AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-13, 22:33   Link #241
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This series is some kind of wonderful, but the episodes all feel about 4 minutes long. I appreciate the skill in leaving the audience wanting more, but I'd love to see just a little more progression of game time each week.
lol i feel the same way wich is why im complaing about the pace.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 23:43   Link #242
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucipher View Post
it dose not mean they dont get thier first win tell EPS 10 or this game has 2 be 3 EPS long Unless this Anime is going to be 50+ EPS long this pace is going to make them rush the rest of the way.
I believed that this match is a turning point of their adventure of GKing.. thus, its taking its time to see how each pieces slotted into its places.

The different between the other football anime, is that the main character of those series are the player, one of them, the star .. thus, its usually resolved around him, with little care about everyone else, glimpsed yes .. but mostly, its main point is that particular character. This series, on the other hand, concentrate on the team.. from the staffs, to the coach, the fans, the players, even exmanager (that the are facing now) .. so the adventure is taking all this pieces, mashed it up and show each and how individual pieces falls together. This isnt about Tsubaki, Gino or Koshi .. Its about ETU.. and this game, is how ETU will go on into its GK persona.

I actually enjoyed this little arc against Nagoya team.. reminds me of Slam Dunk's episodes against the other big 3 teams (Ryonan, Shoyo and and Kainan) .. each match against those teams spanned across few episodes .. annoying when watched on weekly basis, but watching it back to back, the beauty of them simply breathtaking
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 01:45   Link #243
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

^

I completely agree. I guess most sports anime gives more episodes to important matches. Not only slam dunk, other sports anime as well. On another note, I'm not very knowledgeable about soccer/football, but I really can't understand what Tatsumi is thinking on this one. It's good that the players are able to cope with the playing styles of their opponents, but not being able to at least go on the offense will be a doom factor for them. I haven't even seen the ball get passed on ETU's side of the field.
Old 2010-06-15, 09:03   Link #244
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

This is where I think physchology play its factor.. Few episode back before the match, its said that this Nagoya team cant stop scoring with their brazilian trio unbeatable (or something to that effect) while on the other hand, ETU is going on a 5 game losing streak.. If they managed to hold on to it and extend the score till late in the game, they got the physchological advantage. Nagoya seems to use Zerberto as their sole playmaker and since the very beginning, we got to see what he is thinking.. and if you watched closely, he started to feel a bit irritate *cue the first tussle with Koshi in 2nd half* I'm sure it will build up not only on him, but also Itagaki, who unfortunately became the focus of ETU's tactic

Its a crazy thing to go on a Shut up Shop tactic from 1st minute but thats what exactly ETU is doing. Last night Holland vs Denmark for the World Cup match shows that one silly mistake can undone all the good work of the tactic.. and failure to implement will resulted in thrashing as proven by Germany vs Australia ( Australia was so obsessed in it that they even go for 4-6-0 formation .. and yet they failed to match up Ozil in the hole .. but lets talk about those matches in the football thread in GC and stop offtopicing here .. well, Denmark wasnt really SUS tactic .. but they go their tactic right untill that 1st goal.. OK, I'll stop

On to the match itself.. I think in the last final minutes, they will do 1 swift counter attack and succeed scoring.. Any earlier and they will be bombarded with crazy kamikaze attack .. Any later then, its draw. Altho I'm curious about WHEN exactly their tactic blows .. the preview said so, but not when.. that will be a telling point IMHO.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 11:11   Link #245
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Did Tsubaki level up or is he about to faint?
Lol. It's level up, isn't it? He suddenly can see the field. I think.

I normally don't like it when a sports anime takes its time over a match, but in this case the "four minutes" is how quickly this episode seemed to go by, since I was enjoying it so much.

But I too am not sure what this strategy is meant to do. Is Tatsumi so confident in his defence? I wouldn't be. Maybe he's betting that Nagoya will get frustrated and slip up? Perhaps it will all come clear on Sunday.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-06-15 at 11:29.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 11:49   Link #246
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
To be honest, I'm slightly disappointed because I was expecting Tatsumi to reveal his true tactics at halftime and overtake the game in the second half (at least, that was how it is in the game against Portsmouth). I still don't see what Tatsumi is planning, all I can be sure is that unlike most of the team in WC 2010 currently, despite putting on a defensive play (kina called it Shut up Shop, I called it 'Parking the bus') it's clear that victory is what in his mind, and he's just biding his time. At least, that's what I hope...

I think the match will end next episode though, and I feel Tsubaki is going to level up (seriously, they depend too much on him, three saves!?). Regarding the pacing...I spend my childhood watching Captain Tsubasa, which at the height of its filler can spend an entire episode, with all the last episode flashback, mug shot of people shouting Tsubasa's name, and jumping around evading sliding tackles, a whole episode can consist just of Tsubasa getting the ball from his side of the field to the opponent's. So...a bit slow for sure, but that's soccer, sometimes it's slow. Even at the world's highest venue, World Cup, the Algeria vs Slovenia match was a snorefest.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 01:47   Link #247
calebbeats
S.A. Class XD

haha could tatsumi have planned to have a 5 game losing streak *gasp* then to beat an undefeated team to shake the League!! haha to convenient XD love the anime tatsumi always keeps me guessing and i love the artwork!

Last edited by calebbeats; 2010-06-16 at 15:52.
calebbeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 14:43   Link #248
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Holy cow this is like Dragonball Z where they just drag things out

Spoiler:

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2010-06-20 at 14:57.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 15:08   Link #249
Casshern

They should make each episode 90mins long and fit the whole match. I'd watch 90mins of GK no prob!
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 16:22   Link #250
Molenir

What really irritated me, was the 3 minutes at the beginning of the episode, before the OP. Where they essentially wasted my time, replaying what happened in the previous episode. Hate when they do that. It would have been one thing if it has just been a short 30 second flashback, but wasting 3 minutes on it was more then excessive.

And of course, I hate the pacing of the story, with multiple episodes required for a single match. But you almost expect it with sports themed shows. Disappointing, but expected.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 16:52   Link #251
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Echoing some others' thoughts, I'd say ep12 is the first one I've been disappointed in. Nice enough, but stretch things out, much?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 17:42   Link #252
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Switzerland beating Spain, Serbia beating Germany, and now ETU's turn for Giant Killing defeating Grand Palace? Still, Itagaki looks dangerous for the rest of the match...But yeah, I share the complaint for the slow pace. Seriously, we were a couple of minutes past halftime in at the start and there's still 15 minutes before the match is over, it's like they're going for a real-time conversion ala 24...The celebration feels too long, Carlos speaks way too slow (and trust me, I saw how blazing fast Brazilian can talk) and the flashbacks and replays at the start is unnecessary. Still, what content is there is pretty good, hope the pace will improve in the next episodes.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 22:36   Link #253
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Personally I'm happy with the pace. I am from the slower, the better school of thought after all.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 23:24   Link #254
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

After watching GK 12, I understood why some said the pace was too slow. I saw a few unwanted flashbacks of Tsubaki. God! Will they show those flashbacks every time Tsubaki scores? They already showed them during the practice match, and I think the viewers already understood that Tsubaki is one of the key players of the team. It was Murakoshi who gave Tsubaki some good insight before the game, but that important one was omitted though. Another flashback that should have been left out was Ms. Reporter's flashback, didn't she just pointed out that she chose to believe in Tatsumi again during the start of the Nagoya-ETU game? Why point it out again? Seriously, flashbacks failed. Without the unwanted flashbacks, we could have finished the episode with Nagoya trying to make a comeback or something.

Okay, enough ranting. I know there's no way ETU can lose this one now. How about score predictions anyone? I'm guessing a 2-1 where Tsubaki would score both goals for ETU and Itagaki for Nagoya (Based on the last few minutes of the episode and the preview)
Old 2010-06-20, 23:41   Link #255
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

$50 says that 13 focuses on Itakagi.

Then 14 finishes up the game with Tsubaki or another ETU member score the winning goal.

With the way things are going that seems more likely.

But the thing is, if Tsubaki or someone else has to score a goal to break the tie, wouldn't that kinda destroy the build-up and shining moment Tsubaki got?

I mean you got the game against the top japanese team. Gino scored and that was great. However that was all overshadowed by Murakoshi who scored the tie goal and he took the spotlight.

Even if Tsubaki got a second shot wouldn't that be a little silly?
Old 2010-06-21, 00:28   Link #256
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, if the match doesn't end in 13 it will actually have to be slower than real-time, as there's barely 15 minutes of play left not counting stoppage time.

My guess is either 2-0 or 2-1 ETU, with their second goal coming as a result of Itagaki's recklessness.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 14:15   Link #257
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

too bad american don't like soccer too much besides the world cup
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 05:52   Link #258
Westlo
Lets be reality

4 and a half minutes before we get our first new scene of the episode? Seriously guys? Seriously? The pacing for this match has been pathetic as well, more skillful writing could've got the point of this match across in half the time.

Still enjoying the show and it's like the only show I'm up to date on (though Working 12 just got release) but it's faults are started to tick me off. This is the 3rd sports anime I've watched, not even close to Ippo or Cross Game and I doubt anything coming will change that, especially if taking 4-5 minutes for the episode to start becomes a constant.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 10:50   Link #259
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Ok this is ridiculous,

THEY SPENT 5 minutes RECAPPING. Seriously, enough already,

Episode 13

Spoiler:

Man Prince is lazy but he knows how to wooo the crowd.
Old 2010-06-27, 12:23   Link #260
Molenir

Episode 13.

2 Minutes of recap
1:30 for OP
1:30 of additional recap

5 Minutes before seeing anything new. That is ridiculous .

Enjoyable episode, I just really wish they'd cut out the recaps.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, seinen, sports