AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-28, 15:35   Link #1361
Sepheria

Quote:
Originally Posted by attobyte View Post
Huh? Are the Light Novels still going?
Hasn't Kodaka said "yes" to Sena's feelings? Now I'm really confused.
In the end of the 8th volume we saw that Kodaka was finally ready to tell Sena his answer, so we'll probably know it in the 9th. However, the 9th hasn't been released yet, the volume we're talking about it's Hagani Connect, that it contains basically the same story told from different characters *and also deepenings of their past*
Sepheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 17:13   Link #1362
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepheria View Post
sorry to ask you, but if it wouldn't be too much, could you please tell me what it's happening here? http://book.sfacg.com/Novel/8068/53604/363434/
from what I could understand
Spoiler for Yozora ( I think ):
I'm not really sure if it's what it exactly happen ( nor chinese nor english is my first language ), but if it is so I guess that the suicide path could really become true...
Spoiler for Yozora:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 23:40   Link #1363
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Whoa, the new information from the new Connect are very interesting, especially about Stella. Wonder if she will make more appearance on later volume and will finally have closure...

And I just finally catch up to the latest translated chapter of vol 8. Before I'm not sure which chapter the second season will end, but after reading chapter 4, I think it pretty fits to be last episode material considering the opening scene suggest season 2 will cover until the school festival and the film project.

Though maybe they have to make some adjustment since at that point Kodaka and Rika's interaction doesn't have its closure yet, ending the season with Kodaka's denying their status will leave bad after taste. Perhaps they will skip Kodaka and Rika scene at the rooftop (save it for third season, maybe ), making Rika sick for other reason so she couldn't finish the editing in time, or other original plot leading to the same result with Neighbor Club happily watches the movie just for themselves on their club room at the last day of festival, while the riajuu are partying outside.
Old 2013-01-31, 20:00   Link #1364
csuree
The Most Hated™

honestly now that the second season started airing, I had re-read the whole light novel and watched all the episodes.
Yozora is just pathetic, she is so evil,posessive, manipulative and arrogant with no sign of any humble attitude. I can't see a love flag raised for her at all, during the whole story she did not evolve to be a better human. she still has the same personality and sometimes shows some affectionate sides but those are when Kodaka is with her or she wants to keep Kodaka from the other girls.
As for Sena....her flag was triggered at their first trip to the pool. She might be just as bad as Yozora, in terms of attitude but at least she showed multiple signs of evolution, She can be humble, and lovely and very cute too and then she loses that arrogant aura around her. Her being in love woth Kodaka started when she was scolded at the first "date" and after she began saying those "small lettered" remarks. She confessing is a big step....forward.
Rika....she is a hard case... but she is the closest to a true friend of them all. Her pervy outbursts are just a facade, she is so smart she knows everything, but as you know knowledge is power and she does not want to wield a weapon as strong as that.
Yukimura... no commment... she is like I don't really know... a phantom character....her presence can be felt but ......it is not significant YET.
Kobato.....Clear case of bother complex......
Maria....cute kid... just like a 10 year old.....

And as a conclusion we can draw that except Yozora....All the club members have leveled up....in terms of social interaction.....

Spoiler for i feel them....:
Old 2013-02-01, 05:32   Link #1365
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

There was this crazy discussion in 2ch a few hours ago about some rumors that the anime staff were foreshadowing things in the OP for this season and the ED of season 1 where Sena was always projected like some kind nun/saint kind of thing on which after they graduated high school that she'll be Maria and Kate's new apprentice nun. Why did she made this choice is resulted in Kodaka's answer to the engagement on the next volume. Crazy if this turn out to be true. I doubt even the anime staff knew the whole story unless the author is working with them season.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 09:14   Link #1366
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
I doubt even the anime staff knew the whole story unless the author is working with them season.
Well, the author is working with them this season; he's sharing the story planning credit, and even said he moved to Tokyo so he could work more closely with them. So it is probable that they know what he's thinking.

That being said, I'd take the "foreshadowing" rumour with a giant grain of salt at this point. It could easily be misdirection in multiple directions, and could just as easily mean absolutely nothing.
Old 2013-02-01, 10:54   Link #1367
ueXia

God I'm gonna be so pissed if the author goes for the Yozora route AND creates whatever excuse to leave Sena out of the run.

Last edited by ueXia; 2013-02-01 at 11:05.
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 12:17   Link #1368
Lota

I hope there's something better in store for Yozora. A short while after she met Kodaka, things have been going downhill for her (some of it (ok, most of it) is her own fault though). She can't express herself well (more like, at all), unlike Sena, so she can't really do anything. Sena's been more assertive and since all of Yozora's plans backfired on her, the cute blond's been mostly getting her way. If Kodaka answers her feelings and that's it, I'm going to be angry. If things just keep spiraling down for Yozora... it's just not fair! I just want something good to happen for her. Not necessarily romantic, but just something good, a game changer.

Last edited by Lota; 2013-02-01 at 12:50.
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 12:41   Link #1369
Sepheria

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
honestly now that the second season started airing, I had re-read the whole light novel and watched all the episodes.
Yozora is just pathetic, she is so evil,posessive, manipulative and arrogant with no sign of any humble attitude.
Sorry, I have got nothing against you, but I would like to take this occasion to point out something that I think a lot of fans don't see.
I mean, ok, I can't deny that Yozora has a bad behavior, but I can't really stand when people truly think she's evil or a bitch.
Of all the members of the club, she's probably the only one who has a real big issue.

*the text is quite deformed, but unfortunately it's the only translation we have*

"The psychological void to fill the eagle disappeared, she made ​​a lot of attempts.
Recall these things alone, the night sky will be depressed to want to roll over the floor, too failed too failed too failed too failed too failed ...
Subsequently, the night sky's the ultimate choice - give up."

We know for sure that Kodaka's departure had an heavy impact on Yozora's life, and furthermore it has been said that Tomo-chan was created after an event that occurred in high school ( now, we have no idea what exactly happened, but I think it's pretty obvious that it was something important )

Moreover, in the latest novel, in the chapter where the protagonist is one of Kobato's classmate, we discover first that Yozora works at a bookstore in the weekends ( though, this could be for different reason, maybe she just want some money for hobbies, maybe she has economical problems, who knows), and second, Yozora's parents are divorced, and the father is not around ( it also seems that she dislikes him ). Another significant thing in the same chapter, is that Yozora has actually a good relationship with this student. Maybe they're not friend, but however she treats him pretty well in my opinion, proof of the fact that if she wants she can actually have a normal relation ( another example is Maria. At the start, like the novel confirmed, she behaved kindly to her, but after having accidently slap Maria she had to change plans, or no one would have give her the permission for the club )

Yozora, until the return of Kodaka, has never wanted another friend or boyfriend. However, when she realized that him ( probably the only person who has ever understood her and of wich she can trust ) could finally come back in her life, she didn't want to lose the opportunity. What really makes her act so bad, it's Kodaka itself. If we were in another situation, she would have probably just ignored all the other girls. Her problem, it's that she thinks that Kodaka it's the only person worthy of her trust, and so, having to live together with the other members of the club, she prefers to stay inside her "shell" and rejects anyone else ( and ironically, the cause of her failure with Kodaka it's the shell itself ).

Ergo, Yozora is probably the only one who truly needs help. Her issue is caused by psychological problems, not pride, evilness or whatever, that they're more like a "mask".

Sorry for the grumble, but seriously, I think that too many people don't see how much sorrow Yozora has to lead. That's true, sometimes she crosses the limit with her action, but having lived similar things I can totally understand her pain and her problems. ( god, I can't believe I spent so much time on this :I )
Old 2013-02-01, 13:42   Link #1370
csuree
The Most Hated™

nah it is okay.. i kinda understand your point too...Sadly i was in her shoes, acting like a dipsh.t..... but i hated myself for being like that.... that is why i kinda dislike her too....

after i graduated from college i began to spiral down as well.....i started drinking and smoking weed (not hardcore but i was drunk at least 6 times/ month)...and my attitude was getting like Yozora's but with a little help from a pair of girls (friends only) i learned to control myself enough so i would not become a scumbag. but i'm still a loner though...

I hope fate holds something for her salvation too...

So thinking about it you are right about it as she created the club only to Kodaka and her but the others had come unwillingly and this put sand in her well oiled plan. this might be a reason for her to push them away....but you know pushing away 3-4 people that care about you in a way or another will backfire as they will fed fed up with her attitude and leave her alone.
But I foresee that this will be avoided by a series of events that will bring her close to everybody....

about Sena becoming a nun......hmmm I hope she will not do that....i have an ominous feeling that Kodaka will reject her. (God i hate when a lovable cute girl gets dumped for no strong reason)...i honestly want them to become a couple...
And as the opening of volume 7 said... they are striving to get friends but they forget it that they have already became a circle of close friends...When will they realize this? good question huh?

off
Boku ha tomodachi ga sukunai....(i have few friends).....i have even less...(zero)....so i envy them...
many people suggest i should change.....ok. i heard it... but how do i start? /off
Old 2013-02-02, 23:48   Link #1371
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Everyone has their emotional baggage as proof that they're alive. I don't know about Yozora's circumstances, but what I know is that she's taking all the wrong steps, which is why a lot of anime viewers (myself included) can't stand her.
Her reasoning's become so warped (creating the club just to have an excuse to hang out with Kodaka, everyone else in there is just an extra...perhaps even a nuisance) that it's impossible that she ever becomes happy unless she changes her outlook on life.

Until she does so... people will continue to view her on a negative light...because honestly, she doesn't seem to have many redeemable qualities. Whatever her issues are, whatever the reason for her to don a mask, I stop feeling pity for her once she starts verbally abusing others, especially Sena.

Last edited by Dark Faith; 2013-02-03 at 15:42. Reason: Yikes, typo.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 14:40   Link #1372
cyberdemon

Honestly what Yozora needs isn't Kodaka as a lover. At best if he was to become her lover many of us would probably just see it as pity at this point. Nothing would be likely to change if he became her lover and the entire story would really become useless. She would be more likely just to cling to him more closely and shun others even more. If he just remained her friend then it might give her more room to grow. Him going out with Sena may be for the best for Yozora. I'd imagine that at first she would cut herself off completely from anyone, even Kodaka, but he would end up dragging her out as her friend and she would gain much more perspective. So long as she clings to the past, she will never see the future.

btw, how do the Japanese view the triangle. Who do they want more?
Old 2013-02-03, 21:23   Link #1373
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again. Yozora is messed up and it's probably not Kodaka's fault that she was like that. No matter what you say about how traumatic someone leaving is, she was like 7? 8? when it happened. Children are incredibly resilient at times. More so than most adults. And she was a outgoing friendly person when she met Kodaka. Something else messed her up.

What she needs isn't a romantic relationship. She needs therapy and then platonic relationships.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 23:28   Link #1374
Miraluka
Banned

Well, maybe its her fault, you know, self suggestion... .

Oh, some interesting info there(page 68).

So that means the woman in the illustration isn't Sena's but Stella's mother?? Or am I wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
Google translate doesn't understand that something is a name and not a regular word.
Hawk is Kodaka, Sky is Yozora and science is Rika.
◾Kodaka and Kobato's surname, Hasegawa (羽瀬川) literally means "Shallow River of Feathers"
◾Kodaka's name (小鷹) means "Little Hawk"
◾Her surname, Mikazuki (三日月) means "Cresent Moon" and her given name, Yozora (夜空) means "Night Sky". Put together, and her name means "Cresent Moon in the Night Sky".
◾Rika's given name (理科) means "Science".
Add Sena.

" Oak trees in a small peninsula " while Sena means Starlet.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-02-03 at 23:50.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 07:07   Link #1375
erdii

ı hope all of them end up as friends, not lovers and they live different lives after highschool. they would meet as friends many years later and so on. ı am really fed up with all these who he loves, who she loves stuff
Old 2013-02-07, 23:48   Link #1376
finalfury
Incognito

started searching for a volume 9 release date since its been more than half a year already and I am aware of the author's condition.
found this:
http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/book_detail/988
Volume 9 release date 03/25/2013.
can anyone who knows japanese confirm if this is correct?
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 00:30   Link #1377
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
started searching for a volume 9 release date since its been more than half a year already and I am aware of the author's condition.
found this:
That is indeed the release date given
Old 2013-02-08, 13:48   Link #1378
Sepheria

Quote:
found this:
hm, 03/25/2013, if I remember right, it should be also the release date of Buriki's artbook
Old 2013-02-08, 15:50   Link #1379
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepheria View Post
hm, 03/25/2013, if I remember right, it should be also the release date of Buriki's artbook
yes your right about that. now im not sure if the link was for volume 9 or the artbook
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 17:24   Link #1380
cyberdemon

Quote:
yes your right about that. now im not sure if the link was for volume 9 or the artbook
it's labeled Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 9

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen