AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-04, 06:00   Link #11201
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Stratos - He's a child terrorist so he's very emotionally vulnerable. He was raised to believe all pilots are just monsters waiting to kill him is embedded into him ever since he was 7. Seeing living contradictions of this and even having his partner ignore orders in order to save him makes him realize his preconceptions were wrong and that he should learn to move on. The romance is really slow so don't worry about him going on the opposite spectrum after one incident. It takes a long time for him to open up and accept that he was wrong.

Side note - How many in story months does the sequel span?
You mean for Athena Sabre...? It depends on the plot, which is basically Tsurugi accompanying Inami in trying to track down the leader of Praxidike and foil his plans to destroy the IS System while also getting tied up in other canon affairs such as PT, Golems and others that I find suitable to be included.

Due to the presence of multiple threats at once, it might stretch out to almost all the LNs.

Then there's also the part where Tsurugi acquires the Arete Battle-Armor during Proioxis' Out Shift. Trying to figure out how she's going to carry on with her lessons as she's effectively acquired her own personal machine during that moment.
Old 2011-12-04, 06:14   Link #11202
Eratas123

@ Meistah - That sounds new. Is she the only one who can do this or can a lot of people do it if they try?

@ Stratos - I meant like 6 months, 12 months, 2 years etc etc. Shadow takes place in 8 months minimum for example.
Old 2011-12-04, 06:30   Link #11203
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos - I meant like 6 months, 12 months, 2 years etc etc. Shadow takes place in 8 months minimum for example.
In that case, Athena Sabre will span throughout at least 5 months(I plan to include their birthdays in the fic as well)

I'm practically thinking about the plot progression as I go, so yeah...
Old 2011-12-04, 06:37   Link #11204
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

In my fanon, only MPIS can accept this function, but the less extensive the skin, the more likely the IS won't malfunction with it. The IS idols depend on minor Skins (paint jobs + small trinkets essentially) to reskin their suits during performances.

Skins are very fragile though, so a hard knock can cause the program to crash and revert back to the base settings. Riz's suit's behavior the moment she parried her mother's strike is demonstration of this.

Again, the more minor, the less likely this would happen.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-12-04 at 07:17.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 06:39   Link #11205
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Writing by the seat of your pants? Be careful, a lot of stories end up dying this way because of major plot holes and getting stuck.

Anyway, why does Tsurugi get a machine again?
Old 2011-12-04, 06:43   Link #11206
Eratas123

Stupid slow internet....

@ Meistah - The story's only in Japan, right? Idol singers tend not to be very popular elsewhere except for a few exceptions.
Old 2011-12-04, 06:47   Link #11207
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

Are you guys not tired of talking about this 24/7?
Old 2011-12-04, 06:53   Link #11208
Eratas123

@ Yachi - Not really I tend to have more fun talking here than writing sometimes actually. Besides, it's fun!
Old 2011-12-04, 06:55   Link #11209
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
I wanted to suggest that we get an irc channel for this, but heck, the last time it was suggested in an OC thread, well said thread almost ground to a halt.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 06:57   Link #11210
Eratas123

@ Saint X - What's an IRC channel?
Old 2011-12-04, 07:12   Link #11211
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos - Writing by the seat of your pants? Be careful, a lot of stories end up dying this way because of major plot holes and getting stuck.

Anyway, why does Tsurugi get a machine again?
Duly noted, I keep track of past events when I type out new chapters so no worries there.

As for Tsurugi getting a machine... It's via Proioxis's Out-Shift System which kicks in during an intense Praxidike drone assault all over the IS Academy, which results in Tsurugi's Uchigane being heavily damaged and Inami's Proioxis somewhat incapacitated.

Posted about the Out Shift System before, but I'll repost again:
Spoiler for Out Shift System:
Old 2011-12-04, 07:19   Link #11212
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Are you saying she gets a personal machine because a new one was made om the spot? How does it even get the materials and weaponry to spew out this new machine?
Old 2011-12-04, 07:29   Link #11213
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos - Are you saying she gets a personal machine because a new one was made om the spot? How does it even get the materials and weaponry to spew out this new machine?
I wouldn't wanna go into technobabble details just yet since it's a draft. Then again, the Uchigane is there.

The Out Shift system is a very slow process and it eats up ALL of the Proioxis' power then leaves it in Closed Form, unusable for 24 hours.

While it came late, I'm glad this is finally getting some opinions. (I knew something was off when no one chipped in about it when I first posted about this system)
Old 2011-12-04, 07:30   Link #11214
demino_hellsin
That one guy

what's more likely/entertaining reaction from Ichika when Rong admits that he's a terrorist, at least declares himself to be so without really showing any proof of it? Run out of the room screaming, or activate Byakushiki and start hacking away no questions asked, or be smart about things and talk about it?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 07:30   Link #11215
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meistah - The story's only in Japan, right? Idol singers tend not to be very popular elsewhere except for a few exceptions.
The Japanese brand of idols will first work in Japan only, so that's 1 season of work, half season for building up momentum, getting to know each other, then the other half of racking up their renown.

By riding on the popularity of IS thanks to Gerard's Archangel magazine, accelerated by the internet and the Japonification of the modern world culture by 10 years of IS, KG-P hopes to bring the idea abroad as well; this will be the focus on season 2.

1 year of metaphysical time will have elapsed, given time for this idea to catch on. Even if the idol system doesn't work, there are over 100 artiste from all over the planet, each representing different cultures, systems of government and ideals, working as 1 unit. There's something for everyone.

In the end, the only true "world idol" would be post-arc Louise (sorry grimdarkers, I redeemed her character by end of season 2 ), who can cross boundaries and wow practically everyone. The other idols appeal to a different niche; Karon for example is most popular amongst IStakus, while Houki racks in the votes of the music industry's bigwigs, like old man Simon Cowell. Riz remains most popular anime voice actress (now a worldwide phenomenon), Gin's popularity remains centered in the Foundation, while Asahi's in her homeground of Ethiopia, and so on.
Old 2011-12-04, 07:36   Link #11216
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Just be careful, readers WILL ask that question later on when they see the new machine pop out in the middle of a fight.

@ demino_hellsin - He'll laught and assume he's joking. If Rong says it's true, Ichika will say he understands.....then yell there's a terrorist in the room and call a teacher.

@ Meistah - How many fics based on the Vandam world are you planning!? It looka like this'll go on for a while.....

How much time will they actually spend in school? It looks like they spend their entire time touring.
Old 2011-12-04, 07:37   Link #11217
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was hoping I could stick Yamada into the conversation at some point in time
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 07:44   Link #11218
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos - Just be careful, readers WILL ask that question later on when they see the new machine pop out in the middle of a fight.
I'll keep that in mind. The same thing occurs when the Minerva Kai goes into Phase Shift, whereby the entirety of the battle-armor gets reconstructed and refined into the Proioxis, so I'll nail the process explanation there...

The Uchigane has much more mass compared to the Proioxis, so materials isn't really an issue when it comes to constructing the Arete since it's built based on the Proioxis' design... Which also explains their similar appearances.
Old 2011-12-04, 07:49   Link #11219
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

AND HERE ZERO COME WITH A BANG!

(And it's really, really messed up...seriously, Laura's Osananjimi? )

Spoiler for Strata 01 part 1:

Seriously
Old 2011-12-04, 07:51   Link #11220
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - What good would Maya do at that point? Stutter at him and hope he doesn't hurt anyone? If she was in her IS, it would be a different story, but they're in the dorms so it doesn't count.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest