AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 93 44.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 32.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 3.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-27, 23:17   Link #101
Matt122005

Quote:
Then why post a link to some InvisionFree forum? :l
Because it's the only Spice and Wolf forum on the interne currently (I mean an ENITRE forum, not just one with a section) as I understand.

And it's also the only one with discussion regarding this.

Anyways, I really hope a movie is in the works. It'll so cool.

-Matt
Old 2008-03-27, 23:19   Link #102
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Then why post a link to some InvisionFree forum? :l
Why post it period? Didn't I like mention this on page 3? Not only that, it was up already for a over a week.
Old 2008-03-28, 00:51   Link #103
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Because it's the only Spice and Wolf forum on the interne currently (I mean an ENITRE forum, not just one with a section) as I understand.

And it's also the only one with discussion regarding this.

Anyways, I really hope a movie is in the works. It'll so cool.

-Matt
Nonetheless, Its not an *information* source ... its a fan forum and unless there's a source/cite there's no meat to it. There's a huge difference between "OFFICIAL" and "I heard..." or "I hope...". And, its an Invisionfree subforum, "entire forum" is meaningless. Frankly, I've not seen a more informative and usually accurate forum about S&W than the one we're on right here.

The official site and the links on it you mention simply point to video clips. In fact, the "Coming Soon" section there (as of this post's date and time) only leads to a 404 non-page.

There are several announcements about DVD releases and the new software console game for Nintendo DS.

Don't get us wrong, we would LOVE to see movies, new seasons, more figures, etc. But half-data, hearsay, and gossip isn't helpful unless its clearly labeled as such.

Your information about the *light novel's* (not manga's) 3rd volume can be easily verified by discussing it in the Light Novel thread with those who HAVE read that volume. This isn't really the place for it. I've not read the 3rd novel volume yet.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-03-28 at 01:32.
Old 2008-03-28, 01:32   Link #104
Shadow X
Stargazing

Aw, finally watched the last episode. Pretty good.

I am going to miss Spice and Wolf. Hopefully there will be a second season or something.

(And I am waiting for you... episode 7...)
Old 2008-03-28, 01:36   Link #105
4Tran

I absolutely loved this episode - the "because it's shorter" line is my favorite line in anime this entire year, and I just about bust my gut laughing as Lawrence said it. It encapsulated the strength of the interplay between the two characters very well, and that's precisely what Spice and Wolf is best at.

As an additional note, there isn't any reliable information about any upcoming Spice and Wolf theatrical release, so there's no reason to spread rumors about them unless it comes from a reliable source.

And please keep any future novel spoilers out of the episode discussions. A great many posters, myself included, don't know what's going to happen, and it's discourteous to spoil the story for us. Any such discussion should stay in the Light Novel discussion thread. Note that if you see someone posting spoilers, please don't quote that particular post.
Old 2008-03-28, 04:08   Link #106
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

So I just got done with Wolf and Spice which has one of the most beautiful opening themes and catchy ending themes ever and so help me god I WILL have the soundtrack. Lets see… well, for starters the experience of watching this show was very similar to that of watching Haibane Renmei. Both were calm but also dramatic and fantastical shows with great characters, and both were shows that made me feel like I’d been watching them for a long time and that I wanted to be watching them a long time from now. Unlike HR, I’d be more looking forward to a second season than a rewatching though. Continuing the comparison, we have a rich, vibrant, beautiful world that the characters explore and therefor we learn about without it ever being shoved down our throats.

Wolf and Spice does a splendid job in pulling off a mixture of slow character development alongside the plot without ever letting the plot overtake it. What I have found from reading Gunslinger Girl is that while I love character development, I like it most when it’s nice and slow, showing small glimpses of a greater whole as the series progresses, and even better is when an engrossing plot involves itself in the characters’ interactions while sustaining itself as a working plot without becoming just a mechanism for character development. I can only imagine that this kind of story is a complete and utter pain in the ass to write as well XD.

Finding out a niche for this show on a favorites list would be extremely difficult because it’s the kind of show that doesn’t really give you a reason to like it, it just lets you decide on your own if you will or not. There were a lot, and I do mean a lot of great scenes in this show especially revolving around the dialog. Both Lawrence and Horo are great characters and I’m going to probably throw a lot of money away on that Horo figure as well. All in all, I can’t really easily compare this show to others, which in itself is reason enough to find it endearing. I know not where, but I feel like it will be welcomed to my favorites list, but only after I’ve rewatched Kino’s Journey. There’s no hidden meaning there.
Old 2008-03-28, 05:45   Link #107
biohrd

It is possible to second season will come?
Old 2008-03-28, 08:15   Link #108
arkxkra
全力全開

nice episode.
Spoiler for :

So fast is last episode, ask for more(i going to miss this series), hope will have season 2 in near future .
Old 2008-03-28, 09:15   Link #109
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

@4Tran

As for the "unreliable information on a theatrical release" let me try to get your hopes up ^_^. I know enough Japanese to figure this out. If you go to the S&W main page, THE Official Media Works page, http://spicy-wolf.com/ there are 11 "tab" links to take you to different pages. I can't read the ones with kanji, but I can read the hiragana/katakana, and I've found the links to be in the following order, from left to right, top to bottom.

1. Something about the overall storyline. (like the back of a book, a little excerpt of info)
2. TV Anime ...then some kanji. This has maps, story, air dates, etc for the TV broadcast.
3. Brings you to the light novels page.
4. Comic/Game I haven't gone to this one really, but the name says it all....
5. DVD/CD again name says it all.
6. guzzu is the japanese reading...I'm guessing "Goods" from how the page looks.
7. Web Radio
8. Muubii is the japanese reading. English, it would be equivalent to MOVIE. However, the link, when highlighted on, says in english, "coming soon." This is where the rumors come from, but one thing is certain. There will be a S&W "Movie." And like all anime sites that talk about a "movie," i.e. bleach/naruto, etc, they usually end up with some kind of "Japanese" theatrical release. (not a us release for 6 years later, and then only in 3 theatres nationwide...) But right now, this hasn't been confirmed. Whether this "movie" is the "7th" episode, I really can't say. But again, there will be a movie. So Just Believe!!!!
9. Staff Blog
10. Event then some kanji...
11. Special things like interviews, etc. not about episode 7.

Best scenario, episode "7" and this "movie" are different, so we can look forward to 2 more S&W releases. And movies tend to be over an hour long...^_^, not the 23 minutes of entertainment like an episode.

I hope that was helpful, and that it provides more hope towards a Movie. ^_^
(sorry, I just can't keep up the doom and gloom...reality is much different...^_^)
Movie! Movie!
Old 2008-03-28, 09:20   Link #110
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
As i expected Spice and Wolf held true to the end i was disappointed one bit, episode 13 was just wonderful. Lawrence proved that not only can he bounce back from depression but also proved he is smarter than the average merchant.

Horo and Lawrences interactions have to be the best iv seen in a long time. they grown together and for all of Horo's protesting it obvious that her feelings for Lawrence are growing. She gave away so many hints in this episode about what she truly wanted and how she feels. Horo just wanted to wrap everything up quickly so her and Lawrence could continue on their way together. I couldn't even count how many times she blushed. But Lawrence showed that he has the utmost trust and faith in Horo and i think that was an important step for them.

I find it funny how the roles were reversed near the and it was Lawrence who was dishing out the teasing. "Your name is shorter" had me on the floor. As wise as Horo is there is one thing she cant hide and thats her tail. Oh god when she had her back to Lawrence her tail was going a mile a min but she was also ready to claw his face off. At this point they really are just like an old married couple. Over all i love the series it was very laid back and it had a good pace i know some others thought it was boring but every now i personally really need a laid back series like this.

Given the progression of their relationship it really makes me wonder what the end result will be when they reach the North forest. Seeing them part at the end would just be heartbreaking and given the type of guy Lawrence im not sure if he would ever get over it. I dont know if i would classify it as love but there are feelings there, as i get the impression that Horo really wants to keep Lawrence to herself and away from other women. Her reaction to seeing Nora when the bells went off showed so much of her girly side.
Old 2008-03-28, 11:02   Link #111
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Great episode and a good ending to the first (and hopefully not last) season.

Some real nice interaction between the pair of them, especially at the end there, that was great comedy. Wolf-form Horo was a treat, really did a number on those guys. Remiro got off pretty light it seemed but they're stuck pretty hard with the Trading Guild deal I guess. Now they're back heading north... Pitty to see Nora go.

Can't wait to see if there is a second season or even a movie. Over-all was an awesome series.
Old 2008-03-28, 11:04   Link #112
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Okay Everyone! I just want to let those who may not know this yet, in on a little bit of information. The anime is at it's last episode, yes. And right now, there is no news of a second season from any "trusted" sources. However! There are currently 7 Light Novels, and the anime has taken material from Novel I and Novel II. There are, right now, translation efforts on Volume III, which is "what happens after 'anime' episode 13?". Judgement is currently working on this, and I will say he's done an amazing job in translating so far. I personally can't wait for the next part...but right now, here's what he has. I hope all of you will enjoy this as much as I am, and that your S&W fandom-ness remains for Horo and Lawrence!

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...me3_Chapter_01

Again, thanks to Judgement.
Old 2008-03-28, 12:57   Link #113
Solafighter
Hige

Great last episode.

And great anime from first till last episode.
Old 2008-03-28, 13:04   Link #114
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaghyn16 View Post
Okay Everyone! I just want to let those who may not know this yet, in on a little bit of information. The anime is at it's last episode, yes. And right now, there is no news of a second season from any "trusted" sources. However! There are currently 7 Light Novels, and the anime has taken material from Novel I and Novel II. There are, right now, translation efforts on Volume III, which is "what happens after 'anime' episode 13?". Judgement is currently working on this, and I will say he's done an amazing job in translating so far. I personally can't wait for the next part...but right now, here's what he has. I hope all of you will enjoy this as much as I am, and that your S&W fandom-ness remains for Horo and Lawrence!

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...me3_Chapter_01

Again, thanks to Judgement.
Hey, you're actually *in* Tokyo according to your Location.. Usually if a series gets the go ahead for "second seasons", "OVAs", or "movies" -- its been exceptionally popular in Japan, gotten good broadcast viewing ratings for an anime, and most importantly - the merchandise is flaming off the shelves in Japan. (note the "in Japan" ... )

Has that been the case for S&W? I've browsed around the usual ratings lists but haven't found S&W mentioned. I'd take info from within Japan as better buzz/gossip than random forum noises.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-03-28 at 13:35.
Old 2008-03-28, 14:55   Link #115
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Got a 9/10 from me. It's refreshing to see a "good" anime show that doesn't rely too heavily on violence to make a story interesting. The series was one of the most unique I've seen since...uh...ever I guess. While I would've liked to see more closure, I'd be satisfied without a second season or movie. It had a lot of fun moments and dramatic scenes, but I'll probably forget about it by the end of the summer. It probably would've been in my top 10 if they had more episodes. Oh well, it was enjoyable while it lasted.
Old 2008-03-28, 17:31   Link #116
DreamerRin
Furu Furu Furu Moon~

It was a good series. It was pretty peaceful and calming for me to just watch Lawrence and Horo go on their journey. And it had just enough "action" to interest me further. My term of action being the small bit of romance and flirting between the two, the drama in a few of the episodes, the few bits of comedy, and whatever else scattered throughout the series to make it better. Also I loved the opening and ending songs~ xD Go For A Second Season!~
Old 2008-03-29, 05:35   Link #117
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

@Vexx

Yes, I'm in Japan, but only for another....2.5 days. (I return to the states on Tuesday to work from April to June).

As for it's broadcasting, I'm going to say a season II is probobly very promising, but there is no "official" news yet. In other words, when I went to a couple very well known anime places in Akihabara (Animate and Gamers), they actually had posters up for the anime broadcasting of S&W. They were very large posters as well, which means that the space the company could have put something else up at, was devoted to S&W, a very good sign. Also, the day I went a bought book I of the series, I was standing at their section (they weren't on a shelf...well, they were...but they were also on a display stand, which is where I was) and a couple people were picking up copies of any Volume from 1-7 from the stand. Then I finally got the drive and said, "whatever" to the near 700Y price, and bought it. So yes, right now, it's being broadcast very VERY well, in many many stores, shops, etc around Shinjuku and Akihabara. It has at least one small little poster in a section or so of any of the other book stores I visit, which aren't manga/anime affiliated. A season II is very likely, but again, no "official" SII yet.

Does that help?? ^_^

(I edited in the following)

I'm not too sure of the figures, so sorry about that. But I want to point out that the advertising and such may be for sales of S&W DVD's, and you have to remember that due to copyright laws, etc, Asuna has to sign over the rights to a company, and as it stands (don't know for sure this yet) Asuna may only have signed over Volume I and II. You have to remember the anime airs at after midnight on the main networks. (AT-X is huge here) which isn't too promising for it's slot time. 1 episode a week could do with a better prime light. Anyway, because of this, the anime rendition may be Asuna's way of getting people interested in the NOVELS, not a second anime season. The anime companies would have accepted with knowledge of profit (ie how many books already purchased) but may not be looking into a Second Season. They may have just aired one for short term profit from what Asuna signed over, and have a bit of an extra income, but the Light Novels is where Asuna wanted the anime to bring fans to. This last part is all speculation though, Asuna may have signed over the rights to all 7 of the novels for anime adaption.

Also, I did end up going to the Tokyo International Anime Fair today, (the first Otaku event of my life...^_^) and it was quite interesting. I was hoping for there to be booths where people would try to sell their own material, like....Comic Party ^_^, but that wasn't the case. (that's for the summer and winter Comiket from what I hear.) Instead, it was pretty much a huge....mass marketing strategy. There were tons of booths from tons of company's, media works, animax, (even nickelodeon....), etc. There were large posters all over the place, showing pretty much the spring anime releases, the up and coming ToLoveRu among the many. The posters were all of "the top" series, Naruto, Bleach, on the action side. D.C. II on the romance side, Death Note, etc etc. But no matter where or how hard I looked, there was nothing by any of the groups, about an up-and-coming Spice and Wolf Season II. It may have been advertised well for season I, but as for Season II...No company's even had a mention of it. There does seem to be an interesting series coming up by Production I.G. which did Ghost in the Shell, titled "The Sky Crawlers." But again, at this convention for the spring animes', popular series, etc, there was no Spice and Wolf.

Last edited by seaghyn16; 2008-03-29 at 08:31.
Old 2008-03-30, 05:43   Link #118
Liddo-kun
is this so?

First off, I must vote Perfect 10.

It's a good ending to a good anime.
I hope there will be a season 2 so I can watch Lawrence and Horo's adventures again.
Old 2008-03-30, 09:38   Link #119
RampagingEvangelion
Asuka, Asuna, and Horo

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaghyn16 View Post
@Vexx

Yes, I'm in Japan, but only for another....2.5 days. (I return to the states on Tuesday to work from April to June).

As for it's broadcasting, I'm going to say a season II is probobly very promising, but there is no "official" news yet. In other words, when I went to a couple very well known anime places in Akihabara (Animate and Gamers), they actually had posters up for the anime broadcasting of S&W. They were very large posters as well, which means that the space the company could have put something else up at, was devoted to S&W, a very good sign. Also, the day I went a bought book I of the series, I was standing at their section (they weren't on a shelf...well, they were...but they were also on a display stand, which is where I was) and a couple people were picking up copies of any Volume from 1-7 from the stand. Then I finally got the drive and said, "whatever" to the near 700Y price, and bought it. So yes, right now, it's being broadcast very VERY well, in many many stores, shops, etc around Shinjuku and Akihabara. It has at least one small little poster in a section or so of any of the other book stores I visit, which aren't manga/anime affiliated. A season II is very likely, but again, no "official" SII yet.

Does that help?? ^_^

(I edited in the following)

I'm not too sure of the figures, so sorry about that. But I want to point out that the advertising and such may be for sales of S&W DVD's, and you have to remember that due to copyright laws, etc, Asuna has to sign over the rights to a company, and as it stands (don't know for sure this yet) Asuna may only have signed over Volume I and II. You have to remember the anime airs at after midnight on the main networks. (AT-X is huge here) which isn't too promising for it's slot time. 1 episode a week could do with a better prime light. Anyway, because of this, the anime rendition may be Asuna's way of getting people interested in the NOVELS, not a second anime season. The anime companies would have accepted with knowledge of profit (ie how many books already purchased) but may not be looking into a Second Season. They may have just aired one for short term profit from what Asuna signed over, and have a bit of an extra income, but the Light Novels is where Asuna wanted the anime to bring fans to. This last part is all speculation though, Asuna may have signed over the rights to all 7 of the novels for anime adaption.

Also, I did end up going to the Tokyo International Anime Fair today, (the first Otaku event of my life...^_^) and it was quite interesting. I was hoping for there to be booths where people would try to sell their own material, like....Comic Party ^_^, but that wasn't the case. (that's for the summer and winter Comiket from what I hear.) Instead, it was pretty much a huge....mass marketing strategy. There were tons of booths from tons of company's, media works, animax, (even nickelodeon....), etc. There were large posters all over the place, showing pretty much the spring anime releases, the up and coming ToLoveRu among the many. The posters were all of "the top" series, Naruto, Bleach, on the action side. D.C. II on the romance side, Death Note, etc etc. But no matter where or how hard I looked, there was nothing by any of the groups, about an up-and-coming Spice and Wolf Season II. It may have been advertised well for season I, but as for Season II...No company's even had a mention of it. There does seem to be an interesting series coming up by Production I.G. which did Ghost in the Shell, titled "The Sky Crawlers." But again, at this convention for the spring animes', popular series, etc, there was no Spice and Wolf.
That's really good to know.
Old 2008-03-30, 13:46   Link #120
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I have not read through this thread, so I apologize if I'm being redundant in this post.

Spoiler for rant rant rant:
Closed Thread