AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Old 2008-04-07, 20:18   Link #101
andromeda0201

I praise them for managing to make the designs look as close to the manga as possible. This really looks beautiful, but so beautiful any slight change in the animation will cause a disaster. Looks very promising indeed so hope the quality keeps up
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 23:49   Link #102
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
I praise them for managing to make the designs look as close to the manga as possible. This really looks beautiful, but so beautiful any slight change in the animation will cause a disaster. Looks very promising indeed so hope the quality keeps up
That adaptation was the work of Nishida Asako. She also did the character designs for Fate/Stay Night and Touka Gettan, and actually did completely original designs for Simoun. I have some confidence that she made the designs repeatable, since she was animation director of those other three shows, and knows what can happen to designs in the heat of production.

As for who is going to sub this, the Who Subs What wiki has five groups signed up: Conclave & Diffusion, Shoku-dan, Ureshii, Animanda, Orange-Side Fansubs/VK Scans, Mishicorp.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 01:21   Link #103
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-04-08 at 01:40.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 01:54   Link #104
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

The animation quality is stellar! It resembles so closely to the manga that makes me squee in delight. I hope this quality in character and background details keep for the rest of the series. (And I hope the series is long. I don't like very long anime series but for once, I actually want this series to be long. XD) One major thing about the anime that I totally love is the animation of the eye colour - changing to blood red in their blood-thirst mode. That's something you can't get from a static black & white manga.

All the seiyuu fit perfectly to each character. When VK was announced to be animated, I was afraid of what type of voices Kaname and Zero will be given - especially when I found out that Kaname's voice will be played by the same seiyuu as Yunoki in La Corda since I didn't like his voice there but now I see that he made slight changes that fit perfectly for Kaname. WHOO!...they are PERFECT! I pretty much imagined Kaname to have that smooth, soft, silky tone with an undertone of darkness. Very nice. And Zero's voice is beyond excellent.

The comedy was well-placed. Unlike some anime where the serious tones are abruptly interrupted by comedy, VK did the transitions between seriousness and comedy quite smoothly. I love the principal's expression when he got his desk fixed by Yuuki.

The music...I'll be the first in line to get it when the OST is out. I love the OP. I think it fits quite well. And the ED theme is quite good too, providing a darker feel to the closure of each episode.

Overall, the first episode meets my expectations and had me melting with all the hot bishies
Spoiler:
. *fans self*

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
It's Kaname Clan.

It starts off slightly light-hearted but gets darker as the story progresses - you can already sense the underlying tone in this first episode.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 02:35   Link #105
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Yay, Vampire knight is out. It's yet another series that I can go loony about. I also finished the summary for Episode 1 with screenshots.

*now works on the subs with Orange-subs for my editor role once it's all done \o/*
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 12:54   Link #106
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
after watching the raw for 2 times sounds like kuran to me instead of clan.
Old 2008-04-08, 12:57   Link #107
LKK

^^ Kaname Clan is how the anime's web site is spelling his name. Kaname Kuran is how Viz spelled it in the manga. Kuran is how most fans spell it as well, I think.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 14:03   Link #108
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I don't know how Clan/Kuran is actually written in Japanese or how that's interpreted into English but based just on listening to what they say, I think Kuran is a Japanese mis-pronunciation of Clan; since Japanese people can't say "Cl" without adding a vowel sound in between the two letters. Sort of like how Yuuki Cross is pronounced (and sometimes spelled as it is pronounced) as Kurossu (or something like that).

I'm just going to go with Clan for the anime, since that's the official spelling apparently.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 16:05   Link #109
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
I was bored, so I made some avies

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 16:11   Link #110
Molenir

Well, not a big fan of the VK manga, so not particularly looking forward to this series, though I'm definitely going to watch it. The artwork though is very good. As good as the artwork should have been for Special A. I really wish the guys had switched studios. Would have much rather seen a dynamite S.A then an outstanding VK. But then thats just me.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 17:31   Link #111
Razziell22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
I was bored, so I made some avies

Awesome, Can I claim the second one?

And if its not too much trouble... may i request 2 avatar’s from the opening...
first one of Zero and second one of Yuuki and Zero.

1) 00:14 - 00:16
2) 00:59 - 1:01
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6607595ST3jxmEt
Old 2008-04-08, 18:52   Link #112
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razziell22 View Post
Awesome, Can I claim the second one?

And if its not too much trouble... may i request 2 avatar’s from the opening...
first one of Zero and second one of Yuuki and Zero.

1) 00:14 - 00:16
2) 00:59 - 1:01
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6607595ST3jxmEt
Sure, go ahead

1. I didn't know which frame exactly did you want, so I made 2 versions

2. this was rather hard to make within AS limitations; a lot of camera and frames moving, but I finally managed to finish it ^^"

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 19:18   Link #113
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

I actually recently discovered this manga and read up to chapter 38. I am very excited it is going to be animated as well I hope that the anime sticks close with the manga. Lately, I've been disappointed with certain anime based off manga, and the huge changes they make, that basically ruin the series for me in anime form
deathsvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 19:27   Link #114
Razziell22

Quote:
Sure, go ahead
1. I didn't know which frame exactly did you want, so I made 2 versions

Awesome! I wanted the first frame but now I also like the second one dzięki

Quote:
2. this was rather hard to make within AS limitations; a lot of camera and frames moving, but I finally managed to finish it ^^"
Thanks Very Much, that’s perfect ^.^
Cookie to you.
Old 2008-04-08, 20:47   Link #115
zetsumei

Good first episode, entertaining from beginning to end.
zetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 21:17   Link #116
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsumei View Post
Good first episode, entertaining from beginning to end.
agreed, a lot info about the plot in the first episode, character deisgns are nice as well, really looking forward to this show
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 21:17   Link #117
dxgarten

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I don't know how Clan/Kuran is actually written in Japanese or how that's interpreted into English but based just on listening to what they say, I think Kuran is a Japanese mis-pronunciation of Clan; since Japanese people can't say "Cl" without adding a vowel sound in between the two letters. Sort of like how Yuuki Cross is pronounced (and sometimes spelled as it is pronounced) as Kurossu (or something like that).

I'm just going to go with Clan for the anime, since that's the official spelling apparently.
While I agree that "Clan" is probably the closest pronunciation for 「クラン」, the problem comes when we have to say something like "Kaname comes from 'Clan' clan" X(

Although I suppose one can say "Kaname comes from 'Clan' family". Let's just hope that if there's group feud in the story, it'd be between different families of vampires instead of different clans of vampires.
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 21:17   Link #118
NakedAngelX

Entertaining so far~~~ hoping more from it
Old 2008-04-08, 21:27   Link #119
andromeda0201

This sucked me in from the first second, even though I have read the manga I still found it really good indeed. Everything was gorgeous, very satisfied with it, hope this keeps up
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 23:23   Link #120
Kyrie

Send a message via AIM to Kyrie Send a message via MSN to Kyrie
I'm really loving the ending song *-*

It's nice and creepy. A very good fit I think ^^
Kyrie is offline   Reply With Quote