AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-10-22, 04:04   Link #481
PzIVf3

I laugh those prison guys charging head on first without waiting a signal to attack and forgot to aim at the weak spot but sadly it went carnage. It appear the next stage will be the Governor.

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2012-10-22 at 04:21.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 07:46   Link #482
james0246

Another damn fine episode. Not much to directly talk about without spoiling the events, but there was some great Rick development (especially with his wife...damn their relationship has become glacial), and it was nice to see how Herschel's dilemma was solved (and that's putting it mildly). Solid plot progression all around, and even more zombie deaths . 83/100.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 11:01   Link #483
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Loving the pacing so far in season 3 and it was nice to see a certain someone make it through okay at the end. Looks like next week we will finally get to Andrea's story, which should keep the pace of things rolling along nicely. It is certainly looking like this season will provide more material for narrative so I don't think we will see another "snail paced" show like we did in season 2.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 11:57   Link #484
Lost Cause

So I caught up with our intrepid survivors last night and all I can say is;"WOW, what the hell happened?!" I mean it in a good way, first their acting in a militaristic fashion, there not taking any guff off of anyone they encounter (the showdown between Rick and the lead inmate was expected, and nicely done!), the up grade in weaponery was overdue, and Rick's atitude toward the wife well done!
It seems I have a show to watch now on sunday nights again, thanks AMC, the writers and directors for making this show more about surviving than about a drama filled soap opera!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 11:59   Link #485
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I love the action so far, and I love the way the characters have evolved, taking a no risk approach towards the group's survival, an honest mix of cruelty and rationality.

And based on the first two episodes, it seems this season will be better than the last one, which is great for us the fans.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 09:14   Link #486
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I finally caught up with the series. The place where I'm renting a room from doesn't have AMC, so I had to use alternative means of seeing this.

I'm really loving the story so far. Hershel is a fine example of what happens when you get careless. The inmate leader guy had to go especially after the stunt he pulled on Rick, which I expected him to pull something, but I just wasn't expecting that. Rick made the right choice about him, and the running inmate. Also glad to see T-Dog get some more screen time.

Endless "Alternative Means" Soul
Old 2012-10-28, 22:52   Link #487
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

meh, never liked andrea. too naive in a world that's too cruel.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 23:05   Link #488
james0246

Damn you Andrea, why must your taste in men be so awful. You've got a good woman in Michonne, just give up on men and get a nice cabin togther and live happily ever after. Oh well.

Shipping aside, great introduction for the Governor. David Morrisey's accent threw me a little at first, but overall strong characterization and fun craziness. Can't wait to see what this character does next, especially when he begins to interact with Rick's group.

Pacing was also decent, and Merle was fun to see back in action. The general creepiness of Woodbury is also nicely tense (can't help but feel the women there will soon become nothing more than chattel to the Governor and his goons, especially Merle and the black guy eyeing Michonne). Overall, 78/100, some good ground covered but still a little uneven.
Old 2012-10-29, 00:59   Link #489
PzIVf3

I dont know if this is a bad writing all the people town including Andrea gets easily brainwashed from the cult leader like a God.

Im only interesting Rick group than the Governor.
Old 2012-10-29, 12:56   Link #490
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Pacing was also decent, and Merle was fun to see back in action. The general creepiness of Woodbury is also nicely tense (can't help but feel the women there will soon become nothing more than chattel to the Governor and his goons, especially Merle and the black guy eyeing Michonne). Overall, 78/100, some good ground covered but still a little uneven.
Oh good I wasn't the only one getting a real rapey vibe from all of the men in that place apart from the scientist. I'm surprised no one questioned how 7 heavily armed military guys got torn apart in 1 day by walkers, I'm really curious to see what Gov's M.O. is; how he picks and chooses who gets to live and who dies.

I think it's kind of stupid though, if you have 7 trained soldiers potentially 8 if that guy survived, why not take them into your community to help up your defenses.

I do get a real warlord vibe from Gov though, like Shane with a nicer and smoother way of talking to people (I bet they only follow Gov because of his accent).

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 10:22   Link #491
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The Governor is an impressive character. From the outside he looks like a reasonable leader but the truth is he's a very calculative, manipulative and ruthless person.

I seen a picture of the comic book version of the Governor and the TV version looks better since it's doesn't scream "Obviously Evil".
Old 2012-11-04, 05:30   Link #492
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Oh good I wasn't the only one getting a real rapey vibe from all of the men in that place apart from the scientist. I'm surprised no one questioned how 7 heavily armed military guys got torn apart in 1 day by walkers, I'm really curious to see what Gov's M.O. is; how he picks and chooses who gets to live and who dies.

I think it's kind of stupid though, if you have 7 trained soldiers potentially 8 if that guy survived, why not take them into your community to help up your defenses.

I do get a real warlord vibe from Gov though, like Shane with a nicer and smoother way of talking to people (I bet they only follow Gov because of his accent).
Well, the entire US army lost to the walkers, so just being 'military' isn't enough anymore. [cut]

Last edited by james0246; 2012-11-04 at 06:43. Reason: Please, no spoilers of any kind.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 00:31   Link #493
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ooh, good episode. i was half expecting
Spoiler:

but that may have been over the top even for this show.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 15:14   Link #494
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Three black characters rule is in full effect.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 10:33   Link #495
james0246

Damn good episode. The pacing was phenomenal (even the Woodbury segments were nicely done...though I still don't understand Andrea's motivations (beyond getting a little sumthin sumthin)), and the sheer emotion was staggering. I admit, I was a little misty-eyed by the end. 86/100.

Spoiler for someone may or may not die, this spoiler tag is to prevent you from knowing :)...:
Old 2012-11-06, 10:57   Link #496
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
It´s a matter of power/control.

From the Governator's P.o.V., would you really want 7-8 higly trained and capable warriors running around in your hen house?
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 18:25   Link #497
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

I am stunned by this weeks episode....stunned, brilliant TV, brilliant show! I kind of can't stand Karl but sucks for him to have to do what he did. could you do it?
Old 2012-11-06, 19:17   Link #498
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Spoiler for someone may or may not die, this spoiler tag is to prevent you from knowing :)...:
Really? You don't remember all the dumb stuff she did? The stupid decisions she made? I think she was discarded because people kept getting fed up with how she was written (which was really inconsistent) and the writers just decided to cut their losses. It happens in the comics as well for what it's worth.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 22:53   Link #499
PzIVf3

Remember from previous ep. Carol wants to practice a surgery on zombie? There is a connection that Lori might be still alive.
Old 2012-11-07, 02:36   Link #500
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Really? You don't remember all the dumb stuff she did? The stupid decisions she made? I think she was discarded because people kept getting fed up with how she was written (which was really inconsistent) and the writers just decided to cut their losses. It happens in the comics as well for what it's worth.
Lori was no more stupid or unrealistic than any of the other characters, especially judging by their actions last season (no one survived Season 2 unscathed). I don't doubt that fans dislike her, I just think their dislike is generally misplaced.

And, I do understand cutting your loses, I just feel Lori deserved a chance to clear the air before she was sent off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Spoiler for episode spoilers...:
Spoiler for episode spoilers...:

Tags
zombie apocalypse, zombies