AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-03-23, 10:44   Link #1321
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Is there a way to play the game even if the music tracks are not played properly? I installed the game under Vista because I have Japanese regional and language settings there but I would rather play it under XP, even iwth some of the music missing. I can play episode 3 under Windows XP even though I instaleld it under Vista too, but episode 4 gives me an error while Vista allows me to play. I mean apart from installing Japanese regional/language settings for XP which I am reluctant to do just for the music.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 10:44   Link #1322
UnknownBeast

Yeah... I couldn't see a place where you guys could've end it earlier.

And ending it later... seems like something BIG is about to happen considering where the patch left of..

That is.. if they're going to where I think they're going. (Don't tell >_<; )
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 10:46   Link #1323
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Trust me, that point was not exactly easy to choose as it would be either a silly mood breaker, or a ugly cliffhanger.
Hey, what's wrong with cliffhangers? Other than having people at your throat demanding the next patch release date they are good for building anticipation.

Otherwise, kudos on your latest release. But you just had to go and release it during the morning while I'm still at work. You did it on purpose, right? Excuses blaming it on the time zone difference aren't valid
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 11:07   Link #1324
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Is there a way to play the game even if the music tracks are not played properly? I installed the game under Vista because I have Japanese regional and language settings there but I would rather play it under XP, even iwth some of the music missing. I can play episode 3 under Windows XP even though I instaleld it under Vista too, but episode 4 gives me an error while Vista allows me to play. I mean apart from installing Japanese regional/language settings for XP which I am reluctant to do just for the music.
We put that check in because it seems a lot of people are playing through the game without those songs and don't know it. And if you see that error, you're definitely missing way too many songs to fully enjoy the game.

If you absolutely have to play it without changing your regional settings, copy any ogg file from the BGM folder and rename it '80.ogg'.
We strongly suggest that you only try this if you're already played the game with all the music.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 11:16   Link #1325
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply! It's working now.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 11:27   Link #1326
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

We added a link for the mac version, and also rapidshare mirror for both windows and mac patches.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-03-24 at 11:54. Reason: updated links
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 11:53   Link #1327
Mystearika

thanks for the patch i am really enjoying it
Old 2009-03-23, 12:17   Link #1328
MuzikalNotes
Amry-chan, mii~

O: For once, I'm finally not late! I'm so happy! Man, now I feel happy I'm sick so I can finally enjoy this. I'm pretty sure everyone else has already said this, but I LOVE YOU GUYS!
*goes off to play*
MuzikalNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 12:41   Link #1329
SnickS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
We put that check in because it seems a lot of people are playing through the game without those songs and don't know it. And if you see that error, you're definitely missing way too many songs to fully enjoy the game.

If you absolutely have to play it without changing your regional settings, copy any ogg file from the BGM folder and rename it '80.ogg'.
We strongly suggest that you only try this if you're already played the game with all the music.
Ah thanks. My friend had a lot of trouble with Japanese fonts on his computer (he couldn't get them working at all), so I adjusted the song names in the gamescript and the soundfiles with Japanese text in them, so that the game could still play those songs for him.
Guess I'll need this trick to get the patch working for him.

Also: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TRANSLATING THIS AMAZING SOUND NOVEL!

Edit:
Just saw the grimoire part. Awesome add to the game.
I was already wondering if you would add the grimoire in the game, since Mion already used a similar hack in her Higurashi patch.

Last edited by SnickS; 2009-03-23 at 12:55.
SnickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 13:09   Link #1330
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

I just tried it here
The sound is kinda strange... and choppy... not very continuous

Any TIP?
Old 2009-03-23, 13:37   Link #1331
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
I just tried it here
The sound is kinda strange... and choppy... not very continuous

Any TIP?
Are you using the version of onscripter-en that came in the new patch (along with the SDL.dll file)?
If you're using an older one, you might be getting the Vista sound bug.

We've had several people check and the sound is working fine on Vista with the new patch.

Old 2009-03-23, 13:51   Link #1332
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Are you using the version of onscripter-en that came in the new patch (along with the SDL.dll file)?
If you're using an older one, you might be getting the Vista sound bug.

We've had several people check and the sound is working fine on Vista with the new patch.
Well
I just downloaded the patch and unpacked it
There's a SDL.dll file in the middle of the files, and I'm using the onscripter that was with the patch

I'm using windows XP

The other patch was working fine

-------

Sorry for the trouble

My directx was running with no acceleration
Just boosting it solved

if someone has the same trouble

Start -> Run -> dxdiag
Sound tab
Accelerate it!

Last edited by theacefrehley; 2009-03-23 at 14:55.
theacefrehley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 14:13   Link #1333
Coruja

Thank you thank you thank you! You guys are so awesome.

Now I really need to buy Episode 4. *-*
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 14:35   Link #1334
Saerianne
*cackle*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! <333 Thank you!!!
It was released when I was asleep, so I'm so playing it when I get home from school!
Saerianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 15:28   Link #1335
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's a shame that we couldn't release the patch sunday considering that almost everything was done, but once again, my shitty schedule wasn't exactly helping...
Well, at least it was within our expected deadline so...

Well then, shall we start?

Witch Hunt is proud to announce that the new patch for Umineko no Naku Koro ni is available!

The new patch covers the first 9 chapters of Episode 4, Alliance of the Golden Witch. You can get it with the following links (mediafire, Rapidshare as a mirror linkà:
As usual, please do not overwrite the old patch if you were using it. Rather, please delete it and then install the v4.0. Worry not, the save states are not in the patch folder.

Note: Because of the new feature, it is very likely that any old save state (regardless of the episode) will act up very weirdly most of the time. We suggest you all to make new save state starting from this patch release even for the previous episodes.
Our apologies for this inconvenience.

Please be sure to check the NEW readme file as some specific points must be taken in account for the full use of the patch (a lot of content has been changed, and the format is itself, easier to read).
Log of the recent changes
-Chapters 0-9 of Episode 4
-Sound glitch fix working for vista (repeated sound SFX)
-Buttons everlasting "red effect" bug fixed
-Quake freeze bug fixed
-A new feature has been added! Check out the start of any Episode!

Please don’t hesitate to leave your feedbacks, comments, troubleshoots and so forth here!
I checked the readme and notices something weird it says:
absolutely no content of ep4 have been translated did you include the wrong readme or something??
Old 2009-03-23, 15:42   Link #1336
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That was a line I forgot to edit. Of course, the line should read as "It is only covering the first 3 episodes completely, but only the first 9 chapters of Episode 4 have been translated so far."
Old 2009-03-23, 16:24   Link #1337
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

I've got a bit of a problem.

I downloaded the new patch, but I uninstalled the old ones first and there's no new folder, apparently. I only got the WINRAR file. I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the computer or if I'm doing something wrong. Can you tell me how to replace the deleted one?

Old 2009-03-23, 16:32   Link #1338
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
Did you check to make sure WinRAR, or whichever program you're using, extracted the folder into the game folder and not some random other place on your computer?
crazysjd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 16:39   Link #1339
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysjd89 View Post
Did you check to make sure WinRAR, or whichever program you're using, extracted the folder into the game folder and not some random other place on your computer?

My computer didn't let me choose where to save it. I just clicked 'download' & 'save' and it showed up on my desktop when it finished.
Old 2009-03-23, 16:43   Link #1340
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Dragons View Post
My computer didn't let me choose where to save it. I just clicked 'download' & 'save' and it showed up on my desktop when it finished.
You have to unpack the rar file. Google winrar and download it if you haven't already, then extract the patch folder.

Tags
translation