Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-05-19, 22:14   Link #141
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I just wish though that for once blizz would stop thinking about the multiplayer and just make a great single-player RPG.
hehe u mean they should stop thinking about taking our cash away on a monthly basis

anyway i doubt D3 would be a p2p thats just too greedy
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 22:24   Link #142
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Looking at the gameplay videos, I realised something (from the Protoss Pylons). It looks like Blizzard is FINALLY going to adopt the Hexagon-grid layout. About damn time! This will open up bigger possibilities in terms of movement and unit placement (as opposed to their usual quadrangle-grids)

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-19, 22:43   Link #143
Tran225

im definitely going to buy this game when it comes out,this is one of the best RTS game ive ever played, hope number 2 will entertain me even more
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 23:28   Link #144
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I just wish though that for once blizz would stop thinking about the multiplayer and just make a great single-player RPG.
Blizzard and single-player hasn't worked since Blackthorne came out. Warcraft Adventures and Starcraft Ghost were their single-player oriented games and they were both axed.
Old 2007-05-20, 01:11   Link #145
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
Flying marines, zelots with guns, moble phyons, they better not mess with the mass army aspects of things! To only have enough limits to have 20 zergings is a f***in joke! Don't turn it into another WC3 >_< SC is all about the melee, you take that away from us you will fail again!

but good job on the trailer, awesome!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Soulblade View Post
I wasnt dissapointed of the graphics of wc3, but I think the graphics of the gameplay vid are not definitive (yes, they look kinda old...).

But I was dissapointed of some things though. For exaple, the way the units got out of the transport seemed... obsolete. The transport have doors you know.
But well, its Blizzard. As long as they dont fall sleep in the past hits Im sure they will be able to pull this one great. I hope so.
NOOBS! never judge b4 release!

heres some gameplay videos that will prove SC2 does not = WC3, and the units will work out! just wait and see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6IhMdgdFvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCleQxk3vsg

u ll wet ur pants if u are a true SC fan!
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 06:00   Link #146
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Kerrigan artwork from the official site.

I guess now that she's Zerg, she has no need for clothing.

I took the liberty of compiling all the released artwork and wallpapers from the official site (so far) into one convenient file (4.56 MB).

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-20, 06:12   Link #147
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

is this really kerri? oO
IIRC, wasn't she supposed to have a pair of wings, and other fancy zerg stuff?
Old 2007-05-20, 06:24   Link #148
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
is this really kerri? oO
IIRC, wasn't she supposed to have a pair of wings, and other fancy zerg stuff?
As a mini-overmind of sorts, Kerrigan can probably self-mutate with whatever genetic information her brood possess. Since she can't really fly, Kerrigan likely devolved the wings because they got in the way. It was probably only something the Overmind had put on her as decoration anyway.

There is nothing quite like starting a new directing in life like a metamorphosis. Kerrigan wants to leave behind her old life as Overmind's servant as much as possible.

Another obvious option of course, is that the "wings", which were really giant hooks/claws she used for melee attack, is fully retractable Wolverine style.

Oh, Kerrigan does wear clothes; she is just sleeping naked in that artwork. It must be warm, putting your rest-nest next to lava.
Old 2007-05-20, 10:50   Link #149
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaOH View Post
NOOBS! never judge b4 release!

heres some gameplay videos that will prove SC2 does not = WC3, and the units will work out! just wait and see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6IhMdgdFvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCleQxk3vsg

u ll wet ur pants if u are a true SC fan!
IT'S A FEAR, NOT A JUDGEMENT!

Quote:
I guess now that she's Zerg, she has no need for clothing.
sex sells, YAY SEX!

She does wear ghost clothing or she can't cloak. Unless she doesn't have the cloak ability in SC2 anymore then we can confirm she's running around in SC2 nude.

and I don't think D3 is next, that pic can just be a hox.

Last edited by gummybear; 2007-05-20 at 11:01.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 12:17   Link #150
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
As a mini-overmind of sorts, Kerrigan can probably self-mutate with whatever genetic information her brood possess. Since she can't really fly, Kerrigan likely devolved the wings because they got in the way. It was probably only something the Overmind had put on her as decoration anyway.

There is nothing quite like starting a new directing in life like a metamorphosis. Kerrigan wants to leave behind her old life as Overmind's servant as much as possible.

Another obvious option of course, is that the "wings", which were really giant hooks/claws she used for melee attack, is fully retractable Wolverine style.

Oh, Kerrigan does wear clothes; she is just sleeping naked in that artwork. It must be warm, putting your rest-nest next to lava.
That or Zeratul just came down and handed her an ass-whooping. Notice the cuts all over her legs. Who knows, maybe there'll be a campaign to un-infest Kerri? She always looked better in her "good-girl" spandex ghost uniform. No wonder she called Raynor a piggy the first time they met!
Old 2007-05-20, 12:22   Link #151
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

now i hope the game price wont be ridiculous
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 18:30   Link #152
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Gamespot have the preview. Go read it cause it answers a lot of the questions posted on this thread.

GS Preview
Old 2007-05-20, 19:19   Link #153
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Gamespot have the preview. Go read it cause it answers a lot of the questions posted on this thread.

GS Preview
Thanks much for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS StarCraft II Preview
"...the sequel will be very much about what Pardo calls "mass armies"--large groups of units doing battle at once. Pardo has pointed out that unlike previous Blizzard games, Starcraft II will have no "selection limit"--that is, you'll be able to click and drag your mouse to select an unlimited number of your own armies to control.
This may be bringing forth the first change of tactics used in SC I. As everyone who played the original would know, you can only select 12 units at once. While this was easier to organize various offensive squads (for me, when I assembled two squads of M&M, or Marines & Medics), if you were not fast enough, you might as well as waste precious time. However, the above change does bring an advantage, one already mentioned...another that I can think of is how easier it could be to start a Zerg rush.

Quote:
"...Starcraft II's battles will be much larger skirmishes between as many as 300 units onscreen at once. Apparently, most of Starcraft II's units will also, like those of the previous game, not require a great deal of micromanagement, and will instead be what Pardo calls "movers and shooters"--mostly autonomous units that can continously attack their enemies using standard abilities.
Would this mean that it will be more strategic than before? Well, yes, even when you played the original SC, you still needed to think strategically, but you also needed to control your units well. For example, when you fought against several Zealots with Zerg Hydras or Marines, you needed to shoot to damage the Zealots and retreat to make sure that the enemy Zealots did not damage, or perhaps kill, your units. Could this mean that the units could do this themselves or stand and fight till the end?

Among other things, like the re-evaluation of units' abilities and stats, did interested me, like how many Protoss Mothership you can have at once. Believe me, that's pretty much fair when it has the ability to create the black hole and can own several Terran Battlecruisers.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 19:32   Link #154
JediNight
キズランダム

An interview is on GameStop I believe, where they state in length that Starcraft2 will be basically a direct extension of the gameplay in SC1. It will not jump the shark of crapiness into Hero Units/Creeps/Upkeep etc. that made WC3 lame.

I would say that Pardo is wrong if he thinks that there is less strategy and micromanagement involved just because not all units have special abilities to use. Just throwing large masses of your army at the enemy is a quick way to lose in SC1. Micro-managing where your units move, and what size groups they attack in was a huge part of defeating your enemy.

The micro in WC3 wasn't more skillful than SC -- it was just a lot of spam-clicking specials on a few units, compared to spam-clicking attack groups in SC. And then factor in the lack of any economic strategy + lame Hero units needing to level up, and SC clearly comes out far ahead in the strategy dept. As was said in the interview -- WC3 was made for more of a mass appeal, so they cut out a lot of the strategy involved in a usual RTS and added the specials + Heroes to add what I like to call "Micro-lite" ... it seems like more until you realize its just spam.

For example: A lot of people would attack with carriers in 1 large control group of 12. This was inefficient though, since a single attack wave from all 12 was more than enough to kill 1 unit. A person with 2 groups of 6 carriers can wipe out 1 control group of 12 and have like 4-5 carriers left alive at the end. Or I once was double-rushed by zealots and fended it off because I was micro my own zealots to cycle ones on the front line and pull them back to recharge on 2 shield batteries I had built.

I think the no unit limit actually adds a lot more possible strategy and skill to the game. You can now choose the optimal group size to efficiently eliminate the enemy. If your opponent is bad at judging that sort of thing, they're gonna lose.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 23:28   Link #155
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I definitely disagree with any statement that StarCraft didn't have micromanagement. New players certainly didn't micromanage, but if you ever look at the number of commands made by advanced players from the start, there's an incredible amount - from telling a peon which mineral block to start from, to directing armies which units to focus on. The more obvious are the "mage" units (templar, dark archon, science vessel, queen, defiler, etc.) which require commands to be made for their actions. My own example would be from a time I was playing with a friend: he had two templar, and I had two mutalisks. If I'd just left the mutalisks to sit pounding the templar, they would be dead with a single psi storm. Instead, I constantly moved through around, second-guessing where he'd set off a psi storm and avoiding them. The mutalisks won the day that time. It's an example of micromanagement on my part with the mutalisks - directly controlling where they'd go and attack from.

SC2 looks like it'll be a good one - they've made it pretty without making it ridiculous, and it sounds like they've improved the gamplay rather than revamping it. Part of SC's beauty was the magnitude with which battles took place - WarCraft III felt a bit meek and tedious by comparison.

I just wish this had come out sooner... I think I was playing SC around middle school/beginning of high school. I probably won't have the time for it now.
Old 2007-05-21, 11:27   Link #156
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

In the time-honoured tradition of Blizzard's flexible "release dates"; several tomorrows later, and after a few "coming soon"s, they finally uploaded their high quality Gameplay Videos for public downloads.

Comes in two flavours. 720x404 & 1280x768

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-21, 16:18   Link #157
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
"...Starcraft II's battles will be much larger skirmishes between as many as 300 units onscreen at once.
SPARTAAAAAAAA!

I am sorry, I just had to do it
Old 2007-05-21, 19:32   Link #158
JediNight
キズランダム

One of the Blizzard people interviewed made a vindicating comment about WC3, at least for me. I've always told people that WC3 doesn't really have as much strategy/micro as they think, and that the game is more dumbed down. And he actually said in so-many-words that the strategy was adjusted in WC3 to make it appeal more to a mass market of players.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 20:33   Link #159
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Old 2007-05-21, 20:38   Link #160
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

That's just LOLtastic!

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows