AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-31, 11:03   Link #41
SlugZilla
woofles

Char Aznable
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 06:51   Link #42
Zaku-chan
Rey's #1 Fangirl

Seed/Destiny:
Rey Ze Burrel: Of course who wouldn't have guessed that? XD
Raww le Klueze: Because he's my secret one and only Gundam Guy. *snuggles him*
Fllay Allster: Come on cut this girl a little slack she didn't manipulate Kira because he droped her ice cream cone.
Natarle Badgiruel: The way she died was what puts her up here. She sacrificed herself for her soldiers. (Who ironically ended up dying anyway.)

Zeta/MS Gundam:
Char Aznable: Who doesn't like "Ped Comet". XD
Haman Khan (Zeta Only): Complex character, and definately one of the best Gundam Girls ever.

Victory Gundam:
Chronicle Asher: For a badguy he's quite the compasionate type.
Katejina: At first she was very timid, but later on she was a very strong character.
Oi Nyung: He died earlier on, but the way he stood up against Fuala is what keeps him in my memory.
Zaku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 12:23   Link #43
Wisely

It seems obvious but:

Spoiler:

Never to forget, Raww le Klueze for his usage of providence
Wisely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 06:20   Link #44
seiftis
~defying fate

Athrun Zala, Rey Ze Burrel, and of course.. Cagalli Yula Athha
Old 2004-11-03, 13:36   Link #45
Markgraf

It's all about Camille Bidan.
Markgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 13:43   Link #46
Markgraf

"Haman Khan (Zeta Only): Complex character, and definately one of the best Gundam Girls ever"

Even though ZZ Gundam sucks for the most part, Haman is definitely more interesting in that series. It goes through her whole cycle of repentance.

"Katejina: At first she was very timid, but later on she was a very strong character."

Katejina turned out to be one of the most evil characters in any Gundam series, the way she manipulated Uso and Chronicle. I don't disagree, but I feel the words "strong character' don't do her the justice she deserves. Actually, turning into a filthy, blind and poor beggar is what she derserved... and received! I love happy endings!
Markgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 18:04   Link #47
sizerine

Cagalli Yula Athha
Athrun Zala
sizerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 18:41   Link #48
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Markgraf, perhaps you should put a spoiler tag in there for those that haven't seen Victory :P

And yeah, I wouldn't call Katejina "strong" but I would say that she's a good character.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 19:03   Link #49
aeolian

Camille Bidan owns all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 22:25   Link #50
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Amuro Rey - After seeing him pilot NuGundam RX-93 i was like omg he pwns....
Herro Yuy - Almost Heartless killer and first Gundam Character which i seen he kicks ass in his own sense.
and Char Aznable - Man this guy is incredible Sazabi and his own special set of Mobile Suits hell yea he rocks.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 05:40   Link #51
Zero Murasame
Me+AK-74= UNSTOPPABLE

Dearka (Gundam SEED) His last name rocks. Athrun Zala, cause he's the pimp in the show.
Zero Murasame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 06:07   Link #52
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

all bow to Goddess Katejina!!!!

I mean, Fllay died, Haman died, Kacilia died, but Katejina survived, that alone should prove her divinity! she can survive the wings of light!

"Fight! Fight in my grasp! The winner shall receive all my love!" wow!
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 07:24   Link #53
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Loran Cehack (spelling?). He's kind, nice and skilled. He has an atypical design just like his MS. The conflict within his character is nice as well, helping his friends on Earth yet saving his own people on Moon.

Athrun Zala. He's cool and he makes these sexy quotes every now and then. "Next time we meet, I'll shoot you", whoa that's just kick ass.

Char Aznable. Unexplainably cool. He just comes back all the time with a stronger MS and a cooler haircut.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 08:31   Link #54
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku-chan
Natarle Badgiruel: The way she died was what puts her up here. She sacrificed herself for her soldiers. (Who ironically ended up dying anyway.)
To be fair, I'd imagine there was more than one escape pod/ship off the Dominion. The only ones that died were the ones stupid enough to listen to Fllay. "Yes we'll go to the Archangel! Like Hell we'll go to the Archangel, we've only been shooting at it for the last 8 episodes!"

But yes Fllay and Natarle both need to be cut some slack.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 09:05   Link #55
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
My favorite part of the Universal Century timeline is actually Char's Counterattack, followed by Zeta Gundam. So, my favorite characters from there are...

Char Aznable a.k.a Quattro Bajina. The villian who became a hero in Zeta. He was an idealouge though - not the most pragmatic person in the last series he was in. I also feel somehow Tomino managed to paint Char having tendencies towards megalomania, but perhaps that's just me.

Amuro Ray, the most experienced and arguably the strongest Newtype of them all (Camille would have rivalled him, but, oh well... no spoilers). In his Nu Gundam, he decimated everyone that came at him, even Char. The words "One Man Army" was made to describe him. He was a rather tragic character - never had much happiness.

Camille Bidan. Unless the Zeta Gundam movies will change the entire thing around, I personally think he is the singular most tragic main protagonist of the entire Universal Century timeline. If you watched Zeta, you would know what I mean. For those who do not know, there's a hilarious short comic that was posted in the forums that described the story of Zeta perfectly. I mean, you got GHOSTS floating around..

Bright Noah. Bright is in my books for being the single recurring character that Tomino forgot to kill in Char's Counterattack. His list of achievements are not trivial either - Master and Commander of the White Base, the Aghama and the Londo Bell task force through 3 major conflicts. Too bad his son Hathaway didn't bite the dust along with that whiny arrogant bitch Quess.

Last edited by pyu; 2004-11-21 at 09:17.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 11:17   Link #56
Demon-Hunter

For me it would be Heero and Trowa from the GW series.

I like those two because

a) They where not too soft like kira was. (ok Flay says he is pretending to fight and the guy goes off somewhere crying w/o even saying a thing)

b) I liked how their past history remained unknown for pretty much the entire GW.

c) they were a LOT more competent then kira was... at least pre 30 GS

as for the GS series, i would say my favourite character would be Flay.

She is the most complete and well made character hands down. the others were so predictable. We already knew the mentality of both MWU and pretty much every other crew member of the Archangel.

I pretty much believe that whoever calls Flay a "bitch" either is too immature to understand her nature or just didn't pay attenttion at all.

Think about it for a second, the person she loved most and she was most dependant on was her father. And she sees this same person die with her own eyes. The NATURALLY she would be shocked and would want to get revenge. She also realised that kira was the only one would could make the Coordinators pay. If u were her guys, u would want the same thing so don't even start with the "too goodie for u" attittude ok?

Next she also realised that Kira was too weak to carry out this thing on his own and he needed emotional support. And she GAVE him that. She wasn't propting Kira to fight, nor she want prompting him to go into a homocidal rage.... Kira WAS going to fight, BUT w/o her emotional support there was NO way kira would survive past 14 GS. THINK ABOUT IT guys. Don't just go "bitch bitch bitch" because she had sex with him. Uncounciously she loved kira, even from the start. it took her a while though to understand that. Thats another reason why u should not call her a "bitch".

Really, for most of u forumers here with a few exceptions ur age must be like 12.

And also for some of you, ur favourite character is the one with the largest boobs? WTF? Grow up guys.

I won't comment much on the GSD since it barely started, im goinna wait till the end of it before saying which is my favourite character.
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 11:23   Link #57
Demon-Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
To be fair, I'd imagine there was more than one escape pod/ship off the Dominion. The only ones that died were the ones stupid enough to listen to Fllay. "Yes we'll go to the Archangel! Like Hell we'll go to the Archangel, we've only been shooting at it for the last 8 episodes!"

But yes Fllay and Natarle both need to be cut some slack.
and where would u go u were Flay? All ur friends and the one u loved were aboard that ship
Old 2004-11-21, 11:28   Link #58
Demon-Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinac
Ughhh Flay was a waste of time, every word out of her mouth made me cringe...i personally think she should have been killed off in the first few episodes. =)
OH come on give me a break, whenever i hear something like that i tend to make a mental note to ignore whatever this person is saying due to his lack of attenttion when watching soemthing. its not all about the action, read those dialogues at the bottom instead of being mesmerised by flays Ramuel's boobs
Old 2004-11-21, 11:30   Link #59
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Natarle is definitely my most favorite character in SEED, she's a professional soldier, but also very kind and nice when not on duty.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 14:30   Link #60
Vinac

Send a message via AIM to Vinac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Hunter
OH come on give me a break, whenever i hear something like that i tend to make a mental note to ignore whatever this person is saying due to his lack of attenttion when watching soemthing. its not all about the action, read those dialogues at the bottom instead of being mesmerised by flays Ramuel's boobs
Im a chick, therefore I wasnt mesmerised by anyones boobs...Dont generalize someone simply because you dislike their opinion on the matter. I dislike Flay because she was a whiny, manipulative whore who took advantage of Kiras fragile state of mind to use for her own purposes. Yeah, she suffered some loss in the war, but so did everyone else and it doesnt entitle her to be a completely selfish asshole. Your reply to what I had posted has nothing to do with the context of what I had written. Learn to read.
Vinac is offline   Reply With Quote