AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-02-12, 12:47   Link #261
kgptzac
Summoner of the Third Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
Remember that many people are fans, but few are industry experts. So you gotta be careful about comments posted on the internet. Look for those who can put together a decent argument, like G005 did
indeed. most fans of galgames are in Japan, so all of us here who can be counted as some kind of minority :P and of course I'm not accusing anybody i don't know of playing hentai, i was just commenting on the fact that most ADV games are galgames and most galgames have somewhat ecchi elements in them and most of the players like those kind of stuff...

and also i guess blaming on the fans for KID's downfall isn't my original intension. KID is the one of the few who didn't make 18x titles, and gradually the human resources got carried away and what we should remember is the earlier KID with MO2 and E17 and not the later one

and the legend is probably gonna end with 2007 even though i wish for more Integral games coming out and so.
kgptzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 13:08   Link #262
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

games will sell well without ecchi content. tokimeki memorial and sentimental graffiti are proof of this.

the game cant suck though and expect to sell well. one cute girl on the screen and 30mins of text is not ok. story, interaction, mini games, something has to be there. blinking eyes, FMV, something...
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 17:59   Link #263
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
games will sell well without ecchi content. tokimeki memorial and sentimental graffiti are proof of this.

the game cant suck though and expect to sell well. one cute girl on the screen and 30mins of text is not ok. story, interaction, mini games, something has to be there. blinking eyes, FMV, something...
Higurashi managed it with no cgs, animation, interaction or FMVs. It was just story... however, the story was damn good.
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 06:28   Link #264
Enerccio
VN maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Enerccio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch View Post
Higurashi managed it with no cgs, animation, interaction or FMVs. It was just story... however, the story was damn good.
not correct - ever 17 contains FMV and also it contains lot of bonuses
Enerccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 14:18   Link #265
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enerccio View Post
not correct - ever 17 contains FMV and also it contains lot of bonuses
Try reading my post again...
Old 2007-02-20, 02:01   Link #266
kgptzac

Hmm i found this version of Je Nach that sounds really something a level higher than average -> http://www.kgptzac.info/files/je_nach.mp3

and it is from KID Music Museum vol.2 bonus disk :P
Old 2007-02-20, 03:38   Link #267
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgptzac View Post
i don't think so... at least in traditional chinese version it still spelled as "You"... word game, i guess :P
Just wanted to point out, although this is a month late, that it's intentional.

They spell it as You to keep the joke that Yuu says early in the game "I am you!" which is both her name and the line most people will intrepet it as. It's kind of bothersome for me because I think of the English "you" or imagined the pronunciation as "Yo" but I got used to it after awhile. It helps that I listened to the Japanese dialogue a bit more than the translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomshinichi
Well, for anybody that knows Chinese and English, I've posted an amateur comparison between the two versions (TTime Taiwan vs. Hirameki's translation) on my blog:
http://randomshinichi.efx2.com/view/78414/
Not that I'm lacking blog readers, it's just that most of my readers don't even know what Ever17 is, and I'd like some educated feedback.

I only completed the Tsugumi good ending, and this focuses on the ending. So if you haven't gotten Tsugumi's good ending yet, be warned: this is kinda spoilerish.
I can't comment on the Chinese version of the translation but Hirameki's is extremely good for the most part. There are a few places where the wording needs to be a bit sharper for effect but almost all the lines are convey the same meaning as the originals. Mind you, this is only for the spoken dialogue in the game. I don't know the original lines for the monologues by Kid and Takeshi but I did make sure to check the translation of the spoken lines against the text.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 05:55   Link #268
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
The grammar in Hirameki's translation can be rather weak from time to time, but the -translation- itself is good from what I could gather. :x
Old 2007-02-20, 11:00   Link #269
kgptzac

the thing i am not so sure about is when Sara said something about Julius Ceaser... i think that's a bit random >_<
Old 2007-02-20, 12:47   Link #270
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

The grammar and spelling is a bit off, and the text looks like it could have done with being proofread... However, I think most of the nuances were translated, although there was a bit about nosebleeds that people who didn't watch anime wouldn't get.
Old 2007-02-20, 22:59   Link #271
kgptzac

i'm referring to this:

for Mori Motonary (毛利元就) see this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mori_Motonari

=.=|||
Old 2007-02-21, 17:17   Link #272
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgptzac View Post
i'm referring to this:

for Mori Motonary (毛利元就) see this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mori_Motonari

=.=|||
I suppose the translators thought: "person from the past that the readership will know = Julius Caesar"

They could probably have translated that a bit better.
Old 2007-02-21, 22:57   Link #273
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post

This post brings up a few point I'd like to talk about.

For me at least they have to have some sort of gameplay element for me to consider them. I'm a huge critic of the ADV genre of Bishoujo games, but I play Alicesoft, Eushully, Kogado and Studio E.Go games all the time, which range from Airship Combat (Kyuutei Senki), War Campaigns (Meisoyoku No Reiki, Sengoku Rance), Strategy RPG's (Genrin No Himegami 2, Mamatoto/Mamanyonyo) all the way down to simple time consuming dungeon crawlers (Dungeons and Dolls, Tayu Uta, Dark Gaiden, Earlier Rance games etc.).

It also helps that I can read Katakana which is used in a number of menu's, along with menu's I've already memorized from SRW that are in Hiragana (I think). Katakana can be entirely self taught and it took roughly 2 years for me to memorize them all to the point where I auto-translate them. (It's just putting a character to a roman letter in your head, it becomes second nature and no Japanese knowledge is necessary). It's when you hit hard Kanji that problems arise as they can even look slightly different from game to game.

I've also never been the kind of guy to call any ADV game without H content superior to one with it. To me I'm still going to be doing the same clicking regardless of whether somebody gets naked or not. I'm definetely not championing the digusting Hard-core games out there that are fairly revolting (Luckily the Non-ADV games by my favourite companies never push the envelope into Scat and other unpleasant regions, at worst you might get a couple of aggressive forced sex scenes in one out of every 5 games, which you can skip through if it turns your stomach), but I'd sooner watch the Kanon anime, than sit down to click through the game towards an eventual ending, even if it is wholesome and has a coherent story.

Still despite what I said in the previous paragraph, and I give fair warning, everyone must absolutely avoid anything by the companies Bishop, West Vision, Black Lilith, Mink, Tinkerbell, and Sogna, as most if not all of their games contain a number of scenes that will cause you to lose your lunch.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-21 at 23:13.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 11:26   Link #274
FireBend

Hey guys!
I'm kinda new here... Well anyway - I just finished the game... I really liked the characters and almost all the paths... Sara's some how just doesn't fit in for me and Coco's gets a little "messy" later... But I just wanted to to say that this game was epic... I especially loved Tsugumi's path and the true ending...

Just a quick descussion statemant - I think that it doesn't matter if u have Cure or not u can still die without oxygen... For a while anyway
Spoiler:

Last edited by FireBend; 2007-03-06 at 01:56.
FireBend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 12:49   Link #275
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Please put that last bit in spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-05, 14:23   Link #276
FireBend

Thats exactly what I think Anyway like I said I'm new so sorry if this was already asked, but do u guys know any more games like this one?
Old 2007-03-05, 21:38   Link #277
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBend View Post
Thats exactly what I think Anyway like I said I'm new so sorry if this was already asked, but do u guys know any more games like this one?
EVE Burst Error
Desire

and you could search around forums, there are many visual novels with good story mentioned here.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 22:01   Link #278
luckyovermind
hungry~

unfortunately eve burst error is nowhere to be found nowadays, used to see it on the himeya for very cheap prices, but now there is none available.
Old 2007-03-06, 01:50   Link #279
FireBend

thx guys... got any more?
Old 2007-03-23, 16:24   Link #280
FireBend

By the way, does anyone have any news on 12 riven?

Tags
visual novel