AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-02-27, 12:25   Link #1281
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
P.S. Looks like once you clear the darned map, the difficulty ramps up a bit -- the two Ta-class BBs remain, but now they're joined by a gold CL and two other carriers. Ouch. The Gold CLs are THE number one enemies of subs here, as they'll tear them a new one easily.

EDIT: Hooooleeee heck, that's two Himes worth of nodes if you don't have four drums equipped for the north passage? Because that's what I got jumped by.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-02-27 at 13:18.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 20:45   Link #1282
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Dev tweet news:

Quote:
来週水曜日のメンテナンスは、アップデートを伴わないサーバシステムメンテナンスのみを実施予定です。また 、来月3月には、いよいよ海外艦が実装開始予定です。既に複数の艦娘が艤装を終え、実装準備中…お楽しみに ! ※海外艦最初の1隻の入手は「遠征」関係がキーとなる予定です。
Next week is a server system maintenance and will have no content update.

Coming for March, several foreign kanmusus are planned to be released. The first one will be obtainable via expedition.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 20:48   Link #1283
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Dev tweet news:

Coming for March, several foreign kanmusus are planned to be released. The first one will be obtainable via expedition.
If the insanely long submarine expeditions are prerequisites for it, I would be really sad.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 21:02   Link #1284
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

It sounds like the Kriegsmarine ships that were given to Japan when Germany surrendered that people have mentioned to me.

Edit: Also the north passage seems comparatively safer in exchange for the bauxite consumption. With barrels, it's pretty much just two battles before the Boss node, compared to the south path, which can force a retreat when the Abyss ships force cut-ins on you.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-02-27 at 21:34.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 04:25   Link #1285
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The good thing is, after playing Kantai Collection, i don't think i will ever enjoy any other Collection Cards~ish game ever again...

Mainly because of its business model that simply can't be replicated elsewhere. Already being spoiled with be able to access all of the "Cards" rather than have to spend $20 to roll some stupid gacha that will still give you crap nonetheless. Or have no access to 50-70% of contents being thrown out.

I think if Kancolle ever fails (or decide to ban foreign players... pls...don't), i will just give up on browser/ app games all together. Pretty much my last frontier now
Old 2014-02-28, 06:15   Link #1286
Mistwrath
Always confused . . .

Don't be too sure, well most games eventually will die off too.
Especially collection card games, people get bored of them once you have nothing else to do.
And Kancolle is pretty limited at the moment too.
Old 2014-02-28, 07:56   Link #1287
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwrath View Post
Don't be too sure, well most games eventually will die off too.
Especially collection card games, people get bored of them once you have nothing else to do.
And Kancolle is pretty limited at the moment too.
The problem is unless something else coming up from Japan, i really can't stand any other generic card collections game any more. I think i will shoot myself if i have to play one of those game that require real money to enter the special gacha slot thingy again

Already played every other collection games before btw, anything that can access through Ipad, Android or PC. And think back now, none of them seems to have any future. At least Kancolle just released a bunches of figma, and have the anime coming up, and hopefully can sustain their service through these goods. The only other games that came close to me was a facebook games called Crystal of... something by Square Enix, and they closed it off because the game model could not sustain itself.

PS: and might be because i joined late, but i love this game so much, that if they decide to produce a special occasion Kanmusu (let's just say... a loli Kongou DD) and allow players with HQ 100 or more to trade all their level, their cards, their resources, their map progression and starts all over again in exchange for this card.... I will definitely do it without thinking twice. Yes I will replay this game all over again because that is how fun it was for me

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-02-28 at 08:12.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 10:05   Link #1288
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Let's see... 5-4's such a massive resource sink that I'm actually going to have to spend the rest of tomorrow regenerating my fuel reserves (such bad timing, with the next event looming), but it's also fruitful drop-wise. I've gotten Kumano, clones of Zuikaku and Shoukaku, and Akigumo. Still no Uzuki though.

The massive Admiral exp even on rank A helps too.
Old 2014-02-28, 11:35   Link #1289
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

NICO Live news:

Quote:

比企編集長による、艦これ先行情報まとめ

・海外艦実装の前に、潜水艦遠征を終わらせておいたほうがいいかも

・皆様が予想されている海外艦とは違うかも?

・南方の海域MAPは2つ作ってあって、東京急行だけが実装された

艦これ1周年記念の準備中!
正式サービスは2013/4/23からだったが果たして・・・?

- Might want to complete those submarine expeditions for the foreign ships.

- May or may not be the foreign ships that people are expecting

- They've actually made 2 new maps for World 5. Only Tokyo Express was released atm. (5-5?)

KanColle 1 Year Anniversary under preparation. Expected to come around 4/23?
Old 2014-02-28, 11:49   Link #1290
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Yeah, the connection to the ridiculous Expedition 30 means that it's very likely the Monsun Gruppe subs, which means U-181, U-862, U-219, and U-195.
Old 2014-02-28, 12:00   Link #1291
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Ew~ I knew it!

I literally cannot do expedition 30 at the moment. I still need I-8 to make it 4 submarines, and I've been trying to get her for two months now. Nothing.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 13:01   Link #1292
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

And I though than I could do without doing expedition 29 and 30, at least I have enough spare sub to make them

Too bad the pay-of isn't that good.
Old 2014-02-28, 19:50   Link #1293
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Any tips on 5-3 in general? :P

I went with standard 2 BB Kongou class, 2 CA, 2 DD with double hits. Going with line ahead all the way saw so many returns due to ships being hammer left and right. Line abreast till boss seems to be success a bit more, but can't quite tell yet.

Another is using CLt+DD and go line abreast all the way to boss for night battle. But lack of fire power then...
Old 2014-02-28, 20:46   Link #1294
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Any tips on 5-3 in general? :P

I went with standard 2 BB Kongou class, 2 CA, 2 DD with double hits. Going with line ahead all the way saw so many returns due to ships being hammer left and right. Line abreast till boss seems to be success a bit more, but can't quite tell yet.

Another is using CLt+DD and go line abreast all the way to boss for night battle. But lack of fire power then...
I did the first 80% with 1 BB (flagship) 2 CAs and 3 DDs. The final 20% with 1 CLT (equipped normal torpedo instead of midget sub) 2 CAs and 3 DDs. All using line abreast for boss. The other option is ignore the sub at the boss and go with 4 large ships (non-ASW) plus 2 DDs.

Formation before the boss: Encheon, a widely accepted myth among players is that Encheon slightly increases the chance of grazing enemy cut-ins and also slightly better chance of hitting them.

In my experience this seem to be the case, as my fleet especially my CAs and DDs were able to eat a cut-in square in the face and still still held on from being red zoned (BB not so much, but that's because they suck at surviving in night battle which is why I only brought one and protected as flagship.)

You might wanna bring the new searchlight too, it may not 100% suppress the enemy cut-ins but the difference is still pretty noticeable for me as I tried using it in 5-4. The accuracy boost is great as well. Just don't put it on your BB, not in 5-3 at least.

Lastly, levels seem to matter a lot more in this map than others. The difference between the cut-in resistance of my Lv.60 and Lv.80 non-BB ships is pretty significant.

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-02-28 at 20:57.
Old 2014-03-01, 08:04   Link #1295
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Welp. Got Uzuki, so that's it for me and 5-4 for a while, unless they decide to add another rare ship to the boss node's drop list. Oh, and should be focusing on resources now anyway, so not going to mind placement scores.

So, Kumano, Uzuki, Akigumo... And repeats of Zuikaku, Shoukaku, and Mutsu. ^^; Yaaar.
Old 2014-03-01, 09:47   Link #1296
Irisu
フフリ

Just got Reishiki type 62... I'm not sure in what kind of situation I should use it instead a combination of Suisei 12A and Reppu.
Irisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 13:02   Link #1297
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komeirin View Post
Just got Reishiki type 62... I'm not sure in what kind of situation I should use it instead a combination of Suisei 12A and Reppu.
On some maps where you're very tight on air power it's actually a nice alternative.
Like right now I'm farming 5-4 with Kaga/Zuikaku with 3 Reppu and it was barely under the air power needed for advantage for the duo Demon composition at node H, so I replaced one of my 12A with Type 62 and got the air power I needed without giving up another slot of Ryuusei (as I already gave up one slot to function as a non-plane slot to suppress bauxite consumption.)
Old 2014-03-02, 01:15   Link #1298
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

So yeah, 4 barrels do give a higher chance for Great Success on Expedition 21. Not always though (first try today was just Success after all), but that 400+ fuel... Too bad can't bring a Daihatsu to boost things even more.

Sent some level 25+ Sub clones plus my level 89 Shioi to finish E30 again, twice, just to clear that quest from my list. It's going to be a long four days, for sure.
Old 2014-03-02, 09:34   Link #1299
Mistwrath
Always confused . . .

Okay, finally cleared 4-4 since my last attempt during Christmas event. I am now at 5-2.
What is the exp farm ship composition for 5-2 ?

I might want to try to push down 5-3 before Midway starts.
Old 2014-03-02, 11:11   Link #1300
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Nice. I cleared 4-4 last night but I haven't even got past 3-2 so World 5 is out for me. ._.

On a more positive note I cleared the marriage quest and Kongou is now level 98! About 145k more experience points to go though... DAT LAST HURDLE. I now have to stock up on ammo at least before I can attempt any sorties. Assuming good draws on PvP I can net around 8-9k for Kongou if she gets MVPs, so probably three or four days more to the mythical 99 I guess.

I'm also having a bit of a horrible streak - four of my last seven battles ended in the enemy T-crossing me and I was absolutely miffed, because it meant doing squat to the opponent even in night battle.

Last edited by RapidPotential; 2014-03-02 at 11:24.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls