AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-27, 21:34   Link #1
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Midori no Hibi - Episode 13 Discussion

omfg this episode is touching.. midori is so kawaii ^^;; too bad i don't know what it's talking about but i get most of what it's saying... nice effect how they put the openning theme as an ending theme and put the wrap ups for how it went after midori tells sinji how she felt... ^^
Old 2004-06-27, 22:24   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

hmm... somehow I feel happy for the cat more than for Midori and Seiji

seriously, good ending... however one thing bothering me in the anime is that the character Kouta is just soooo perfect... well, a bit too perfect I guess...

and they just have to stuff a snow and a sakura bloom in the ending... it makes me feel like watching Memories Off XD
Old 2004-06-28, 00:01   Link #3
kaitou_candy
*Obsessor*

awwww...

what a cute ending!!! loved it^^ i feel like crying :'( , now that it is over. But seriously i like midori more when she was the right hand..she was so cute!!!!! but now that she's big again..she seem less cute..and in a way sorta big headed and ugly...blah..she's still pretty..but how come she's so much cuter when she was the right hand??? wahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

anyhow i liked the ending it was sweet^^
Old 2004-06-28, 01:05   Link #4
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

She's cuter because she's super deformed when she's on Seiji's right hand. Like a cat wth really big eyes. If she was walking around like that, she'd look like Kirby or something.
Old 2004-06-28, 01:44   Link #5
CowMix

I didn't like the ending because
Spoiler:
but the ending was good non the less.
Spoiler:
Anyone who thinks there should be a season 2, it would be sicking because it would be all lovy dovy crap between
Spoiler:
which would be completly different then what made they show good, Seji rejecting Midori as a lover when shes on his hand.
Old 2004-06-28, 02:22   Link #6
krusher

rin is da coolest...seiji needs to work on his sub defense
Old 2004-06-28, 02:49   Link #7
SilverMonkey
A monkey made of silver..

Send a message via AIM to SilverMonkey Send a message via MSN to SilverMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to SilverMonkey
What!!! Thats it?!

-_-

I didn't expect it to end so soon!

Now I'm depressed....
Old 2004-06-28, 03:56   Link #8
Gmc

Nice ending, but the series just seemed a bit too short, blaah.
Old 2004-06-28, 04:18   Link #9
Rand
Dragon Reborn

Let's find quickly a replacement for that serie !!!
Old 2004-06-28, 05:07   Link #10
thund3rcat

Predictable but good ending nonetheless, Midori (big version) is so less annoying but will mostly likely turn into the hand version as their relationship progress. 7/10 anime, 13 episode was the perfect length for it, I don't know how many more times i can stand the ultimate turn off "Seiji-Kun,Seiji-Kun."
Old 2004-06-28, 05:56   Link #11
Itlandm
Porcupine

With a subject header like "omfg spoilers" I think I shall lay off the spoiler tag. It would be like having warning labels on the inside of the microwave in case you put your head in.

No, I don't think lifesize Midori will turn into hand Midori over time. Hand Midori was her spirit, but all humans are a compromise between flesh and spirit. Her flesh is timid, and it was all her spirit could do to move her to confess. (If Seiji hadn't already liked her, he would have walked away while she stood there looking at her feet for so long.) I think she will be more likeable than any of her two previous personalities, who both were too extreme one way or the other. She looks OK in the cuts at the end, quite normal.

I would still have preferred Ayase, if pity had no part in it. She may be a bit crazy but she has the capacity for being a fun companion and not just a good homekeeper and faithful wife.

And Kouta-kun was the pure and innocent sacrifice. Poor guy. The irony of it all.

Honestly, you can only drag out a story for so long. Since such series come in seasons of 13, next stop would be 26, and by then I think people would be fed up with "look look Seiji-kun!". (Although I would not have minded 13 more episodes with Ayase... Mmm ... Ayase... I'll miss you ...)
Old 2004-06-28, 08:00   Link #12
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Fantastic ending! This last episode was ace. It kept me tense all the way through, in my mind i was going 'seji! just go to heeeer, quick!'

Midori x Seji!

Anyhow. This is one of the best series ive seen in a long time, good that they ended it at 13, as if it were dragged out longer, it probably would become a bit boring and the story would be sapped. Perfect!
Old 2004-06-28, 09:56   Link #13
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i'm satisfied, at least now we know it's over and done with
"real" Midori looks a lot better than hand-midori heh
The manga is still much better in my mind:
Spoiler:

i thought the Marin-chan look alike chasing madly after puppet otaku at the end was a hoot
Old 2004-06-28, 10:21   Link #14
thund3rcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
No, I don't think lifesize Midori will turn into hand Midori over time
Ehh I meant personaility wise not physical, Ayase and Kouta-Kun!?
Old 2004-06-28, 10:29   Link #15
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I doubt anyone would change that much just from being with someone they like. No matter how comfortabe you are, there are limits to things like that. Face it, hand Midori was the personality that could have been roped into a gangbang with a "But we all love you so much..." line.
Old 2004-06-28, 10:44   Link #16
huriko

Send a message via ICQ to huriko Send a message via MSN to huriko
Thumbs up

happy ending ... but i am sad ... LOL , cuz i tot MIDORI i will died or something
but it is a nice story and i like it =) and the ending too .. used opening theme as
ending !!!
Old 2004-06-28, 11:46   Link #17
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Face it, hand Midori was the personality that could have been roped into a gangbang with a "But we all love you so much..." line.
And off this thread goes, straight into the gutter...

Midori, hand or real-life, is an innocent, which actually, comes to explain a great deal on why I don't like her very much.

At least she's growing up a bit, which is better.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
Old 2004-06-28, 11:48   Link #18
Itlandm
Porcupine

I meant personality also. We saw in the last episode how hand Midori wrote in her diary that it was like a dream. And to her, that was exactly what it was. A dream. Only a part of her was there, not the whole Midori. In dreams we sometimes do things we would not do in real life. So, I do not think she will ever become like the hand Midori, so childish and impulsive. But less shy, certainly.
Old 2004-06-28, 12:36   Link #19
CowMix

Quote:
Originally Posted by thund3rcat
Ehh I meant personaility wise not physical, Ayase and Kouta-Kun!?
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-28, 12:44   Link #20
Itlandm
Porcupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
And off this thread goes, straight into the gutter...
It is Snoopy after all. He is a jerk, but he is a honest jerk. And he performs a useful service to the community, so we all like him anyway.
Quote:
Midori, hand or real-life, is an innocent, which actually, comes to explain a great deal on why I don't like her very much.
I agree, and this is a big reason why I like Ayase: She has a lot of imagination when it comes to love. I have a lot of sympathy for Midori, actually, but I think Takako would be more fun to be with. It is not just innocence as in lack of experience, it is that Midori is afraid of change, afraid of new things. She wants things to be the way they have been, always. "Zutto zutto." That's Midori.
Closed Thread