult for somebody like Vegapunk to repair (and even upgrade). Again, even if his mind is gone, the WG could still consider his body to be a valuable weapon of mass destruction....
Then again if the WG could control his mind perfectly, they could just stripped him of his Shichibukai status and replace him with someone else who want Shichibukai privilege to serve the WG and Kuma will still serve them since he can't go against their order and obviously he doesn't need it. That way they got more firepower on their side.
Old 2012-03-07, 19:23   Link #42
gazawraith

Wow. Law has the highest known bounty of the Shichibukai now.

anyone hazard a guess who the other two new Shichibukai will be? Just for the hilarity of it I'd wanna see Buggy sat there next to Mihawk.
Old 2012-03-07, 19:31   Link #43
Mateus

I was hoping for Buggy to be a new Shichibukai, but now with the revelation of Law being one of the new 3, I hope it is someone else because I don't want to see two similar abilities clash on the same team (even if Buggy's self-effecting unlike Law's).
Old 2012-03-07, 19:48   Link #44
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I was hoping for Buggy to be a new Shichibukai, but now with the revelation of Law being one of the new 3, I hope it is someone else because I don't want to see two similar abilities clash on the same team (even if Buggy's self-effecting unlike Law's).
I disagree because of the nature of the two characters. Buggy is a comic relief character, not a fighter. Quite frankly it doesn't matter what abilities he has since we not gonna see him fighting the strawhats.
Old 2012-03-07, 20:45   Link #45
Blackbeard D. Kuma

The biggest revelation by far in this chapter is Law being a new recruit amongst the shichibukai. Really looking forward to seeing him and Smoker interact. We may learn even more about what transpired during the 2 year time-skip from them. Also, I'd imagine that in addition to sending the hearts of 100 pirates to the marines, his involvement at the Marineford war can also be attributed to his massive bounty increase. 440 million really is something.
Old 2012-03-07, 23:49   Link #46
Ami-chan
Raging Ami-chan Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
I still dont understand how the lower body could talk
Mini den den mushi in pants pockets?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/mrjasonpark/Sigs%20and%20Avys/Momo-01-1.jpg
Old 2012-03-08, 00:46   Link #47
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

how about M for Magellan?
Old 2012-03-08, 02:29   Link #48
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
Now there's a possibility. At any rate, if Kidd is unlikely to be a shichibukai, then that leaves Jewelry Bonney to take up the position since she was captured by Akainu. The only other possible canidate I would hope for would be Basil Hawkins but seeing as he can choose his own destiny, it may very be unlikely.
Old 2012-03-08, 05:21   Link #49
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

One Piece 659
Law being a Shichibukai is big news. There was tons of information in this chapter. The Straw hats have all the body parts of the Samurai, they just need to contact each other. There is now 6 groups. Samurai, Law, PH, Straw hats, CC, and the Marines. The PH and the CC group have not identified the intruders and the prison break has Straw Hats yet. I wonder if Law knows if they are on the Island? With Law working with the PH guys that does not bold well for the Samurai's son if he is or was a prisoner at the facility. I thought Smoker would be immune to the gas, but he had to wear the mask. I like how Sanji fights, he has always been a smart fighter in the group. I also think that is what makes him strong fighter. The Samurai guy got into a fight with the CC group earlier. He must of done some real damage to piss of the boss of the CC group If the boss is looking for him.

Shichibukai
With Law in the Shichibukai, I don't feel that the Shichibukai are has threatening to the Straw Hats has they were two years ago. I think it feels that way because Law was in the same Supernova Class has Luffy and Zoro. The Last time the Shichibukai members went toe to toe with the straw hats they did pretty well, the Leaders held out pretty strongly, Kuma even defeated the Straw Hats, but the henchmen did not do so hot against the Straw hat crew. This time around I feel they will at least need 2 or 3 Shichibukai level fighters to face off with Straw hats. Who knows Kuma might show up again to assist or Smoker might have to assist Law in trying to defeating the Straw Hats if they fight. Maybe Law and Luffy will not fight. If Luffy and Zoro were Shichibukai, I wonder were they would stand with the Shichibukai members we know right now?
Old 2012-03-08, 06:15   Link #50
yakumo-chan

since trafalgar Law was Luffy's doctor,
would it be possible that Luffy's heart include in 100 hearts that Law trade for Shichibukai title... just a theory... what do you guys think?

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2012-03-08 at 06:31.
Old 2012-03-08, 07:32   Link #51
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I wasn't kidding when I said Law's popularity is going to sky rocket:

Screen shot posted on one piece addict on facebook.

Spoiler:
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-03-08, 07:41   Link #52
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
since trafalgar Law was Luffy's doctor,
would it be possible that Luffy's heart include in 100 hearts that Law trade for Shichibukai title... just a theory... what do you guys think?
That's a theory brought up quite often, actually. We'll need an explanation why Luffy is still alive all these years, then. Of course, there's always the explanation that Law can keep people alive even after cutting them up. And assuming that it is true, wouldn't the government have killed him already? I don't think they have a reason to keep someone who has been a big thorn on their side alive for any reasons. Anyway, I doubt it.

And I don't really think Buggy is the kind of character who would want to be a Shichibukai. Other than the strength issue, which he obviously cannot hide from the government forever, I don't think he's the kind of person who wants to share his treasures with them (saw someone brought that up in Naruto Forums). Remember that Shichibukais have to share their plunders with the government. Furthermore, his ID crewmates look up to him and basically want him to become the next Pirate King, and being a Shichibukai would throw away that opportunity. That would make them very disappointed. Someone related to Roger lowering himself to the standard of a government lapdog? I'm sure that's what they'll think.

And M being Magellan... Magellan is Paramecia, not Logia, so it's not possible. Plus, M clearly wants to avoid the Marines and even went as far as stopping them with poison gas. Magellan is on the Marine's side, and there's no reason he would want to stop Smoker from getting to the island. I doubt seeing all those prisoners escape two years ago would drive him mad and turn him villainous either.

Last edited by game2007; 2012-03-08 at 07:43. Reason: adding quote and clearer info
Old 2012-03-08, 08:39   Link #53
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

The WG knows full well that Buggy is a weakling...however he not only has a very dangerous crew of escaped ID convicts but he also has connections to Shanks and Gol D. Roger. In opinion, giving him a Shishibukai position is quite idea for the WG's image.
Old 2012-03-08, 09:39   Link #54
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I wasn't kidding when I said Law's popularity is going to sky rocket:

Screen shot posted on one piece addict on facebook.

Spoiler:
this made me laugh really hard! that's yahoo philippines!
Old 2012-03-08, 10:17   Link #55
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I'll tell you what! That Jose Malano sure is awesome!
Old 2012-03-08, 10:29   Link #56
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I'll tell you what! That Jose Malano sure is awesome!
i believe so! ranking just below law, that's quite a feat! well, i guess you could say he's the buggy of the philippines.
Old 2012-03-08, 11:01   Link #57
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I disagree because of the nature of the two characters. Buggy is a comic relief character, not a fighter. Quite frankly it doesn't matter what abilities he has since we not gonna see him fighting the strawhats.

Aye. As much as I love Buggy, even I acknowledge that he's not really the fighting type. However, as was already mentioned his connections to Roger and Shanks give him enough influence to get away with with damn near anything! And honestly, even if he has to share some of his "profits" with the government, I'd think the extra benefits he'd gain with his position far outweigh the disadvantage of sacrificing a small portion of his loot. Besides, his newfound reputation would technically ensure that he'll have less hurdles on his quest to find Captain John's loot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Is that really Law greeting Smokers men? It's not that liquid guy assuming Law's form?

Obviously Law must have been around at some point for shambles to be used, but something seems off.
I'm pretty sure he's the real deal, since we never had any indication that "M" could disguise himself like that. If anything seems "off" it's the fact that Law is hanging around that island in the first place (what with it even being closed off to government personnel and all). There may be a possibility that Law is working together with "M", but it's really anyone's guess at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post

Nope, don't think so. I mentioned this before, but the PH guys referred to him as "master" (yes, in English) when using "M", so that's what I'm assuming it stands for. If his name really DOES start with an "M", then it's much more likely to be someone else aside from Magellan (besides, he's not a logia, as was pointed out before).

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Shichibukai
With Law in the Shichibukai, I don't feel that the Shichibukai are has threatening to the Straw Hats has they were two years ago. I think it feels that way because Law was in the same Supernova Class has Luffy and Zoro. The Last time the Shichibukai members went toe to toe with the straw hats they did pretty well, the Leaders held out pretty strongly, Kuma even defeated the Straw Hats, but the henchmen did not do so hot against the Straw hat crew. This time around I feel they will at least need 2 or 3 Shichibukai level fighters to face off with Straw hats. Who knows Kuma might show up again to assist or Smoker might have to assist Law in trying to defeating the Straw Hats if they fight. Maybe Law and Luffy will not fight. If Luffy and Zoro were Shichibukai, I wonder were they would stand with the Shichibukai members we know right now?

Really, there's no guarantee that Law will be an enemy or a friend. Honestly, he kinda strikes me as the type of guy who'd whore himself out to whoever as long as he deems them beneficial to his cause (kinda like Doflamingo, in that sense). That being said, he could be Luffy's ally for now, then become his deadliest enemy in a future storyline. Again, it's pretty much anyone's guess at this point.

Also, as far as Law holding Luffy's heart "hostage" goes, I suppose that's a pretty interesting theory. Though the impression I had was that he presented the WG with the hearts of dead pirates, not living ones. I mean, we already knew that he could split limbs apart without the person dying, but organs are a lot more fragile, y'know? Plus, killing those pirates would be more befitting of someone known as the "surgeon of death".....
Old 2012-03-08, 14:50   Link #58
Mateus

So we still don't know if Law and the gas guy are working together or if they are enemies, etc. Could the gas guy be Vegapunk himself?
Old 2012-03-08, 14:54   Link #59
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
With the world government being involved in business on the island, does anyone else think that we can expect a bounty raise for the Strawhats after this arc is over? If I remember correctly, all of them, with the exception of Luffy, are still sitting on their bounty that they got after Enies Lobby. So it's about time to change that in my opinion, especially considering that the highest one is currently Zoro's with 'just' 120.000.000 berry.

Chopper's bounty will probably never change at all, though.^^
Old 2012-03-08, 15:44   Link #60
marvelB

^Quoting myself from the last chapter thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, something just occurred to me: Since we've got the involvement of Smoker AND a shichibukai in this storyline (on an island that's connected to Vegapunk, no less), this may end up being the point where the rest of the Straw-Hats will get their long-overdue bounty hikes.

Personally, I'm betting that Chopper's bounty will go up by an extra (meager) 50 berry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Could the gas guy be Vegapunk himself?

Nope, don't think that's the case, either. The gas dude was even flat-out talking smack about Vegapunk last chapter. I wouldn't doubt that he's connected to him in some way, but the impression I have is that gas guy is a new character altogether.....
Closed Thread